Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Look who is finally showing his butt onscreen

It’s James Badge Dale!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Who!?

by Anonymousreply 1December 29, 2021 10:13 AM

He’s been working regularly in film and TV for two decades, it’s not my fault R1 if you don’t watch anything but GG reruns on TVLand and think that forty years old reference is still funny.

by Anonymousreply 2December 29, 2021 10:15 AM

^ Doesn't matter it's boybutt, Rose

by Anonymousreply 3December 29, 2021 10:16 AM

He’s a terrific actor with a great ass but I have no interest in Hightown. They made a show set in Provincetown and it focuses on a straight cop? Pass.

by Anonymousreply 4December 29, 2021 10:16 AM

43 and not married.....hmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 5December 29, 2021 10:18 AM

I think if he was gay he would be out already

His father was Anthony Perkins’s longtime boyfriend, Grover Dale

by Anonymousreply 6December 29, 2021 10:33 AM

[quote]They made a show set in Provincetown and it focuses on a straight cop?

No, they focus on a lesbian cop with lots of explicit sex scenes, including one where the lesbian is eating out the pussy of a chunky black girl she picked up while drunk.

by Anonymousreply 7December 29, 2021 10:39 AM

Hightown, as much as I have seen, is about the straight guy and the tortured lesbian cop who wants to join the straight guy's police investigation team which chases after some ominous drug lord and his associates. Male gays may not be in the cast, but show up as extras or glorified ones. I like Riley Voelkel (from CW shows like The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Legacies, and the new Roswell).

by Anonymousreply 8December 29, 2021 10:39 AM

I've been watching this show. It's not bad.

by Anonymousreply 9December 29, 2021 10:41 AM

He has fantastic shoulders and tits too

Very underrated hottie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 29, 2021 11:14 AM

I thought this season was really good. It's one of those shows that flies under the radar but it's better than a lot of fluff critics like to praise.

by Anonymousreply 11December 29, 2021 11:15 AM

he has a good body for his age.

by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2021 11:28 AM

This isn't a first, he'd shown his butt last season, too.

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2021 11:29 AM

Very pretty girlfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2021 12:34 PM

Note that he has a lot of tattoos IRL that they cover up on the show, for people who take issue with that sort of thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2021 1:12 PM

Though it takes place in Provincetown, gay men are barely visible. I've never been to Provincetown, but if you watch Hightown, you will get the impression that it is teeming with lesbians. It's all good though because there are plenty of scenes where you can salivate over Amaury Nolasco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2021 2:03 PM

We used to live in Groverdale.

by Anonymousreply 17December 29, 2021 2:09 PM

According to my partner, who has family ties to that area of cape Cod, it's a pretty accurate description. People assume that it's all like Provincetown in the summer, but there's a huge narcotics crisis that's been sweeping through those now impoverished fishing towns once the tourists are gone for the year (and even while they're still there.)

On a lighter note, Amaury Nolasco is HAF.

by Anonymousreply 18December 29, 2021 2:14 PM

[quote]Hightown, as much as I have seen, is about the straight guy and the tortured lesbian cop who wants to join the straight guy's police investigation team which chases after some ominous drug lord and his associates.

So Anybodys got her own TV show—

by Anonymousreply 19December 29, 2021 2:16 PM

We need to talk more about Amaury Nolasco on this site. He looks like his PR pinga is longer than Cape Cod.

by Anonymousreply 20December 29, 2021 2:22 PM

I remember when they tried to build a series around Badge Dale, the terminally boring Rubicon. I remember the AMC promos begging people not to change the channel after Mad Men. Suffice to say, it was not sexy enough.

They need to build a series around him in which he constantly takes off his pants.

by Anonymousreply 21December 29, 2021 2:23 PM

Rubicon was a great show but not for the braindead crowd which made those AMC zombiefests hits.

by Anonymousreply 22December 29, 2021 2:25 PM

He plays a pretty unsympathetic character in Hightown. I was much more interested in the fate of the lesbian cop or the drug trafficker's girlfriend (Riley Voelkel - probably the best thing in the series).

In fact, this really is a series about strong but struggling women dealing with the cards they are dealt (the lesbian cop, the blonde stripper, the black girl who is supplying all the drugs in town). All the men (except the black police chief) are losers and idiots (the guy who overdoses at the end of the first season, the fat black guy running drugs in jail, the drug trafficker played by Nolasco, and the biggest loser is James Badge Dale).

One thing I love about this series is that the theme song is Kathy Valentine's pre-Go Gos version of "Vacation".

by Anonymousreply 23December 29, 2021 2:44 PM

I watched several episodes specifically for JBD but I fell asleep every time. It was brutally slow and quiet.

by Anonymousreply 24December 29, 2021 2:45 PM

^ Rubicon

by Anonymousreply 25December 29, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote]I remember when they tried to build a series around Badge Dale, the terminally boring Rubicon

I loved Rubicon, it's one of few shows I really was disappointed over not getting another season.

by Anonymousreply 26December 29, 2021 2:47 PM

Another Rubicon lover. I didn't find it at all boring.

by Anonymousreply 27December 29, 2021 5:30 PM

Fun Fact: James Badge Dale's middle name is actually Badgett (his grandfather's middle name, too). He thought shortening it would lend an air of zoom to his billing.

He plays a short but important role in World War Z, and he's at his most masculine and sexy as a military guy.

by Anonymousreply 28December 29, 2021 7:11 PM

A fuckin beast in the Michael Bay Benghazi movie.

Pity there was no group shower scene with him, Krasinski, and Pablo Schreiber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 29, 2021 7:30 PM

He was one of my first crushes after I saw him in Lord of the Flies when I was 10. He was about 13 and played the nice guy Simon. I watched that movie so many times...

Glad to see he’s grown up into a good looking guy. Nice body, too.

by Anonymousreply 30December 29, 2021 8:18 PM

R2 what films and TV? Never heard of him and his butt and face are meh! I have Prime and Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 31December 29, 2021 8:22 PM

I loved “Rubicon”. Loved it.

He’s a good actor, and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 32December 29, 2021 8:24 PM

His mother was the fabulous Anita Morris.

by Anonymousreply 33December 29, 2021 8:25 PM

R28 he was billed as Badgett Dale in Lord of the Flies. I remember thinking that was such a cool name. Way better than my common, boring name.

by Anonymousreply 34December 29, 2021 8:53 PM

Awww his baby is almost here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 30, 2021 12:36 PM

Beautiful gif of JBD unveiling those cakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 31, 2021 12:46 PM

It’s like watching Venus emerge from the sea

by Anonymousreply 37December 31, 2021 12:58 PM

Wow, he’s hot. He’s one of those actors whose name I recognize but whose face I can’t place. I looked at his IMDb, and even though I watch a lot of tv and movies, I think the only thing on his list of credits I have seen is World War Z.

by Anonymousreply 38December 31, 2021 2:39 PM

His parents were Broadway royalty. Grover Dale, in addition to being Anthony Perkins' boyfriend of many years, was a highly successful Broadway and TV dancer and choreographer. His mother Anita Morris was a Tony winning dancer, singer and actress who also was successful in films and television. And Dale and Morris had a very happy marriage and professional relationship. You can't pigeon hole relationships. Life and relationships can be complicated but still happy.

by Anonymousreply 39December 31, 2021 10:49 PM

Anita didn't win a Tony, r39

by Anonymousreply 40December 31, 2021 10:59 PM

He's a dad now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 31, 2021 11:09 PM

She should have. Anita did the most incredibly limber and erotic movements while Liliane had problems remembering her simple lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 42December 31, 2021 11:10 PM

His father Grover Dale was in The Unsinkable Molly Brown. I remember watching that movie and thinking who is that cute guy. Looked him up and saw that his son was also an actor. He had a 6 year relationship with Anthony Perkins and then broke it off in 1973 and married Anita Morris in the same year.

by Anonymousreply 43December 31, 2021 11:26 PM

Tommy Tune is officially credited with the direction of Nine and his frequent associate Thommie Walsh with the choreography but in fact Grover Dale staged and choreographed uncredited his wife Anita Morris's big number A Call from the Vatican. And that number was a sensation.

by Anonymousreply 44December 31, 2021 11:26 PM

The quality being what it is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 1, 2022 12:49 AM

I have watched r36 several times in a row. A few times since it’s been posted. Holy smokes, that is hot.

by Anonymousreply 46January 1, 2022 12:59 AM

They capitalized on it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 1, 2022 2:32 AM

Has anyone asked James Badge Dale about his father's TORRID affair with Anthony Perkins

by Anonymousreply 48January 1, 2022 2:35 AM

r48, why would they? Who asks someone about the parents' former lovers?

by Anonymousreply 49January 1, 2022 3:43 PM

[quote]Who asks someone about the parents' former lovers?

People with no decency, integrity or sense of boundaries.

In other words, a large share of Twitter users.

by Anonymousreply 50January 1, 2022 3:46 PM

Anita Morris was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 51January 2, 2022 6:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!