Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Just Had COVID Booster Shot

Anyone experience any side effects? Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 172January 1, 2022 11:39 AM

Very mild. Got Pfizer last Saturday. Arm pain and some mild fatigue for a few hours. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2021 8:52 PM

Swollen lymph nodes and arm pain. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2021 8:54 PM

I was supposed to get mine today but am dragging my feet on it. I know, I know.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2021 8:56 PM

Moderna three weeks ago, sore arm and nothing else. I got my flu shot yesterday and my arm hurts worse.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2021 8:57 PM

None at all. Moderna

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2021 8:58 PM

Just got mine Wednesday, was slightly sniffly and feverish for about two or three hours yesterday. Took an aspirin and have felt fine since. That was Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2021 9:00 PM

Got mine not too long ago (Moderna) and I think young pretty boys are somehow even more attracted to me. These bottoms can’t get enough now that I’m approaching my muscle daddy phase.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2021 9:05 PM

24 hours of body aches, chills and a low fever, just like after the second shot. Arm pain was gone in two days. Got the flu shot at the same time and the sore arm from that lasted four days.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2021 9:05 PM

i got the moderna booster last Saturday. No side effects except redness and itchiness at the injection site.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2021 9:10 PM

I had chills, overall tenderness, and finally deep fatigue for much of the next day, but by the evening I was on the mend and the next day I was fine. It was Moderna, whereas my first shots had been Pfizer, which gave me only a headache the next day each time (no headache after the booster).

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2021 9:16 PM

Sore arm for a day. Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2021 9:18 PM

Pfizer. No side effects at all. .. Except for the bruise on my arm caused by the (amateur) pharmacy worker who gave me the shot. .. The first shot I got from an excellent nurse; the second by a (hot!) experienced paramedic. No problem with either. ... With this third one, I knew immediately I'd end up with a bruise.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2021 9:36 PM

I didn't experience side effects from ANY shots -- I had two plus booster all Maderna. Does this mean my immune system is working super-well or not at all?!

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2021 9:43 PM

Moderna, on Monday afternoon. Similar experience to R8 and R10, and reminiscent of effects I had after my second dose. For the booster, my side effects didn't really kick in for about 24 hours after the shot. Just when I was starting to think I was in the clear this time, BAM. Took a Tylenol, grabbed my caftan, and cuddled under a quilt with the dog until it passed. Was fine and 100% by the next morning. Totally worth it.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2021 10:04 PM

Nope. None. Pfizer 3x.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2021 10:20 PM

I got my Pfizer booster and this year's flu shot at the same time, on Oct 5. The arm with the flu shot hurt worse. Mild fever the first day; I took a nap and it was over with. Nothing to speak of. My second Shingles vaccine was worse.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2021 11:03 PM

I got my booster and flu shots the same time and felt fine. A week later I got a mild cold- sneezy and running nose. Mostly cleared up. I don’t think covid has sneezing as a symptom. But could it be related?

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2021 11:45 PM

Received my booster today. Feel absolutely awful.

My first was terrible. Second was nothing. Third is awful. Why?

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2021 3:02 AM

what symptoms?

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2021 3:13 AM

Freezing, sore throat, arm feels like it’s going to fall off, weak, cough

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2021 3:19 AM

i hope you feel better, R20. Take some ibuprofen and drink some water.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2021 3:27 AM

do you have an electric blanket to crank up high?

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2021 3:35 AM

Thank you, R21 and 22. You made my night. I have my heat cranked up to 85. Still freezing. I have my electric blanket. I will take some advil. I have my kitty.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2021 3:40 AM

The third one was a real doozy for me. But better than ending up in the hospital for sure.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2021 3:49 AM

If you don't get at least a day's worth of flu-like symptoms, then your immune system is shot. But good luck.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2021 3:50 AM

Pfizer booster - Had my injection in the morning and 13-14 hrs later got the chills, higher temperature (100.4). I woke up at around midnight and I could not go back to sleep. Terrible insomnia, thirst, body aches, and a headache. The next day the temperature came down to <100 in the morning, but I was really tired, and my legs felt very heavy. Arm pain really kicked in at night and persists even today two days later. I felt better by the evening, but today also I was tired with some arm pain. I got the flu shot at the same time. My side effects were much worse for the booster than the second dose of Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2021 4:08 AM

The guy at the pharmacy who gave it to me was so cute. I might need to go back for a different kind of injection.

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2021 4:11 AM

Flu shot R27.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2021 4:15 AM

Except for the new acquired x-ray vision, nothing more than a sore arm, fatigue for 2 days and a rolling headache.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2021 4:16 AM

Had my Moderna Booster on Wed - all day yesterday I had aches and chills and felt like I had the flu. I felt better when I woke up this morning , except my lymph node under my arm is swollen and painful. Still - totally worth it!,

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2021 4:18 AM

I had Moderna for all three shots and experienced the arm soreness each time and fatigue on the second dose and booster. That was as bad as it got for me.

I mentioned in another thread that I was participating in a study with the University of Texas Health Sciences Center that is measuring COVID antibodies. They do three separate blood draws three months apart and test for natural antibodies and antibodies via vaccine. I received my first two doses of Moderna in January and February. My first blood draw for the study was at the end of August. The results showed that I had no natural antibodies (meaning I've not had COVID) and that I had antibodies from the vaccine. But my antibody count was only 350. I got my booster at the beginning of November. I had my second blood draw this week. Still no natural antibodies. But my vaccine antibody count shot up to >2500 this time. Obviously from the booster. The third blood draw will be at the end of February/beginning of March. It will be interesting to see how much my count drops by then.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2021 4:25 AM

Moderna booster today at noon (previously, had had the J&J, with zero after-effects). No sore arm, no redness or puffiness at injection site, almost unnoticeable throb in upper body (would have sensed it except I was being extra vigilant for things happening), slight temporary fatigue, slight chill in extremities temporarily. Even with the above, am overall feeling better than usual. Hope nothing develops tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2021 4:38 AM

^^^ "would have sensed it" = "wouldn't have sensed it"

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2021 4:40 AM

I got my booster (Pfizer) this morning. Right I feel a little sluggish with a (very) slight fever, and my left arm (where I received the shot) hurts a little.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2021 4:57 AM

I have to wait until 6th Feb next year for mine.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2021 5:09 AM

Moderna, about three hours ago. My foreskin grew back and I gained some girth and about four more inches in length.

I’m magnetized and the 5G coverage on my iPhone is so strong now I basically have a satellite phone.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2021 5:10 AM

Got mine this morning. I have a sore arm. My second shot kicked my ass, but this one didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2021 5:14 AM

I had an appointment at Bartell’s Drugs which I made online. When I showed up, there were zero people in the store. I was really surprised.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2021 5:16 AM

My Pfizer booster shot knocked me out for the better part of three days. It felt as though I had the flu.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2021 5:17 AM

I heard Bill Gates talking. When I said 'hello?' it stopped.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2021 5:18 AM

Did you have nausea and stomach ache, R39?

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2021 5:20 AM

Yes to nausea R41

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2021 5:22 AM

Pfizer - First shot no side effects. Second shot EXTREME fatigue. Third / Booster shot I got the day before Thanksgiving and I did feel 'off'. My arm was sore but I didn't know it until I went to bed and laid on it.

[R26] How odd, I also had insomnia for several days but I didn't connect it to the shot. But I am thinking now that it may have been the Booster shot.

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2021 5:32 AM

You are going to die over there.

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2021 6:08 AM

Got my Moderna booster on Friday. Saturday I had body aches and fatigue. Today I am fine.

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2021 6:24 PM

Got the booster two days ago. Im dead now and writing from the great beyond

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2021 6:35 PM

This was me Friday night at the 2 minute mark. It was absolutely awful. A million times worse than my first jab. I feel better now. My arm is still sore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2021 6:37 PM

R26, I have exactly the same symptoms

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2021 6:54 PM

I keep hearing about everyone having a sore arm for a while. I did too—3-4 days.

Put ice in your injection spot just after getting it. That should shorten the duration

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2021 6:57 PM

I guess my 4th jab is in June, hopefully that one is better. It maybe they skip side effects. My first second was nothing. My first was awful. My third was a nightmare. So my 5th? Oh lord.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2021 7:01 PM

*my second was nothing^.

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2021 7:01 PM

Got my booster Friday - Moderna like the first two. Same reaction as the second shot. Fatigue, aches, fever of 101.7.

Feeling better today but still a bit fatigued.

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2021 7:05 PM

R50, why would you have gotten 4???

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2021 7:29 PM

Don’t these vaccines last six months?

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2021 7:31 PM

Pfizer - No reaction to first shot, felt wiped out after second, and no reaction after the booster.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2021 7:33 PM

Why is it the reverse for some people?

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2021 7:34 PM

Had Moderna booster Thursday, had Moderna originally. 1st shot, some mild chills and light fatigue. Second shot, flu symptoms, couldn't get to sleep that night, freezing, muscle aches. With the booster, I went to bed early, woke up at 2am, couldn't go back to sleep, was fatigued, dry mouth, aches, freezing, then sweats and nausea. The booster side effects were worse than the second shot. I'm thinking Pfizer for a 4th shot if necessary. Moderna seems to kick my ass hardcore.

R26: Your symptoms sound like mine. This is going to sound weird, but did you poop in the middle of the night? I never do, but both the second shot and with this one, I had to go at about 3AM. It's like the shot speeds up my metabolism or something. Anyone else experience that?

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2021 7:35 PM

R18 How old are you? And long did the effects last? I have to get mine soon and I am trying to plan my schedule around it.

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2021 7:36 PM

Hey R58–42, old kween, the side effects included extreme fatigue and weakness, sore joints and muscle pain, freezing/chills, terrible headache, eye pain, bad stomach ache and nausea, insomnia—could not sleep at all Friday night, moderate fever of 101.9.

Saturday morning, headache. Sore arm.

Feel better now. Still arm pain.

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2021 7:40 PM

Got the Pfizer booster back in October and had zero side effects.

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2021 7:41 PM

R59 Wow that sounds horrible! Glad you are feeling better. I’m 39 so same age range. Thanks for responding so quickly!

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2021 8:10 PM

OP here. Two days after my shot all I felt was a sore arm, and it's fine now.

My husband, however, felt like he had the flu, swollen lymph nodes in the arm he got the shot.

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2021 10:17 PM

R53, R50 was speaking in future tense. In June next summer, he will be due for his 4th booster.

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2021 10:46 PM

Arm pain for a day, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2021 11:11 PM

Are antibody tests any good?

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2021 6:54 PM

My arm was a bit sore where I got the shot for about 12 hours. Nothing more than that.

by Anonymousreply 66December 6, 2021 7:24 PM

About 2 days of feeling like I got run over by a bus and dealing with flu like symptoms - shakes, cold, fever, etc.

by Anonymousreply 67December 6, 2021 7:26 PM

R53, wait. They'll keep saying you need them for years and years. The '4th shit' has already started in Israel...

by Anonymousreply 68December 6, 2021 7:34 PM

Ponder this girls: Nigeria has just 14 deaths per million people, while the United States has 2366 deaths.

Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 69December 9, 2021 11:26 PM

I felt honestly that the effects lasted LONGER with the booster.

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2021 11:28 PM

Moderna booster yesterday. Sore arm, body aches, a degree of fever 24 hrs later.

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2021 11:29 PM

Moderna, Tuesday. Hit me like a Mack truck Tuesday. Wednesday KO. Wednesday night - night sweats. Feel better today.

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2021 11:30 PM

Peter Dinklage was on the Colbert show the other day & referred to “Lady Moderna” being a cruel mistress, or some such. I guess his side effects were rather harsh. My sister just got over Covid & I’ll take the side effects from the booster/vax over the disease any day! (And she’s double vaxxed)

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2021 11:32 PM

I also found the 'flu jab to be worse than the booster (which was Pfizer).

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2021 11:43 PM

Pfizer, yesterday. Mild cold symptoms this morning and as day went on, chills, sore arm and aching leg muscles. Probably will be better tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2021 11:47 PM

Pfizer, on 12/6/21. No side effects.

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2021 11:48 PM

r69, Nigeria can barely keep track of its people infected with HIV 40 years after the virus started infecting people. Do you really think their COVID count is accurate?

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2021 11:50 PM

Pfizer booster on Tuesday. The side effects were worse than Moderna # 1, much milder than Moderna # 2, but lasted a day and a half rather than just a day.

I was a little more prepared this time; drank lots of liquids, advil 30 minutes after the shot and Benadryl before bed.

I wanted J&J, but no place convenient was offering it.

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2021 11:54 PM

R69 the average life expectancy in Nigeria is less than 55 so there’s that in addition to R77’s very reasonable comment.

It’s amazing how many diseases you can avoid if you die young enough!

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2021 11:58 PM

ElderLez, why would you have preferred J&J? I must have missed the discussion about that one.

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2021 1:11 AM

It killed me.

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2021 1:24 AM

First and second shots were Moderna. The first shot I had a sore arm for a couple of days and that was it.

The second shot I started getting sick while driving home from getting the shot. At the end of a fifteen minute drive I had chills and was sweating. Tried to sleep but couldn't because I was getting chills randomly. This went on for about three days. Then I was exhausted for another couple of days. I literally couldnt move.

I got the Moderna booster just before Thanksgiving. I immediately got a sore throat and a headache that lasted three days with a fever of a little over 101. Felt better the fourth day.

by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2021 1:24 AM

R82 sounds like my Moderna experience but about 100% stronger. I hope it keeps me protected all winter and next summer they have better options.

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2021 1:27 AM

R83 I'm going for the same thing. Hoping it keeps me protected until something better comes along.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2021 1:34 AM

I’m so sad about Covid19. I was just getting my life back in order and had big plans for myself. I was going to travel after years of staying home and caring for my sweet mom. I was going to take dance lessons, ski on Friday nights, try Pilates, join Meetup groups, try trivia nights at the local pub. But things are closed or restricted and groups just aren’t safe right now. I’m not getting younger and feel like I’m running out of time. It’s just so depressing.

by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2021 3:18 AM

Pfizer for the booster. My balls feel bigger.

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2021 3:21 AM

Moderna booster on 12/3. I barely got a fever the next day. When I got the 2nd jab in April it knocked me on my ass. I had the shits about every 5 minutes and was puking for three days. On the plus side I probably lost 15 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 87December 10, 2021 4:18 AM

OMG, now I'm worried. Felt like crap for at least a couple of days after my shot # 2 (Moderna). I'm getting the booster next Thursday (I don't know which brand I'm getting). Don't have anything scheduled for Friday. I hope my weekend isn't shot (no pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 88December 10, 2021 6:35 AM

I took Pfizer and my mussy is intact

by Anonymousreply 89December 10, 2021 7:05 AM

I am 61 and a bear, likely obese.

But zero reactions to two Moderna shots, and none to its booster weeka ago.

Did have the chills after getting a shingles shot a few months ago. I wish the nurse had warned me about effects, as it caught me by surprise but was okay after no more than a day.

My flu shot caused no issues, either.

by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2021 7:06 AM

*and none to its booster #weeks# ago.

by Anonymousreply 91December 10, 2021 7:07 AM

I had the J&J first. Mild side effects. Very mild. I then had the Moderna booster and felt horrible for about 30 hours. Nausea, very stiff muscles especially around the neck and upper back, just awful. My arm hurt so bad I couldn’t even have a short sleeve soft t-shirt on it. Made me feel like I wanted to die. Then I just started feeling fine with a mildly sore arm.

by Anonymousreply 92December 10, 2021 7:20 AM

R80, I am a big wuss and wanted the fewest side effects. I am very thankful for my Moderna shots, but didn’t want to go through what I went through with shot 2 again. And Pfizer and Moderna are very similar, there is just less vaccine in a Pfizer shot.

Also, independent of the fact that is a booster, J&J provides the most short term protection from a single shot and if I could have gotten it last month it would have been perfect timing for all the semi-risky activities I am about to engage in over the next few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2021 10:20 AM

I feel the same way, R85.

by Anonymousreply 94December 10, 2021 11:31 AM

The Moderna booster is only a half dose. Even with that, I still had a fever that only kicked in 24 hrs later, body aches, & a night sweat until the fever broke. All in all, not terrible.

by Anonymousreply 95December 10, 2021 6:28 PM

R95 reminded me that I also had one night sweat about an hour after I fell asleep

by Anonymousreply 96December 10, 2021 8:49 PM

If someone is reading this who hasn't received the booster yet, choose the arm you don't favor to lie on when you sleep.

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2021 9:05 PM

Anybody else notice there weren't a lot of extreme closeups?

by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2021 9:08 PM

My bad.

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2021 9:11 PM

You meant to post in an And Just Like That thread didn’t you R99?

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2021 9:13 PM

It was that obvious R100.

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2021 9:16 PM

My booster was Moderna and I had a sore arm for about 3 days, but no other side effects.

by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2021 9:47 PM

[quote] If someone is reading this who hasn't received the booster yet, choose the arm you don't favor to lie on when you sleep.

R97, are you left-handed or right-handed? Which arm did you get your shot in?

by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2021 9:52 PM

How many boosters per year do you think we will end up needing when all is said an done?

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2021 10:04 PM

I'm so bloody sick of these anti-vaxxers saying that the vaccine isn't safe and effective! They're saying 1 shot was supposed to be enough so why 2 shots of Pfizer and a booster now? So stupid! Trust the science! Don't they realise it was changed to 2 shots to maximize the effectiveness of the 1st shot?! The booster is to make up for the 2nd shot as its effectiveness wanes within 6 months. I will even get a 4th shot if I have to as that will reinforce the 3rd shot, then get the 5th shot as it makes the 6th shot work, then the 7th shot to boost shots 1 to 6, which allows my 8th shot to prepare the body for the 9th shot to maximize the 10th shot!!

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2021 10:11 PM

R104 they don't know.

It is outrageous that a huge chunk of the world doesn't have access to this vaccine. Its now 10 months? I live in a rich country and have had my 3. My country will buy as many as necessary. Over and over. What if we need 2 vaccines a year for the next ten years. How long before the world has the logistics and recourses in place to vax billions, 2x a year?

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2021 10:14 PM

Got my Pfizer booster on 12/7. The armpit on my shot arm felt like someone punched it on the second day. Injection site and lymph nodes still sore today, but not as bad.

by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2021 10:22 PM

R105 Anti vaxxers are boring as fuck. Don't take the vaccine if you don't want it, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 108December 10, 2021 10:27 PM

Aussie here - had my Pfizer booster a few weeks ago and like the second shot, had a sore arm and sore lymph nodes. Knocked me around for a few days after, too. Very fatigued, light-headed and set my bigemini off big time.

by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2021 11:48 PM

I got my Moderna booster yesterday. My joints got a little creaky within an hour and my arm is a little sore. And that's all!

I had chills and joint pain after the first shot and a flu-like reaction to the second, with a 101 fever for two and a half days and convulsion-like chills, as well as body pain. I slept a lot after both. I'm surprised the response to this one so far is so mild. I have had some kind of cold over the past four days that made me sleep a lot, so I'm guessing that somehow affected my body's response.

by Anonymousreply 110December 12, 2021 10:01 AM

LOL R105! R108's such an idiot he didn't realize you were being sarcastic.

Back in June Lil' Annie Fauci was saying (when the US was 50% vaccinated) that 'we won't see surges like we did in the past'.

by Anonymousreply 111December 15, 2021 6:31 AM

I keep hearing that the vaccine is safe and effective, but I think we must have different definitions of "effective". If the vaccine was effective there shouldn't need to be any fear of the unvaccinated. Nor should there be a lifelong booster program.

by Anonymousreply 112December 15, 2021 6:38 AM

Moderna. No side effects. None with the first two shots, either.

by Anonymousreply 113December 15, 2021 6:42 AM

[quote]If the vaccine was effective there shouldn't need to be any fear of the unvaccinated. Nor should there be a lifelong booster program.

You really need to stop getting your information about the vaccine from your aunt's Facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 114December 15, 2021 6:46 AM

R110 here checking in. My shot was Saturday; today is Wednesday. *Very* mild arm pain at the site of the shot was the only side effect this time, plus the briefly creaky joina. Absolutely nothing else. The pharmacist noted that the Moderna booster is half the dose of the first two shots, but I still expected a much more adverse reaction based on the first and especially the second one.

So glad I was able to get this over with. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the pandemic finally fading away over the coming 6-12 months.

I've always supported people's rights to die, and people who choose to die or risk permanent cardiovascular and lung scarring rather than getting a vaccination fall into that category at this point.

The only big complicating factors for getting back to life at this point are people with compromised immunity who can't get the vaccinations. They are in a terrible position.

Healthy people who choose to play "COVID roulette," though—OK, go right ahead. I don't think they need to be shamed any longer for being foolish, but I do think we need a system in hospitals to de-prioritize saving them if they end up competing for needed resources, and I also think insurance companies should consider financially penalizing them and not fully covering preventable longterm physical damage—for example, if they develop severe lung scarring or vascular damage because they actively chose to become infected with the coronavirus rather than being vaccinated, I don't think a third party should be financially liable for their bills.

by Anonymousreply 115December 15, 2021 6:58 AM

I'm a lib dem and had the shot. I instantly caught the bad AIDS and cancer of the nail art. My tits done fell off and flames came outta my cunt worse than what happened when daddy done fucked me, at the age of one day and two minutes. Mah herpes spread to my nipples and my goiter grew eyes on a stalk. I started dancin' the tarantella. Badly. Finally I ran down the street stark naked screamin' I NEED TO GET FUCKED RIGHT NOW! Currently I am spoonin' olive oil cake into plastic bags and fondlin' my pussies (grew two more). Whatever y'all do, speakin' as a lib dem gayer cocksucker man with a penis, do not get the booster.

by Anonymousreply 116December 15, 2021 4:28 PM

I got a nasty rash when I got my booster last week (Moderna) and mild side effects (mostly headache and fatigue). I'm looking forward to being able to go out and get my own groceries again. COVID has been skyrocketing in town since September and I had my 2nd shot in April so I wasn't going out much.

by Anonymousreply 117December 15, 2021 4:33 PM

No. Just a sore arm. But even that wasn't bad. So relieved to get that third shot.

by Anonymousreply 118December 15, 2021 4:46 PM

Got my booster yesterday. Woke up in the wee hours to a low grade fever and body aches. Couldn't get back to sleep. I made it thru the work day and am now very happy to be home and lying down. Hoping I'll be back to normal, such as it is, tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 119December 15, 2021 10:35 PM

Oh, and I had Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 120December 15, 2021 10:37 PM

I got my Moderna booster Saturday.

Sunday I felt drab and gross all day, and at night I felt very achy, but no fever. My arm hurt like hell too. Slept a lot.

Woke up Monday like nothing happened, I was fine.

It was a slightly stronger reaction than I had to my 2nd dose.

by Anonymousreply 121December 15, 2021 10:38 PM

R114, why did you get the booster if the original vaccine was 95% effective as the CDC said it would be? The person you thought you mocked, got his news from MSNBC, CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.

by Anonymousreply 122December 16, 2021 1:34 AM

Got 2 shots of Moderna, the Pfizer booster and aside from injection site soreness, zero side effects. I started feeling sick this Monday and was diagnosed with Covid, they think it’s Omicron. If these are the mild symptoms, I’m glad I got jabbed. This sucks. The headache alone makes me want to jump off a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 123December 16, 2021 1:01 PM

R122 must be a troll. Booster shots are BOOSTER shots for when the original vaccination loses its punch.

by Anonymousreply 124December 16, 2021 10:35 PM

Had no taste, no appetite and felt nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 125December 16, 2021 10:39 PM

R124 must be clueless. Back in June, Fauci said the vaccine would be 95% effective and we wouldn't see a surge again. The original vaccines WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO 'LOSE' their "punch".

And now it turns out that indeed, natural immunity lasts FAR longer than the vaccines.

"Conclusions: SARS-CoV-2 infection is highly protective against reinfection with the Delta variant. Immunity from prior infection lasts for at least 13 months. Countries facing vaccine shortages should consider delaying vaccinations for previously infected patients to increase access. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 17, 2021 3:57 AM

R126 That's not true. Fauci is a research director and people in his position—scientists—as well as public health professionals don't make promises like that.

I don't like when individuals like Fauci or anyone else is lionized singularly as a hero generally since it's a huge collective effort globally, but it's totally disingenuous to claim that he or any other scientist has made grand promises of the sort you suggest. They don't do it.

He never promised that the shots would eradicate the virus and we would all live happily ever after. He never promised that the shots would be one and done. To the contrary, broadcasters ask questions like that and formulate misleading headlines, but scientists and public health professional carefully qualify everything so as not to make unrealistic promises. They don't say "it'll be gone by fall" or "once everyone is vaccinated, the virus will be behind us." They say we aren't sure, we can't predict, but we can look at trends and at what we know from history, and there's reason to believe that we can reduce the numbers of deaths and it is possible that if enough people are vaccinated, we could get back to some semblance of 'normal' life, even if that means continuing to wear masks for an undesignated period of time...yada yada.

If you are getting the message that Fauci or anyone else is making bold promises, then you're probably reading headlines and not actually listening to interviews or reading in-depth coverage. Emerging viral epidemics/pandemics are full of unknowns and scientists are not unrealistic about that. They always take a cautious/conservative approach to predicting what might come of them, for both better and for worse. TV reporters and commentators and news headline writers usually do the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 127December 17, 2021 7:24 AM

R126 etc., I was hearing about the potential need for boosters even before the vaccines were available. When I was growing up we had "boosters" for the various vaccines (tetanus, etc.). We get a flu shot every year. Booster shots are normal. Don't spread the falsehood that the original inoculations were promised to last forever, along with your bullshit about "natural immunity being better than vaccines."

by Anonymousreply 128December 17, 2021 2:10 PM

Even as an adult people should be getting tetanus boosters every 10 years. And a couple of years ago I had to get an MMR booster for work since even that wears off after a certain number of decades. It’s amazing how the trolls think everyone was raised in caves by wolves like they were.

Meanwhile here I am on the LIRR and the covidiots are all unmasked. I asked the conductor if he planned to enforced the mask mandate and he said they were specifically instructed not to engage with people just make announcements.

by Anonymousreply 129December 17, 2021 3:20 PM

I had an erection that lasts five hours.

by Anonymousreply 130December 17, 2021 3:55 PM

R130 Love to help you with that. What's your address? 😳

by Anonymousreply 131December 17, 2021 10:43 PM

You can’t put toothpaste back in the tube.

by Anonymousreply 132December 18, 2021 1:45 AM

R128, read the study. It's not bullshit. Natural immunity protects one for 13 months according to the study.

Having said that, perhaps Fauci didn't literally guarantee we'd have 95% protection, but it was strongly implied, and repeated in the media.

by Anonymousreply 133December 19, 2021 2:47 AM

At most it’ll be a 72 hour flu. Drink water, take Tylenol. After 72 hours you’ll feel great.

by Anonymousreply 134December 19, 2021 2:57 AM

[quote]If the vaccine was effective there shouldn't need to be any fear of the unvaccinated

Those of us who are vaccinated don't 'fear' the unvaxxed, freeper cunt fuck R112. In fact, we can't wait for you to die.

by Anonymousreply 135December 19, 2021 2:57 PM

Simple solution:

Insurance should not cover COVID treatment for those who choose to be unvaccinated.

Unvaccinated COVID patients should not be hospitalized if that hospitalization interferes with the treatments of other patients.

It's time to let natural selection do its job.

by Anonymousreply 136December 20, 2021 2:12 AM

We should exclude the obese from insurance then too, willfilly stuffing their disgusting faces with food and leaving their health for other people to worry about. Same with bug chasers. Everyone with HIV should be vetted and if they didn't do enough to prevent turning POZ they shouldn't be allowed to use the insurance they pay for in order to treat their illnesses. What a great idea!

by Anonymousreply 137December 20, 2021 5:20 PM

I had my booster shot last week, Moderna. All my 3 shots were Moderna. I felt horrible for a few days after # 2. Shot # 3 wasn't as bad. Lost about one full day of work.

I did take Excedrin Migraine in advance. I live near an airport and there are a fair amount of tourists and people in general, traveling.

by Anonymousreply 138December 20, 2021 5:24 PM

I am really amazed my third Moderna shot only gave me a bruiselike soreness at the injection site for three days. The prior two caused all kinds of upsetting symptoms.

The pharmacist did tell me the Moderna booster is half the dose of the first two shots, so I suppose that is why.

I have immune system issues and I'm really grateful I've evaded the infection so far (as far as I know).

by Anonymousreply 139December 20, 2021 5:28 PM

Yes, R139, the nurse told me the Moderna booster was a half-dose.

by Anonymousreply 140December 20, 2021 5:41 PM

Good News from Moderna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 20, 2021 11:44 PM

I had two Pfizers and only felt arm pain for a few days. Then I got the Moderna booster and had a full day and a half of body aches and fatigue.

by Anonymousreply 142December 21, 2021 12:25 AM

The Moderna's just letting us know how it'll kick covid's ass.

by Anonymousreply 143December 21, 2021 12:41 AM

I got my Pfizer booster yesterday evening at 5:30 and am having a worse reaction than I did to the other 2. Anyone else get this? I felt fairly okay until early this afternoon, then started with fever of 101.1 and bad chills, bad joint pain. I even took an at-home Covid test to check but it was negative. I did have a massage this morning, so I don't know if that had any effect. I feel like hell, I didn't even feel this bad when I got Covid in early 2020.

One thing different was the first shot I barely felt it, minor arm pain. The second I felt a pinch but not terrible. This time when she put it in my arm I felt burning and a lot of pain, I don't know if she did it wrong. The other 2 were so quick, and it felt like she was unloading like 5 syringes into my arm. I feel like death right now. I've been masking up everywhere so I doubt I got the flu, I was trying to isolate for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 144December 25, 2021 3:52 AM

I had a bad reaction to my Pfizer booster too R144. I felt as if I had the flu for close to four full days. Rest, stay hydrated and know that this too will pass.

by Anonymousreply 145December 25, 2021 3:55 AM

Good 4 y’a Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 146December 25, 2021 3:56 AM

r145 Thanks, so I'm not alone. I got it at Walgreens where I pick up my prescriptions, and the woman who gave me my shot may not have liked me much on account of my doctor sent in a prescription for a specific name brand medication and she gave me the one my doctor told me not to use as it's less effective. So I had to get it switched out and I think she was annoyed with me. This happened the day before she gave me the shot.

by Anonymousreply 147December 25, 2021 4:00 AM

If the injection site is bothering you R147, put some ice or a cool, washcloth on it. Ibuprofen would help too. I hope that you have a restful night and that you feel better in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 148December 25, 2021 4:08 AM

We'll probably need a shot every six months.

by Anonymousreply 149December 25, 2021 4:08 AM

That’s what I’m thinking too R149. As bad as the reaction to the booster was for me, I won’t think twice about getting another one if recommended.

by Anonymousreply 150December 25, 2021 4:15 AM

You might R145, but most of the country will move on.

by Anonymousreply 151December 26, 2021 11:31 PM

I am feeling better, no more fever. But I wonder why this shot was so much worse than my first two?

by Anonymousreply 152December 27, 2021 1:13 AM

received moderna booster. very sore arm and fatigue. no other symptoms. grateful for the added protection against the virus

by Anonymousreply 153December 29, 2021 11:43 PM

r153 here, overwhelming fatigued after the shot. very drained, mild headache

by Anonymousreply 154December 30, 2021 9:21 AM

I just got my booster. I chose Moderna. I was double vaxxed wirh Pfizer. I figured mixing will give better effect.

by Anonymousreply 155December 30, 2021 9:24 AM

moderna is supposed to provide the best protection against the virus

by Anonymousreply 156December 30, 2021 9:28 AM

I got my Moderna booster shot on November 5. 2 weeks later my rash return-- a delayed reaction. This also happened after my first and 2nd shot of Moderna- got a delayed reaction with a rash and itchiness. I was expecting the worse but it wasn't bad enough to get steroids like last time. I realize I have become more sensitive to certain things and discontinued the lotion I usually use. I switched to Aquaphor healing lotion and no problems since.

by Anonymousreply 157December 30, 2021 9:39 AM

Fibromyalgia

by Anonymousreply 158December 30, 2021 9:53 AM

I received my booster (Pfizer) on December 3rd. The next morning I felt like I was hit by a Mack truck: feverish, achy, fatigued. I felt like hell for about 24 hours after the vaccination but the flu-like-symptoms were short lived.

Totally Worth It

by Anonymousreply 159December 30, 2021 10:01 AM

All 3 of my modern shots were the "Mack Truck" experience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160December 30, 2021 1:15 PM

My brother just got his booster shot. The next day, he felt ill and found out later he had Omicron. He has a bad cough and feeling weak but is getting better. Thank goodness he is vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 161December 31, 2021 12:55 AM

R156, yeah. That's what they said 7 months ago.

by Anonymousreply 162December 31, 2021 6:56 PM

I lost my sense of taste after being boosted. Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 163December 31, 2021 7:07 PM

It's going to be interesting to see what unfolds from these vaccines over the next 5-10 years.

by Anonymousreply 164December 31, 2021 7:18 PM

R144, your symptoms sound similar to mine. I had the Pfizer booster just before Christmas. I was sick for three days. Ached all over and had shaking chills, nausea, dizziness, and weakness so profound I was unable to stand. That’s never happened to me outside of an inpatient hospital stay. I still don’t feel back to 100 percent more than a week later.

Unlike my previous two shots I had a huge red welt at the injection site on my left arm followed by itching. I don’t want to go through another round of boosters like this again anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 165December 31, 2021 7:30 PM

I'm not interested in reading or hearing procovid conspiracy theories. Your orange god admits to being vaccinated and credits himself with operation warp speed.

by Anonymousreply 166December 31, 2021 8:01 PM

Is anyone else having slight palpitations? I have had this effect with all three Pfizers (strongest with the first vaccine—thought I was dying). It’s a really gross and uncomfortable feeling, like my heart is working too hard. I had ECGs for the same side after each of the previous shots, and the hospital docs told me I was fine, so idk what that is.

Also, my hands and feet are freezing cold, but not turning blue or anything, and the vessels are stood out on them. I’ve stumbled/tripped a few times with what feels like dizziness & foot drop, and my chest & throat are flu-y. And I have red, blotchy and very itchy skin in places, though I’m healing from B12-deficiency and neuropathy so I think it could just be that.

If it helps to know, I’m youngish (29), with a good diet and in otherwise ok health (except for the neuropathy thing, which I suspect the first vaccine helped trigger..).

by Anonymousreply 167December 31, 2021 8:50 PM

You need full bloodwork tests done which your primary care physician authorize for you r167.

by Anonymousreply 168January 1, 2022 2:00 AM

Just some minor arm pain for the day and a bit the next.

by Anonymousreply 169January 1, 2022 2:29 AM

Moderna booster. Arm pain for 4 days, followed by a day of itchy arm. No other side effects. I have to say, pain is better than itch.

by Anonymousreply 170January 1, 2022 5:40 AM

R168 ok thanks, I’ll get on that. Sounds kind of serious...:/

Does the general advice about waiting 2 or 3 weeks before getting bloodwork after a vaccine still hold, or is time of the essence here?

by Anonymousreply 171January 1, 2022 11:23 AM

If you are having palpitations or symptoms, you should call or see your doctor, not wait 2 weeks. Palpitations can be caused by low potassium levels (which is life-threatening), low blood count or thyroid problems, etc.

by Anonymousreply 172January 1, 2022 11:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!