Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrities from the west coast who seem like they're from the east coast (or vice-versa)

Maybe it's just because of the Woody Allen association, but I was surprised to learn that Diane Keaton was born and raised in Los Angeles. I know she spent a significant amount of her early career in New York, which is where I'd always assumed she was originally from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2021 1:17 AM

Lana Del Rey is from the east coast but her songs are so influenced by the west coast (beck, one of singles is West Coast).

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2021 6:20 AM

*heck

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2021 6:21 AM

Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth--born in Rochester, NY but raised in southern California; went to University High School, and later, Otis College of Art & Design. She's associated with NYC because it's where her career took off, but she's (weirdly) a California girl. Her aloofness does not exactly suggest it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2021 6:26 AM

Tim Burton from Southern California. He seems like he should be a New Englander.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2021 6:29 AM

Tupac Shakur as a NY native.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2021 6:32 AM

Mare Winningham born in Arizona and raised in California comes across as more east coast then California girl.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2021 6:36 AM

Mia Farrow is in the same boat as Keaton, both in regard to the Allen connection, and in that they are both from California. Mia grew up in Beverly Hills. I believe now she lives on a modest farm in Connecticut.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2021 6:37 AM

Laker-game fixture Jack Nicholson seems more LA than his native NJ.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2021 6:40 AM

Theresa Russell strikes me more as a brassy, street-smart New Yorker than she does someone who was raised on food stamps in Burbank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2021 6:45 AM

Keaton seems like a real LA ditz, she never seemed East Coast to me. Same with Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2021 6:46 AM

R10 Keaton a ditz, maybe. Farrow, not so much. She's always carried herself a bit more seriously IMO.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2021 6:49 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2021 6:17 PM

R10 Farrow seems very New York to me. She seems afflicted by the brittle neuroses that seems to plague people out there

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2021 6:54 PM

R13 I agree. She has a bit of a repressed sensibility about her that feels more east coast than it does west, but then again, that could be because she was raised in a diehard Catholic environment.

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2021 1:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!