Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Aniston Has No Regrets

The actress on tuning out the media madness ("Am I still having twins?"), the gut punch of the 'Friends' reunion and her journey to "own who I am, where I am and just how long I’ve f***ing been here."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 12, 2021 1:02 PM

It’s somewhat incredible she expects us to feel sorry for her (describing the difficult time she had at the end of “Friends.”)

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2021 5:52 PM

Doesn't she just sell lotion now?

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2021 6:08 PM

God, she's boring.

That's PR spew right there. Most people have regrets. It is part of living life. A few regrets are healthy and can shape your personality. You need to have one first though, so I could see that being an issue here.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2021 6:16 PM

As Frances Faye said: "I think when you're pretty it doesn't matter how you wear your hair."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2021 6:27 PM

I read a Vanity Fair profile about her in the late nineties or early aughts (pre Angie) and while she did seem "nice," she was painfully self absorbed and whiny. Haven't read this, but it sounds like not much has changed. I'll r we the article later.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2021 7:17 PM

Jen on The Edge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2021 7:48 PM

She's a middling actress who has a great publicist.

She's been on the cover of the tabloids for a decade with stories like, "Is she pregnant?" and "Are Aniston and Pitt back together?"--all planted by her publicist.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2021 7:50 PM

This all feels soooo painfully orchestrated by PR to look/feel "spontaneous." Cause unpretentious, accessible, spontaneous and real.... that's Jen's brand, people!

I can't help but think this was done, in part, to deflect the disaster of THE MORNING SHOW, particularly Season 2, which did not put Jen and her talent in a good or flattering light (even after an Emmy nom for S1). Note how she mentions how busy and booked she is for the next couple of years in the interview, with no mention of even a possible S3 of TMS. Huh.

I like Aniston, but she is a lightweight, breezy talent with a unique flair for charming the press and the public for almost 3 decades now. Not a serious actor.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2021 7:57 PM

She has no talent either.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2021 7:58 PM

There are always flashes of her Friends character is whatever she does

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2021 8:02 PM

Just chillin' at home in my designer dress, jewelry, and my rockin' 52-year-old bod.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2021 8:49 PM

More chillaxin' with Jen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2021 8:51 PM

Liked Rachel.

Still like Rachel.

Always will like Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2021 8:54 PM

She has the best PR people I have ever seen. She's done basically nothing of significance since Friends ended in 2004, but she's still relevant and a generational and cultural icon.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2021 8:55 PM

Barf. The broad is always soooo DRY…..dry skin, dry lips, dry throat. Bet her puss is dry too. Can’t these celebs just gracefully go away when their expiration date is long past?

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2021 8:59 PM

I wish they'd mention who the stylist was so we can shoot them out of a cannon into the sun.

I like Jennifer Aniston, and think people have to dig deep to find something to dislike about her aside from her blandness. She's not amazing but she's not awful, she's fine. I liked her in the Nicole Holofcener movie.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2021 9:00 PM

[quote]Barf. The broad is always soooo DRY…..dry skin, dry lips, dry throat.

No. She uses Aveeno.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2021 9:02 PM

That chin implant is insane.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2021 9:03 PM

She's a TV actress with a look. As long as she stays in her lane, she's fine.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2021 10:39 PM

Why is she always bashing her late mother? Her father is the one who walked out

. Poor Nancy. Jen had the kind of career she wanted. Who wouldn't be bitter?

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2021 10:53 PM

I've always liked her - she seems like a decent person.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2021 10:57 PM

I once shared a ciggie with her outside Umberto Salon Beverly Hills circa 1996. Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2021 11:04 PM

Is she, you know, barren?

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2021 12:28 AM

Well, she probably is now. She’s 52 and has likely gone through menopause.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2021 12:51 AM

R24 excuse you, she's pregnant with Brad's triplets!!

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2021 12:55 AM

Why has she no babies?

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote] Why has she no babies?

Maybe the aliens from planet Zorcon thought she was too dry to impregnate.

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2021 1:00 AM

She really loves attention. Has she ever gone away at all? She's in the tabloids all the time and she's not interesting as a person or as an actress. Courteney Cox at least has some movies like Ace Ventura, Scream and that show Cougar Town. Lisa Kudrow is actually quite funny too. Jennifer Aniston is lucky for Friends because she is so many flop TV shows and movies prior. She seems like a shallow person who can't live without the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2021 1:07 AM

She looks like our dl mascot - SJP

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2021 1:10 AM

I don't wish her any I'll but surely she regrets that chin.

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2021 1:12 AM

I still really don't understand the massive popularity of Friends till this day. At best it should had 4 to 5 years standard for its type but nope ended up with 10 years. I don't get how such unlikable and annoying protagonists and unfunny jokes made an iconic TV show. But I guess it shows comedy is subjective.

by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2021 1:15 AM

Sorry, r31, but I still find this funny...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2021 1:26 AM

R32 I've always felt the humor was too simple and juvenile. The characters are supposed to be adults but act like a group of shallow, dimwitted teenagers. Joey and Phoebe were the only characters I found amusing and even they got old.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2021 1:38 AM

It obviously wasn't the show for you, r33.

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2021 1:41 AM

R34 Well duh. Didn't I make that clear? I said comedy is subjective.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2021 1:42 AM

R34- What's Happening Again !! was better than Friends

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2021 1:44 AM

Yes, you've made it very clear what you feel is wrong with the show in your opinion, r35. What I don't understand is why you watched it.

by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2021 1:45 AM

R37 Because it was always on TV and popular. So I tried to give it a shot multiple times because I'm open-minded. Never made me laugh. Please get over your feelings. A lot of people don't find Friends funny including many of my friends. To me personally, it's just a bunch of dumb, privileged adults acting like annoying kids in arrested development. They are shallow and vapid characters not interesting in the slightest. I find the acting to be pretty bad and the jokes are just unfunny to me. It lacks the satirical edge of Seinfeld, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Peep Show which I find a million times more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2021 1:49 AM

Brad pitt made her famous and he made jolie infamous

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote]A lot of people don't find Friends funny including many of my friends.

Oh, well then.

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2021 1:52 AM

R36 Yep. I love 70s sitcoms. All in the Family, What's Happening, Good Times, MASH, etc. All better than Friends.

R40 Well. It's true. Maybe because I'm a dude and the only people I know who like Friends are women. It's like an aspirational fantasy and they can insert themselves into Jennifer Aniston's poor little rich girl character.

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2021 1:54 AM

R39 Basically. Aniston had no promise after Friends ended after as an actress due to her lack of charisma and talent. Her relationship with Pitt kept her in the public eye far longer than she deserved. Angelina Jolie had charisma and star power and a real personality. Hooking with Pitt did Jolie no favors honestly, she crashed and burned.

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2021 1:58 AM

ANY episode of The Love Boat was better than Friends- especially the episode where Captain Stubing sniffs the strippers pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2021 2:00 AM

Coupling was far more entertaining than Friends despite being inspired by it. British humor never fails to crack me up.

by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2021 2:02 AM

R44- No offence but it makes me cringe when someone says- CRACKS ME UP.

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2021 2:06 AM

R45 Get a hobby please.

by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote] [R34] Well duh. Didn't I make that clear? I said comedy is subjective.

No, you absolutely didn't say anything like that whatsoever at r33 (the post r34 is responding to).

If you said that in another post above, no one could tell that was you, because you're posting anonymously.

You owe r34 an apology.

by Anonymousreply 47December 9, 2021 2:20 AM

R47 OK. It's really not that big a deal. Why apologize? What is this elementary school lol?

by Anonymousreply 48December 9, 2021 2:30 AM

I'm good, r47, but thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 9, 2021 2:31 AM

Aniston is an all right girl. Leave her alone. Yes, she’s “boring” but she’s also just a laid-back pothead. She’s not some demon.

Friends is definitely a show that people who were younger than me were into. Seinfeld was vastly superior. I don’t understand how Friends could ever be considered “iconic” — it was just a lightweight sitcom that appealed to basic people.

by Anonymousreply 50December 9, 2021 2:31 AM

[quote]it was just a lightweight sitcom that appealed to basic people

Well, smell r50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 9, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] She's done basically nothing of significance since Friends ended in 2004

I strongly disagree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 9, 2021 2:35 AM

very lucky woman

by Anonymousreply 53December 9, 2021 2:37 AM

she's childless, maybe by choice or happenstance. either way, her life is truly her own

by Anonymousreply 54December 9, 2021 2:47 AM

What serious regrets could she have?

by Anonymousreply 55December 9, 2021 2:49 AM

R52- The guy in your video is CUTE.

by Anonymousreply 56December 9, 2021 2:51 AM

Of all the photos in the article, the one at OP is what they chose for the header?

The way the turtleneck frames her chin and jowl reminds me of Roger Ebert’s sad last days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 9, 2021 4:11 AM

She was much more attractive before she altered her face and body to resemble yet another skinny white blonde with a tiny nose. As an actress, she can be charming, I liked her in The Good Girl.

by Anonymousreply 58December 9, 2021 4:44 AM

"Regrets, I've had a few..." - NOT Jen

by Anonymousreply 59December 9, 2021 5:20 AM

No complaints. And no regrets. I still believe in chasing dreams and placing bets.

But I have learned that all you give is all you get so give it all you've got...I had my share. I drank my fill. And even though I'm satisfied, I'm hungry still. To see what's down another road beyond the hill and do it all again.

So here's to LIfe....and every joy it brings. So, here's to life...To dreamers and their dreams...

Funny how the time just flies; how love can go from warm hellos to sad goodbyes and leave you with the memories you've memorized

To keep your winters warm. For there's no 'yes' in yesterday and who knows what tomorrow brings or takes away

As long as I'm in the game I want to play for laughs for life for love. So here's to life. And every joy it brings. Here's to life...the dreamers and their dreams. May all your storms be weathered. and all that's good get better.

Here's to life.

Here's to love.

Here's to you....

by Anonymousreply 60December 9, 2021 5:33 AM

I love Jennifer Aniston. I think she's fun.

Please with the "remnants of Rachel" nonsense! As IF Katharine Hepburn did anything new between "Bringing Up Baby" and "Long Day's Journey Into Night"!

I enjoyed the article. "Self-involved"? What the fuck else are you supposed to talk about when a big, celebrity glossy magazine comes calling? The economy? I thought Jen came across as grateful and appreciative of her gifts and limitations. I'm older than most of you Millennials and Gen Z grim whiners, and yet I manage not to be so toxic as all of you looking back to a 1994 sitcom to tell everyone who had fun watching it that we are the problem. Get a life you hilarious haters!!

by Anonymousreply 61December 9, 2021 7:34 AM

I'm sure she's nice as a person. But my issue is she's such an attention whore yet acts humble and innocent. For being so down-to-earth she seems hellbent on proving it over and over with interviews. That fake humility gets tiring and nobody seems to be buying this except the aging Gen X fangirls who come here to shit on Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 62December 9, 2021 5:41 PM

Everyone loves her.

by Anonymousreply 63December 9, 2021 6:41 PM

I love Jennifer and she's done very well for herself, keeping relevant and in projects since Friends ended. More than her other co-stars. She looks great, she's 52 and not trying to act otherwise. Everyone else hating on her is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2021 7:11 PM

She's rich and has no kids, despite constant speculation on her uterus. She smokes pot and seems to have good lasting friendships. She should be a DL icon.

by Anonymousreply 65December 9, 2021 7:13 PM

I'd rather DL icons be actual gay men and lesbians. Jennifer Aniston grew up rich with a father in Hollywood, her connections and marketable bland image is a big reason why she's still around. But I don't find anything about her to be inspirational. She never worked hard at anything really nor tried to challenge herself. She's content with her privileged carefree life but was intelligent enough to take opportunities. Basically idle rich. Being a polite person who values friendships probably means she was raised with good role models. I think that should be the norm not an exception. I give her kudos though but she is not iconic in anyway.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2021 1:11 AM

R66, since WHEN are “actual gay men and lesbians” ever ICONS to gay people??

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2021 1:18 AM

When are you carp about is someone's privilege because they don't live in a trailer home and had a father who had a job on a soap, I imagine your argument is a bit thin.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote]She never worked hard at anything really nor tried to challenge herself. She's content with her privileged carefree life but was intelligent enough to take opportunities.

This is why Generation-X loves her. She’s a successful slacker personified.

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2021 5:05 PM

Yes her being the perennial golden girl of leisure and pleasure is the main ingredient in her success.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2021 5:22 PM

She's tried a few different projects to show her range, such as The Good Girl, Cake, The Morning Show, Horrible Bosses. She was really good in those.

Unfortunately she too often did the romcom crap.

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2021 11:10 PM

A lot of DLers in this thread seem to be unaware of those performances, R71.

My boyfriend watched all of TMS, and I saw a lot of it. She’s no slouch.

I’ve been meaning to see The Good Girl for years…

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2021 3:38 AM

I found this thread surreal until I realized it's not "Jensen Ackles Has No Regrets".

by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]Yes her being the perennial golden girl of leisure and pleasure is the main ingredient in her success.

Anniston has worked as an actress continuously since 1993. I'm certain she takes vacations like everyone else, but not sure why you're pretending she hasn't worked more than 90% of actresses over the past twenty-eight years. That's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 74December 12, 2021 1:11 AM

The best cover Rolling Stone ever published

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 12, 2021 1:19 AM

R72 she was really outstanding in "The Good Girl". It's a small movie but very interesting character study. Plus I like she went unglamorous at the height of her beauty and wife of Brad Pitt.

She was also really good in "Life Of Crime", "She's Funny That Way" and "Office Space" where she's nothing like Rachel

by Anonymousreply 76December 12, 2021 2:01 AM

That cover at R75 confirmed that I was gay in 1996 because I didn’t even notice her butt or that she was naked at the time.

by Anonymousreply 77December 12, 2021 10:17 AM

I remember an interview with her waaaay back when she was just getting famous from friends. She was dating Tate Donavan (spelling?) at the time. She was incredibly charming funny and down to earth in the article. She lost all of that when she became [italic]Jennifer Anniston.[/italic] I was surprised by how ambitious she ended up being. Nothing wrong with that at all, but her public image became so bland in her pursuit of fame

by Anonymousreply 78December 12, 2021 10:28 AM

.Friends was always Seinfeld for Dummies, but like a previous poster said she's not a monster, just another bland former-A-Lister. Big meh.

by Anonymousreply 79December 12, 2021 10:56 AM

[Quote] I found this thread surreal until I realized it's not "Jensen Ackles Has No Regrets".

Oh i'm sure he has several.

by Anonymousreply 80December 12, 2021 11:03 AM

R78 I don't doubt she's ambitious but she clearly isn't that ambitious as she's never really chased the hot scripts, even though she could.

If "Gone Girl" had been made sooner she would have been the ideal Amy, subverting her "America's Sweetheart" image.

I also think she would have been great in "Wild" as the woman on the verge walking through the wilderness or in Big Little Lies.

by Anonymousreply 81December 12, 2021 11:58 AM

She’s not into taking chances. She sticks to dull rom-cons, even though she could have attempted more difficult roles.

by Anonymousreply 82December 12, 2021 1:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!