Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Do All The Actors And Actresses in Hollywood Look Like Children Now?

I’ve noticed this for awhile. The 20-somethings look like young teenagers. I’m 30, so don’t even start. Surely others must have noticed this. I’m looking back pre-2000 to actors and actresses in their 20s and they look like grown-ass adults, not this Timothee or that one that plays Spider-Man bullshit. I can’t take these actors seriously. It looks like the Nick Teen Awards.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2021 6:30 AM

Cuz you old.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2021 6:13 AM

I've seen it too. Casting directors seem to have developed a distinct preference for performers who have childlike /adolescent faces. It's funny how many people now seem to think that a 35 year old with the face of a 15 year old is the norm. I regularly see remarks about 25- 30 ish actors looking " rough" when they don't actually look bad. They just don't look like high school freshman.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2021 6:28 AM

It's been going on for awhile. All male actors have to be boyish/twink types and all females are either super cutesy poo or boyish cutesy.

If you actually look like an adult, you're not gonna make it very far.

It's all part of the contemporary trend of everyone must look as young as possible for as long as possible even if the surgery/facial plumping make you look like a freak wearing a mask.

YOUNG, YOUNG, YOUNG!!!! FOREVER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2021 6:47 AM

There’s young and then there are these folks. They look pre-pubescent. It’s quite creepy. It’s also creepy how getting plastic surgery to look like a blowup doll with eyebrows drawn on with magic marker became the norm as well. I just don’t find any of these people interesting, nor even appealing to look at. Surely there must be real performers out there. Is Broadway any better?

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2021 7:00 AM

You do have a point but for me, the actual age is still a lot more important than what they look like in their face and body. Just appearing young doesn't work for me at all.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2021 8:11 AM

Everyone stopped tanning.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2021 8:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2021 11:18 AM

35 year-old “daddies” are also a thing, so this checks out.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Looks like some Bryan Singer types are doing all the casting these days.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2021 11:46 AM

Might be wrong, but I have the feeling that white liberals with the guilt are trying to emasculate white men through Hollywood and media these days. And I say it as a left wing fag.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2021 11:57 AM

They have the benefit of everything we've learned up until now about staying healthy and looking good. People are eating better, they're staying out of the sun, they're exercising more, etc.

I have a friend who is 36. She looks like a baby. I'm in my late 40s, and I think I look younger than late 40s used to be. But, when she's in her late 40s, she's going to look younger than I did!

I also have Eastern Euro genes, so I'm about to go over the aging cliff. Whhhheeeeeeeeee!

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2021 12:02 PM

You might be surprised how ubiquitous Botox and similar procedures now are. People are starting in their twenties.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2021 12:28 PM

They start in their twenties and they look fucked up and weird by the time they're in their forties. They get that "plasticized" look.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2021 12:33 PM

That Ana Taylor-Joy looks like an alien, and someone said the same of Kodi McFee and I’m having trouble unseeing it now. Aliens, or living Brats Dolls.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2021 12:42 PM

I first got Botox in my late thirties, and it has been amazing for me. But my biggest surprise was when I started talking about it and learning that a lot of my friends had been using it for years. Mostly women, but several of their husbands too (this is NYC).

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2021 12:53 PM

[Quote] Aliens, or living Brats Dolls.

I'm the Bratz doll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2021 3:32 AM

No matter how good you look to start with or how good your Esthetician is, eventually the injectibles people start to look weird, masky, waxy and creepy.

Though, apparently, most of them can't see it so they all think they look good.

They/you don't.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2021 6:26 AM

Society as a whole isn't really getting younger looking. It's just that the super youthful look is now the "hot" look so that's what we see in advertisements, the media and in entertainment.

Classicly handsome/beautiful isn't really in right now...it's too mature looking.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of people look like we've always looked.

Normal.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2021 6:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!