Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Crumbl Cookies Are Coming To A Place Near You

and by "you," I mean "me."

Are they worth $5/cookie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 26, 2021 11:17 PM

Is any one cookie worth $5? The cookies are fresh out if the oven and very good. Worth $5, no 1 cookie is.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2021 8:52 PM

Oh hai, Market Research Person.

We have $4 cookies from Levain bakery, and I do believe they are worth the price. They are loaded with butter and quality chocolate and (depending on the cookie), walnuts. They’re rich as hell, and most of us can’t eat a whole one. It’s common to split them among two or more people because they are so rich. For $4, it makes sense; there’s probably 2 ounces of good chocolate per cookie.

These look like sugar cookies with frosting. Not really expensive ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2021 9:06 PM

Nothing wrong with an Oreo

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2021 9:17 PM

I've been to 42 states, Publix is the supermarket chain with the best bakery. They have nice sized chocolate chip cookies for 50 cents each. Most people would balk at paying more than $2 for a damn cookie.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2021 9:22 PM

Nobody ever asks if a restaurant dessert (which is probably a few days old from a nearby bakery or frozen from a food distribution company) is worth $8-$10.

Nobody asks if a bag of rock hard cookies at the super market is worth $4. This stuff is pumped full of preservatives so it can be shelf stable for months. And there's a huge profit built into that bag.

But an artisan cookie baked that day, or even in last few hours? Hmm lets debate spending $5 on that.

Americans would be better off if they spent MORE on candy and baked goods and consumed less by volume. You're not doing an adult favors by buying them a pound of cheap candy. Buy them a few pieces of high quality chocolate in a nice box instead.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote] Nobody ever asks if a restaurant dessert (which is probably a few days old from a nearby bakery or frozen from a food distribution company) is worth $8-$10. Nobody asks if a bag of rock hard cookies at the super market is worth $4. This stuff is pumped full of preservatives so it can be shelf stable for months. And there's a huge profit built into that bag.

Actually people frequently question the value of most everything, even more often now with rising inflation.

[quote] But an artisan cookie baked that day, or even in last few hours? Hmm lets debate spending $5 on that. Americans would be better off if they spent MORE on candy and baked goods and consumed less by volume. You're not doing an adult favors by buying them a pound of cheap candy. Buy them a few pieces of high quality chocolate in a nice box instead.

Americans eat huge quantities everything. Eating less and avoiding sugar all together would be better. That still doesn't justify a $5.00 cookie. Nor do their ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2021 10:58 PM

That unbearable gay vlogger from Indianapolis, Peter Monn, uploads new Crumbl cookie review videos every week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2021 11:26 PM

Oh that’s how big they are? Two servings for $5. Okay.

Melissa’s Cupcakes are $1 each and they’re about a tablespoon’s worth of batter.

People are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2021 12:05 AM

R6 Of course the ingredients are cheap. Food costs are all about labor and location. If you want to eat a fresh baked cookie in a store that only sells cookies, you have to help keep the lights on.

A pizza only costs about $1-2 to make. In the 90's, i remember a local pizza place pegged their costs at 76 cents per pizza.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2021 2:57 AM

I haven’t tried them, but you can buy frozen Levain cookies at Whole Foods. 8 for $9 vs 4 for $27? Probably not as good, but…

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2021 4:51 PM

These look like FRAU cookies to me.

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2021 4:53 PM

NO. It's shite.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2021 5:10 PM

Another annoyingly twee "foodie" trend built on packaging and marketing. The cookies on the website don't look that great and the website requires information like your phone number or address before you even see a price.

Some people must indulge by spending way too much on a luxuriously-priced treat, even if it is not worth what they're paying. They spend $5 on a cookie and then they're done after one, vs spending $5 on a package of cookies and eating them all in a day or two.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2021 6:30 PM

I just got back from Publix, R4. Now I want cookies!

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2021 6:38 PM

R14- NO cookies for you. If you disobey me and eat those cookies I shall send you to be with NO supper.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2021 6:58 PM

My choices are either McVitties chocolate digestive biscuits or Biscoff chocolate sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2021 7:07 PM

It's been weird to watch their growth. Does anyone even notice that they're closed on Sunday, or have they just been conditioned by Chick-fil-A to think that's normal? Mormons tend to substitute junk food and sugar for alcohol and drugs, and the whole point of Crumbl was that they could have warm cookies delivered to their door until midnight.

I'd love to see Swig and the other Morridor dirty-soda places take off. If there's one thing America needs, it's the opportunity to roll up to a window and drive away with a giant sugar cookie and a 44-ounce soda with added syrup and cream.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2021 7:19 PM

Absolutely not worth $5. I had one a few weeks ago and it was warm and about twice the thickness of a normal cookie but other than that nothing special. I think they use the cheapest semi-sweet chocolate chips possible. I'll pay $5 for a baked good but it has to be better than something I could make at home. Agree with the people who say it's just twee marketing bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2021 7:21 PM

They’re gross and way too sugary.

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2021 7:24 PM

These are for fat people. I have no clue who would waste calories on these things, they have to be hovering about 1,000 calories each. All of the fat fraus in my old office used to bring several huge boxes of these in all the time and they’d all eat multiple cookies throughout the day. The types all seem to be sickly sweet monstrosities. Lava cake cookie? Pumpkin cream cheese? Birthday cake batter? What the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2021 7:35 PM

They are no more sweeter than most cookies.

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2021 7:48 PM

LOL - take a very close look where the outlets are so far.

Of course, they'd be in those locations.

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2021 7:53 PM

Fat whores rejoice! Their cookies are only 100-150 calories per serving!

Fat whores despair! One serving is 30 grams, meaning each cookie is 5-7 servings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2021 8:05 PM

[R7], that queen's contacts are so fake blue I wonder his channel hasn't been banned.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2021 8:13 PM

Cookies are so easy to make--if you want one with real chocolate, sugar, walnuts, just make some yourself. Just as good and much cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2021 8:20 PM

[quote]if you want one with real chocolate, sugar, walnuts

As opposed to fake chocolate, sugar, and walnuts?

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2021 8:31 PM

Yeah, as opposed to those, which are often used in low-quality mass-produced baked goos.

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2021 8:31 PM

A friend of mine orders them all the time. I'll have 1/4 of a cookie and that's enough. I love chocolate, but the chocolate ones I've had just taste like brownies and are just ok. I don't like them enough to buy them for myself.

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2021 8:38 PM

The problem is the size. The ingredients in their chocolate chip cookies are the same as home-baked:

All-purpose flour, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, chocolate chips, butter, baking soda, and salt.

But let me know where I can buy fake walnuts, please.

by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2021 8:42 PM

The chef’s hat on the logo looks like a dirty ass swinging in the air festooned with pimples. Bet you can’t unsee that!

I agree Publix has an excellent bakery and sells smallish portions of similar chocolate laden cookies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2021 9:37 PM

They also have it backwards, the name should say “Cookie Crumbl” with the E broken off the end.

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2021 9:41 PM

Nobody splits a cookie, you fucking liar r2.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2021 9:56 PM

To be fair, if you buy more cookies, like a box of four or box of 12, it costs less than $5/cookie

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote]But let me know where I can buy fake walnuts, please.

You can't, R29. The by-products/floor sweepings of the nut processing industry is shipped off to various pastry/cookie manufacturers, and cannot be obtained by the general public.

by Anonymousreply 34December 13, 2021 7:39 AM

This company was started by a college student in 2017. How good could it be?

by Anonymousreply 35December 13, 2021 9:31 AM

"Nobody splits a cookie, you fucking liar [R2]."

Did you use to post here under the name "Fat and Friendless?"

Starved and Stingy?

Cookie Monster?

by Anonymousreply 36December 13, 2021 11:19 AM

Stop being pedantic about the cookie ingredients. You know that the poster meant cheap and mass-produced.

So, I take it that cookies are the new cupcakes. Ten years ago a coworker from Atlanta went to NYC with a friend and one of their goals while there was to try as many of the cupcake shops as possible.

by Anonymousreply 37December 13, 2021 11:42 AM

They're very good, almost cake like. People pay $5 for a cup of coffee so I can see why they charge $5 a cookie. Though if the economy collapses again, this will be the first thing people cut when they tighten their budgets.

by Anonymousreply 38December 13, 2021 12:32 PM

Here's the 2¢ Chick giving a good review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 13, 2021 3:49 PM

They look like cow patties in a cookie box.

by Anonymousreply 40December 13, 2021 11:52 PM

Am I the only person who actually [italic]likes[/italic] oatmeal raisin cookies?

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2021 12:04 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2021 1:20 AM

I really like their cookies. Yes, they’re expensive, but that just keeps me from buying them too often.

by Anonymousreply 43December 14, 2021 1:26 AM

How much are they? $5 even or like $4.50 plus tax? And what is the discount for buying more?

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2021 3:38 AM

I had one of these at a party; it was good but not worth $5. The woman who brought them talked about these cookies like they were the Beatles and I just don’t quite get it. Whereas I think Levain cookies are worth it. But neither of them comes close to a homemade cookie.

I love oatmeal raisin, R41, as well as oatmeal chocolate chip.

by Anonymousreply 45December 14, 2021 3:44 AM

Another fan of oatmeal raisin cookies here. My mom made them, and included a small amount of shredded coconut(not overly noticeable, and it added a pleasant stickiness to the interior of the cookie)

by Anonymousreply 46December 14, 2021 6:54 AM

[quote]Am I the only person who actually likes oatmeal raisin cookies?

What's the point? Just eat some oatmeal with raisins in it..

by Anonymousreply 47December 22, 2021 1:45 PM

Wait, you mean $5 for EACH cookie? I thought you guys were saying the box was $5.

That is insane. They probably cost about 15 cents to make.

by Anonymousreply 48December 22, 2021 2:02 PM

I just had an $4 Insomnia Cookie. Meh.

The other day I tried a $4 donut, Meh

by Anonymousreply 49December 22, 2021 2:04 PM

What are you trying tomorrow? Or haven't you learned your lesson yet?

by Anonymousreply 50December 22, 2021 2:06 PM

Franchise/chain = a nothing special product for the masses. No thanks. I'd be willing to spend $5 or more at a local French bakery though for a special occasion. Otherwise, home baked is best.

by Anonymousreply 51December 22, 2021 2:13 PM

I live in Tampa and they opened one right next to WildFork in an affluent community west of the city .

While I’m sure a few people might try it, long term I think both are DOOMED.

Publix offers fresh meat and a sheer multitude of baked goods that rival Crumbl, the WildFork offerings were shrink wrapped like space food and took two days to defrost. Nah.

A few years ago, there was a “mini donut” guy I saw at every rotary meeting, he had partnered with multiple businesses, ran all sorts of promotions and failed miserably.

They’d have to charge triple because there’s no way anyone will eat this stuff every repeatedly because

PEOPLE DON’T WANT TO GET FAT.

by Anonymousreply 52December 23, 2021 5:56 AM

R24 his eyes look naturally blue. I doubt he's wearing colored contacts

by Anonymousreply 53December 23, 2021 6:24 AM

These look good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 23, 2021 6:25 AM

[quote] Publix offers fresh meat

I'm off to Publix.

by Anonymousreply 55December 23, 2021 12:02 PM

I just saw signage for one coming to a nearby neighborhood, the only other one I know of in this area is about 6 miles from where I live.

by Anonymousreply 56December 23, 2021 12:16 PM

[quote]Wait, you mean $5 for EACH cookie? I thought you guys were saying the box was $5. That is insane. They probably cost about 15 cents to make.

About 15 years or so I was headed to the office when I saw a food cart on the sidewalk, it was for fresh Belgian waffles, so I bought one. The price for one quarter of a whole waffle was something like $4 (similar in size to this).

The cart didn't last long and I know they have a storefront nearby but I've never been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 23, 2021 12:19 PM

It would be almost impossible to dislodge the stranglehold Publix has in Florida. It's expensive but the stores are pristine and the deli/bakery is fantastic. I like their products better than what you get at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.

by Anonymousreply 58December 23, 2021 5:15 PM

That is true. Publix are pristine but they are the CVS of grocery stores. I never shop there unless absolutely necessary.

by Anonymousreply 59December 23, 2021 5:48 PM

The Whole Foods prepared deli foods are gross. I've never tried their bakery, but my experience with their other prepared foods made me less than enthusiastic about the idea.

by Anonymousreply 60December 23, 2021 5:49 PM

The Target bakery is surprisingly good. I like their cupcakes and cheesecakes better than Publix's.

by Anonymousreply 61December 23, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote] Wait, you mean $5 for EACH cookie? I thought you guys were saying the box was $5. That is insane.

Where the flyover Bumfucke do you live that you think you can get a whole box of bakery cookies for $5? Do you also think you can get a dozen Sprinkles cupcakes for $5 too?

by Anonymousreply 62December 23, 2021 5:51 PM

The macarons at Publix are 2 dollars EACH. They're large and delicious, though. The other cookies are cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 63December 23, 2021 5:58 PM

R63, wow, that’s a great deal. They’re twice as much elsewhere. Is Publix low end?

by Anonymousreply 64December 23, 2021 5:59 PM

No, Publix is considered one of the premier grocery stores in Florida and Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 65December 23, 2021 6:03 PM

I go to Publix every time I visit my in-laws in Florida. You all are on crack if you think it’s baked good are anything special. They taste like typical grocery story baked goods.

by Anonymousreply 66December 23, 2021 6:03 PM

It depends on the baked goods: Some Publix stuff is better than others. The macarons are good and so is the bread. The cupcakes taste like a box mix and have fake buttercream (Crisco and sugar) icing. Their premium sheet cakes with real buttercream are great, though.

by Anonymousreply 67December 23, 2021 6:05 PM

Isn’t this a gross name for a grocery store? Pubes? Pubic hair? Really? Not really what I want to associate with food.

by Anonymousreply 68December 23, 2021 6:07 PM

Affordable luxury for the aspiring broke-ass who can’t afford a $2000 watch.

by Anonymousreply 69December 23, 2021 6:13 PM

Who can’t afford a $2000 watch?

by Anonymousreply 70December 23, 2021 6:15 PM

It's pronounced Pub-licks, no connection to pubes except in your gutter mind.

by Anonymousreply 71December 23, 2021 6:52 PM

Oatmeal raisin cookies are great — as long as they are homemade. Mass-produced ones are gross. I’m not, however, OK with substituting raisins for chips in chocolate chip cookies. Leave the raisins in the oatmeal cookies please.

by Anonymousreply 72December 23, 2021 6:56 PM

Chocolate chips in oatmeal cookies are really good.

by Anonymousreply 73December 23, 2021 9:22 PM

R79 I’m saying that try-hards who covet a true luxury lifestyle but can’t afford $2000 watches because they work at the mall condole themselves with affordable luxuries like $5 cookies. Hope that made sense.

by Anonymousreply 74December 23, 2021 9:31 PM

They look shitty

by Anonymousreply 75December 23, 2021 10:43 PM

[quote]The ingredients in their chocolate chip cookies are the same as home-baked: All-purpose flour, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, chocolate chips, butter, baking soda, and salt.

Is the flour bleached and enriched with chemical vitamins or unbleached white not enriched?

High fat butter or cheap butter?

Good genuine chocolate chips or "chocolate flavored" chocolate chips?

Fresh eggs or powdered?

It all adds up.

by Anonymousreply 76December 23, 2021 10:57 PM

The owners of Publix are huge Trump supporters so there’s that

by Anonymousreply 77December 24, 2021 1:36 AM

[Quote] The ingredients in their chocolate chip cookies are the same as home-baked: All-purpose flour, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, chocolate chips, butter, baking soda, and salt.

Most cookies anywhere are. Yet, they taste so different from cookies baked at home

by Anonymousreply 78December 24, 2021 1:37 AM

Publix. That is like saying a Tiffany lampshade is as good as one from Target...LOL

by Anonymousreply 79December 24, 2021 7:24 AM

I had a mint chocolate chip cookie from one of these places and it was disgusting. The cookies themselves have no flavor at all. They taste like shortbread gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 80December 24, 2021 8:37 AM

C is for cookie, and that's good enough for me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 24, 2021 10:16 AM

Lavain Bakery products are fine for what they are; but anyone who really knows what they are doing could make batches of same cookies or whatever for same money.

Walk past their UES location all the time and two things are certain. Long lines during day, then a conga line of people at night going through their trash bags for what is thrown out.

Early on when location opened people were pulling baked goods by the box full out of those trash bags. Lavain bakery must of gotten wise because now when pass see people hauling out broken or smashed goods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 26, 2021 9:12 PM

Not-so-stealth advertising.

Blocked

by Anonymousreply 83December 26, 2021 9:15 PM

Are these cookies or cakes? They are so thick and soft they look like cakes.

by Anonymousreply 84December 26, 2021 9:17 PM

r83

Oh not only am I blocking but I am sharing it so people can see what a snowflake douchebag I am.

by Anonymousreply 85December 26, 2021 9:23 PM

Publix bakeries are definitely not anything special. They are serviceable, at best.

The baguettes are terrible, and the much beloved key lime pie is no where as good as Trader Joe’s frozen version.

by Anonymousreply 86December 26, 2021 9:52 PM

My mother used to make oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip cookies and they were delicious. I burnt my fingers and mouth countless times pulling them off the hot rack after they were fresh out of the oven. She used to call them Cowboy Cookies but I have no idea why.

by Anonymousreply 87December 26, 2021 11:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!