Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vanilla Sky

Was Penelope's character an asshole for no longer wanting David (Tom) after he was disfigured? It seemed like they fell in love that first night She wanted nothing to do with him after the accident. Bitch even cringed at his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2022 9:34 PM

Yes, totally agree with you.

I hated her in the movie, Her character was appalling. Never understood why no one noticed this. Maybe because the movie flopped and no one cared.

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2021 2:48 AM

She says, in the movie, she tried to see him at the hospital. It is when he finally sees her in person that she freaks out. She cringed at his face at the club and started crying in front of him. Almost like telling him he is a waste. He would have acted the exact same way. It was only physical with them.

by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2021 2:54 AM

Why would anyone see this movie, let alone take it even halfway seriously?

It's bad enough that it's named for no reason "Vanilla Sky" simply because Cameron Crowe liked that as a title (he wanted to call "Almost Famous" that title, again for no reason).

But at one point early in the film Cameron Diaz tries to kill Tom Cruise while saying things like "I swallowed your cum! That has to MEAN something!"

by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2021 3:11 AM

I don't think anyone believes that a man would choose Penelope over Cameron.

The title never made sense to me. The Spanish version is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote]Why would anyone see this movie, let alone take it even halfway seriously? ….

[quote]But at one point early in the film Cameron Diaz tries to

WHY WOULD ANYONE SEE THIS MOVIE I WENT TO SEE AND REMEMBER EVERY TINY DETAIL OF?

by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2021 3:20 AM

That was not a "tiny detail," despite your hysterical shrieking in all-caps, Mary.

The entire theater I was in (when it was first run) erupted in laughter at that line.

by Anonymousreply 6December 17, 2021 3:27 AM

[quote] I don't think anyone believes that a man would choose Penelope over Cameron.

Have they even SEEN Cameron's skin??

Er.... I mean... of course you're right! Cameron all the way!

by Anonymousreply 7December 17, 2021 3:29 AM

Were you watching it with a theater full of adolescents? Why would that line be funny to anyone?

Tom meowing like a cat in his fake-looking makeup is a hell of a lot funnier.

by Anonymousreply 8December 17, 2021 3:32 AM

No because she's only human. It would be jarring to be around someone who was severely disfigured unless you knew them for years before the accident. I think David is the real asshole of the movie for fucking Cameron Diaz but refusing to invite her to his 50+ person birthday party. He seemed like a real cunt who basically got what he deserved.

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2021 12:09 PM

I remember some guy in the theater remarking "We get it, he likes to fuck women!"

And the dopey face Cruise has throughout the entire first scene at Sofia's apartment.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2022 9:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!