Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melissa Sue Anderson: Little Cunt on the Prairie? Part 2

I was listening to Ike Eisenmann being interviewed by Alison Arngrim on her podcast and busted out laughing at his description of his first day as guest star on Little House on the Prairie. A producer led him to the makeup table and introduced him around.

"Hi! I'm Melissa!" said Melissa Gilbert.

"Hi, I'm Matthew," said Matthew Labyorteaux.

The third person at the table turned around in her chair, not bothering to introduce herself. "You were in Escape to Witch Mountain," she said.

"Yes!" said Ike.

"I was supposed to do that with Willie Aames," said 11-year-old Melissa Sue Anderson frostily, "[italic]but we had scheduling conflicts[/italic]."

Silence. Finally:

"That's Missy!" said Melissa. "Anyway, welcome to the show."

Melissa Sue never spoke to him again all week.

by Anonymousreply 31December 30, 2021 9:47 AM

Where’s the link to Part1?

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2021 11:55 PM

Sorry! Here's Part 1. Hours of speculation about MSA's cuntitude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2021 12:17 AM

Shitbra.

by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2021 12:22 AM

Don’t pay any attention to her. She’s just pissed off because she’s blind.

by Anonymousreply 4December 18, 2021 12:30 AM

LHOTP gossip is what made me fall in love with DL, over 15 years ago. Followed a link for some scandalous gay nonsense, scrolled down, saw an entire thread dedicated to Little House on the Prairie. Have not left.

by Anonymousreply 5December 18, 2021 12:36 AM

There was once a LHotP thread where someone claiming to be Karen Grassle claimed, "Help! My husband's jeans are so tight I can't get them off even with a pliers!" I laughed that entire day for some reason over that.

by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2021 12:41 AM

R6 made me laugh with that story. Sometimes a random thing will just crack me up.

The story of “Dat’s da suck job!” did it to me. In fact, when I’m having a really bad day, I’ll say it out loud and the giggle makes me feel a tiny bit better.

Just yesterday I was thinking about how Meghan Markle’s jaw-jutting smirk reminds me of Nellie Oleson.

by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2021 12:45 AM

MSA's response to Alison (from Part 1):

[quote]To: Alison Arngrim From: Melissa Anderson I have not bothered to repudiate the lies and innuendos about me that people have told me are in your book. I have not bothered to refute the lies and innuendos about me you have spread in various interviews. If that's what you feel you need to do to try and sell your book, it's pretty pathetic, but that's your decision. But when you state that I renounced my American citizenship, this is going too far. This is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY UNTRUE. No one is a more patriotic American than me and at no time did I, or would I EVER renounce my American citizenship. My attorney informs me that some of these statements could be construed as Defamation of Character, and if you do not cease this ludicrous smear campaign HE will be the next one to contact you. If you want to live in the Little House past and base your career on being the real life reincarnation of your nasty TV character, that is your affair. I have not uttered a single unkind word about you, either in print or in the media. Take a page from MY book, Alison, and grow up.

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2021 1:01 AM

I read that in Tracy Flick’s voice, r8.

And LOLed.

by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote] If you want to live in the Little House past and base your career on being the real life reincarnation of your nasty TV character, that is your affair….Take a page from MY book, Alison, and grow up.

I’m loving this.

by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2021 1:41 AM

It's gotta hurt to know that everyone is #TeamNellie.

by Anonymousreply 11December 18, 2021 1:48 AM

Little Catfight on the Prairie!

by Anonymousreply 12December 18, 2021 1:50 AM

I had a much bigger crush on Merlin Olesen then on Michael Landon.

by Anonymousreply 13December 18, 2021 1:59 AM

There's something fishy about the story at OP. Ike Eisenmann first appeared on Little House in 1976 in its second season (when MSA was 14, not 11), and Matthew Labyorteaux didn't join the show until its fifth season.

by Anonymousreply 14December 18, 2021 2:47 AM

Matthew > Patrick

by Anonymousreply 15December 18, 2021 2:49 AM

At least we know that MSA doesn't pay for professional representation based on the quality of writing at r8.

by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2021 5:59 AM

Alison wasn't the only one to claim she was a cunt, Melissa Gilbert has claimed the same!

by Anonymousreply 17December 18, 2021 7:21 AM

Watching Matthew Labyorteaux made this little gayling tingle down there.

by Anonymousreply 18December 18, 2021 7:28 AM

I just listened to Alison on Ike Eisenmann's podcast and the cohost asked if Melissa Sue was back on Alison's Christmas card list.

Alison said she guessed so, because they were cordial at all the 40th anniversary Little House media appearances, but added, "The cast was like, 'Wow, she was nice for a whole six hours.'" Me-OW!

by Anonymousreply 19December 29, 2021 11:44 PM

I bet MSA would cut a bitch for a role in a dinner theater production.

by Anonymousreply 20December 29, 2021 11:47 PM

More like Melissa Who? Anderson. Has the bitch worked since the show went off the air?

by Anonymousreply 21December 29, 2021 11:58 PM

Maybe Melissa is on the spectrum or something. She sounds socially off.

by Anonymousreply 22December 30, 2021 12:45 AM

She was blind and bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 23December 30, 2021 1:05 AM

OP- When Melissa Sue Anderson was 11 years old in 1974 Matthew Labyorteaux was not on LHOTP for at least another three years ( his first appearance was as Charles Ingalls as a little boy)

by Anonymousreply 24December 30, 2021 1:08 AM

More MSA stories, please.

by Anonymousreply 25December 30, 2021 1:36 AM

I heard that Melissa Sue Anderson was eating a meatball sandwich right out in CLASS.

by Anonymousreply 26December 30, 2021 3:29 AM

R26's old joke still makes me laugh every time.

by Anonymousreply 27December 30, 2021 8:17 AM

As one of the few people who’s actually seen Happy Birthday To Me (so good there was no need for a remake) - you bitches better beware MSA!

by Anonymousreply 28December 30, 2021 8:36 AM

Can you imagine how much this place would melt down if Alison Anders actually mentioned DL?

by Anonymousreply 29December 30, 2021 8:36 AM

[quote] Can you imagine how much this place would melt down if Alison Anders actually mentioned DL?

Maybe she can mention it in Grace of My Heart 2.

by Anonymousreply 30December 30, 2021 8:46 AM

Not only was MSA beautiful, she could "ACT", unlike Gilbert or Allison. They were hacks. That's probably where the "attitude" came from. They were both wildly popular, while MSA was just hanging in the background waiting to be summoned, with her "waterworks" and sobs, while no one noticed nor cared.

by Anonymousreply 31December 30, 2021 9:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!