Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lee Radziwill London Home for Sale

Is this in a good area? I rather like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348December 31, 2021 11:20 PM

Delicious 😋!

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2021 6:27 PM

What a talentless cunty wanna be she was.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2021 6:34 PM

I see it's just the way I left it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2021 6:36 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2021 6:37 PM

RIP Herb Ross

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2021 6:41 PM

Why is there so much kids' stuff in this room?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2021 6:41 PM

R3 One gets vertigo just looking at the chintzy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2021 6:47 PM

Is this in a good area? it's like 3 blocks from Buckingham Palace in some of the priciest real estate on earth. Yeah, it's a good neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2021 6:49 PM

Perfect for Archie and Lillibet to move into once they're of age (after they're deprogrammed, that is)!

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2021 7:02 PM

I rather don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2021 7:32 PM

Lee never forgave Jackie for "stealing" Onassis. Jackie never forgave her for fucking JFK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2021 7:44 PM

Good neighborhood, just a whiff away from scads of tourists but that's just the way it is there.

Freehold with no ground rent, and a lift so that's all a plus.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2021 7:46 PM

Ari fucked Lee too? My goodness. Sister woman got around. Oh yes she did.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2021 7:48 PM

The Radziwills moved out almost 50 years ago. Was this their Camelot?

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote] Jackie never forgave her for fucking JFK.

Well, to be fair, didn’t JFK fuck anything that had a vag, a pulse and moved? I heard though, because his back was so bad, he’d just lay face up while the broads mounted his man meat and did all the work. The midget queen Truman told me that.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2021 7:52 PM

No thanks. Tiny rooms, ghastly stairs, bad flow, kitchen needs complete redo.

And what's with the fucking bed in the middle of the room facing the huge windows? Was she a wannabe exhibitionist as well as a general wannabe?

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2021 8:00 PM

This place has been completely re-done recently and has almost virtually nothing left from the famous owner. "Tiny rooms, ghastly stairs, bad flow" Shit, that describes 99.99% of the residences in London.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2021 8:06 PM

When can I move in?

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2021 9:24 PM

If it weren't for all of the comments of you tasteless cunts, this could be the ultimate tasteful friends thread.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2021 9:29 PM

"Princess" Lee, it all comes back, and it's all so EMBARRASSING.

(I just remembered....I watched her in "Laura" on tv. Didn't she also do "The Philadelphia Story," or am I making that up? It's all SO embarrassing.)

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2021 9:34 PM

When the curtain was raised on the first night of the run of "The Philadelphia Story", Lee found herself frozen with fear. “I remember so well,” she recalled. “The first scene opened with Tracy Lord trying to write a letter. I could not move [my hand] to the end of the paper. I was totally paralyzed.” Though she looked beautiful in Saint Laurent’s dresses—the audience oohed and aahed after each costume change—she failed to command the stage. She explained to Hollywood columnist Dorothy Manners, “It is difficult for someone raised in my world to learn to express emotion. We are taught early to hide our feelings publicly.” The reviews were mostly bad (LEE LAYS GOLDEN EGG) with a few encouraging notes thrown in (MISS BOUVIER’S BRAVADO SHINES), yet the audience loved it and left the theater raving about her couture.

“I got terrible reviews,” Lee recalled with a small smile, “but I really believe they were written before the play opened.”

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2021 9:39 PM

Anything green looks startling. Chromophobic. A bit grim. The English starve their eyes. I blame Henry VIII.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2021 9:51 PM

Jackie and Lee in front of the home. This was when the Queen initially vetoed a dinner invite to the Radio wills when the Kennedy's were being feted at BP. Jackie intervened, effectively demanding that her sister and BIL be included.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2021 11:04 PM

Such a gifted “decorator” she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2021 11:11 PM

Princess Lee- Not A Pretty Woman

Such was the case at the London premiere of Steel Magnolias. The star-studded event included a meet-and-greet with the London-based guests of honor: Princess Diana and Prince Charles.“Lee balked at the seating arrangement, which had the film’s principals in the front row with spouses in the second,” . “This was unacceptable for Lee 
 so she immediately took one of the seats in the front row, between her husband and Prince Charles. Lee had actually stolen Julia Roberts’s assigned place, and the film industry representatives were livid.” Making the situation all the more uncomfortable, Julia whispered to Lee that she’d sat in the wrong spot, and Lee ignored her. The end result? Princess Diana and Prince Charles actually had to move, while Olympia Dukakis and “a now tearful Julia Roberts” were forced to find other seats.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2021 11:19 PM

Well, what the fuck else did she have to do in her sorry life other than swipe better seats at events?

Kind of a pathetic woman. Though well groomed.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2021 11:22 PM

Cuntress Radziwill burn in HELL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2021 11:23 PM

"The first row is reserved for the princesses."

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2021 11:27 PM

She married poorly and wound up poor.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2021 11:34 PM

How many of her husbands were fags?

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2021 11:35 PM

Prince StanisƂaw Albrecht RadziwiƂƂ is NOT a fag!

And I’m the dame who can prove it.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2021 11:42 PM

Does the house still smell of cigarettes and bitterness? It was her signature scent.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2021 12:10 AM

When the Kennedy's visited England and invited to a dinner in their honor at Buckingham Palace, Jackie moved heaven and earth to get Lee invited also. Supposedly, it was Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother who pressured her daughter, Elizabeth II to keep Lee away from the event. Officially, the reason was because Prince Radziwill's title was not officially recognized by the UK government, but the Queen Mother regarded Lee as only one step above a whore and she also knew of gossip surrounding Prince Radziwill's dodgy business deals.

Poor Lee. So near to Buckingham Palace, she was yet so far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2021 12:12 AM

I’d buy it if there was a Nando’s across the street.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2021 12:18 AM

R33 It was actually because the little trollop was a divorcee. Pass the gin.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2021 1:03 AM

R30 Lee's first husband Michael Canfield was in the words of her own mother " A Fairy". Lee was able to get the marriage annulled by having Jackie tell the Pope they never had "carnal knowledge". Her second husband Herb Ross was a know poof. When Jackie was asked " Is he still gay? She replied "As far as we know." Prince Radziwill was hetero as far as we know. Lee was a huge fag hag. Capote, Nureyev, Vidal at one time were all here walkers. Of course she turned on them all dismissing them as just " silly little fags." She really was a despicable harridan.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2021 1:11 AM

It's not to my taste. I see not a speck of Royal Doulton or periwinkle blue.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote] It was actually because the little trollop was a divorcee. Pass the gin.

Lee also knew Wallis and David Windsor slightly and often attempted to ingratiate herself with Wallis. That alone would have made Lee an enemy in Cookie's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2021 1:57 AM

That's hilarious that she lived 3 blocks from Buckingham Palace, was the sister of the First Lady of the United States of America, and was a "princess" of sorts herself - yet the palace still didn't want her to darken their doorstep.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2021 1:59 AM

For our San Francisco friends
.. didn’t she either marry or was engaged to the owner of the Huntington Hotel on Nob Hill? I seem to remember all the elder gays hissing about that many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2021 2:00 AM

Notably cheap-looking staging for such an expensive place!

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2021 2:02 AM

Newton Steers, R40.

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2021 2:19 AM

Sorry, I was wrong above. Newton Steers was the husband of Jackie and Lee's step sister, Nini Auchincloss. Newton COPE is the guy from SF. Jackie fucked up the impending nuptials by demanding that Lee not say "I do" until Cope presented a contract guaranteeing a substantial monthly allowance and down payment on the marriage. Cope ultimately said I DON'T! "

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2021 2:25 AM

R40 His name was Newton Cope. He apparently was really in love with her. But she demanded a prenup. It had to include $10,000 a month( 1974 dollars) maintenance fee for the Princess. He balked. He counter offered 5K a month. Jackie told Lee no prenup no marriage. Lee claimed she didn't care but the brides people were negotiating with the grooms people right up untill a few hours before the wedding ceremony. Jackie was appalled Cope was trying to haggle about the price of her dear little sis. Jackie in a rage said tell him it's now 20K a month. Despite the wedding guesta already assembling Cope could not cope with these mercenary bitches. He became a runaway groom. The loving couple went on the honeymoon anyway. Why not said Lee "its paid for."

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2021 3:04 AM

I'm Princess Lee Notzowell and I'm worth $1.98 on the open market.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2021 3:25 AM

Shepherd’s Bush?

Holland Park!

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2021 3:55 AM

What was Lee's net worth at the end of her life?

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2021 4:04 AM

Well, if her muff was worth $5,000 a month in 1974, then you depreciate for wear and tear - -

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2021 4:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2021 4:11 AM

Those Whitneys Auchinclosses and Steers men have amazing cocks. Too bad KsiÄ™ĆŒniczka Lee didn't snag one for herself.

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2021 4:18 AM

[R19], are you aware wh. site you're posting your flap snot and dribble piss on? I should think your social GPS needs to go to the shop, sweetheart. STAT.

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2021 5:20 AM

Ari fucked Lee too? My goodness. Sister woman got around. Oh yes she did.

that news is 60 years old hun

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2021 5:38 AM

Her son Anthony was John-John's best friend. They were like brothers.They died a few weeks apart, What about her daughter? Doesn't she work in media? Apparently Jackie raised her kids while Mummy Lee was out fucking the Rolling Stones and Peter Beard.This just screams Mommie Dearest tell all book. Daughter better get cracking before the market for this old whore croaks.

by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2021 2:25 PM

It's gorgeous but I'm shocked that those stairs didn't kill her decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2021 2:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2021 5:18 PM

Read that Princess Lee could not handle the prolonged illness and death of her son Anthony. She hid until he kicked. There are zero accounts of her having any parenting skills. Another failed comparison to sis "good mummy" Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2021 5:57 PM

R55 She got the $. Which means no book on the Princess

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2021 5:59 PM

The house feels like it’s 60% pot lights now. It’s like it was renovated for the most boring family in Chiswick.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2021 6:30 PM

How exciting it must have been to receive a Telegram! in those days.

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2021 6:41 PM

Sat at a table next to Lee Radizwill on Thanksgiving Day 1998 at Maya’s Restaurant on St. Barts. She was with Hamilton South and Jeffrey Bilhuber and all three of them were drinking like fish and drawing a lot of attention to themselves with very queeny “hey girl!” behavior and loud, gossipy conversation.

Lee was smoking and would gesticulate wildly with whichever hand she happened to be holding her cigarette. It was almost like the behavior of a coke head although I’d never heard any drug rumors about her. However, she was in a very manic mode.

They were nice to the wait staff and not being bitchy, but the whole “oh my god darling, fabulous!!!!” schtick got tiresome really quickly and you could tell everyone else was perfectly happy to see them leave.

by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2021 6:44 PM

R60, would love to hear more of your Lee R. stories. Feel free to share on this thread! Would be much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2021 7:13 PM

R60 Wasn't she a known alcoholic? Read that Jackie took her to her first AA meeting in the 80's. Waited for her in the limo because she didn't want to hear Lee say ' My name is Princess and I'm an alcoholic because of MY FUCKIN SISTA!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2021 10:53 PM

When you think about the fortunes Jackie and Lee accumulated by sponging off wealthy men for capital and investment of that capital, you can appreciate the mercenary skill and tenacity they employed to pull it off. They were grifters of the highest degree. Fortune hunters of the first magnitude. And the men knew it, and they aided them. Interesting.

I imagine this scenario: Jackie having a drink with Teddy, Bobby, Jack and Old Joe. Bobby pointedly asks Jackie "Would you have married Jack if the Kennedys didn't have the money?" Without hesitation, Jackie throws her head back in laughter, and then shakes her head saying "Nooooooo" in that babykins voice of hers. And the men ate that shit up! They loved it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote] I imagine this scenario: Jackie having a drink with Teddy, Bobby, Jack and Old Joe. Bobby pointedly asks Jackie "Would you have married Jack if the Kennedys didn't have the money?" Without hesitation, Jackie throws her head back in laughter, and then shakes her head saying "Nooooooo" in that babykins voice of hers. And the men ate that shit up! They loved it!

IMO, Jackie may have admitted this, but not to her damn father-in-law and brothers-in-law. No way would they have thought that was funny.

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2021 12:10 AM

I clicked on this thread in hopes it went straight from "Tasteful Friends" Real Estate to dish about Lee . . . and DL did not disappoint!

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2021 12:13 AM

Another Princess Lee sighting was the time I sat right next to her and André Leon Talley at GREY GARDENS THE MUSICAL at Playwrights Horizons in 2006 before the show moved to Broadway.

She seemed amused by the portrayal of her adolescent self in the first act and laughed a few times. But then she whispered something to André and they abruptly left right after the second act began. My boyfriend and I have always wondered if she was somehow offended or simply bored.

To those that haven’t seen the show, the first act has scenes from the early 1940s with Jackie and Lee as children visiting Big Edie and Little Edie. Then the second act is set in the 1970s after the house had fallen into squalor and the Beales were being filmed by the Maysles brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2021 12:19 AM

Well, R64, maybe Old Joe wouldn't have liked Jackie to blatantly admit it, but on the other hand he did pay her millions in a straight-up business deal to stay with JFK when she finally had enough of the philandering and was on the verge of walking.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2021 12:22 AM

R3 those are beautiful. What the fuck went wrong?

The place as posted by the OP is awful, not just disappointingly bland, much of it is actively ugly. It looks lovely from outside, but inside it looks like shit. The are a few period details left like the fireplace in the dining room in pics 5 and 6, but it appears to have drop ceilings with can lights everywhere, and as R16 says the kitchen has gotta go too.... along with all the cheap staged furniture and those hideous stairs and almost everything else. Basically its a gut reno/ restore.

R58 describes it perfectly, " renovated for the most boring family in Chiswick" And boring is as boring does, although this is worse than just boring

It is a great area though. I'd hope there's a Nandos or at least something across the road cos you're gonna be down a kitchen for a while at some stage.

It could probably end up looking wonderful after a heap of money and time though

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2021 12:43 AM

[quote]you can appreciate the mercenary skill and tenacity they employed to pull it off. They were grifters of the highest degree. Fortune hunters of the first magnitude.

Appreciated!

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2021 12:44 AM

Jackie and Lee seem like they would have been frenemies. They remind me of the Kardashians or the Hiltons, fucking the same men, etc. The mothers set the tone, though.

by Anonymousreply 70December 5, 2021 12:49 AM

Mummy Janet set the tone indeed. She inculcated in both her daughters that they must marry for money & power. Love was irrelevant. If they defied her they would end up like their impoverished cousin Little Edie. In fact when Jackie saw Grey Gardens she was quoted as saying 'That could have been me."

by Anonymousreply 71December 5, 2021 2:55 AM

Lee may not have made it to First Lady but she got her 15 minutes of Mad magazine fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 5, 2021 2:57 AM

R66 It was Lee's idea to make a film of her "eccentric" destitute cousins Big Edie and Little Edie Beale. She actually hired the Maysles to exploit her own family. When she showed the dailies to her sister Jackie went ballistic. Lee was forced to disown her project . Of course the Maysles kept the footage found another producer and the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 73December 5, 2021 3:04 AM

Traces of Peter Beard's DNA can still be found here and there.

by Anonymousreply 74December 5, 2021 3:27 AM

Lee's footage was released a few years ago. I'm too lazy to google the title. Its not as if we haven't rehashed this topic elebentytwillion times on DL.

by Anonymousreply 75December 5, 2021 4:03 AM

I detest when someone buys and period home and guts it to install incongruous modern interiors.

by Anonymousreply 76December 5, 2021 4:44 AM

Why is the clock on the kitchen counter so huge? The room isn't so big that it couldn't be seen if it were a normal size. And wouldn't it be better hanging on the wall instead of taking up valuable counter space?

by Anonymousreply 77December 5, 2021 5:02 AM

The house is dreadful: every window overlooked, so you can't open a blind, and a staircase with one of those fucking ridiculous glass pane banisters that are designed to break old biddies' hips. Radziwill was a classic case of a puddle-deep nasty piece of work who was sucked up to by fools and people who should have known better.

by Anonymousreply 78December 5, 2021 5:05 AM

The whores in training:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 5, 2021 5:09 AM

I love it.

It looks a bit like Patsy's house in Ab Fab.

by Anonymousreply 80December 5, 2021 7:33 AM

I waited on Lee once at a luncheon at Santiago Calatrava's Park Ave double townhouse. She was lovely and immaculately put together with her deep lifelong smoker's voice. Next to her was Soon Yi Previn Allen, also friendly and very nice.

Calatrava's wife runs everything, she's a very grande and upscale Spanish women named Robertina Calatrava "Robertita" and she is not one to be messed with.

by Anonymousreply 81December 5, 2021 8:14 AM

Was the rumor ever confirmed that Lee died alone and bled out before her body was discovered?

by Anonymousreply 82December 5, 2021 8:22 AM

How fucking sad is that over-expensive house with 7 bedrooms but only a tiny courtyard for a garden.

by Anonymousreply 83December 5, 2021 8:36 AM

[quote]I detest when someone buys a period home and guts it to install incongruous modern interiors.

R76 exactly - thats what I meant with my post although you managed to put it alot more eloquent

This is a place where I'd love to see the before pics so I could see how much work would be needed to put it back

by Anonymousreply 84December 5, 2021 9:05 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 85December 5, 2021 9:06 AM

Surprised she even had $50M to leave. Was the “Polish Prince” that rich? She seemed like a wild spender.

by Anonymousreply 86December 5, 2021 10:43 AM

Hey, even though she was a notorious fag hag (even married a few) at least she had the good sense to have sex with Peter Beard!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 5, 2021 10:46 AM

I don’t understand why someone with money would by this. As r78 says, every window is overlooked. You ll have to have the blinds down all the time for any privacy.

by Anonymousreply 88December 5, 2021 11:41 AM

I have seen homes like this in London and they are not as spacious at the pictures project. True, this old home seems to have been gutted, but you still have four or maybe five floors of space. Because the houses sit right next to each other, they are long and thin rooms stacked on top of each other. Stairs have always been a horror in these homes. If there is no modern elevator to get from the first floor to the top floor, you will lead a life of climbing endless stairs as the kitchen, bedroom and living spaces are all on different floors!

by Anonymousreply 89December 5, 2021 12:22 PM

What about parking?

by Anonymousreply 90December 5, 2021 12:50 PM

[quote]The Radziwills moved out almost 50 years ago. Was this their Camelot?

No. The marital home as I recall was in Belgravia.

by Anonymousreply 91December 5, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote] What about parking?

LOL! In central London? Are you kidding? No, these homes have no garage. You need to rent space for your car in a garage, which costs a lot. Or, take the tube or taxi like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 92December 5, 2021 1:01 PM

No parking? Yikes. Is it at least close to a Costco?

by Anonymousreply 93December 5, 2021 1:12 PM

Mea culpa. This WAS the marital home. However it was owned by the Radzwills only between the 60s and 70s. In other words, Her Serene Cuntess had nothing to do with it for half a century since, and it certainly has been internally rebuilt. That OTT queen Renzo Mongiardino was the original decorator. Here's the story of his interior:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2021 1:16 PM

[quote] No parking? Yikes. Is it at least close to a Costco?

Yes dear. The nearest Costco is in Chingford, about 20 miles away.

by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2021 1:21 PM

R94 thanks for that. You get a good idea of what it used to look like, I wonder what the rest was like? If it was as amazing as this I'd want to take the whole place back to how it was when those pictures were shot. I wonder if anyone thought to document the whole place before the awful gut reno its had recently, but ideally after Renzo Mongiardino had just finished doing his magic

by Anonymousreply 96December 5, 2021 1:59 PM

I don't understand why, since Britons love gardens and gardening and greenery so deeply, that the costliest neighborhoods like Belgravia seem devoid of any greenery whatsoever. Just rows and rows of buildings, like a billion dollar tenement slum. The only greenery seen is in the public parks. Yet in expensive neighborhoods in the U.S., you can't even see the houses, there is so much greenery.

by Anonymousreply 97December 5, 2021 2:34 PM

You type but seem to be a high functioning idiot. Tell us all about the greenery hiding the real estate in the most expensive downtown neighborhoods of dense American cities. For crissakes!

by Anonymousreply 98December 5, 2021 2:39 PM

When Lee gave birth to daughter Tina in NYC in 1960, Tina required hospital care for a number of weeks.

Stash Radziwill decided his wife would recuperate better after a difficult birth at their home in London, so they left their newborn daughter in NYC and flew home, not reuniting with Tina for weeks when she was flown to London with a nurse.

What mother of a newborn with health issues would agree to that?

by Anonymousreply 99December 5, 2021 2:40 PM

Hi, R99.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2021 2:44 PM

Great story r66, and I half suspect she left once she realized she wasn't in the play anymore.

by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2021 2:46 PM

R97, Belgravia is designed around garden squares, starting in the 1820s, as town homes for the aristocracy and landed gentry, who also had homes in the country. Many of them came to London for a few weeks during the Season and then sporadically outside of it. They didn't come to London for the outdoors.

by Anonymousreply 102December 5, 2021 2:48 PM

While agreeing with R98, there's something profoundly 'off' about Belgravia. Except near the shopping bit, it's visually cold, alienating and creepy like the stony hearts of those who live there. Anyone else agree?

by Anonymousreply 103December 5, 2021 2:49 PM

R66, Was ALT wearing a caftan?

by Anonymousreply 104December 5, 2021 2:50 PM

It's a monument to conformity. Tasteful conformity in what is essentially very grand tract housing.

by Anonymousreply 105December 5, 2021 2:51 PM

"Yet in expensive neighborhoods in the U.S., you can't even see the houses, there is so much greenery. "

Manhattan Island would like a word with you

by Anonymousreply 106December 5, 2021 3:09 PM

Don’t let them get you down r97. I totally understand your questia.

by Anonymousreply 107December 5, 2021 3:14 PM

Someone here has never been to Beverly Hills, Atherton, La Jolla, Bel Air, Rancho Snta Fe, the Hamptons, etc. etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2021 3:19 PM

so who bid on what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 5, 2021 3:20 PM

A fine enough space but devoid of any/all character. Why would someone take a tasteful old home and turn it into a poor replica of a new construction condo?

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2021 3:22 PM

r109, I won a small collection of historic documents pertaining to That Summer and the Maysles and was the only bidder. I got a bargain. Tina threw in a 1965 polaroid of she and her brother sitting on a department store Santa in NYC. Later Christie's was cleaning out their warehouse during COVID and found a small calling card from Lee's Grandmother Bouvier with a little note to Janet that must have accompanied a 1933 baby gift. They sent it to me with apologies.

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2021 3:40 PM

Dearest Ms. Radziwill,

Please accept my sincerest apology for all the years of snubs. Buckingham Palace is a sketchy neighborhood and one must choose one's coffee klatsch with caution. I still haven't properly coped with Jimmy Carter kissing dear Mum on the lips.

Forthwith, I propose a light lunch date. I'll retrieve my golden horse-drawn carriage, and you get yours. We'll race! What fun! To Costco, naturally, and compose a repast from the numerous free samples. Delish?

Oh, you passed away in 2019? I hadn't noticed.

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2021 3:41 PM

Dear Mrs. Windsor:

In receipt of your charming (though typed) note.

Thank you for the thoughtful invitation to go carriage racing with you, yet I must decline as I am somewhat physically fragile, recovering from the delivery of my first wee one. I fear the much discussed, at least locally, stench from your fetid, practically decomposing cunt could well invoke a medical setback at this difficult time.

It is my hope that as a mother yourself you will understand. I am enclosing a picture for your mantle
 or chimney piece, as I believe you insist on calling it here.

Best wishes always,

Princess Radziwill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2021 4:48 PM

"—North of Sunset, Beverly Hills, Centre of the Universe"

"Someone here has never been to Beverly Hills, Atherton, La Jolla, Bel Air, Rancho Snta Fe, the Hamptons, etc. etc. etc. "

Yes, just look at those multi-million dollar estates with their finely coffered acres

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2021 5:45 PM

What a dump!

by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2021 5:47 PM

I guess there's a lot of people commenting here who have never lived (and I don't mean spent a week in a hotel) in W1 or SW1.

by Anonymousreply 116December 5, 2021 5:59 PM

Judging from the various snaps it looks as if she totally redecorated her homes every few years. Among Lee's many failed careers was interior designer. She had a few commissions re-doing some suites in middle brow hotels. Of course she never made any money at it. Jackie's legendary 1040 Fifth Ave flat keep the same look for decades. Good taste is timeless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 5, 2021 6:12 PM

Lee talks fashion with Larry King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 5, 2021 6:28 PM

Jackie's place whispers old money and lots of it. Lee's digs scream twee parvenu.

by Anonymousreply 119December 5, 2021 6:29 PM

The 'Steel Magnolias' London premiere story should be taught in classes on "How to Be a Raging Cunt." She also divorced Herb Ross right before he died (though I'm sure they'd been separated for awhile). On that note, it's a pleasant surprise to hear she was pleasant to wait staff. Granted, she probably called them "just a couple of fags" as soon as she departed the restaurant and/or dinner party.

by Anonymousreply 120December 5, 2021 7:23 PM

Lee had an abortion at Nestle Hospital in Lausanne back in the late 1960s. Dunno who the father was.

by Anonymousreply 121December 5, 2021 8:21 PM

R117 do give us examples of "middle brow hotels", dear.

by Anonymousreply 122December 5, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote]R119 Jackie's place whispers old money and lots of it.

Jackie got most of her decor advice in NYC from her friend Bunny Mellon. In general, the main concept was that the Manhattan interiors should look “undercooked,” somewhat pale, with touches of gilt. One of Mellon’s design principles was “Nothing should be noticed”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 5, 2021 8:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 5, 2021 9:08 PM

^ Don't look at meski.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 5, 2021 11:08 PM

One doesn’t like the glass wall in the kitchen/dining area. What if one wishes to relieve one’s bowels on the floor? One would be exposed to onlookers.

by Anonymousreply 126December 5, 2021 11:11 PM

Lee said she was "relived" when her brother in law was murdered. She out lived all of them including her own son. Kicking at 85. Karma is a bitch but karma never met the Cuntress Radziwill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 6, 2021 12:14 AM

^ What exactly did she relive?

by Anonymousreply 128December 6, 2021 12:15 AM

R127 Lee said she was a bit RELIEVED when JFK was assassinated because it took the spotlight off of her. Because we know Camelot was all about the PRINCESS. Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 129December 6, 2021 12:30 AM

Lee's wicker casket was so tasteful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 6, 2021 12:40 AM

And light as a feather!

by Anonymousreply 131December 6, 2021 12:41 AM

But I’ll bet her pussy didn’t stink.

by Anonymousreply 132December 6, 2021 12:48 AM

Did this woman have any redeemable qualities beside a vaginal freshness?

by Anonymousreply 133December 6, 2021 12:58 AM

R25 Can we enter into a covenant to limit the retelling of this anecdote, to oh, perhaps annually? Instead of the bimonthly frequency it currently enjoys? The mere mention of Lee, Jackie, Ari Onassis, Christina Onassis, Herbert Ross, Julia Roberts
Olympia Dukakis and Shirley MacLaine—even Carole Radziwill—even Eric & fucking Emma Roberts—eventually leads to this story.

by Anonymousreply 134December 6, 2021 1:20 AM

R134

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 6, 2021 1:27 AM

In graduate school in Paris, in the 80s, one winter I was seeing a de La Rochefoucauld, and his very grand mother, who had no right to call herself a duchess and usually did not, invited my beau and I to a Christmas lunch at Fouquet's, and Lee was her guest as well. The RadziwiƂƂ family aren't royal princes, they are really Grand Dukes, and the de La Rochefoucaulds also have princely titles alongside their dukedoms I had recently read the Maximes, by François VI, Duc de La Rochefoucauld and Prince de Marcillac, and dropped a few into our conversations. I might as well have been speaking ancient Greek. Then I tried to start a conversation about princely Machiavellianism and the Salons... lead balloon. So I joined the knowledgeable discussion about the recent auction of the Countess du Boisrouvray's jewels and how Edmond Safra was the secret buyer of the Chaumet Burmese ruby ring. Well I always loved sparkly things so it was very pleasant. Neither princess was wearing impressive jewels, to my disappointment, but it was lunchtime with gay college men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 6, 2021 1:45 AM

[quote]invited my beau and I

Oh mon Dieu!

by Anonymousreply 137December 6, 2021 1:51 AM

Drat! Well I tried. I guess you're all stuck with the hoary movie premiere anecdote.

by Anonymousreply 138December 6, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote]R130 Lee's wicker casket was so tasteful.

? ! ? ! ?

OMG - I find that basket casket incredibly funny (though I doubt that’s the effect she was going for.)

Did she have some logs of firewood tucked in with her?

by Anonymousreply 139December 6, 2021 2:45 AM

R130, R139, why bother with an expensive mahogany casket if they're going to put it in the furnace anyway?

by Anonymousreply 140December 6, 2021 3:54 AM

I thought Lee chose the wicker basket to be environmentally friendly.

by Anonymousreply 141December 6, 2021 4:25 AM

No, she was just a show off. Like all east coast preppie people, for some reason she was enamored of baskets.

Here’s one in front of her bedroom fireplace.

Personally I kind of hate baskets. They get all dusty and sometimes they cut you if the weaving breaks. There are more creative things to use as containers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 6, 2021 4:38 AM

From the book "The Fabulous Bouvier Sisters":

"After leaving London and her marriage to Stas, Lee had reinvented herself as a very successful Manhattan professional designer. That was a good thing, because when Stas died in the summer of 1976, he had nothing to leave for his children but massive debt.

As his fortunes continued to dwindle, Stas Radziwill was reduced to selling their former home at 4 Buckingham Place. (It was bought by the heiress Charlotte Ford, who had been one of Stas’s mistresses.) He was drinking heavily, broken by his divorce and his staggering financial losses. On June 27, 1976, Prince Stanislas Radziwill died of a heart attack, during a weekend party in Essex, England. He had returned to his room after a game of cards and, while undressing for bed, suddenly collapsed. The household was alerted several hours later when a dog brought along by another weekend guest began howling outside of Stas’s room. A butler then found him lying dead on the floor. He was just sixty-two years old."

by Anonymousreply 143December 6, 2021 8:33 AM

R143. Interesting. Then where did what money she had come from?

by Anonymousreply 144December 6, 2021 10:46 AM

Her mother died with money. Was married to Auchincloss.

by Anonymousreply 145December 6, 2021 10:54 AM

Stas was old and homely when Lee arrived him. Not even fabulously wealthy.

For princes - Von Furstenberg was a good catch - young and sexy - if a bit gay

by Anonymousreply 146December 6, 2021 10:55 AM

[quote]I thought Lee chose the wicker basket to be environmentally friendly.

Do you think she cared? Either she chose it to be au courant or whoever arranged it did because it was cheap.

by Anonymousreply 147December 6, 2021 10:59 AM

Wicker caskets are much more popular in European countries than here.

by Anonymousreply 148December 6, 2021 12:25 PM

She was so thin and desiccated you wonder they didn't just put her in a dusty old Chanel suit bag.

by Anonymousreply 149December 6, 2021 12:29 PM

OP It's a quite short walk to Buckingham Palace, so yes it's in a very nice area.

by Anonymousreply 150December 6, 2021 12:34 PM

R145, Janet was forced to sell Hammersmith Farm in Newport and spent her final years living in a guest house on the property.

She shared the money from the sale with Lee and not with Jackie, which pissed off Jackie and caused an estrangement with Lee that lasted until Jackie's death.

Many are unaware that Janet married a third time after Hugh Auchincloss died, a freeloading loser who was disliked by just about everyone but Janet.

He began to physically and sexually abuse Janet, so Jackie confronted him, threatened him with prosecution and demanded that he move out of the guesthouse.

by Anonymousreply 151December 6, 2021 12:35 PM

I hate it when people buy old homes and then ruin the interior turning into something ultra modern. The interior of a home should always reflect the exterior style IMO. It's easy enough modernize while keeping the esthetic of the era the home is from. The interior of that place is pretty much horrific and makes me think of a hostpital.

by Anonymousreply 152December 6, 2021 12:39 PM

The British and the Continentals aren't as gullible and stupid about how much to spend on a funeral as people in the US. Funeral homes in the US goad the bereaved into spending as much money as possible, telling people the more they spend will show how much they love their loved one. Until several years ago in my state it was illegal to purchase a casket from anyone other than a licensed funeral home. Finally the law got changed and people could go to a casket store and buy a casket for $950.00 that a funeral home would sell for $4000.00.

Funeral homes in the US are con games still. Pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 153December 6, 2021 12:58 PM

True, R153. Costco now sells caskets!

by Anonymousreply 154December 6, 2021 1:00 PM

I just took a look at the casket offerings at Costco. They have 15 different models that sell for anything from $900.00 to $1500.00. I also noticed they have a statement on their casket page that says "Federal law requires that funeral homes accept caskets from third parties".

by Anonymousreply 155December 6, 2021 1:08 PM

The area around Victoria Station is pretty grim, with very heavy traffic and pollution. This looks lovely, but it isn’t that far away.

by Anonymousreply 156December 6, 2021 1:17 PM

When Charles Lindbergh knew he was dying, he designed and had his casket made to order, from his favorite teak wood.

by Anonymousreply 157December 6, 2021 1:48 PM

[quote]I might as well have been speaking ancient Greek.

No. Just modern pretentious moi? bore.

by Anonymousreply 158December 6, 2021 1:49 PM

R144 Lee had relatively little money. At least not the "real money" her sister landed. The Bouvier girls were impoverished gentry. Their wealth came through their husbands. Their mother Janet actually had to model a Bergdorfs to make ends met. Lee's father Black Jack Bouvier was a broke drunk. Had Lee's mother not landed "real money" Hugh Auchincloss as her second hubby and Lee's step father she might very well have wound up like Little Edie.

by Anonymousreply 159December 6, 2021 4:55 PM

Charlotte Ford, mentioned above as Stash Radziwills mistress, was also briefly married to Onassis arch rival Stavros Niarchos in the mid 1960s. The union produced one daughter, Elena, who is an executive at Ford Motor Co. Miss Ford unsuccessfully fought for a fair share of the Niarchos estate after Stavros died, but the Greek heirs closed ranks and didn't give her a dime. Niarchos immediately returned to his former wife, Eugenie Livable before killing her. It goes without saying that not only did these people inter marry, but the also inter fucked. ALOT!

by Anonymousreply 160December 6, 2021 5:08 PM

R160, Stavros Niarchos was also once married to Tina Onassis, former wife of Aristotle and mother of Alexander and Christina.

She died under mysterious circumstances, some believed she was murdered by Niarchos, but he was never charged.

by Anonymousreply 161December 6, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote]R148 Wicker caskets are much more popular in European countries than here.

Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 6, 2021 5:54 PM

I'm surprised the "princess" didn't press for a burial at the Kaisergruft in Vienna with the real Hapsburg Empire grandees. The Radziwills had palaces I all the important capitals. Well, hundreds of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 163December 6, 2021 8:48 PM

Jesus, all those millions and they still have the freaking sewer pipe running down the center of the front facade.

by Anonymousreply 164December 6, 2021 9:15 PM

Jackie visiting Lee there in 1965.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 6, 2021 9:26 PM

The Princess' final resting place at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Cemetery, in front of her daddy Black Jack Bouvier, is a modest site. The rest of her ashes were scattered off the Amalfi Coast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166December 6, 2021 10:32 PM

" The rest of her ashes were scattered off the Amalfi Coast. "

They should have been cited for pollution

by Anonymousreply 167December 6, 2021 10:46 PM

Yep, tiny rooms, tiny courtyard, overlooked
go buy some monstrosity in Texas. Or maybe an apartment in Trump Tower. Something with real American class.

by Anonymousreply 168December 6, 2021 11:01 PM

Lee Radziwill's life deserves the John Waters treatment.

by Anonymousreply 169December 7, 2021 12:03 AM

R166 The Eternal Cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 7, 2021 1:46 AM

Is that Judy Chicago's family crypt?

by Anonymousreply 171December 7, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote][R160], Stavros Niarchos was also once married to Tina Onassis, former wife of Aristotle and mother of Alexander and Christina.

Athina Onassis married her sister Eugenia's widower Stavros Niarchos after Eugenia died of a barbiturate overdose in 1970. Then Athina herself died under exactly the same circumstances in 1974! We should get Jessica Fletcher on this case!

by Anonymousreply 172December 7, 2021 3:33 AM

R161 Didn’t Tina Livanos (Onassis then Niarchos) also come from massive wealth, way more so than Ari and Niarchos had? Didn’t that figure into 1) why she felt Ari was an uncouth brute and 2) why Niarchos may have fatally poisoned her?

My favorite story from this era was during the early to mid 1970s when Christina began to believe that Jackie Kennedy was a curse of bad luck on the Onassis family since everyone Christina loved started getting sick and dying, including Christina’s brother Alex.

by Anonymousreply 173December 7, 2021 4:05 AM

[quote] Jackie got most of her decor advice in NYC from her friend Bunny Mellon.

That's news to me, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 174December 7, 2021 5:48 AM

Jackie got most of her decor advice in NYC from her friend Bunny Mellon. That's news to me, you cunt.

—Sister Parish

Sister Parish did a few rooms in the White House then had a falling out with Jackie and was replaced by Stephane Boudin so yes, by the time Jackie was in New York Parish would not have been advising her on anything, cunt.

Parish said Jackie got along much better with men.

by Anonymousreply 175December 7, 2021 5:56 AM

Jackie received word that Parish had kicked 4-year-old Caroline during a visit to the White House. And it was OVAH!

I believe Parish never confirmed nor denied the event.

by Anonymousreply 176December 7, 2021 6:06 AM

R175, You bitches are not crediting the major influence in Jackie's life.

Me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 7, 2021 6:15 AM

R168 At least those plebeians would be within spitting distance of a Costco! And their stucco mini McMansions would have open floor plans with great flow and 3-car garages!

by Anonymousreply 178December 7, 2021 6:25 AM

Yes she is a twat of the highest order but she had great tastes in clothes and interiors. The Mongiardino drawing room is legendary.

by Anonymousreply 179December 7, 2021 6:38 AM

Sister Parish looked like a trans man, imagine this brood mare kicking a four year old child?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 7, 2021 6:49 AM

Sister Parish' daughter is called Apple, i guess Goop wasn't so original after all

by Anonymousreply 181December 7, 2021 6:54 AM

Apple's house, formerly belonging to Sister Parish, is revolting kitsch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 7, 2021 7:01 AM

For those who don't know Jeffrey Bilhuber..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 7, 2021 7:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 7, 2021 7:23 AM

Jeffrey Bilhuber et fils..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 7, 2021 7:26 AM

Actually, I laid the foundation for Jackie's sense of style and good taste. Even her public behavior, demeanor, and posture can be attributed to my teaching. I even dictated the way she, as well as my other daughters spoke. Believe me when I tell you that I had all my i.s dotted and my t.s crossed at all times. I knew my shit. She learned it all from ME!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 7, 2021 9:40 AM

In a Sister Parish biography I read (written by her family) it acknowledged the kicking rumors, said those probably weren’t true, but Sister played it up because it was a better story than what really happened— Jackie was a cheapskate and wanted everything for free.

I also read a memoir by fashion designer Arnold Scassi and he said the same thing— Jackie wanted clothes, was nice as could be, but then when she implied she would require it free or for a deep discount (can’t remember which) he had to respectfully decline. This was right before she got to the WH and he said he kicked himself about his decision not to accommodate her later. Obviously, she would have been great exposure for him.

by Anonymousreply 187December 7, 2021 11:06 AM

And to think now the closest we have to Ari and Jackie is Bezos and that squat woman with the strange lips.

by Anonymousreply 188December 7, 2021 11:07 AM

Sister Parish was a total CUNT! I still have a mark on my leg.

by Anonymousreply 189December 7, 2021 3:07 PM

R124 Jackie thru Sister Parish out of the White House when she found her looking under JFK's bed. She said Sister contributed nothing to the renovation.

by Anonymousreply 190December 7, 2021 4:55 PM

R190 is that when she found the panties under the bed and Jackie went to JFK and told him he needed to shop around and find out who those panties belonged to because they weren't her size?

by Anonymousreply 191December 7, 2021 5:06 PM

"is that when she found the panties under the bed "

I heard she found Marilyn Monroe under the bed

by Anonymousreply 192December 7, 2021 8:35 PM

^ Not true!

... It was Angie Dickinson

by Anonymousreply 193December 7, 2021 8:37 PM

190 She was a dried up old tranny and we kicked her in the nuts when she pulled back the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 194December 8, 2021 1:10 AM

I liked Turville Grange, the country house she and Stas had in Oxfordshire, better than the London townhouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 8, 2021 3:32 PM

Has any one of her glamourous friends or family said a good word about this woman? It must have been a short eulogy. Who gave it the junior editor of Town & Country?

by Anonymousreply 196December 8, 2021 3:46 PM

r160 Charlotte Ford was also married later to financier Tony Forstmann, Teddy's last surviving brother. Teddy had a star-struck love life of his own: Princess Diana, Liz Hurley, Padma Lakshmi.

Not only did Lee and Jackie's mom Janet have a strange and winding romantic life, their stepfather Hugh did as well. At one time he was Gore Vidal's stepfather, before he was Jackie and Lee's. His last/third wife, Janet, is buried with him in Newport; his second wife ended up in her paternal family plot in Oklahoma City, and his first wife the Russian noblewoman Maya de Chrapovitsky is buried in Burlington IA of all places - her final husband, Elbridge Rand, has a large family tomb there.

by Anonymousreply 197December 8, 2021 4:34 PM

R197, The grandfather of Jake Auchincloss, who won Joe Kennedy III's Congressional seat last year, was Hugh Auchincloss' cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 8, 2021 4:56 PM

How could she afford Turville Grange? Must have cost an absolute fortune even back in the day. Radziwill wasn't rich - neither was she.

by Anonymousreply 199December 8, 2021 9:09 PM

She fucked for it.

by Anonymousreply 200December 8, 2021 9:15 PM

R196 Lee's eulogy was as light as her wicker casket.

by Anonymousreply 201December 8, 2021 9:23 PM

My mom is old enough to remember them in the news when she was young. She always thought Jackie seemed fake (especially that babyish voice) but she did like Lee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 8, 2021 9:27 PM

Does a wicker casket have a latched lid? What if it tips over?

by Anonymousreply 203December 8, 2021 9:28 PM

Turville Grange is really rather me!

by Anonymousreply 204December 8, 2021 9:30 PM

The wicker casket is so that the worms have easier entry?

by Anonymousreply 205December 8, 2021 9:57 PM

A tisket, a tasket, a flimsy wicker casket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206December 8, 2021 10:35 PM

Sofia Coppola interviews Lee Radziwill. Sofia asks about Aristotle Onassis and Lee shuts her down quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 8, 2021 10:40 PM

Turville Grange, etc = the reason old Stas died broke = why the Princess bolted when the cash flow ran dry.

You know, Lee cut Stas off sexually right after the birth of the second kid, but continued to ho around on the side and NOT so discreetly.

by Anonymousreply 208December 8, 2021 11:33 PM

....and what exactly was the BFF story between these two?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 9, 2021 12:00 AM

Lee couldn’t get enough of Peter Beard, both during and after her marriage to Radziwill, In NYC, London and Skorpios.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 9, 2021 12:24 AM

Peter Beard was a God .. tragic the way he died.

by Anonymousreply 211December 9, 2021 12:32 AM

r199 The 49-acre estate of Turville Grange was bought by Lee Radziwill and her husband Prince Stanislas Radziwill for ÂŁ55,000 in 1966 (equivalent to ÂŁ1,047,437 in 2020

by Anonymousreply 212December 9, 2021 12:35 AM

R211 He had a hot tasty ass but he couldn't live forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 9, 2021 12:39 AM

whats a bet that crocodile is dead

by Anonymousreply 214December 9, 2021 12:43 AM

That was a fine ass!

by Anonymousreply 215December 9, 2021 2:41 AM

On the afternoon of March 31, 2020 Peter Beard, who was suffering from dementia and ill health after a stroke, wandered away from his Montauk, Long Island home. Despite exhaustive searches he was not found.[24]

On April 19, Beard's body was found by a hunter in a densely wooded area in Camp Hero State Park in Montauk Point, New York.[25] The cause of death has not been released, and his death certificate is sealed "in compliance with federal privacy laws".

by Anonymousreply 216December 10, 2021 8:58 AM

[quote]Has any one of her glamourous friends or family said a good word about this woman?

Yes. They said she was:

C osmpolitan U ncompromising N eedy and T ravelled

by Anonymousreply 217December 10, 2021 12:11 PM

Did Andre also serve as Lee's bodyguard? Or at least a windbreak?

by Anonymousreply 218December 10, 2021 10:24 PM

Hammersmith Farm had pretty much gone to rot and ruin by time it was sold again in 1990's. Extensive restoration and renovation work was done which brought things back to former grandeur.

Worth noting Auchincloss family got back some of furnishings which they promptly sold off at auction. Is that family always hard up for money?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219December 10, 2021 10:34 PM

Now in private hands Hammersmith Farm is no longer open to public.

Place is owned by Kiernan family, and most recent most photographed event was wedding of Lacy Kiernan held in gardens of the estate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 10, 2021 10:39 PM

Pictures...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221December 10, 2021 10:40 PM

I dunno, R211, I've always thought Peter Beard may have been compos mentis enough to decide to end his days the same way his beloved elephants did it. Walk off alone into the wild. The weather was cold at the time, I recall them talking about how someone wouldn't live long outside if not found. He may have been known that, and have been miserable enough to want to end it that way.

by Anonymousreply 222December 11, 2021 12:57 PM

Oh come on Lee
..Ari is DEAD, the son is DEAD, daughter is DEAD, sistah is dead at that time I presume, spill already. Suddenly now you’re all so virtuous, ya old whore? Light up another ciggie and tell us your truth.

by Anonymousreply 223December 11, 2021 5:54 PM

The groom's smile does not reach his eyes. Lily white Bride, you in danguh, girl....

by Anonymousreply 224December 11, 2021 6:56 PM

From R221

"The couple met in January 2013 on a goose-hunting weekend at Upper Brandon Plantation in Spring Grove, Va."

God God! How WASPY can you get?

by Anonymousreply 225December 12, 2021 11:27 AM

R164

Don't believe t hose are sewer pipes per se on front of those townhouses. Rather what is known in UK as pipes to soakaways.

In London and many other areas of UK sewer systems have rapidly become or are already working a capacity. Rather than put strains on those systems a very clever method was developed to cope.

Sewers mostly deal with foul matter (sewage), but rain water and other drainage from properties vie downspouts, French drains, etc.. are often directed into a "soakaway" container. This relatively clean water is then slowly allowed to disperse back into ground.

This helps take some of pressure of main sewer systems, especially during periods of heavy rainfall. Here in NYC when latter occurs excess water is simply dumped into surrounding bodies of water, raw sewage and all. After storm Ida hundreds of drowned rats were also flushed out to bodies of water surrounding New York City as well

by Anonymousreply 226December 12, 2021 11:52 AM

I visited Hammersmith Farm when it was open as a museum. The house is typical gentry country style circa 20's. I recall seeing pictures of Kennedy in the great room and a presidential flag on the wall. There was only one large room with views over the bay. The rest was dark and chintz laden. The site is spectacular and I found the grounds by the water to be the best feature..

by Anonymousreply 227December 12, 2021 4:08 PM

Where the hell did Lee get $50 million dollars from? She never worked a job in her life. She's probably never even come close to having that type of money in her possession in her 85 years of life on this earth.

I don't believe that amount at all. She was probably comfortable, but I don't know about $50 million dollars comfortable. The media just pull these figures out of thin air and the dummie public eats it up.

by Anonymousreply 228December 12, 2021 9:12 PM

R228

Did you actually read DM link?

"Because Anthony predeceased his mother, Lee stated in the will 'that I have (1) child, Anna Christina Radziwill (hereinafter 'Tina') and directs her Executors to 'sell all my right, title and interest in and to any cooperative apartment occupied by me at the time of my death as my residence, vacation residence or part-time residence, together with the proprietary lease thereto, and all shares of stock or other securities in and claims against the corporation owning the building in which said apartment is located, as soon after my death as may be practicable and to dispose of the net proceeds of such sale as part of my residuary estate.'

At the time of her death, Lee resided in a co-op apartment at 160 East 72nd Street in Manhattan. She used to split her time between there and Paris, where she kept a pied-a-terre. Downsizing in 2017, she put the luxe pad on the market, asking $4million."

Deceased left an estate estimated to be worth $50 million USD. What various items are actually worth on open market when (or if) sold is another matter.

None of this touches fact there will be death duties payable by estate or Anna Christina 'Tina' Radziwill. Though amounts may not be staggering as generous US tax laws allow for stepped-up accounting rule for real estate, securities, and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 229December 12, 2021 10:20 PM

And that isn't all!

True to her class and background decedent had a few trusts. So there are assets beyond what would be dealt with via probate locked up in said trusts. While existence is known, exactly what assets are contained may not, well least far as general public is concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 12, 2021 11:21 PM

"Ironically, the first item in her estate states that all debts and funeral expenses be paid as soon as practicable, and that no extraordinary means or special accounting loopholes be taken to avoid paying any death taxes. That’s an interesting comment from someone who was blessed with wealth, glamour and connections, but never had enough money to fund her own lifestyle."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231December 12, 2021 11:26 PM

Just because you read something about someone well known in a book or article doesn't mean you know everything about them, obviously. Lee could have gotten that money from any undisclosed source; family trusts, lovers, family, sale of possessions , investments etc, etc.. Janet seemed to have wanted to look after Lee financially because Jackie was already wealthy. Jackie had access to the best financial advisors so with a little good advice and investment money could be made for Lee . I've no idea what Herbert Ross was worth but there's that money too. Lee also sold a house in the Hamptons. I doubt Lee was ever broke broke like a mere mortal would be poor. Poor to people like Lee is not being able to afford caviar every day. In any case it's none of our business.

by Anonymousreply 232December 13, 2021 12:40 AM

Janet always gave Lee money. This infuriated Jackie. Janet never forgave Jackie for not saving her beloved Hammersmith Farm. Jackie let Camelot Gardens buy it and allow the hoi-polloi to tromp though her childhood home. Jakie's mother had to move out of the mansion into the guest cottage on the grounds. During the family discussion to save Hammersmith when Jackie was hemming and hawing. Janet said to her "You bought three supermarkets (JBK invested in Safeways in New Jersey) but you won't save your family home!" You the richest woman in the world!" She got up and stalked out.

by Anonymousreply 233December 13, 2021 1:08 AM

^ Surprised Janet didn't slap Jackie's miserly face.

by Anonymousreply 234December 13, 2021 1:09 AM

R232 Poor lil Pekes never could land the "real money" like moi.

by Anonymousreply 235December 13, 2021 1:12 AM

You just know Herb Ross was "generous" in his divorce settlement with Lee... as if he had a choice....

There was no "had" about Mrs. Auchincloss moving out to that guest cottage. She specifically carved out that bit of Hammersmith Farm estate from the sale.

Jackie Kennedy Onassis was smart to walk away from that old pile. Families all over UK, Europe and North America do same all the time. Those old piles cost money to upgrade and maintain, and Jackie Onassis already had homes of her own. What her sister and perhaps mother then wanted was for Mrs. Onassis to save the place for them and their use.

Damn place couldn't even fetch full asking price. So much for the Camelot mystique.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 13, 2021 1:21 AM

But it wasn't really her family home though was it? It belonged to Hugh D, not Black Jack, and as Jackie adored her father she probably had no emotional tie with Hammersmith. It also needed work and the upkeep and staff to keep it running must have been immense, so she let it be sold. Although from memory I think it was a paltry sum Janet needed from Jackie to save it. Paltry in comparison to what Jackie was worth anyway. A side note, Jackie's half brother, the pedo, has never worked a day in his life either, but he was Hugh D.'s son too,

by Anonymousreply 237December 13, 2021 1:24 AM

William F. Farley made money on selling the place, but only after putting in heaps to restore Hammersmith Farm.

As noted above another Irish family owns the place now; Peter Kiernan, of Goldman Sachs money has installed his family at Hammersmith Farm as their summer place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 13, 2021 1:25 AM

It's an ugly dark house, nothing special like the other Newport mansions.

by Anonymousreply 239December 13, 2021 1:27 AM

R237

As noted in linked article Hammersmith Farm was sold for about $960, 000 USD. Even at one million dollars that sum would have been small beer to now very wealthy Jackie Onassis.

One wonders if Maurice Templeton's advice was sought, and he replied "run don't walk away from that place...".

As noted if Jackie had bought Hammersmith Farm she would be on hook for staff, maintenance, restoration. Neither her mother or sister had that kind of money, hence place being up for sale in first place.

by Anonymousreply 240December 13, 2021 1:31 AM

Visited when it was open to the public. Dark and dreary. Not nearly of the caliber of the Newport Mansions.

by Anonymousreply 241December 13, 2021 1:33 AM

Janet moved into "The Castle" which was the original farm house on the estate before the big house was built. It is still a rather large structure, and it's a home that would accommodate a family of seven very well.

Jackie was no fool. The big house had been a money pit for years by the time Hugh D passed on. There were five Auchincloss adult children who survived Hugh D who were left their own trusts, yet everyone looked to Jackie to cough up all the loot. Remember, there were no Auchincloss trusts reserved for Jackie and Lee - they were pushed to marry their money. Hugh D held on to the estate as it was his wish to die there. Accomplished. And now it was time for Janet to scale back.

Still, Jackie DID offer to "pitch in" should any of her five step/half siblings be willing to do their part in saving THEIR family home. No takers.

Janet's meager new diggs: The Castle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 13, 2021 1:34 AM

Probably just a big old white elephant full of more bad memories for Jackie, so why keep it?

by Anonymousreply 243December 13, 2021 1:36 AM

r242 Jackie had every right to essentially say "fuck it, I'm not spending a dime on that house. He was my stepfather, I wasn't even related to him. Let his children handle it." As you said, she and Lee got no money whatsoever from Hugh Auchincloss and he had several biological children who all had money. Jackie was never particularly close to him anyway.

Why would anyone pay a fortune to save and then maintain their stepfather's house, esp. if they had a rather ambivalent relationship with him?

by Anonymousreply 244December 13, 2021 2:02 AM

^ Because it was also Jackie's MOTHER's home you dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 245December 13, 2021 2:10 AM

Jackie's mother lived there, it wasn't her home. Jackie didn't have a great relationship with her mother anyway. Hugh A. had five bio kids, it was their responsibility to keep Hammersmith if they wanted it.

Your stepfather, who you never were close to and left you ZERO $$$, dies and then his bio kids want YOU to save the family home and pay for the endless maintenance and also for a full staff? Peace out, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 246December 13, 2021 2:14 AM

R246 Janet lived at Hammersmith Farm for 40 years ,died there, ashes scattered there but it wasn't her home? Really. As stated you are a dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 247December 13, 2021 2:43 AM

But r247 it was really the house of Hugh's bio kids. They should've footed the bills, not Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 248December 13, 2021 3:12 AM

No way should Jackie alone have been responsible for that pile. Good for her for telling them all to fuck off. Her mother was ancient and suffering from dementia, she ended up dying just a handful of years later. Jackie knew it wouldn't be long.

by Anonymousreply 249December 13, 2021 3:13 AM

What really fractured the sisters relationship is that during their mother Janet's protracted illness from Alzheimers Lee hardly ever visited except to ask for money. Jackie dealt with all the aging sick parent issues.Jackie was out at Hammersmith almost every weekend. The staff said they never saw Lee Radziwill. Janet's third husband was an eccentric kook Jackie called Jed Clampett. She was convinced he was physically abusing her mother. Jackie actually called him a fucking bastard to his face in front of staff. She wanted to called the police to have him evicted but avoided the publicity. Many of us have had these issues with elderly parents. One offspring always gets the burden of caregiver. Not to say Jackie O was emptying Janet's bedpans but her little sis Lee did jack shit to help her mum or even show concern. Jackie no doubt remembered that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250December 13, 2021 3:38 AM

R249 Your mother is so lucky to have you as her spawn.

by Anonymousreply 251December 13, 2021 3:40 AM

r251 there are hard choices to make with a sick and old parent. It's not easy at all.

by Anonymousreply 252December 13, 2021 4:06 AM

Really, R252? I never noticed.

by Anonymousreply 253December 13, 2021 4:07 AM

Give it up r253 you're just embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 254December 13, 2021 4:09 AM

R233, Jackie was far from being the richest woman in the world. She also wasn't expecting to die at 64.

I'm sure Jackie was expecting to live another 20-30 years and planning trusts for her children, grandchildren as well as Lee's children and her deceased half-sister Janet's children.

by Anonymousreply 255December 13, 2021 4:22 AM

I don't like her beady eyes. And her face shape reminds me of that bobbleheaded Nancy Reagan. She can sod off. Both of them can sod off.

And Princess Margaret can sod off. Yes, she's dead. And she can SOD OFF. Yes, all of them are dead, and they can all SOD OFF.

SOD OFF.

by Anonymousreply 256December 13, 2021 5:09 AM

She was worse than fuckin Hitler!.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 13, 2021 5:44 PM

And I thought my brother was an asshole . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258December 14, 2021 3:22 AM

r258 he revealed nothing in the book that could be considered scandalous or revelatory, just a lot of useless crap going on and on about Janet's senile end and her looney last husband. Although it did suggest that Jackie was very neurotic and quite damaged and not the together person we perceive her as. Lee was just her absent selfish self. Jackie seemed to take good care of her mother.

by Anonymousreply 259December 14, 2021 3:49 AM

"They were both stylish, beautiful, and sometimes drawn to the same men. In a revealing interview with Sam Kashner, Radziwill looks back at their deeply intertwined lives and how they dealt with fame and tragedy."

This is a pretty good read on the life and times of Lee...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 14, 2021 1:35 PM

^ I like this passage in the article...

"Onassis evidently complained to Callas about another reason for his marital unhappiness. Theater impresario Larry Kelly told Lerman, “Mrs. Kennedy won’t do it,” referring to Onassis’s Greek proclivities."

Whatever could he mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 261December 14, 2021 3:55 PM

^Anal, of course.

Ari was bisexual. When his father was in prison, young Ari used to have sex with the guards so his father would receive better treatment.

by Anonymousreply 262December 14, 2021 5:36 PM

^ Thanks, r262, I keep forgetting that being facetious doesn't work on the internets

by Anonymousreply 263December 14, 2021 6:30 PM

R263, At least I didn’t "Oh, dear" you for typing Onassis's instead of the proper Onassis'.

by Anonymousreply 264December 14, 2021 8:55 PM

Just kill yourself r264. God, what a fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 265December 14, 2021 9:08 PM

For R265 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 14, 2021 9:20 PM

@r264, "[R263], At least I didn’t "Oh, dear" you for typing Onassis's instead of the proper Onassis'. "

It was a quote you dickwad take it up with Vanity Fair

r265 said it best... "Just kill yourself [R264]. God, what a fucking loser. "

by Anonymousreply 267December 14, 2021 9:49 PM

Actually, Vanity Fair had the quote right. The dickwad apparently doesn't know that either s' or 's is correct according to the AP and Chicago Manual of Style guidelines.

Onassis's is fine.

by Anonymousreply 268December 15, 2021 12:24 AM

R268, According to some, those words with two or more syllables typically just get an apostrophe after the final S, while one-syllable words getting both an apostrophe and an S. Some people apply it to more recent names as well, such as Dr. Seuss’s writings or Kenny Rogers’ songs, while others believe they all should also get an additional S.

by Anonymousreply 269December 15, 2021 1:03 AM

I wish the spelling and grammar queens could all be loaded onto a rocket and shot into the sun.

by Anonymousreply 270December 15, 2021 1:07 AM

R270 Maybe on Jeff Bezos’ rocket?

by Anonymousreply 271December 15, 2021 2:02 AM

"I wish the spelling and grammar queens could all be loaded onto a rocket and shot into the sun. "

Just send him at night, don't really want anyone to get hurt

by Anonymousreply 272December 15, 2021 2:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273December 15, 2021 3:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 15, 2021 3:21 PM

^ Yep, that's us

by Anonymousreply 275December 15, 2021 4:20 PM

Send them to Mars with our favorite Afrikaner, Musk.

by Anonymousreply 276December 15, 2021 11:53 PM

R260 "She is still alluring, still sensuous, and she still possesses a marvelous squawk."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 16, 2021 12:38 AM

Did little brother Jamie Auchincloss attend Lee's funeral? Was he even invited?

by Anonymousreply 278December 16, 2021 12:47 AM

^ He was in jail for CP

by Anonymousreply 279December 16, 2021 3:01 AM

Wasn't Princess Lee the cuntyest cunt who ever cunted?

by Anonymousreply 280December 16, 2021 3:31 AM

^ Amateur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 16, 2021 3:35 AM

Wasn't Jamie Auchincloss arrested for kiddie porn?

by Anonymousreply 282December 16, 2021 4:16 AM

R282

And that ain't all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 16, 2021 6:36 AM

For those whose reading tastes run into lurid or salacious gossip.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 16, 2021 6:40 AM

All girls together....J. Randy and Jamie Achunincloss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 16, 2021 6:42 AM

Every year on his birthday, Jackie would gift Jamie with a check in the amount of his age plus one dollar.

He would always bring the check to the same NYC camera shop to purchase film, etc.

The shop never cashed the checks, preferring to post them on their wall because they had Jackie's signature on them.

by Anonymousreply 286December 16, 2021 9:10 AM

That's a funny little anecdote R286

by Anonymousreply 287December 17, 2021 12:09 AM

I read in one bio that Princess would have one of her maids on the lookout for guests using the lavatory during cocktail/dinner parties. The maid would scurry to the toilet of the powder room just to float a beautiful Gardenia in the water so that each guest could experience the pleasure of pissing on it or worse. One of her more ridiculous affectations.

by Anonymousreply 288December 17, 2021 3:40 AM

R286--What a strange gesture from Jackie re the amount---she must have been making a point. Maybe he asked her for loans/$ before and she resented it.

by Anonymousreply 289December 17, 2021 3:40 AM

I read somewhere that the Duchess of Windsor had each roll of toilet paper made into individual squares, left in a pile for her guests ....waste not, want not.

by Anonymousreply 290December 17, 2021 3:43 AM

"Lazy, thriving niggers."

by Anonymousreply 291December 17, 2021 7:07 AM

Wallis being coy . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 17, 2021 10:53 AM

Didn't realize Jamie Auchincloss was jailed for child pornography.

by Anonymousreply 293December 17, 2021 12:44 PM

A child pornographer with JFK, Jr. as his nephew.

by Anonymousreply 294December 17, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote]Didn't realize Jamie Auchincloss was jailed for child pornography.

Jamie inherited his father Hughdie's massive porn collection, and got to looking around, and - I guess he liked it - and added to it.

by Anonymousreply 295December 17, 2021 1:35 PM

Larry Ellison, Jay Leno, and “Judge Judy” Sheindlin are some of the biggest names and property owners in Newport atm. Larry Ellison owns (at last count) three great mansions, who knows where that will end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 20, 2021 8:53 AM

This whore was not a princess. How vulgar of her to call herself that.

by Anonymousreply 297December 20, 2021 9:33 AM

I've never understood the hatred on DL for Lee. She was a first class cunt, she should be revered here!

by Anonymousreply 298December 20, 2021 12:22 PM

I didn't know that the television cast of Laura, Princess Lee's ill-fated star turn, included DL royalty, Arlene Francis. Would that it was available for viewing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 24, 2021 10:51 PM

R299 I saw that when it came out. Very amateurish production and she couldn't act for shit. It was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 300December 25, 2021 5:55 PM

Here's a very rare photo showing Jackie's son from her first marriage. He was sent away to boarding school and never acknowledged by her afterwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 25, 2021 6:08 PM

Princess Lee and Arlene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302December 25, 2021 6:13 PM

With Robert Stack and George Sanders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 25, 2021 6:16 PM

Can you imagine a performer from the legitimate theatre playing second fiddle to a dilettante?

by Anonymousreply 304December 25, 2021 6:20 PM

In Laurence Leamer's new book, Capote's Swan, "Robert Stack was so distressed to be working with such a pathetic amateur that he implored [the associate producer] to bring in Elizabeth Taylor to play the role." And he wasn't too happy to work with Lee, either. Rimshot.

by Anonymousreply 305December 25, 2021 6:50 PM

R301, ???

by Anonymousreply 306December 25, 2021 8:29 PM

Was the tape of it destroyed? What did Truman say to her afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 307December 25, 2021 8:48 PM

" What did Truman say to her afterwards? "

Ha, ha, everyone knew you'd fall flat on your face

by Anonymousreply 308December 25, 2021 8:56 PM

R307, The rights to the 1968 ABC production of "Laura" belong to the estate of David Susskind, who produced it.

It received high ratings, but Susskind was hurt by the negative critical reviews and would never allow a repeat broadcast.

The Paley Center in Los Angeles did have a public showing several years ago, so a tape does exist.

by Anonymousreply 309December 25, 2021 10:46 PM

R301 Assume your asinine comment is in reference to the Hispanic boy. He is Gustavo Parades son of Provi Parades Jackie's personal assistant/maid for 30 years. He was raised with the family and was one of JFK Jr besties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 25, 2021 10:54 PM

Notwithstanding a long career writing about the Kennedys, in his new book about Truman Capote, Laurence Leamer, inexplicably, has Jackie a divorcee in the mid-'70s, having divorced Aristotle Onassis.

by Anonymousreply 311December 26, 2021 12:13 AM

Could you imagine being DP"D by those 2 at R310 ??? Lawsy its hot in here !

by Anonymousreply 312December 26, 2021 12:19 AM

R311, Allegedly, Onassis had a divorce in the works when he died.

by Anonymousreply 313December 26, 2021 3:37 AM

The Kennedys have always been scum, as per any family whose fortune was the result of crime.

by Anonymousreply 314December 26, 2021 7:31 AM

^Happy New Year, Ivanka!

by Anonymousreply 315December 26, 2021 10:06 AM

[quote] Allegedly, Onassis had a divorce in the works when he died.

I'm not disputing that. But that doesn't excuse the author in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 316December 26, 2021 12:02 PM

R311, Not a fan of Laurence Leamer who like Ed Klein, Christopher Andersen, etc., has made a living from writing about the Kennedys.

JFK, Jr. was particularly perturbed by Ed Klein and was quoted as saying "Ed Klein had one lunch with my mother years ago and he's been banking off it ever since."

by Anonymousreply 317December 26, 2021 1:04 PM

And don't forget Randy Taraborrelli, R317.

by Anonymousreply 318December 26, 2021 1:48 PM

R318. Excuse me!

by Anonymousreply 319December 26, 2021 2:27 PM

Auntie face it you're an also ran.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 26, 2021 4:37 PM

^ Punk I out lived your sorry ass by 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 321December 26, 2021 4:38 PM

JFK, Jr and his cousin Anthony Radziwill were besties since childhood. They died within a month of each other. Anthony had been ill for years, but I think with his Junior gone, he was ready to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322December 26, 2021 5:00 PM

^^ scratch "his"

by Anonymousreply 323December 26, 2021 5:01 PM

[quote] Anthony had been ill for years, but I think with his Junior gone, he was ready to go.

He was already at death's door when his cousin died.

by Anonymousreply 324December 26, 2021 5:23 PM

My father died.

by Anonymousreply 325December 26, 2021 6:09 PM

^ Again?

by Anonymousreply 326December 26, 2021 7:11 PM

My son died.

by Anonymousreply 327December 26, 2021 7:21 PM

I'm Barron.

by Anonymousreply 328December 26, 2021 7:26 PM

R322 JFK Jr considered Anthony Radziwill the brother he never had. He was at his friends bedside during all his painful surgeries. JFK Jr was working on the eulogy he was to give at Radizwill's funeral the day he left for the airport and his fatal crash. Radziwill wound up sitting apart on the destroyer when they scattered JFK's ashes he died just a month later. Their relationship would make a tragic film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329December 27, 2021 12:47 AM

Albeit for just a few days, JFK, Jr., DID have a brother.

by Anonymousreply 330December 27, 2021 12:53 AM

And I would have been even hotter.

by Anonymousreply 331December 27, 2021 12:59 AM

Lee favored Big Edie in the face even more so than LE.

by Anonymousreply 332December 27, 2021 1:21 AM

See ya soon buddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333December 27, 2021 3:09 PM

I wonder if Anthony experienced a different level of grief over John, Jr.’s sudden & tragic death, knowing he would shortly be dead himself.

by Anonymousreply 334December 27, 2021 3:31 PM

I'd like to see Lee's full Larry King interview. Wish CNN would post it.

by Anonymousreply 335December 28, 2021 6:19 PM

R335, In interviews, Larry stated that Lee was one of his toughest interviews, along with Robert Mitchum.

Neither was very forthcoming with their responses.

by Anonymousreply 336December 29, 2021 12:42 AM

Was the Larry King interview the one in which she was promoting her "Happy Times" coffee book or whatever it was called?

by Anonymousreply 337December 30, 2021 1:38 AM

Here's a transcript of the Larry King appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 30, 2021 7:19 AM

R338, Larry asked Lee some dumb questions.

by Anonymousreply 339December 30, 2021 7:53 AM

Larry asked everyone dumb questions

by Anonymousreply 340December 30, 2021 10:55 AM

Larry: Why did you shoot your sisters husband?

Lee: Ah, that's LEE Harvey Oswald

Larry: so it was. So Lee, are you jealous of your sister Jackie Collin's success?

by Anonymousreply 341December 30, 2021 10:59 AM

I'm an atheist, but god bless our LK impersonators. I can't stop laughing at r341.

by Anonymousreply 342December 30, 2021 1:38 PM

Larry: How's your nephew?

Lee: Larry, he died

Larry: Sylvester died?

Lee: Pardon me?

Larry: After the break folks, Lee Remick, sister of Jackie Stallone reveals death of nephew Silvester. After the break,

by Anonymousreply 343December 30, 2021 5:02 PM

It wasn't Lee who was difficult, it was King. Read the transcript. He knows next to nothing about her and clearly has done no research, she tells him her son died then later on he asks what her children (plural) are doing!

by Anonymousreply 344December 30, 2021 6:21 PM

Perhaps the genesis of R341's post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345December 30, 2021 6:44 PM

Having no idea who Newton Cope was, looked him up....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 31, 2021 5:04 AM

Old California up to their necks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 31, 2021 10:57 PM

I'd like to see a documentary on Lee. She to lived a really interesting life as her sister did. Wish she was a much higher profiled better known person by the general public.

There could still be one produced about her. Curious people would watch it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 348December 31, 2021 11:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!