Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eastenders catch-up needed

I’m the OP of the EastEnders on Britbox US thread.

I’ve been behind in my real-time viewing and now the episodes from October have been removed from Britbox. I’m lost.

Can my fellow EE fans please catch me up?

I left off where it was revealed that Terry is actually Tom Cotton looking to swindle Sonia. Keegan had already cheated on Tiffany with Dottie. Ruby was arrested based on Jean’s false accusation. Mick and Linda left Waldorf to stay with Linda’s mother.

Please help me, DLers. You are my only hope.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 600April 22, 2024 10:46 AM

Sorry, Walford.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2021 7:45 PM

This is slightly off topic, and I'm not trying to hijack your thread, OP. I just wanted to mention an oddity from my past. I was a dedicated Corrie (Coronation Street) fan for several years. Vancouver, BC had a channel that would broadcast an episode Mon - Fri five months or so behind schedule. On Sunday they would broadcast the previous week's episodes in an omnibus edition.

The odd thing is that I was enamoured of the show. Then, after watching the episode where Lloyd chairs quiz night at The Rovers, & Norris brought his brother, of whom he was jealous, I couldn't watch any more episodes. It's like the asparagus stalk broke. That's all I had to say.

Wh. show is more popular in the UK, EE or Corrie?

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2021 8:13 PM

EE, I’m pretty sure.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2021 8:37 PM

I also love Corrie. Am trying to catch up with it also.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2021 8:39 PM

I must really be behind. I don't know who any of those people are. In the episodes I'm watching, Pauline just returned from an extended visit with her brother Kenny in Australia, only to learn that Arthur was fucking Mrs. Hewitt while she was away. Pauline lashed out at Kathy for keeping it a secret from her. Those were the highlights of recent episodes.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2021 10:43 PM

Where are you watching from, R5?

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2021 2:33 AM

What is the deal made between Martin and Zach?

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2021 4:30 AM

Can anyone fill me in a bit?

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2021 4:03 PM

Dot Cotton put a fag out in someone's eye.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2021 4:09 PM

Speaking of fags, Tony Hills used to take Simon Raymond from behind. Simon was 100% bottom.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2021 4:51 PM

R2 Corrie is more popular than EE in the UK; so is Emmerdale.

In fact, more recently, there have been weeks when one or even two episodes of EE don't make it into the Top 50 shows of the week.

For the last reported week of consolidated ratings (December 6-12) -- Six episodes of Corrie averaged 5.18 million viewers. Six episodes of Emmerdale averaged 4.65 million viewers. EE's average for two episodes came in at 3.54 million viewers, but the average for the week would be lower, since two of the episodes didn't make it into the Top 50 report, which means both of those episodes were something at or below 3.26 million, since that was the cut-off number for No. 50 that week.

Consolidated ratings include the sum of: Live Broadcast + Viewing on Same Day As Live + Time-Shifted.

by Anonymousreply 11December 25, 2021 10:02 PM

I haven’t watched since last year when weird little Scarlett turned up at the playground. Janine hadn’t quite reappeared.

Now I hear Gray has another baby and Danny Dyer is leaving for ITV?

Someone watch me up.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2022 6:47 AM

*catch me up.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2022 6:48 AM

Sharon finally lost weight, out of black and changed her hair, she looks soo much better! I could see Keanu banging her bush the way she looks NOW!

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2022 2:07 PM

OP darl I really wouldn’t bother.

Watch a different Brit soap, or better yet go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2022 2:18 PM

What happened to Ian and Kathy? Are they still around?

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2022 2:59 PM

Ian disappeared after Sharon tried to poison him. Kathy is still dropping her lank hair into people's bacon sarnies at the caff and sounding like a proper bloke with that raspy voice!

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2022 3:40 PM

Where is Sharon?

Who is the mix-race girl living with Nancy’s fiancée?

by Anonymousreply 18April 30, 2022 7:59 AM

Dot smoked her last fag.

by Anonymousreply 19April 30, 2022 10:24 AM

[quote] What is the deal made between Martin and Zach?

It had something to do with when and how often Zach gets to top Martin, but I've forgotten the details.

by Anonymousreply 20April 30, 2022 10:40 AM

Why did Sharee go back to Trinidad last fall? She just decided to divorce Patrick?

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2022 1:35 AM

📢 📢 📢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2022 5:08 AM

Ben’s gay rage is the worst storyline the show has ever had imo. Acting like London is Khartoum or something. And now he’s going to get raped? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2022 5:27 AM

Male rape is an important issue, especially for the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2022 11:54 AM

It turns out that Dirty Den is the father of Michelle's baby, Pauline and Arthur are on the rocks as he's a depressed loser, and Kathy is raped by James Willmott-Brown.

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2022 12:00 PM

Damn, so many non-answers. You’d think I asked for the moon.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2022 12:19 PM

Go smoke a fag, r26.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2022 12:57 PM

Carters minus Lee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2022 7:24 PM

Danny Dyer is soooo fucking miserable in his current pointless storylines, details of which I will not discuss here.

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2022 8:46 PM

Well Ben has now been sexually assaulted.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2022 12:53 AM

Ben and Callum need to go away for a while to recharge. His story since he turned vigilante has been shit and this sexual assault, impressively, makes it even worse.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2022 1:22 AM

Kellie Bright (Linda) has confirmed that she'll be staying on the show even after Dyer exits.

Hopefully, that leads them to consider recasting Johnny and having him return at some point down the line.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2022 5:41 AM

Thank god Lola is finally being written out-actually killed off if media reports are to be believed. Apparently she’s just one of several being pushed out the door. I hope the others will be all the Taylors, Stuart, Rainie, Dotty and Rocky,

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2022 3:17 AM

Don’t agree, R33. The Taylors are among my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2022 4:12 PM

I don’t see Karen and Mitch going anywhere. Karen is comic relief, Mitch is a talk-to for half the cast. The fat daughter is dispensable though.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2022 4:14 PM

Well, Mitch ain't goin' anywhere.

It was just announced that it's his family that's being extended, with an estranged brother and two nephews showing up.

News w/ photo at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2022 10:27 PM

I last watched EE in the late '80s, when I had a crush on Simon Wickes. What have I missed since then?

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2022 2:50 AM

R37 The Classic Breakfast at the caf now goes for £6.90, but they have free wifi.

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2022 7:44 AM

It's really difficult to give a catch-up on several months of a soap - it would be easier if you would ask specific questions.

Broadly, in terms of the major storylines over the past few months there has been Gray finally being rumbled as a serial killer, and being arrested. Bernie selling her baby to Stuart and Rainie but Stuart hates the baby and wants to give him back, Linda was still boozing but is now trying to get sober and win Mick back from Janine, Ben and Callum were victims of a homophobic attack so Ben went vigilante and starting beating up random straights including his own nephew Peter, and then he got flirty with Lewis the Irish barman at Kathy's gay bar and went back to his flat for sex but had second thoughts when Callum sent him a photo of him and his daughter but Lewis pinned him down and fucked him anyway - portrayed as rape basically but Callum found out and assumed Ben had just cheated on him so dumped his sorry ass.

Sam Mitchell came back into it and is doing Phil's dirty work for him while he's behind bars, she's blackmailed Denise into stumping up the money Phil gave her so they can buy the club. Jean went absolutely off the rails with her bi polar and tried to drown herself in the sea, she was sectioned but Stacey took her out of the mental hospital and was looking after her at home but Jean thought she was trying to kill her so would only let Lily look after her, who she told had bi polar too so Lily started taking Lithium and poisoned herself with it but was fine, Jean pushed Stacey and she cut herself on some broken bottles and then she passed out in the street. That's all I know so far as I'm not fully up to date myself (have a couple of weeks to catch up on) - apparently Charles and Camilla appear at some point.

Isaac went off to Trinidad to look after Sheree who'd allegedly had a heart attack and Lola found out he was dating someone else via social media.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2022 9:26 AM

Thanks, R39, but I was re-watching by then.

Question:Why did Sharee leave Patrick ?

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2022 2:21 PM

Pauline Fowler had the hatchet face. How did Wendy Richard manage to age about 100 years between AYBS and EE?

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2022 2:30 PM

You've been caught up pretty well. I have been home with the Covid the last nine days. (It was like a middling flu, double boosted here) and caught up on Eastenders (Britbox), watched the Jubilee with YouTube, legally and apparently illegal livestreams, and restarted Coronation Street today with the most current episode. Watching now. I'm not bothering to catch up. It's a soap.

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2022 2:43 PM

I watch EastEnders on my local PBS station in the US. We're a little behind. On Sunday they showed the episode where everyone things Sanjay and Michelle are fucking, but in reality he's teaching her how to drive. Am I nearly caught up?

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2022 2:47 PM

BTW Corrie dealt with male rape several years ago. David was raped.

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2022 3:06 PM

Lou Beale was a dragon. Totally toxic character.

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote] I watch EastEnders on my local PBS station in the US.

R43 There's still a PBS station in the U.S. that does that? Which one? .. A January 2022 article in the "Washington Post" had a statement from the BBC indicating that they were finally discontinuing that for the very few PBS affiliates in the U.S. that were still airing it.

[quote] In an email, a BBC spokeswoman wrote: “The ‘EastEnders’ episodes that have been carried by just a few public television stations in the U.S. are over 10 years behind current episodes playing out in the U.K., and it is no longer economically viable to provide episodes at this broadcast cadence. We are exploring new distribution models for the U.S. market. We are aware this is disappointing news for fans.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2022 8:28 PM

Sheree left Patrick because she was a fucking awful character. Thank god Isaac is gone, too.

by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2022 8:36 PM

R43, where in the US do you still get old episodes on PBS? I think they’ve all been pulled by now.

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2022 8:38 PM

The 10 years behind thing was insane. I go back and watch 80s episodes on Daily motion. God, it was so good back then. And Lo Beal was not horrible, she was a strong working class matriarch.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2022 12:19 AM

Rainie, Uncle Fester and their baybee Bernie (and Big Bernie) all need to exit stage left

Jean has really overstayed and overacted enough. A tragic end is fitting.

I like Sam Mitchell being back so far.

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2022 12:30 AM

They need a sprinkling of elderly "lovable" characters. They got rid of all of them. Maybe says something about society today.

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2022 12:33 AM

I totally agree about Rainie and Uncle Fester. Tanya Franks is a good actress but I fast forward through all her scenes because her character is exhausting to watch. And Uncle Fester is so fugly it’s painful. I do have a feeling they’re on the new executive producer’s hit list.

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2022 12:35 AM

Yes, agree on Tanya Franks, I’ve seen her in other things and she’s good but this character is unrelentingly dreary.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2022 12:38 AM

I think Jay is the cutest. He should get with Collum as the new boyfriend. Why not, he could be pan. He's gone with much older women.

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2022 12:38 AM

Oh, that Janine! I think Linda won’t remember what really happened for a few months, though.

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2022 1:15 AM

Lol Janine is such a lizard not getting the baby out. That’s what we call “hardboiled.”

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2022 1:18 AM

Great scenes with Janine and Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2022 2:46 AM

Sheree left Patrick because she was a complete bitch - Patrick said she should go to Trinidad alone to give Isaac some space because she was controlling him too much and she snapped and tricked him into signing over the salon and then just fucked off there alone after taking her wedding ring off. I was glad to see the back of her, she was a nasty piece of work and Patrick is way too nice for her.

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2022 9:31 AM

Thank god fugly Uncle Fester has been finally axed. I’m also fine with Dana and Jada going, too. I hope Peter gets to be in a storyline where he presents his hole on an Only Fans site before his exit.

by Anonymousreply 59June 11, 2022 4:22 AM

Stuart was irritating from the moment he showed up. He's gone through so many character changes, bad guy, good guy, bad guy again recently (I mean he hates his baby son and might injure him) that he's unbelievable and unrelatable. Good riddance. I guess his obnoxious grandmother goes too.

Peter had no real story line, he is only eye candy. I wouldn't mind him having a little bicurious action with Jay before he lives. Jay is my new fascination on Eastenders. He needs to become pan and polyandrous to truly bring EE into the 2020s. Come out for Pride month Jay!

by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2022 9:04 AM

Kim is the best character. I could watch her all day.

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2022 9:16 AM

The actress who plays Kim is amazing. Such a hard role to get right but she does it. I hope she gets another real story soon.

Any word on when Phil is coming back full-time? It's definitely boring without him and I would like to see the inevitable triangle with him/Sharon/Kat sooner rather than later.

I won't miss Stuart but I'm glad Rainie is sticking around.

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2022 1:47 PM

Stuart should have been written out after six months but the actor was apparently a huge favorite with the cast and crew so the writers twisted his stories into a pretzel to keep him there. I think killing him off would be an appropriate way to finally give him his comeuppance for being such a creepy bastard those first six months.

by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2022 2:44 PM

Awww, this is so great. Tish looks fucking amazing and so does Anita Dobson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 12, 2022 4:01 PM

Why is Sharon so fat? She should've trimmed down when they trimmed the title from "The EastEnders" to "EastEnders."

by Anonymousreply 65June 12, 2022 6:27 PM

R65, she’s lost an easy 3 stone in the past year. She used to be much, much bigger.

by Anonymousreply 66June 12, 2022 6:39 PM

Yeah, during Sharon's affair with Keanu, they used to always dress Letitia in these black hefty bag outfits - black for a slimming effect and loose to not reveal her actual silhouette - and that was even before the character became pregnant, which then worked with her actual weight.

Letitia looks great now.

by Anonymousreply 67June 12, 2022 9:59 PM

They still haven't figured out what they're actually going to do about writing Mick out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 12, 2022 11:30 PM

R68’s link is a bummer. Even if they had chemistry (they DO NOT!), Janine is wasted on Mick because he’s going “soon.” That’s a crackerjack character caught in stasis romantically though Janine vs Sharon/Linda is good fun in the meantime. Still don’t see a storyline that has Linda not going with Mick in the black cab he uses to exit the Square (they’ve said they’re not killing him off).

by Anonymousreply 69June 13, 2022 1:45 AM

R69 It's my understanding that the report that Kellie Bright (Linda) will still be around after Dyer exits comes from her recent interview with "Inside Soap" magazine (subscription-based), as that's what other media sources such as Digital Spy and Radio Times are quoting. See the DS article at link as an example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 13, 2022 10:34 AM

Does Linda inherit the Vick? She's partial owner, right? That's probably a mistake. Linda's a weak and not very sympathetic character and the Vick traditionally has been one of centers or core of Eastenders. It has not been that way lately. They need to restore that. Perhaps younger owners would better, a real passing on Eastenders to the next generation.

by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2022 10:47 AM

Letitia looks like she been watching her old exercise DVDs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 13, 2022 11:44 AM

They could have Linda and Nancy running the Vic, then recast Johnny to join them. He could run the business side of the pub in between his lawyering. In fact, wasn't that the focus of the job he went to in Manchester? Accounting? Perhaps a hot boyfriend could tag along and takeover the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 73June 13, 2022 8:09 PM

Nancy is as interesting as as Robbie Fowler

by Anonymousreply 74June 13, 2022 8:20 PM

Nancy is such a sour cunt. Boyfriend has a great body but wasn’t a sufficient replacement for Kush. I sort of hate that EE only allows two conventionally hot men on canvas at any given time. (Currently, Zack and Peter)

by Anonymousreply 75June 13, 2022 9:24 PM

Peter looks okay, but I don't find him that hot.

by Anonymousreply 76June 13, 2022 9:44 PM

Why did Kathy say to Lewis “Nobody likes you”? I thought he was well-liked.

by Anonymousreply 77June 15, 2022 10:51 PM

R77, I think that they sort of set that up with Peter’s line a scene previous mentioning that Lewis sexually harassed him. I agree that even with that Kathy’s line came out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 78June 15, 2022 11:02 PM

Does Peter have blond pubes?

by Anonymousreply 79June 15, 2022 11:15 PM

Great to see Letitia Dean win the Outstanding Achievement award. She may not be the show's best actress but she is terrific with the right material and is a real backbone of the show.

Lovely that Anita Dobson presented it too. Pity Leslie Grantham couldn't be there with her.

Sorry to learn Letitia a dad passed so recently. She seemed super nervous on stage but her weight loss is terrific!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 16, 2022 4:11 PM

Where has the sexy Adam Woodyatt been hiding himself? Is he still with the show?

by Anonymousreply 81June 16, 2022 4:16 PM

AW is on an extended break but as far as I know he’s planned to return.

by Anonymousreply 82June 16, 2022 4:22 PM

Oh...seeing Letitia and Anita together just made me cry a bit.

by Anonymousreply 83June 16, 2022 4:25 PM

Why did Wendy Richard always seem so bitter? Nobody liked her. She was tolerated, at best.

by Anonymousreply 84June 16, 2022 4:45 PM

Wendy Richard got shit storyline in her last years. She hated her exit storyline where she became a vindictive old witch.

by Anonymousreply 85June 16, 2022 4:53 PM

R81 In an interview published last week, Woodyatt sounded rather apathetic about returning, responding to the question with:

[quote] No. [I've] genuinely got no idea. They've not asked, I've not asked them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 16, 2022 8:14 PM

Wendy Richard was fired because she was an unbearable cunt to the production staff as well as the writing team. I do think she had a right to feel that Pauline should remain unmarried and without a man after Arthur died. Instead they saddled her with Jeff (Melanie’s dad) and wasn’t there an episode or two where the Slater dad showed an interest? And then they married her off to Joe Macer, who was quite a wimp (until he grew some balls and thumped her with a frying pan). She would probably been OK with Pauline marrying her gay friend Derek as a sort of companion. Anyway Richard treated the higher ups like shit and they finally retaliated by making Pauline a bitter and vindictive old bitch before killing her off.

by Anonymousreply 87June 17, 2022 12:00 AM

Sam is so hard-looking. I find her repulsive which is strange because she's clearly an attractive woman....must be something about the character and styling that really doesn't sit right. The scene with her and Zack was gross as hell and I'm not looking forward to hearing Nancy wail about it once she finds out. Sam will of course taunt Sharon with it ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 88June 17, 2022 1:50 PM

Sam is a bimbo

by Anonymousreply 89June 17, 2022 2:03 PM

Is Danielle Westbrook still busted looking?

by Anonymousreply 90June 17, 2022 2:55 PM

Yes R90 although she was never a beauty. Kim is a lot classier and elegant

by Anonymousreply 91June 17, 2022 3:00 PM

R9i0 This is from April.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 17, 2022 7:54 PM

Jessie Wallace apparently assaulted a police officer in the early hours of Sunday morning. This sort of thing seems to be a habit with her. She’s trash.

by Anonymousreply 93June 21, 2022 2:55 AM

Wow, R93. She was suspended a few years back for being too drunk at a Christmas party or awards show party--either way, imagine what she must have pulled to get punished considering how lax those environments are??? Sounds like she needs to stop drinking for good. Very rare to slap a cop in the middle of the night without being drunk and/or on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 94June 21, 2022 4:01 AM

It's going to require a major rewrite of story lines if they kick her off.

by Anonymousreply 95June 21, 2022 8:42 AM

Good. Especially if it means breaking up Phil and Kat for good. That’s one of the worst pairings in soap history. Neither the actors or characters had any chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 96June 21, 2022 2:50 PM

She gets a warning.

[quote] "Senior bosses have spoken to Jessie Wallace about the incident and issued a clear warning that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable and Jessie has expressed her deep regret," a BBC spokesperson told Digital Spy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 22, 2022 8:17 PM

Barbara Windsor apparently told her off years ago for her crappy behaviour.

She's a good actress but sounds like special treatment

by Anonymousreply 98June 22, 2022 8:27 PM

Wallace’s character is very popular.

by Anonymousreply 99June 22, 2022 9:09 PM

June Brown told her off, too. You can tell it happened some time before this clip. She looks absolutely stone faced while the other cast members look thrilled for her. And she won’t crack a smile even when the others are howling over Brown’s crack about the writers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 22, 2022 9:24 PM

When Phil gets a look at the slimmed down, gorgeous Sharon, big Kat will be out on her ear. Letitia and McFadden actually have great chemistry together.

by Anonymousreply 101June 22, 2022 10:49 PM

They do. But I want Sharon to finally grow a brain and realize that Phil is far more responsible for Denny’s death than Ian ever was.

by Anonymousreply 102June 22, 2022 11:05 PM

True R102 maybe she was planning to set Phil up for Ian's murder but got distracted?!

by Anonymousreply 103June 23, 2022 4:25 AM

Phil and Sharon were in on Ian's murder together. Off-camera they buried the hatchet and allied to take down Ian...it was an awesome twist, imo, because they were dismissive if not hostile with each other for months in the lead-up to the poison pasta. I don't think Sharon blames Phil at all.

by Anonymousreply 104June 23, 2022 4:27 AM

Then she’s an idiot. Because the explosion on the boat was Phil’s fault.

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2022 2:13 PM

Is there any Jay and Ben slash fiction out there?

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2022 2:35 PM

The boat crashed, not exploded.

It was a great Christmas twist but I was joking maybe Sharon planned to expose Phil as Ian's killer after he bludgeoned him. It is dumb she doesn't blame him as much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 23, 2022 6:08 PM

Bye bye, Nancy. The actress wanted to leave after just one year. Oh well. I liked her a lot although her storylines for her return were shitty.

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2022 2:17 AM

Is she off to Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2022 9:25 AM

I think the number of people leaving the show is not good for it. You need some stability to form an emotional interest.

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2022 9:29 AM

Nancy’s storylines were getting sterilized, getting run over (“knocked down”), getting dicked down, getting robbed, and crying about her drunk mother. I don’t really blame the actress for leaving. Won’t miss her.

by Anonymousreply 111June 24, 2022 9:46 AM

Bring fat Pat back from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 112June 24, 2022 12:31 PM

Instead of fat Pat, they're apparently giving us a non-binary drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2022 4:48 PM

R113, I really hope you’re kidding.

by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2022 7:20 PM

They’re giving us Mitch’s brother and two nephews (Felix and Finlay) which is definitely something we didn’t need.

by Anonymousreply 115June 24, 2022 9:45 PM

I assume at least one of the nephews will be hot with Peter leaving. One hot one out, one hot one in.

Anyhow, I'm finding EE almost unwatchable currently. Mick is still a huge part of the show even though he announced his departure in what feels like 2017. It's very odd. Linda has had the same story for what feels like a decade. Max and Ian are in the wind. Phil is in jail.

Sharon is still going strong, though, and keeps me tuning in.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2022 12:17 AM

R116 The nephews are shown in the photo link at R36.

by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2022 12:22 AM

Thanks r117. I'm guessing yellow jacket will have a slamming body like Isaac.

by Anonymousreply 118June 25, 2022 12:25 AM

Thank god Tanya Franks is also going. She was utterly exhausting to watch. But she deserves kudos for having to act with fuggo Uncle Fester day after day.

by Anonymousreply 119June 29, 2022 12:27 AM

R119 LOL!

by Anonymousreply 120June 29, 2022 12:48 AM

Pauline was so mean to Kathy in the episode I just watched on my local PBS station. She laced into Kathy for knowing about Arthur's affair with Mrs. Hewitt and not telling her. She read Kathy to filth, and Kathy just stood there like a doormat at took it. Pauline can be such a monster. I do hope she forgives Arthur, since Arthur and Pauline are my favorite couple. How long does Mark's wife Ruth last? I can't understand a word the actress, Caroline Patterson, says, and she's such a pill.

by Anonymousreply 121June 29, 2022 2:36 AM

She doesn’t last all that long, R121.

by Anonymousreply 122June 30, 2022 12:25 AM

News of a location shoot where it looks like Philth is the one who goes after Lewis the Rapist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2022 12:38 AM

How ridiculous yet predicable they set Kat up as the new boss of Phil's empire just to give the actress something to do. The writers really don't give Sharon enough to do, no way would she be spoken to like that "Why is it everyone around you ends up dead or vanishing into thin air?" Sharon should have ripped her head off.

The Phil/Kat storyline needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 124June 30, 2022 1:35 AM

Completely agree, r124. Despite Sharon's legendary status, Kat is the show's leading lady and I'm struggling to understand why. Is the actress/character really that popular? I actually enjoy Kat but enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 125June 30, 2022 1:55 AM

I hate Kathy’s gruff voice and her predictable acting.

I want more Sharon. She’s a genuine soap matriarch.

by Anonymousreply 126June 30, 2022 2:26 AM

Sam has grown a brain R125

by Anonymousreply 127June 30, 2022 4:22 AM

Sharon is finally in colored garments! They just need to fix her makeup. Ridiculous Phil would turf her out on Kat's say so.

Kat is seen as the best actress but Sharon is the fan favourite, make more use of her!

by Anonymousreply 128June 30, 2022 4:24 AM

Like how does the money/time with all of these businesses work? Sharon is running the gym but then had some sort of role with the club and the chicken shops....so she hired staff for the gym to give her time for the Phil shit but now it's oopsies and the new staff is out? I don't know, it's all so vague. It bothers me.

On a separate note, the amount of exits recently is shocking. It's approaching reboot territory.

by Anonymousreply 129July 1, 2022 1:06 AM

It's a real bore

by Anonymousreply 130July 1, 2022 5:44 PM

R114 Nope. It's now confirmed that the drag queen is happening. Ax expected, it's the Baker nephew, Felix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 1, 2022 7:11 PM

June Brown died this past April, RIP Dot.

by Anonymousreply 132July 1, 2022 7:15 PM

Are they doing a tribute episode to June?

by Anonymousreply 133July 1, 2022 7:22 PM

I was watching Eastenders on PBS for a very long time. They were about 8-10 years behind!

For some unknown reason, the BBC, they apparently own the rights to US distribution, pulled the plug months ago.

Is there anywhere online I can watch the series for free? I pay enough for cable, I sure won't pay for Britbox.

by Anonymousreply 134July 1, 2022 7:35 PM

R134, Daily Motion is your friend though I don't know if they have eps going back a decade. For new ones, yes.

by Anonymousreply 135July 1, 2022 8:00 PM

[quote] For some unknown reason, the BBC, they apparently own the rights to US distribution, pulled the plug months ago.

The BBC produces the show, so of course, they own the rights for distribution ... anywhere. And only about three or four PBS affiliates still ran these old episodes. That's why they pulled the plug.

[quote] In an email, a BBC spokeswoman wrote: “The ‘EastEnders’ episodes that have been carried by just a few public television stations in the U.S. are over 10 years behind current episodes playing out in the U.K., and it is no longer economically viable to provide episodes at this broadcast cadence. We are exploring new distribution models for the U.S. market. We are aware this is disappointing news for fans.”

My feeling is they MIGHT be telling the truth and could be exploring putting the episodes from around the time they cut you off on Britbox or somewhere else for streaming. .. During the production lockdown due to the pandemic, the BBC tried to satisfy current UK viewers by putting what they called "Eastenders 2008" on their streaming service. They'd put up four episodes per week. This initial year was then followed with "Eastenders 2009," and they just began with "Eastenders 2010." So with this effort, they now have over two years of the old show already formatted and ready-to-go for streaming. Why they haven't put these years on Britbox would be the question, since it pretty much matches up with the era where they cut U.S. viewers off who were still watching on PBS.

by Anonymousreply 136July 1, 2022 8:30 PM

Tara Misu is a really lame drag name.

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2022 8:41 PM

Someone at EE must have liked the Anita Tinkle story on Hollyoaks.

The question might be, who will be the "straight" guy in Walford who falls in love Tara Misu and wants to fuck her?

Martin might be believable.

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2022 8:54 PM

I an watching Eastenders from the start, am now up to Jan 1988. Much better than today. This has got to be one of the low points. There are no "iconic" actors. The relationships are shallow and unbelievable. It occured to me that people had more depth and better deeper relationships in the past. So today's EE simply represents the present because that's all the writers know.

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2022 9:20 PM

^ I am watching it on Daily Motion.

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2022 9:21 PM

In the 5 years I’ve watched Hollyoaks has had many bad stories but Anita Tinkle and Simone’s doctor son’s love story (can’t remember his name; hated the character) was perhaps the worst.

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2022 9:54 PM

IIRC, when Eastenders was first shown on PBS, in order to catch up with the UK showings, PBS aired it either every night or a few nights a week for months. It was so long ago, I can barely remember.

by Anonymousreply 142July 2, 2022 12:25 AM

I don't think broadcasting EE was ever a national thing for PBS. As I recall, only about 25 (out of 300+) affiliates carried EE at some point, and each of them put it on when and how they wanted. It never seemed uniform. When in the L.A. area, I don't remember KCET ever airing it. Meanwhile, the KOCE affiliate tired various schedules with the show. They even cancelled it once, then brought it back, They finally ran four episodes like an omnibus on Sunday afternoon. I remember some ex-pats in the area used to go to a British pub-type restaurant and watch it there on a big screen TV in a banquet room. That PBS affiliate gave it up many years ago.

I think EE was also on BBC America for awhile, but was cancelled due to low viewership. DISH satellite TV also tried to air EE in the U.S. as a special PPV selection. Again, it was given up due to low subscriber interest.

by Anonymousreply 143July 2, 2022 4:47 AM

Kat Slater would be a fine actress if not for the squawking.

by Anonymousreply 144July 2, 2022 7:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 4, 2022 9:25 PM

He was on tonight’s episodes. Good looking guy but I hate long hair tied up in a bun. So 2007.

by Anonymousreply 146July 4, 2022 11:57 PM

New guy is really hot.

by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2022 12:27 AM

[quote] Despite Ravi's seemingly charming and charismatic personality, not all is as it seems as viewers will soon discover that he is willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants.

Every time I read that old chestnut about a new character, I can't help but laugh and think, "Oh really? .. How 'bout G4P?"

by Anonymousreply 148July 5, 2022 12:35 AM

^ It's 2024 doll, so maybe.

by Anonymousreply 149July 5, 2022 1:56 AM

Well OF COURSE Phil is still alive. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 150July 8, 2022 7:11 PM

RIP Mona Hammond, who played Blossom Jackson. A stalwart of Black British theatre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 8, 2022 7:19 PM

Alfie’s coming back. Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin for the hideously awful Phil/Kat pairing.

by Anonymousreply 152July 8, 2022 8:45 PM

R152, that’s majuh news! With Sharon telling Phil she loves him (those scenes were incredible—felt like a return to form) AND Alfie back in the mix, Kat and Phil won’t last.

by Anonymousreply 153July 8, 2022 11:44 PM

Alfie is returning. ugh.

by Anonymousreply 154July 9, 2022 12:01 AM

Alfie is returning, yay!

by Anonymousreply 155July 9, 2022 12:04 AM

Phil's return has been mixed for me. I loved the scene with him and Sharon almost reuniting but didn't understand him flipping out about Grant calling. She. Thought. Phil. Was. Dead. Of course she would call his brother! Then Kat takes Phil back even though she rejected him when he said the same things maybe 12 hours previously. I guess they may go for a quad with Alfie/Sharon working together to break up P/K and then catching feelings but honestly the characters are easily 20 years too old for a wacky scheme like that. Maybe 30 years too old.

by Anonymousreply 156July 13, 2022 3:06 AM

^ I'm watching from Britbox and am about three weeks behind in my viewing so all I can say is "WTF"!

by Anonymousreply 157July 13, 2022 10:29 AM

R20 As I recall the deal was Martin will bottom for Zach 80/20 (much like his percentage agreement with Kush), as long as when Martin gets to take control, Zach isn't a totally drunk and sloppy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 158July 19, 2022 8:25 PM

Peter exits, after which he finally does something interesting! .. Poor Kathy's discovery made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 159July 20, 2022 1:03 AM

Will we ever find out if Suki swallowed Peter’s joy juice?

by Anonymousreply 160July 20, 2022 2:05 AM

I'm going to start ffwing through Ben scenes. I'm so bored of him getting hot dick thrown at him constantly despite his soft, untoned body and nasty face. His new crystal meth arc holds dim promise but only if the actor commits to losing weight for it, but you know that won't happen. I'm struggling to find anything to enjoy on the show right now other than Sharon and Martin. Tish is always watchable and I just like Martin even though he hasn't had a story in over a year.

by Anonymousreply 161July 20, 2022 4:13 AM

When it comes to Ben, I've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 162July 20, 2022 5:36 AM

Tamara Empson remains the only reason to keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 163July 20, 2022 5:53 AM

That new ginger in Walford is HAWT.

by Anonymousreply 164July 20, 2022 6:15 PM

New twink arriving to play Freddie Slater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 24, 2022 5:12 AM

I used to have the hots for his dad Jeff Brazier but he’s lost his looks in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 166July 25, 2022 2:55 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 25, 2022 10:43 PM

^^^ Flip-flops .. lol

by Anonymousreply 168July 25, 2022 10:49 PM

His dad Jeff wears flip flops a lot. I’ve pleasured myself often seeing him in them in Hello! magazine.

by Anonymousreply 169July 26, 2022 1:29 PM

They're doing a made-up 1979 flashback episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 28, 2022 6:33 AM

The casting looks good for that. Young Grant is a looker.

by Anonymousreply 171July 28, 2022 3:15 PM

Ben Mitchell may be killed off.

by Anonymousreply 172August 1, 2022 8:09 AM

God, I hope so. Kill him off like his half sister Donna, choked to death on his own puke.

by Anonymousreply 173August 1, 2022 7:56 PM

At this point that would not be a bad thing.

But we still see Ben in the upcoming location shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 1, 2022 7:58 PM

Well alll I can say is Sharon is looking the best she has for years! Glad for the lovely Tish

by Anonymousreply 175August 1, 2022 9:22 PM

Well, at least she’s not looking like a beached whale anymore unlike that Aussie cow who played Therese on Neighbours.

by Anonymousreply 176August 2, 2022 2:38 AM

I watched the penultimate episode of Neighbours for the hell of it. I nearly fainted upon realising that was Rebekah Elmaloglou.

by Anonymousreply 177August 2, 2022 3:47 AM

And she’s looked like that for YEARS. I don’t get why the producers never threatened her to lose weight or they’d fire her.

by Anonymousreply 178August 2, 2022 1:29 PM

Who R178?

by Anonymousreply 179August 2, 2022 6:57 PM

Rebekah Elmersglu.

She played a sort of equivalent of Sharon on Neighbors and looked like Miss Piggy.

by Anonymousreply 180August 2, 2022 7:20 PM

She was a hot teenager in Home And Away.

I had the same reaction to seeing her in Neighbours for the first time in decade that I had to realising the sweaty, rotund ham in Gladiator was the formerly young and beautiful David Hemmings.

by Anonymousreply 181August 2, 2022 7:53 PM

That dress they had her in didn't do her any favors. The material looked "thick" on camera, and the way it wrapped and came together made her stomach look even bigger. And the long sleeves paired with the above the knee length only highlighted how short she is (5 ft).

by Anonymousreply 182August 2, 2022 8:25 PM

No way was that Sophie! Wasn't she a pinup of the early 90s?!

by Anonymousreply 183August 2, 2022 8:26 PM

She was. She was adorable. And now she’s a fat pig. But they never seemed to care on Neighbours.

by Anonymousreply 184August 2, 2022 8:36 PM

Current version of Peter Beale is worse than his father. He has all of Ian Beale’s sliminess, plus extra entitlement, extra arrogance and no of his redemptive qualities. He’s not even hot enough or a good enough actor to make it work.

by Anonymousreply 185August 7, 2022 7:58 AM

Too Tall Peter has left the square.

by Anonymousreply 186August 7, 2022 8:50 AM

I don't blame the actor, sounds like they have him nothing good to get his teeth into. Plus Peter was always the kind one of that family, Lucy and Steven were the menaces.

I wonder if the current Peter actor will try for a career like former Peter (Ben Hardy). He will have to get his cock and arse out too

by Anonymousreply 187August 7, 2022 9:36 AM

He’ll certainly try for a career like Hardy but I doubt he’ll have as much success.

by Anonymousreply 188August 7, 2022 4:32 PM

New kid playing Amy as of next week. Thank god, that kid who played her was awful.

by Anonymousreply 189August 8, 2022 2:25 PM

Sid Owen is returning as Ricky. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 190August 15, 2022 1:37 AM

If Ben really is ending things with Callum once and for all, then since Stuart is exiting, I could see Callum following suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 20, 2022 9:17 PM

Thank god I’ll never have to suffer through looking at Stuart’s godawful fugly face ever again on this show.

by Anonymousreply 192August 27, 2022 3:34 AM

I was looking at the ratings last week and noticed the huge drop in viewers. The media picked up on this as well. About a month ago, the consolidated ratings were generally hovering around the 3 million mark, but during the last reported period the average was closer to 2.6 million. .. From the BBC positive spin response, it sounds like the main purpose of the soap is to serve as a gateway show to other material on iPlayer.

Also haven't heard anything about the "new Northern soap" they said was being developed over a year ago. What's up with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 27, 2022 8:10 PM

The news says Dot Cotton's death will be covered toward the end of year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 28, 2022 1:13 AM

It will probably happen the week after the World Cup concludes. It’s also the week before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 195August 28, 2022 3:56 AM

Bobby Brazier, a model and the son of the late UK reality star Jade Goody, will make his debut on the show next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 30, 2022 8:13 AM

Today's episode.

by Anonymousreply 197September 6, 2022 2:04 AM

I guess tonight’s episode will be cancelled-and maybe all of next week’s?

Bobby Brazier is hot as hell but obviously mixed race. Are they going to retcon Little Mo’s rape, having it turn out to be a Black man? Are they doing a Secrets & Lies type storyline for Christmas? I hope Kacey Ainsworth will deign to come back for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 198September 8, 2022 4:55 PM

Speculation if the Queen Vic gets changed to the Queen Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 199September 10, 2022 6:20 PM

Wonder if Keeble, Kat, Freddie, Bert and Ernie will all make it through the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 200September 11, 2022 1:31 AM

I hope Sam’s ex in Spain is hot.

by Anonymousreply 201September 11, 2022 3:01 AM

The QE2 tribute scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 13, 2022 1:30 AM

The QE2 tribute scene reminded me of Lucy and Ricky chatting about their Phillip Morris cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 203September 13, 2022 2:12 AM

That stuff in the church was bad. Those extras were awful-and who the fuck were they supposed to be, anyway? Friends of Kat and Phil? I hate when soaps do this.

by Anonymousreply 204September 15, 2022 12:54 AM

But, how Sam: "I have no idea what you're saying." Jean: "As soon as possible."

by Anonymousreply 205September 15, 2022 2:11 AM

That was funny.

by Anonymousreply 206September 15, 2022 4:50 PM

Janine is knocked up? Oy.

by Anonymousreply 207September 22, 2022 1:50 AM

Janine is exiting.

[quote] Bosses have pulled out all the stops to make sure Janine’s exit is a corker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 28, 2022 3:55 AM

So did big Kat get 'itched?

by Anonymousreply 209October 2, 2022 8:11 PM

No, Alfie’s shenanigans kept her from getting to the church on time.

by Anonymousreply 210October 2, 2022 9:20 PM

Can't stand that turd Alfie.

by Anonymousreply 211October 2, 2022 9:29 PM

Anyone seen the beautiful new boy Bobby Brazier playing Freddie Slater. 🤤🤤🤤

by Anonymousreply 212October 2, 2022 10:12 PM

He is beautiful but when he opens his mouth to speak he sounds mentally challenged.

by Anonymousreply 213October 3, 2022 9:26 PM

Sharon looks amazing now she's slimmed and into colours. She just needs a storyline that's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 214October 4, 2022 6:07 PM

I do think she needs to pay for poisoning Ian, though. A Sharon behind bars storyline could be fun.

by Anonymousreply 215October 4, 2022 6:39 PM

Off-topic: Is the new "Northern soap" still in development? Or did the BBC decide to shelve that?

by Anonymousreply 216October 6, 2022 7:01 PM

Is Pat Butcher still on the game?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 6, 2022 7:38 PM

Pat Butcher is sucking Jimmy Carville’s cock in hell. Harlot.

by Anonymousreply 218October 7, 2022 11:39 PM

Jimmy Corkhill?!

by Anonymousreply 219October 7, 2022 11:51 PM

Him, too.

by Anonymousreply 220October 8, 2022 1:21 AM

And Jimmy Savile. That’s who I meant originally.

James Carville is a hideous looking but well meaning Democrat strategist.

by Anonymousreply 221October 8, 2022 1:22 AM

Good news that Barry, Colin and Disa are returning for Dot’s funeral but no Nigel and Claire? I think Adam Woodyatt will film something in secret, though.

by Anonymousreply 222October 11, 2022 10:11 PM

They could do something with Ian like they did with Simon showing up at Pat's grave in an epilogue to the episode (post-credits).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 12, 2022 6:28 AM

I think they might go that route, R223.

by Anonymousreply 224October 18, 2022 7:32 PM

Wow, Sid Owen looks like shit. And what’s with his eyes, he looks almost like Billy and Honey’s kid Janet.

In other news good night, Dot.

by Anonymousreply 225December 2, 2022 12:44 AM

Dotty was a little cunt and I’m glad she’s gone. Horrible send-off by homo script writer Daran Little.

Did I miss the bit where it turned out she was really Nick’s daughter and not Rocky’s?

by Anonymousreply 226December 17, 2022 11:43 PM

R226 I remember Rocky telling Dotty that she couldn't be his daughter happened in the same episode that Mick said goodbye to his daughter, Frankie (September).

by Anonymousreply 227December 18, 2022 6:57 PM

Sharon looked terrific in last night's episode, a total change from last year

by Anonymousreply 228December 24, 2022 4:10 PM

I want to suck Keanu right in the middle of the Square

by Anonymousreply 229December 24, 2022 4:33 PM

Good for Sharon losing all that weight. There are times when think she almost looks too thin! .. But I think she needs a different hairstyle, because that straight, long (fake) hair works to drag her face down. .. And the dark spray-on tan opposite that shade of blonde is a bit much, like she's always back from holiday. .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 230December 24, 2022 7:35 PM

R230 I agree, the hair is too long. I liked the shorter style she had a few years ago below. It's a curse when heavier people lose weight and appear a bit gaunt but all in all she looks terrific for 55!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231December 24, 2022 8:03 PM

I'd like to see what she'd look like now with this kind of cut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 24, 2022 8:15 PM

Good choice R232 I remember she returned with dramatic extensions in 2001 but cut it short like your pic as the press said she looked like Miss Piggy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233December 24, 2022 8:29 PM

Keanu’s thick lips would look nice sliding up and down on my cock, just sayin’.

by Anonymousreply 234December 24, 2022 11:53 PM

They should think about a story where Keanu started an Only Fans page while he was gone. Given that he once tried being a (straight) escort, that would make sense and be something different.

On Pobol y Cwm, gay Tyler recently started a (non-porn) fans page to earn extra money where he does sexy, 'suggestive' things as a hot builder (demonstrating the use of tools, shirtless and flexing). His employer was going to fire him, but now new customers are calling the business and specifically requesting "Mr. Screwdriver" come do the work at their house ..lol.

EastEnders should think about taking something like that one step further.

by Anonymousreply 235December 25, 2022 12:34 AM

R235 did you also suggest that for Peter? It's a lot better than some of the junk they throw at these poor actors

by Anonymousreply 236December 25, 2022 4:02 AM

R236 Yeah, I think I floated that idea when Too Tall Peter was underemployed and trying to find clients for his "personal training" business. I thought that having him go from that to starting an Only Fans site would have been a natural segue.

by Anonymousreply 237December 25, 2022 6:48 AM

R237 perhaps life will imitate art and the actual actor will start flashing the goods to a paying audience!

by Anonymousreply 238December 25, 2022 7:57 AM

So will Mick be killed off?

by Anonymousreply 239December 25, 2022 12:27 PM

I think that shot in the trailer of him on top of the roof if the Vic is a bluff. But maybe he crashes his car?

by Anonymousreply 240December 25, 2022 1:05 PM

They won't kill him off

by Anonymousreply 241December 25, 2022 1:19 PM

What was the Christmas surprise this year?

by Anonymousreply 242December 25, 2022 5:38 PM

R232 Keanu is now a rentboy

by Anonymousreply 243December 25, 2022 5:40 PM

Janine leaves tomorrow. I wish she’d get stabbed in the neck by Stacey.

by Anonymousreply 244December 25, 2022 7:12 PM

Stacey looks as rough as old dogs.

by Anonymousreply 245December 25, 2022 7:32 PM

Jesus Christ, even in his final episode Danny Dyer proves one more time that he can’t act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 246December 25, 2022 9:00 PM

Well that was dramatic!

by Anonymousreply 247December 25, 2022 9:20 PM

SPOILER

SPOILER

I take back my comment at R241

by Anonymousreply 248December 25, 2022 9:25 PM

You wuz wrong, R241.

Mick done drowned.

by Anonymousreply 249December 25, 2022 9:25 PM

Spoiler

Surprised they choose to kill Dyer off, he was a big coup for them when cast and has had some good moments. Maybe they won't recover the body and leave the door open?

The whole scenario leading up to the crash was preposterous

by Anonymousreply 250December 25, 2022 9:28 PM

R250 Totally agree with how every step leading up to crash was like WTF? .. Just stop chasing the bitch and call the police.

by Anonymousreply 251December 25, 2022 9:35 PM

Yea and how long were they driving to get to the cliffs at Dover?!

Maybe they'll pull a "Dirty Den" and have the corpse disappear

by Anonymousreply 252December 25, 2022 9:38 PM

If they don't find a body, then Frankie (in Glasgow), Lee (in Dover), Nancy and Johnny (both in Manchester) don't have to appear for a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 253December 25, 2022 9:50 PM

I used to fancy the original Johnny

by Anonymousreply 254December 25, 2022 10:02 PM

Mick Carter was a propa geezer

Who never used a tweezer

On his bush to please her

He ended up in hell

While trying to save his "L"

From the choppy English swell

Albert Square will be all a-twitter

When his soaking shitter

Washes up among the litter

by Anonymousreply 255December 25, 2022 10:23 PM

So is he dead-dead or was a door left open for a return?

by Anonymousreply 256December 25, 2022 10:23 PM

They haven't confirmed R256 but it would make sense to leave it open. I haven't watched it in years but he was once very popular with viewers and a return storyline in the future might be a ratings grabber when their ratings fall in the shitter yet again.

A few years ago they drowned Ronnie and Roxy and this was widely seen as a big mistake, as they too were very popular and the deaths felt gratuitous.

by Anonymousreply 257December 25, 2022 10:31 PM

In that case I predict he will be washed up in a French fishing net, lost his memory, mistaken for a refugee fallen overboard a dingy and sent to an asylum centre in Calais.

by Anonymousreply 258December 25, 2022 10:39 PM

Lol R258 they can do it as a social-issue storyline, Mick recounting his cruel treatment in a Uganda camp after being shipped off by Pritti Patel

by Anonymousreply 259December 25, 2022 10:43 PM

"It did my nutttt in!"

by Anonymousreply 260December 25, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote] So is he dead-dead or was a door left open for a return?

We probably won't know that until they either find or don't find a bloated corpse.

by Anonymousreply 261December 25, 2022 11:09 PM

Maybe his waistcoat will wash up next month

by Anonymousreply 262December 25, 2022 11:17 PM

The only highlight was Phil punching that annoying twat Alfie

by Anonymousreply 263December 25, 2022 11:20 PM

I believe Mick will be mistaken for a Syrian refugee whose mastery of Estuary English and lack of Arabic will be explained away by the emergency lung transplant he required after downing. He will be repatriated to the Dordogne where he will take a job in an auberge and marry the owner, a leathery yet vital widow called Aurélie. They will live happily together until Christmas 2037 when Keanu, on a cycling holiday with Albie, recognises him and informs him that his daughter Annie has been kidnapped by white slavers.

by Anonymousreply 264December 26, 2022 1:03 AM

Putting incidental music under the final credits and him not actually being dead would be an enormous cheat and a big FUCK YOU to viewers.

by Anonymousreply 265December 26, 2022 12:04 PM

R265 they only have 2 options, either he's dead or presumed dead. He isn't going to reappear so the music marked the actor's exit. If he isn't dead and the character comes back, viewers will have forgotten by then.

Has Sharon shagged Keanu again yet? Must be months since her box got stuffed.

by Anonymousreply 266December 26, 2022 1:49 PM

I don't know why I find this so funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267December 26, 2022 8:50 PM

Great shirt for pride, that

by Anonymousreply 268December 27, 2022 2:17 PM

Funny you say that R268!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 27, 2022 2:49 PM

There was a pub guv'nor named Mick

Who had a big ol' hairy dick

He stuck it up his "L"

Making dirty prozzie Janine well jel'

And drowned him in the sea

Now Mick was a Carter

And with God he did barter

"If I'm saved and make it ashore

I'll do the dirty on that whore"

But when he floated to French sand

He found himself on remand

Cause his cockney blether no one could understand

So Mick found himself detained

From his darling "L" he was restrained

For being an "illegal" from Albania!

by Anonymousreply 270December 29, 2022 1:39 PM

Shirley sure does travel light. Just a shoulder purse and Lady Di on a leash.

Isn't Carly Wicks in Australia? How long will it take her to walk there?

by Anonymousreply 271January 3, 2023 12:15 AM

I’m guessing there will be a twist that Freddie raped Lily, resulting in her pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 272January 3, 2023 1:46 AM

I thought Freddie was meant to be a "good" character?

by Anonymousreply 273January 3, 2023 3:53 AM

Wiki says Freddie is 18. If that's the case, I don't think there'd be any coming back from an 18-year old having sex with a 12-year old.

Regardless of the circumstances, given her age, whomever had sex with her committed statutory rape. If the boy is also underage, then they probably wouldn't prosecute, since Lily would be guilty of same. As I recall, that's how they handled the recent Charlie (14) and Ella (13) underage sex-pregnancy story on Hollyoaks.

by Anonymousreply 274January 3, 2023 6:01 AM

That's how they handled the then-shocking Sarah Platt pregnant at 13 storyline over 20 years ago, it was a boy in her class.

by Anonymousreply 275January 3, 2023 8:23 AM

Watching clips from older episodes, from the late 90s to mid 00s, it's shocking the difference in quality of writing, acting and directing between then and now. The show used to be a weekly drama with watercooler moments, even the advertising used to be based on this reputation "everyone's talking about it", now it's just a soap with ghosts of its past glory floating about like zombified versions of their old characters. It's a shame to see as the BBC used to be very proud of the show but it feels like they're embarrassed by it these days. Cut back on the episodes, up the budget and put some effort into the advertising and I'm sure the ratings would reflect this.

by Anonymousreply 276January 3, 2023 2:25 PM

I agree with all, R276.

R273, I think the twist might be that Freddie isn’t necessarily all “good.” I’d like him to actually have known about his biological father. The show absolutely needs to bring in Kacey Ainsworth as Mo for at least a week to do the reveal, though. I gather the actor playing Freddie is going on a break soon, don’t know for how long.

Speculation is that Linda Henry (Shirley) is now off contract and might not return until the end of the year at the earliest.

by Anonymousreply 277January 3, 2023 2:32 PM

There was an old slapper Shirley Carter

Who had a drunken, clapped,-out old farter

At Christmas she lost her beloved son Mick

Drowned, like her bad son Deano Wick

Poor Shirl' reached the end of her wick

Screwed her face then trashed the Vic

She decided she was done in the square

For life was as wrecked as her hair

She dried her racoon eyes

Zipped her boots right up to her thighs

Then wandered off all on her todd

With a dog, her G-strings and some vod

by Anonymousreply 278January 3, 2023 4:01 PM

[quote] Yea and how long were they driving to get to the cliffs at Dover?!

So they drove all the way to Dover, and Linda didn't get on the phone to call Lee?

by Anonymousreply 279January 3, 2023 6:47 PM

The young actress playing Lily needs to cut back on the chips. She’s getting spotty.

by Anonymousreply 280January 4, 2023 4:05 PM

R280 that's just the pregnancy weight!

by Anonymousreply 281January 4, 2023 6:57 PM

Haha, R281, I’m referring to the zits on her face. Poor kids gonna have acne like ME-chelle.

by Anonymousreply 282January 4, 2023 7:54 PM

It might be the makeup they use, I remember the guy who played Tamwar had terrible acne and I think it was down to the makeup.

by Anonymousreply 283January 4, 2023 10:45 PM

Really, R283? I guess that’s possible. But the actress playing Lily does seem to have the type of skin prone to acne breakouts.

by Anonymousreply 284January 4, 2023 11:17 PM

Yeah, I remember watching it back in the day before the show was HD and even then his acne was pretty obvious. I think camera makeup can be pretty harsh on people's skin in general.

by Anonymousreply 285January 6, 2023 9:13 PM

Ricky Junior .. You ARE the father!

by Anonymousreply 286January 7, 2023 6:49 AM

Zack has HIV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287January 7, 2023 9:07 AM

Patsy Kensit debuted on tonight's episode. Here she is doing joy, surprise, concern, anger, sadness, devastation and confusion all with the same facial expression because she can't move her face!

Worst Botox job since her namesake on AbFab!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 25, 2023 9:48 PM

She looked oddly like Julianne Moore in her debut episode.

I just think Lola is a not very compelling character and Danielle Harold is a mediocre actress so I don’t give a shit about this brain tumor storyline.

by Anonymousreply 289January 26, 2023 3:31 AM

Keanu never commented on how much weight Sharon has lost!

by Anonymousreply 290February 1, 2023 3:19 PM

Keanu preferred her extra thicc, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 291February 1, 2023 3:26 PM

I wish Lola would just die, already. Diagnosis to death should only have been a two month storyline at most.

by Anonymousreply 292February 14, 2023 8:17 PM

They should have just had Lola step off a curb and get hit by a bus.

by Anonymousreply 293February 14, 2023 8:46 PM

Why the fuck do Stacey and Martin think it’s OK for a 12 year old to have a baby? Talk about shitty parenting. The least Ryan could do is take her off somewhere to first get an abortion and then to see a first rate dermatologist.

by Anonymousreply 294February 15, 2023 10:26 PM

Denise and Ravi ... LMAO.

First Kush, then Jack, now Ravi?

by Anonymousreply 295February 17, 2023 1:05 AM

I think if Ross Kemp would ever deign to return then Grant and Denise could work as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 296February 17, 2023 3:55 AM

Denise had zero chemistry with Ian and Kush and just a bit with Jack.

by Anonymousreply 297February 17, 2023 4:38 PM

And it’s back to zero chemistry with Ravi.

by Anonymousreply 298February 17, 2023 4:38 PM

Flash forward with a dead body?

Someone must have been watching Hollyoaks.

by Anonymousreply 299February 22, 2023 7:40 PM

I know, right, R299? They’re trying to get away with the idea this has never been done before? Really?

The hot looking kid who plays Freddie just got caught on Tik Tok saying the N word. He’s mixed race so maybe the show will be lenient about it.

by Anonymousreply 300February 22, 2023 7:57 PM

I hope Sharon can keep all that weight off til the concluding part airs, she looks fantastic! I feel like someone on the writing team has been watching Desperate Housewives (time jump, women covering up a murder)

by Anonymousreply 301February 22, 2023 8:01 PM

Also Big Little Lies.

So this thing is hardly groundbreaking in any sense of the word but it is nice that the show is finally rallying after a truly abysmal couple of years. Having Phil and Kat finally uncoupled would be a significant step towards EE being truly watchable again,

by Anonymousreply 302February 22, 2023 9:06 PM

Yeah R302, has that turd Alfie gone yet?

by Anonymousreply 303February 22, 2023 9:12 PM

R300 Bobby's parents were both white as far as I know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304February 22, 2023 9:15 PM

I've thought EE has had a return to form. As opposed to the hour of misery that's Corrie.

by Anonymousreply 305February 22, 2023 9:15 PM

It's good to see Sharon get rewarded for losing all that weight by getting a hot young cock up her cooch

by Anonymousreply 306February 22, 2023 9:17 PM

R304, I think his grandfather on his mother Jade Goody’s side is/was Black.

by Anonymousreply 307February 22, 2023 9:39 PM

R307 When Jade Goody was on BB, her father reported that he was half-black, making Jade 1/4, so her kids would be 1/8 (I presume).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308February 22, 2023 10:30 PM

I wonder why big Kat wasn't one of the 6 women?

by Anonymousreply 309February 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Did they ever kill off Dot Cotton? (Sorry, I haven't seen it in years)

by Anonymousreply 310February 25, 2023 2:57 PM

R309, because she can’t be depended on to still be on the show in October (when Christmas stuff would be filmed). Way too many instances of drunken, bad behavior in her history. She’s been suspended from the show at least twice.

Yes, R310, they finally killed off Cotton and gave her (and June Brown) a great send-off.

by Anonymousreply 311February 25, 2023 4:36 PM

thanks r311

by Anonymousreply 312February 25, 2023 4:37 PM

[quote] I wonder why big Kat wasn't one of the 6 women?

Because she would take up two spaces and reduce it to 5?

by Anonymousreply 313February 25, 2023 6:59 PM

Sharon is looking great for 55, hope Letitia doesn't find it a big struggle to keep losing weight, or lose more. Her hair and clothes look better too.

by Anonymousreply 314February 25, 2023 10:46 PM

At least she has a big incentive to stay in shape for the rest of the year.

by Anonymousreply 315February 25, 2023 10:47 PM

Haha R315 they might have to truss her up in spandex

by Anonymousreply 316February 25, 2023 10:52 PM

Why on earth would Ravi wax his beautiful chest?

Does he wax his crack and shave his balls too?

by Anonymousreply 317February 25, 2023 11:03 PM

His chest isn’t shaved, at least the top part isn’t. And I wish it was. Also man buns are so 2002.

by Anonymousreply 318February 26, 2023 3:45 AM

R318 I'm talking about the scene last week where he went in to presumably have his chest waxed. Made zero sense that he would do that.

by Anonymousreply 319February 26, 2023 6:18 AM

So that's another murder committed in the Vic near the spot where Sharon's father was killed by Chrissie and Stacey killed Archie. Doesn't matter how they spin it with the flashforward, it's hardly original.

by Anonymousreply 320February 26, 2023 10:59 AM

I agree R320 but I guess it's a novel twist on a whodunit, for EastEnders. The who-killed-lucy storyline was great apart from it dragging on too long, let's hope this doesn't have the same problem.

And that being said, are the stakes really that high? Whoever is dead may have been killed in self-defence and no consequences for the women. It would be rather tacky of them to bury him in the cellar again.

by Anonymousreply 321February 26, 2023 11:52 AM

I'm guessing the victim isn't Suki's husband but he's become such a bastard by next Christmas that they decide to frame him, the writers feel the audience will be fine with those characters murdering, covering up and framing someone else so long as it's the villain who is the scapegoat. Nish rots in prison for bit before breaking out next February, during the 39th anniversary, where he tries to get his revenge before getting killed off himself in some accident in full view of everyone so that they know it wasn't under any suspicious circumstances. None of the characters ever have to worry again and they can all move onto the next whodunit.

by Anonymousreply 322February 26, 2023 1:59 PM

I'm guessing the victim isn't Suki's husband but he's become such a bastard by next Christmas that they decide to frame him, the writers feel the audience will be fine with those characters murdering, covering up and framing someone else so long as it's the villain who is the scapegoat. Nish rots in prison for bit before breaking out next February, during the 39th anniversary, where he tries to get his revenge before getting killed off himself in some accident in full view of everyone so that they know it wasn't under any suspicious circumstances. None of the characters ever have to worry again and they can all move onto the next whodunit.

by Anonymousreply 323February 26, 2023 1:59 PM

Ravi and Nish are way too obvious for the dead guy. I think it’s somebody who’s yet to go on the show. I wouldn’t hate it if it was Kathy’s rapist James Willmott-Brown who we never saw actually dying in his hospital room. And we never heard of his death. I think it was left open for a reason. He still needs to get revenge on Phil for ordering the abduction and murder of his faygele son. The one who had his choppers removed from the thugs, remember?

by Anonymousreply 324February 26, 2023 5:24 PM

Maybe it'll be that little shite Deano

by Anonymousreply 325February 26, 2023 5:56 PM

That’s a possibility, R325.

by Anonymousreply 326February 26, 2023 6:00 PM

Maybe it's Mick's bloated corpse.

by Anonymousreply 327February 26, 2023 7:50 PM

Thinking outside the box maybe Shirley comes back as a man, and Sharon was correctly gendering her? Him.

by Anonymousreply 328February 26, 2023 7:55 PM

I think I missed an episode. What did Denise tell Jack to explain the hotel room key?

by Anonymousreply 329February 27, 2023 8:12 PM

Denise really traded up from Ian Beale. Kush, Jack, Ravi

by Anonymousreply 330February 27, 2023 8:14 PM

Rumor that Ray Winstone will play Linda’s uncle and he’ll run the Vic with her.

by Anonymousreply 331March 3, 2023 12:00 PM

Why can't Stacey ask big horny flush Kat for money instead of going to a loan shark who threatens to flatten her if she doesn't pay up?

by Anonymousreply 332March 16, 2023 3:14 PM

It doesn’t make any sense why Stacey is pissed with her.

I wonder if Freddie’s foot photos will lead to an OnlyFans gay for pay storyline. It would be about frigging time.

by Anonymousreply 333March 16, 2023 4:16 PM

Stacey on Only Fans.

I don't even want to think about THAT.

by Anonymousreply 334March 16, 2023 6:27 PM

EastEnders isn't very good with issue-driven stories. Wasn't she in the pub for a lock-in the other week? Where's big Martin's banana money?

And when they did the same story with Denise eating out of a bin instead of getting help from Patrick or any of the 20 men she's dated.

The issue is real but ham-fistedly portrayed.

Who can even remember the awful Sean in Coronation Street living in a tent storyline where he couldn't ask a friend for a floor to sleep on, or better yet swallow his pride and ask for either of his jobs back. Beats shitting in the Rosamund St ginnel

by Anonymousreply 335March 16, 2023 8:52 PM

New family, the Knights, are taking over the Vic.

Colin Salmon is still hot.

by Anonymousreply 336March 28, 2023 8:51 PM

I can't get too excited about a 60-year old. Two daughters? Can't he have a hot son?

by Anonymousreply 337March 28, 2023 9:55 PM

They should make Freddie his son.

by Anonymousreply 338March 29, 2023 3:35 AM

Now Ben has bulimia,

by Anonymousreply 339April 28, 2023 5:33 AM

The way he wolfed down that Indian food on Thursday’s episode was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 340April 29, 2023 6:05 PM

CINDY BEALE IS ALIVE!

by Anonymousreply 341May 20, 2023 2:02 AM

Who is Cindy Beale?

by Anonymousreply 342May 20, 2023 2:42 AM

Ian’s first wife. She had many affairs and was the mother of his adoptive son, Steven. She tried to kill him in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 343May 20, 2023 9:42 AM

STEVEN. RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 21, 2023 1:58 AM

So what did y’all think of the Cindy reveal? Thomas Law (reverse recast Peter) isn’t much of an actor but is cute as a button. Jacqueline Jossa needs to drop some poundage.

by Anonymousreply 345June 26, 2023 9:04 PM

I never gave two fucks about Lola, who looked like a Poundland Barbie. Thank god she’s dead and buried.

by Anonymousreply 346June 29, 2023 3:59 AM

Is Sharon still keeping the pounds off?

by Anonymousreply 347June 29, 2023 11:37 AM

Thomas Law is gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 348June 29, 2023 11:45 AM

She seems to have gained a bit over the winter but still looks good, R347.

by Anonymousreply 349June 29, 2023 4:35 PM

Thanks R349 I think she's looking really good too

by Anonymousreply 350June 29, 2023 8:55 PM

Pity Thomas Law didn't get his kit off during his years of being between acting jobs. Ben Hardy flashed his lovely hairy cock and big ass on stage pre- EastEnders fame.

Would also like to see the previous Peter's big cock too. Dale whatshisname, the tall blond hunk with the mole.

by Anonymousreply 351June 29, 2023 8:58 PM

What's up with Law's hair, though? It looks like he used Clorox Bleach on it.

And if Jossa returns full-time, they can repurpose some of Sharon's old, all-black "camera slimming" outfits.

by Anonymousreply 352June 29, 2023 9:27 PM

I'd fuck Scott Maslen. He looks great for 52.

by Anonymousreply 353June 29, 2023 10:03 PM

R352 I guess they are trying to make him blond like the last two, at least til he eases into the role.

I am not a regular viewer but always hated Sharon's all-black outfits. I remember her as a kid being glamourous and am glad she's back in colour and looking great. Her feet must kill her though, wasn't she wearing stilettos when she was 8 months pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 354June 29, 2023 10:03 PM

R353 I've never fancied him but he is very handsome. I used to fancy his nephew Joey-big-cock-Branning

As I'm not watching, are the two young girls moving into the Vic meant to be Cindy's daughters or step-daughters?

by Anonymousreply 355June 29, 2023 10:08 PM

Not sure about the drag show in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 356June 29, 2023 10:12 PM

Who dragged up?

by Anonymousreply 357June 29, 2023 10:38 PM

R355, they’re Cindy’s daughters.

by Anonymousreply 358July 1, 2023 3:40 AM

I wonder what made the young actress playing Lily’s face totally break out early this year. Her complexion looks fine now. Allergy to make-up?

by Anonymousreply 359July 5, 2023 2:06 AM

How much you wanna bet Stacey and Eve suspect Reiss is the perv?

by Anonymousreply 360July 27, 2023 4:23 AM

Look, I like Tameka Empson (Kim) but why is she handed material she’s simply unable to act? This mental health storyline is the pits. It could have been good if she was capable of playing it well but she can’t.

by Anonymousreply 361July 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Shona McGarty (Whitney) has quit-her last episode is early next year. I wish her well. And Karen Taylor is being written out-woo hoo! Lorraine Stanley has always been awful.

by Anonymousreply 362July 30, 2023 12:55 AM

Whit will be back following an unsuccessful attempt to branch out. It happens to most of them!

by Anonymousreply 363July 30, 2023 6:46 AM

They need to hurry up and get the fur flying with Cindy and her lot.

by Anonymousreply 364July 30, 2023 7:04 AM

The fraud at WalfordWeb—Shamelessness in particular—are creaming themselves over Karen getting axed.

by Anonymousreply 365July 31, 2023 10:47 PM

The people who run Walford Web are actually some of the most vile people I’ve ever come across on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 366July 31, 2023 10:54 PM

What do they say about Sharon on Walford Web?

by Anonymousreply 367July 31, 2023 10:57 PM

I dunno, bur we call her "the onion" in our flat 🧅.

by Anonymousreply 368August 1, 2023 5:52 AM

Shamelessness is one vicious cunt, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 369August 1, 2023 4:56 PM

What did shamelessness do? [R369]

by Anonymousreply 370August 1, 2023 5:26 PM

Max Bowden and his clownish band of fraus are now feuding with the fraus of Walford Web over this character rate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371August 1, 2023 5:44 PM

I will miss Whitney but they haven’t given Karen anything interesting the last couple of years. And they can send Mitch and his daughter and nephew away along with Karen

by Anonymousreply 372August 1, 2023 6:19 PM

Mitch has never fit in. The actor was fine as a day player detective years ago but not as a regular everyman type.

by Anonymousreply 373August 1, 2023 8:22 PM

Will Little Mo come back for the Freddy revelation, even if just for a couple of episodes?

by Anonymousreply 374August 4, 2023 10:06 AM

R371 He seems to interact with the fan forums a bit too much. Even from looking at his Twitter I can see he's accepted an offer to wear a wristband from a fan. While that seems admirable, surely that's just going to invite more and more requests from weird people who like getting a bit too close to actors and famous people.

by Anonymousreply 375August 4, 2023 3:27 PM

I know she's attractive and probably the sex is good but what do Sharon and Keanu really see in each other they would get married?

by Anonymousreply 376August 5, 2023 1:13 PM

Max Bowden has issues. His grandad and his agent died in quick succession of Covid then his best friend died of an aneurysm or sudden brain cancer a few months before his wedding. Then in his grief he knocked up then left an older woman.

He seems very needy.

by Anonymousreply 377August 27, 2023 5:43 AM

OMG! They killed Lola! You bastards!

by Anonymousreply 378August 27, 2023 5:51 AM

And Cindy is finally back on the square. Fur flies next week.

by Anonymousreply 379August 27, 2023 8:10 AM

I'm shocked she's only just back, they've been running a promo with her in it for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 380August 28, 2023 5:19 PM

I love Cindy - hope they don’t screw this up.

by Anonymousreply 381August 28, 2023 5:24 PM

She's back on the square! Went directly to Kathy and the fur flew!

by Anonymousreply 382August 28, 2023 6:55 PM

It’s fun to have Cindy back but Michelle Colllins just doesn’t seem to have her heart in it. Like she’s almost embarrassed to be playing those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 383August 29, 2023 9:31 PM

The Kathy brawl was good, but the George scenes fell flat.

by Anonymousreply 384August 29, 2023 11:24 PM

REALLY flat. Zero chemistry between Collins and Salmon. It was a lot of fun to see Fatboy in the flashback, though.

And I’ll say this again (I think)-it’s absolutely ludicrous that Cindy first hid out from the Ford gangster family in SPAIN. Hadn’t Mary and the other handlers ever heard of Costa Del Crime? Give me a fucking break. Such lazy writing. Cindy would much more likely have been sent somewhere like Guam. Or, in Europe, somewhere like Romania.

by Anonymousreply 385August 30, 2023 3:54 AM

It’s so weird, because I think it wad the writing Michelle Collins was given, especially in that bit before they transitioned to the flashback sequence.

That look on Sharon’s face, though…

by Anonymousreply 386August 30, 2023 6:36 AM

Tonight was better, but still kabuki. Best thing about it all is Kathy's been pulled out of the torpor she's been in lately and is back to her old feisty self.

by Anonymousreply 387August 30, 2023 7:47 PM

I agree about Kathy but this Rose/Cindy shit doesn’t work at all. She doesn’t have any chemistry with the two girls, either. It just doesn’t work and Collins makes it painfully clear what she thinks of having to act this shit. All her line readings and facial expressions look and sound like they’re forced out of her with a crowbar. And she’s a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 388August 31, 2023 2:35 AM

The bones were good with the crowd at The Vic and it was a cute move to use Jade Goody’s son as the expository vessel for the Beale’s backstory, like it’s national lore.

Agree that Cindy’s scene with the girls is bad, but better with Anna than Gina (sp), who seems a bit weaksauce.

Speaking of weaksauce, WTF with Sharon and Ian just picking it right up again? Shezza did have a point, but I’d still l want to keep my distance.

by Anonymousreply 389August 31, 2023 5:52 AM

Hah, R389, I laughed when Sharon was equivocating what she did with what Cindy did. Definitely not the same thing. I hope Cindy is the one who tells Kathy that Sharon tried to poison her son with a Christmas pudding.

by Anonymousreply 390August 31, 2023 6:37 PM

Rocky is being written out. Good. He was a poor man’s Alfie, no reason for him to be there at the same time. Brian Conley and Shane Richie are the exact same types, only in different age groups. I hope as a result of Rocky’s departure Kathy finally becomes a bitch for a while and her first target is Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 391September 12, 2023 7:30 PM

LOVING Suki these days. I think she's playing a long game.

by Anonymousreply 392September 12, 2023 7:32 PM

Cindy going after Bobby in Thursday’s episode came from absolutely nowhere. When she was first reintroduced over the past few months Peter or somebody mentioned that she knew that Bobby murdered Lucy by accident and was OK with it. Was the scene when Cindy found out that Bobby had attacked Jane with a hockey stick cut? Very bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 393September 25, 2023 4:24 PM

Since PBS took EastEnders off the air couple of years ago, I lost interest, but just scrolling through this thread, I’m wondering how is Cindy back? I thought she was dead.

by Anonymousreply 394September 25, 2023 4:55 PM

R394, they went the Witness Protection route. Cindy became an informant and grassed on her jail cell roommate Jackie who was a member of an evil crime family. I guess the cops had Ian identify a dummy or something, haha. Anyway Cindy was relocated to Spain and ran a bar in Marbella (where absolutely no dodgy crime folk from the UK are, haha). That’s where she lived as Rose Knight, married with two daughters.

by Anonymousreply 395September 25, 2023 7:21 PM

Does anybody here really give a fuck about Nugget? His Dumbo ears alone are awful.

by Anonymousreply 396October 16, 2023 1:46 AM

But this new actress they have on as his mum Priya is great. Fabulous face.

by Anonymousreply 397October 18, 2023 10:24 PM

Dean Wicks appears again next week, apparently. But where the fuck is Shirley? I want her and Cindy to share some scenes.

by Anonymousreply 398October 27, 2023 5:42 PM

No one had to identify Cindy as she 'died' in prison and wouldn't need formal identification. Just makes no sense Cindy wasn't able to take her baby (Cindy Jnr) with her.

by Anonymousreply 399October 27, 2023 6:20 PM

R398 I've never been able to find him attractive since seeing him on the crapper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400October 27, 2023 6:24 PM

Who’s that?

by Anonymousreply 401October 27, 2023 10:04 PM

Beppe after a night out?

by Anonymousreply 402October 27, 2023 10:45 PM

R401 it's dirty Dean Wicks after he shafted poor Linda over the dining table at The Queen Vic.

by Anonymousreply 403October 27, 2023 10:54 PM

Dean’s back, babes. I think he was lying to Linda’s face that Shirley had been committed to mental hospitals twice.

by Anonymousreply 404November 1, 2023 2:10 AM

Don't like the character.

by Anonymousreply 405November 1, 2023 6:13 AM

I’m loving Cindy being back. I think Michelle is really settling in well. Not so keen on the returning rapist storyline.

by Anonymousreply 406November 1, 2023 6:55 AM

Sharon is very skinny

by Anonymousreply 407November 1, 2023 8:01 AM

So another twist for Sharon..

by Anonymousreply 408November 16, 2023 4:50 PM

Sharon's gone the opposite direction and is starting to look like a bobblehead doll.

by Anonymousreply 409November 16, 2023 5:50 PM

I think Dean rapes Cindy, she murders him and he’s the dead body at Christmas. But each of The Six think someone else did it. Denise thinks Amy did it, for example.

by Anonymousreply 410November 19, 2023 9:25 PM

^^^ So they're doing the current "Who Killed Rayne Royce?" story on Hollyoaks.

by Anonymousreply 411November 19, 2023 10:00 PM

Gay Johnny Carter finally returning with a new square head and hairy chest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412December 5, 2023 8:29 PM

I’m really beginning to think Jack is brown bread at Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 413December 5, 2023 8:36 PM

I think Jack is the dead guy downstairs and Dean is the dead guy upstairs and The Six use all the commotion about Jack’s dead body as a way to let them somehow dispose of Dean’s body.

by Anonymousreply 414December 7, 2023 4:26 PM

Dead guy upstairs? I’m just familiar with the dead guy downstairs on Xmas Day.

by Anonymousreply 415December 7, 2023 4:34 PM

R415, in the promo Linda is scrubbing the floor in somewhere which is clearly upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 416December 8, 2023 2:20 PM

Thank god Mitch and those fucking kids left Walford with Karen. But they’re heading to Spain? Do they all have passports? Not bloody likely.

by Anonymousreply 417December 9, 2023 4:22 AM

Isn't picking up and just moving to Spain far more complex since Brexit?

Poor Spain.

by Anonymousreply 418December 9, 2023 9:22 PM

Haha, R418, yeah, it’s totally ridiculous. I don’t think Karen or Mitch know any Spanish. Would Immigration let them in? If they had gone somewhere like Wales it would have made more sense. Sendimg them to Spain is justvfuvking lazy writing.

by Anonymousreply 419December 9, 2023 10:13 PM

Denise’s sanctimonious, self-righteous reaction to Jack’s confession pissed me off. In my opinion what she did with Ravi was far worse. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 420December 19, 2023 12:03 PM

r420, Denise didn’t actually sleep with Ravi but Jack did sleep with Stacey. How can what Denise did be “far worse” you idiot?

by Anonymousreply 421December 19, 2023 1:11 PM

Because, R421, Jack fucked Stacey on an impulse. Denise actually was having an affair with Ravi, albeit without the actual fucking. Her intent on having sex with Ravi was totally premeditated and with a lot of thought. Is that a good enough explanation for you? I doubt it since you seem to be someone who doesn’tappear grasp the concept of nuance.

by Anonymousreply 422December 20, 2023 4:26 PM

I think Jack and Dean will both die in tonight’s episode,

by Anonymousreply 423December 24, 2023 10:18 PM

I'd ride Ravi's hairy cock right in the corner booth of The Queen Vic with all the locals cheering us on!

by Anonymousreply 424December 24, 2023 10:22 PM

R412 not a bad looker. Maybe he'll have a horny shag with Peter after a lock-in at The Vic

by Anonymousreply 425December 24, 2023 11:06 PM

From Sunday night's "Britain Get Singing" ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426December 25, 2023 1:02 AM

Thanks R426 they were very good. I thought that was Karen for a minute, all slammed up, but it was Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 427December 25, 2023 9:10 AM

I swear I meant to write "all Glammed up"!

by Anonymousreply 428December 25, 2023 9:12 AM

I haven't watched EE in ages, but I do like Callum and Ben together. Are they still going strong? I have seen the trailers/previews for Sixmas, and they know how to drum up excitement, that's for sure. Hollyoaks has something to learn from them. I see people complain that the Christmas Hollyoaks episodes were boring, that nothing really happened, and they're not wrong. It's weird when all of the other soaps have planned these huge storylines/stunts. Then you have Hollyoaks... where nothing at all happened, it was slow af. No wonder the soap is struggling.

by Anonymousreply 429December 25, 2023 10:00 AM

Rolling my eyes at them showing lesbians in bed together, which they never did with Ballum. The hypocrisy is real. This is such a double standard. It makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 430December 25, 2023 10:09 AM

Corrie showed a lot more gay action R430 and had the complaints from bigoted viewers to prove it

by Anonymousreply 431December 25, 2023 2:48 PM

Bloody hell! That was a rollercoaster and a great twist ending!

by Anonymousreply 432December 25, 2023 9:47 PM

I was hoping that character wouldn't be killed because

SPOILER

SPOILER

I wanted to ride his cock! What a waste. Hopefully now he does some indie movie where he can get his kit off!

by Anonymousreply 433December 25, 2023 9:54 PM

Keanu’s anus would have been so horrendously stretched out after just one week in prison it’s a good thing he ended up brown bread, instead.

by Anonymousreply 434December 25, 2023 10:06 PM

Keanu's big hairy cock would have been well serviced by many willing mouths

by Anonymousreply 435December 25, 2023 10:07 PM

A moments silence for the passing of Keanu's perfect pinga

by Anonymousreply 436December 25, 2023 10:41 PM

Dean is so going to turn out to have been there and he’lo boackmail Linda. And he’ll end up dead himself around Easter.

by Anonymousreply 437December 27, 2023 2:37 PM

I don't get why they hid the body at the cafe, surely it will be found soon during refurbishment with their prints all over the tarp & tape

by Anonymousreply 438December 27, 2023 2:39 PM

I like Officer Blondie. He’s notva bad actor and seems to have a sense of humor whivh might help with this storyline. “Sounds chaotic” ain’t half fucking accurate, mate.

by Anonymousreply 439December 27, 2023 9:48 PM

I bet Sharon was devastated, saying goodbye to that sexy cock

by Anonymousreply 440December 27, 2023 11:27 PM

She’ll be fine. Jack will be inserting his big thick beer can cock into her soon enough. He’s ticking the boxes now.

by Anonymousreply 441December 28, 2023 1:53 PM

R441 she's already had Jack's 7-incher. He jilted her at the altar, don't forget..

by Anonymousreply 442December 28, 2023 2:13 PM

Oh, right, R442, that was her “return” storyline. And a bad one it was.

by Anonymousreply 443December 28, 2023 6:11 PM

Sharon to Jack .... "My son is in the kitchen eating a biscuit."

by Anonymousreply 444December 28, 2023 6:31 PM

Yea they didn't really have a return story for her aside from coming back to the square broke and needing help for Phil. And they even put her in an awful wedding dress

by Anonymousreply 445December 28, 2023 7:34 PM

The kid playing the appallingly named Nugget is fugly with Dumbo ears and can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 446December 29, 2023 1:01 PM

I'd love to explore Ravi's naughty parts despite his unfortunate son

by Anonymousreply 447December 29, 2023 1:23 PM

Daily Star reporting that Bowden is done.

[quote] Bowden, who plays Ben Mitchell in the BBC soap, has been written out by bosses, with his exit "imminent", a show insider revealed. A source close to the star, 28, said the actor will leave the show indefinitely with his final scenes set to air in the coming weeks after chats with bosses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448December 30, 2023 8:04 PM

They should frame him for killing Keanu, he's so bitchy and mean. Sending him to prison wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for such a little tart anyway

by Anonymousreply 449December 30, 2023 8:06 PM

Max Bowden was just fired. Wtf?! I love Ben. This sucks!

by Anonymousreply 450December 30, 2023 8:29 PM

I won’t miss Ben at all. Such a little shit. Callum deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 451December 30, 2023 11:18 PM

R451 I'd only add that I wouldn't miss Callum either.

Let's go for something totally different with NuJohnny and a new man on the Square.

by Anonymousreply 452December 31, 2023 2:00 AM

R451 That's what made hlm fun to watch though! And why he was a fan favorite.

by Anonymousreply 453December 31, 2023 2:07 AM

R453, his character was overwritten and thus became extremely tiresome. And Bowden isn’t a good enough actor with the proper amount of charisma to carry it off. I always thought Bowden woukd have made a decent Lee Carter recast but never believed him as NuBen.

by Anonymousreply 454December 31, 2023 8:14 AM

Do you think Matt di Angelo (Dean) will stick around?

by Anonymousreply 455December 31, 2023 8:33 AM

I can never find Deano attractive since I saw that pic of him on the toilet taking a shit. Boner killer

by Anonymousreply 456December 31, 2023 9:01 AM

I still wish Steven were alive to fuck Johnny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457December 31, 2023 9:50 AM

R454 Sorry, we disagree. I think Max was the perfect Ben. It won't be the same if they do a recast.

by Anonymousreply 458December 31, 2023 10:11 AM

R458 what if they hire some great-looker?

by Anonymousreply 459December 31, 2023 12:07 PM

R459 That might get me to change my mind, lol.

by Anonymousreply 460December 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Yea R460 like Peter who keeps getting cast with hotties. He's a bland character but that doesn't matter when yummy

by Anonymousreply 461December 31, 2023 4:37 PM

Reading between the lines, it seems like they think Bowden should go to rehab.

by Anonymousreply 462December 31, 2023 6:12 PM

"I can never find Deano attractive since I saw that pic of him on the toilet taking a shit. Boner killer"

I can't believe the producers had him do that. They must have had it in for him. I like Matt, but there's something weird about his wife Sophia Perry. Influencer?

by Anonymousreply 463December 31, 2023 6:27 PM

Maybe he's been giving a few women a cheeky grope to prove he isn't a woofter like his character

by Anonymousreply 464December 31, 2023 6:28 PM

R463 can't tell if You're joking but it was a candid pic someone of his friends or family posted of him on the shitter, EastEnders hasn't sunk that low (yet!)

by Anonymousreply 465December 31, 2023 6:29 PM

Oh sorry R465. I only watch sporadically. I took what you wrote to mean you saw "Deano" on the toilet, not the actor.

by Anonymousreply 466December 31, 2023 6:32 PM

My fault R466 I just wrote it as an aside. I thought he was hot when he first appeared on the show on Big Pat's doorstep

by Anonymousreply 467December 31, 2023 7:08 PM

[quote] what if they hire some great-looker?

I nominate Alexander Lincoln (ex-Jamie Tate, Emmerdale).

Even his pink cowboy hat look in the photos at link hearkens back to West End Musical Ben, Charlie Jones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468December 31, 2023 8:05 PM

R468 he's gorgeous, and got his big willy out in that gay indie movie "In From The Side". He might be a bit posh to play Ben though

by Anonymousreply 469December 31, 2023 10:16 PM

I think Mr. Lincoln is talented enough to play less posh, if required. ;-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470December 31, 2023 10:47 PM

I think it’s time they brought Michelle and Grant’s son Mark back to the Square only with an actual American actor this time. And no, I won’t refer to him as Mark Jr because he’s not Mark Fowler’s son. And yeah, I do think it’s stupid that Cindy’s daughter is referred to as Cindy Jr. when it’s patently incorrect-only sons are named Junior, never daughters.

by Anonymousreply 471December 31, 2023 10:57 PM

R471 I guess both wee named after Mark & Cindy just died and neither was on screen for years after they were supposedly born

by Anonymousreply 472December 31, 2023 11:16 PM

The guy who played Mark jnr was so gorgeous and also played Joe Tate.

by Anonymousreply 473December 31, 2023 11:17 PM

Yes, he was good but bringing Mark on with a Surrey accent and claiming he got it from some bogus “British school” in Florida was one of the stupidest things that show has ever done. Mark was born and raised in the US and arrived in Walfiord directly from Florida so he’d have a goddamn American accent.

by Anonymousreply 474December 31, 2023 11:20 PM

R474 do you remember the shitty accent from Vicky? I could forgive Mark Jnr anything, even if he was conceived in a sweaty romp on the Vic floor with that miserable Michelle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475December 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Of course I remember Vicky’s shitty ‘mid Atlantic” accent. And then she disappeared for a month or so and when she returned she spoke with.a London accent and nobody batted an eyelid. That was bad. But Mark rocking up to Walfird with a Surrey accent after gaving lived in the US his entire life up until then was ridiculous beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 476January 1, 2024 6:57 PM

Nice scene with Whitney and Yolande tonight.

Good god, the actress playing Elaine is horrible. She seems to think Elaine is a cross between Mrs. Danvers and Vera Charles.

by Anonymousreply 477January 4, 2024 8:23 PM

r477, someone tweeted she acts like a Disney villain. 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 478January 4, 2024 8:31 PM

gossip about Max Bowdens departure from Walford Web’s resident hypocrite Shamelessness:

‘I’ve just heard some gossip about Bowden’s departure from a well-placed source. All pretty much confirmation of things we already suspected or inferred:

• Max’s behaviour has been spiralling for a long time. • The reason for his axing is “concern for his health” - think we can all guess what that’s a euphemism for. • Kate Oates tried to step in and save his job but was overruled. • A Ben storyline for 2024 has been scrapped as a result of the axing (which indicates no immediate plans to recast). • Max Bowden and Tony Clay don’t get on and their ‘friendship’ in public isn’t genuine.’

by Anonymousreply 479January 5, 2024 8:42 PM

I suppose Ballum heads are exploding? .. Losing one's job because another actor gets axed might seem crummy, but with Ben gone, there's really no reason to keep Halfwit around is there? When they bring NuJohnny in, they should avoid the two gays in the village trope, and start fresh with a new man on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 480January 5, 2024 10:07 PM

Does anyone find the new (old) Peter hot and sexy in the role?

by Anonymousreply 481January 5, 2024 10:37 PM

R480, maybe George Jr will fit the bill…I mean, Johnny?

by Anonymousreply 482January 6, 2024 8:01 AM

R480 I have read so many comments from fans saying they refuse to watch because Max was axed.

by Anonymousreply 483January 6, 2024 8:47 AM

Whatever they do, please for the love of god do NOT pair Callum with Johnny! They are both wimps. It wouldn't work. We need opposites in a relationship, that's what makes it fun to watch. They should just bring in a new love interest for Callum (someone who isn't Johnny).

by Anonymousreply 484January 6, 2024 8:49 AM

Why did they drop Ben’s rape storyline? Did he ever receive any kind of justice? There hasn’t been many soap stories dealing with male rape. EastEnders should’ve followed through on that one.

by Anonymousreply 485January 6, 2024 9:12 AM

Ben was a one note rage farm.

by Anonymousreply 486January 6, 2024 12:19 PM

[R369], looking at Walford Web, I am quite inclined to agree Shamelessness is a vile excuse of a human being and is clearly no longer fit to be the administrator there.

by Anonymousreply 487January 7, 2024 1:08 PM

The Ben actor looks as rough as old dogs

by Anonymousreply 488January 7, 2024 1:42 PM

R485 I think the justice Ben got was framed in the two episodes of "Mitchell justice" where Phil kidnapped Lewis and beat him up and nearly shot him with a gun, leading to the subsequent one-on-one that Ben had with Lewis where he held him at gunpoint and got Lewis to admit that he'd raped him. It looked like Ben would do the shooting, but then Lewis suggested that would only prove that Ben was just as damaged/bad as he was. Ben let him go and later told Phil that he was going to go to the police and report the rape. While Lewis was arrested, the charges were eventually dropped. That result was indicated at the start, since it had been awhile since the crime happened and there was no physical evidence. However, months later, the, the police came to Ben and told him that Lewis had been arrested on another charge of rape, and it made it sounded like that case was strong enough to go forward.

by Anonymousreply 489January 7, 2024 9:55 PM

Thanks r489! I must’ve missed all that.

by Anonymousreply 490January 7, 2024 10:07 PM

R490 If intereested ...

If you have access to BBC iPlayer, the two episodes with captive Lewis are the 16th and 17th of August 2022. .. Also, I should have mentioned Sam above, since I kind of forgot that she actually instigated it.

Otherwise, you can also still find them on Dailymotion (links below).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491January 7, 2024 10:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492January 7, 2024 10:34 PM

Sean O’Connor—the man who killed off Ronnie & Roxy Mitchell—edits his own wikipedia page.

He actually dismissed Barbara Windsor’s criticism by saying she was ill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493January 18, 2024 2:43 PM

What was Barbara's criticism?

by Anonymousreply 494January 19, 2024 4:45 PM

I used to be obsessed with this show, back in the Bianca, Rickaaay, and David Wicks days.

But then my PBS stopped showing it, and that was that.

by Anonymousreply 495January 19, 2024 4:49 PM

Windsor was critical of O'Connor's decision to axe Ronnie and Roxy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 19, 2024 7:07 PM

Pat was the biggest mistake.

by Anonymousreply 497January 19, 2024 7:12 PM

Yeah I think Pam didn't like the decision to kill her off either.

by Anonymousreply 498January 19, 2024 8:22 PM

Sean O'Connor also killed off Steven Beale. RME.

by Anonymousreply 499January 19, 2024 8:30 PM

R499 for no purpose either

by Anonymousreply 500January 19, 2024 8:34 PM

Nish and Kat could be interesting. I always thought Kat needed to be with a powerful, elegant older man.

by Anonymousreply 501January 21, 2024 8:31 PM

It seems Nish is going to be tangling with the six a lot. I wish they'd move that storyline a bit faster. Starting to wonder if it's an exit for Linda.

Also, can't stand Elaine.

by Anonymousreply 502January 21, 2024 8:34 PM

[quote] Starting to wonder if it's an exit for Linda.

Why recast Johnny, then?

by Anonymousreply 503January 21, 2024 9:03 PM

Good point.

Also strong rumours there's a recast for Ben and they're it killing him off.

by Anonymousreply 504January 21, 2024 9:06 PM

Why do all these men kept lusting after Kat's saggy old pussy?

by Anonymousreply 505January 21, 2024 9:30 PM

I guess.she does anal, r505.

by Anonymousreply 506January 21, 2024 9:31 PM

And she swallows, too.

by Anonymousreply 507January 21, 2024 9:48 PM

They like it LOUD, as well.

by Anonymousreply 508January 21, 2024 9:55 PM

Why else would Kush be interested in her? She loved anal and swallowing his load. And frankly I don’t blame her.

by Anonymousreply 509January 22, 2024 12:19 AM

NuJohnny looks hot. Photo is from the article at Metro UK, but I don't link there due to the non-stop, totally annoying ads.

Glad to see him dressed like a solicitor might actually look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510February 3, 2024 10:04 PM

Bet NuJohnny has a nice bum

by Anonymousreply 511February 4, 2024 8:02 AM

Sharon needs to get back from attending Michelle post-hysterectomy ASAP. The six storyline is falling off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 512February 4, 2024 8:04 AM

Is Sharon still mourning the loss of Keanu's juicy, fat pinga?

by Anonymousreply 513February 4, 2024 8:11 AM

I think that Michelle’s hysterectomy is a smokescreen and she’s actually dying. I’m still pissed at Sharon referring to Linda as her best friend a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 514February 4, 2024 10:01 PM

They don't have a lot of options with the Fowlers, so I think Michelle will be kept on ice until they need her. Another return may better better now that Jenna Russell drank the you'll-never-be-Susan-Tully poisoned chalice.

The latest is The evil Murdoch Sun catching Max Bowden on video saying he's over the moon and free after he got sacked as Ben, when the truth is he was offloaded for his nasty coke habit. I hope they give the character a rest instead of immediately recasting him or killing him off. As I'm learning from watching the 2004 classic episodes, the show gets unmoored without the Mitchells to anchor them.

by Anonymousreply 515February 5, 2024 10:28 AM

Here’s what I think happens-Gloria kicks the bucket in the next few weeks and Eddie blames it on George, telling him she died from a broken heart. Eddie tries to get revenge on George by setting a booby trap for Gina but Bobby’s fiancee Anna is killed instead. Bobby becomes Bad Bobby and murders Cindy.

by Anonymousreply 516February 19, 2024 2:42 PM

Pretty bad week on EE. The stuff in Milton Keynes with Bianca fell totally flat although it’s always nice to see Patsy Palmer back. OK, Bianca’s flat was nice enough but she was living in what looked like a council estate? Huh? I thought it was made clear she and her husband and kids were living in a nice house on a pleasant suburban street. And Zack and Lauren? Blecch. If James Farrar doesn’t leave with Shona McGarty then at least have Zack do something like being gay for pay. Denzel will develop an addiction to steroids? Yawn. My only hope is he offs Nugget in a fit of roids rage. And Nish, too..

by Anonymousreply 517March 10, 2024 2:38 AM

I just wanna know what's happened with Deano?

by Anonymousreply 518March 10, 2024 3:14 AM

He’s still there. A dead man walking, though. Or maybe he’ll just be framed by Johnny with the murder weapon and get sent down.

by Anonymousreply 519March 11, 2024 5:10 AM

There's paths for both Nish and Dean to be framed for Keanu's murder. Looks like Jack's sexy hairy chest gets involved this week, so someone is going to get stitched up.

by Anonymousreply 520March 11, 2024 5:44 AM

Anything to report about Johnny's love life during his six year absence?

by Anonymousreply 521March 12, 2024 5:36 AM

Digital Spy indicates the end is near for Ben.

Hints at what is happening to the character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 17, 2024 6:57 AM

At least they aren’t killing them. They’re airing the 2004-5 Mitchell-free era on Classic Eastenders and you really do see how the Mitchells do glue this show together.

Also rumours are that Letitia Dean is out on stress leave and they had to change the story about The Six as a result.

by Anonymousreply 523March 17, 2024 7:05 AM

R523, Leticia has a big history with stress. While filming the episodes of Sharon grieving Dennis Rickman (he was stabbed on New Year’s Eve 2005), Dean’s marriage was ending. As a result the poor woman almost ended up in a totally catatonic state and would have to have her lines spoonfed to her by the assistant directors. If you watch those episodes it’s all too clear. It seems like she is again suffering from extreme stress. Very sad. I hope she’s OK.

by Anonymousreply 524March 18, 2024 2:25 AM

I love Sharon and hope Letitia is okay too.

by Anonymousreply 525March 18, 2024 11:01 AM

I'm really hoping that they stitch up Dean or Ravi for Keanu's murder.

by Anonymousreply 526March 18, 2024 11:10 AM

Not Ravi — Nish

by Anonymousreply 527March 18, 2024 11:10 AM

Ravi is gorgeous, I'd do my daily lunges onto his cock!

by Anonymousreply 528March 18, 2024 11:35 AM

That slap that Yolande gave that gossipy bitch last week was GLORIOUS! Auntie Yo ran up on her and gave it ghetto style. 😂

by Anonymousreply 529March 18, 2024 4:19 PM

Here's Yolande on the receiving end of Pat's bitchslap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530March 18, 2024 6:41 PM

One good slap deserves another (about 45 seconds in).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 18, 2024 10:24 PM

It was a mistake to kill off Pat.

by Anonymousreply 532March 19, 2024 3:24 PM

Biggest mistake the show ever made, and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 533March 19, 2024 4:02 PM

Yep, alongside killing off Kathy, Ronnie, Roxy and beautiful Dennis

by Anonymousreply 534March 19, 2024 8:19 PM

I want Johnny to rape and torture Dean now. Turning off his daughter’s oxygen is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 535March 21, 2024 2:52 AM

Oh no! What have they done to Matt di Angelo?

I hate this.

by Anonymousreply 536March 21, 2024 2:57 AM

A triptych of Stacey Slater whoring with the Branning men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 21, 2024 4:51 AM

Is the new Johnny sexy?

by Anonymousreply 538March 21, 2024 9:37 AM

New Johnny = butterface

by Anonymousreply 539March 21, 2024 10:23 AM

Good actor, though.

by Anonymousreply 540March 22, 2024 12:14 AM

This meme is circulating after dear Jean's interrogation of Dean on last night's episode. Get him, Jean!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 22, 2024 10:31 AM

A gentie reminder: Shamelessness at Walford Web is a vindictive cunt.

by Anonymousreply 542March 22, 2024 5:19 PM

Is the new Johnny attractive?

by Anonymousreply 543March 22, 2024 5:37 PM

R543 Judge for yourself in this clip.

He's not bad (imo), but I find his head to be just a bit too large and square.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544March 25, 2024 11:01 PM

Lexi’s “I’m a Mitchell” line in last night’s episode made me want to punch the screen. When the fuck is that horrible child going to get written off the show?

by Anonymousreply 545March 27, 2024 4:49 AM

You'd hope that she would fuck off with Ben.

by Anonymousreply 546March 27, 2024 9:07 AM

It's the end of Ballum and shippers are fuming. Callum might fall for Johnny next.

by Anonymousreply 547March 27, 2024 9:15 AM

R545 I thought what is this Coronation St level of shit dialogue. I need Lexi to be kidnapped by Patsy Kensit or tragically have a tumour like Lola

by Anonymousreply 548March 27, 2024 9:31 AM

I never thought Ben deserved Callum. Callum and Johnny would be much better for each other. I won’t miss Ben. I hate that bitch! I do regret the fact that they dropped Ben’s rape storyline. That could’ve been good.

by Anonymousreply 549March 27, 2024 9:55 AM

I hope they replace him with a better actor after a bit of a breathing period. Bowden just seemed to be a rage fest, which is the worst way to chew scenery. Maybe Callum will help Jay discover his bisexual side.

by Anonymousreply 550March 27, 2024 10:14 AM

Won't miss Ben. .. And sorry (not sorry), but it's time to dispense with Callum as well. .. If they go with putting Callum with Johnny together, then that's just the stinky ol' "two gays in the village" trope - no other gays on the scene, so OF COURSE they have to hook up. .. Can we at least get some ex-boyfriend of Johnny's from Manchester show up, or a new guy for a triangle?

by Anonymousreply 551March 27, 2024 7:31 PM

I really like new Johnny.

Callum is over. I want him and Ben to go on the run taking Lexi with them.

by Anonymousreply 552March 27, 2024 7:42 PM

It would have been funnier if Martin had shown up at Priya's and been enthusiastic about the prospect of having a "group stuff thing" when he saw Ravi standing there with the jar of Vicks Vapo Rub..

"You might have to be gentle with me at first, Ravi, but I still regret not letting Kush Kazemi pound me senseless."

by Anonymousreply 553March 28, 2024 6:38 AM

Kush not getting into the “gay for pay” OnlyFans-type internet business was a huge missed opportunity.

Bye bye Ben. You won’t be missed.

by Anonymousreply 554March 29, 2024 4:17 AM

We may not be able to get Kush back but there's still hope for sexy Ranvir!

by Anonymousreply 555March 29, 2024 6:29 AM

Caught up with this past week’s episodes. Leticia Dean (Sharon) played her scenes like someone was just off-screen pointing a gun at her head. She looked incredibly tense. But having her arrested on Thursday’s cliffhanger was brilliant. I can’t believe Sharon had never been arrested before.

by Anonymousreply 556April 7, 2024 4:19 AM

Harriet Thorpe was beyond unbearable in last week’s episodes. She’s bellowing every single line like she’s playing Cruella DeVille at the London Palladium.

by Anonymousreply 557April 7, 2024 4:29 PM

It's so strange because I loved Harriet in AbFab, etc.. Definitely trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 558April 8, 2024 12:50 PM

I think she could have been great casting as Rocky’s harridan wife. Vicki Michelle didn’t have the comedy chops that Harriet does.

by Anonymousreply 559April 8, 2024 3:55 PM

Elaine is too old for George. Not a convincing couple.

by Anonymousreply 560April 11, 2024 12:07 AM

Ben has been sentenced to six years in an LA jail.

by Anonymousreply 561April 13, 2024 12:43 AM

Jim Morrison

by Anonymousreply 562April 13, 2024 12:45 AM

R561, was it specified the prison is in LA? I don’t remember hearing that. I assumed it was NY where he committed the fraud.

by Anonymousreply 563April 13, 2024 10:29 PM

R563 I didn't hear anything about LA (Los Angeles) either ... just the word "America" used twice.

But that said, if Ben's crimes were handled by a federal court, it wouldn't really matter, since federal prisoners don't necessarily get incarcerated in the state where the crime or their trial took place.

After sentencing, the federal Dept. of Corrections determines if the facility needs to be low, medium, or high security. After that, they have to find a facility that has space. They will sometimes try to take into consideration whether a convict has family nearby who would visit (since that can be seen as part of the rehabilitation process), but in Ben's case that wouldn't really be a factor; so sending him to California is entirely possible. Also, it's not uncommon for federal prisoners to be relocated during the course of their imprisonment. I know one guy who was relocated three times during a five year sentence.

by Anonymousreply 564April 14, 2024 2:37 AM

I thought Angry Ben flew to LA to seek alternative treatments for Lola.

by Anonymousreply 565April 14, 2024 2:48 AM

R565 That still wouldn't mean that's where Ben would be imprisoned long-term. .. In fact, on that subject, if Phil just got word from Ben on what his sentence was, it would be highly unlikely for Ben to even know where or what facility he was going to in order to serve his time. (That would be the case with either state or federal court.)

That determination has to be decided by the state or federal entity over corrections. They first do a case evaluation, then decide where they have room. This can take weeks or months. IRL, Ben would probably be at some detention center or temporary retention prison waiting on this decision.

by Anonymousreply 566April 14, 2024 3:16 AM

He'll only serve a couple of years for CC fraud and then they'll replace him with another, hotter actor.

by Anonymousreply 567April 14, 2024 10:47 PM

Last night's hourlong episode with Yolande's sexual assault was really well done. The show is really good right now.

by Anonymousreply 568April 18, 2024 7:04 PM

r568, it was a great episode, but current EP Chris Clenshaw needs to ease up a little what is turning out to be somewhat of a misogynistic pattern against the female characters.

Also, they really don’t need to drag out this Yolande sexual assault storyline. This evil, perverted Pastor needs his comeuppance soon. Hopefully the storyline won’t go longer than a month or two.

by Anonymousreply 569April 18, 2024 8:03 PM

[quote] He'll only serve a couple of years for CC fraud and then they'll replace him with another, hotter actor.

I'm thinking, It might also be nice, if they could actually recast this role for the umpteenth time with a gay actor for a change; but yes, hotter..lol.

by Anonymousreply 570April 18, 2024 8:35 PM

I was bored by the Yolande episode. She overacted and I wasn't interested in seeing all those other women.

by Anonymousreply 571April 18, 2024 9:25 PM

r571, Cheer up Debbie Downer. Geez!

by Anonymousreply 572April 18, 2024 9:26 PM

I agree with R571. Angela Wynter is being totally overpraised for her performance. All she’s really good at is raising her eyebrows and being sassy/stern in that charming Caribbean accent.

by Anonymousreply 573April 20, 2024 6:59 PM

The bad wig is also distracting.

by Anonymousreply 574April 20, 2024 10:33 PM

Say what you will about Yolande but she can sure as hell smack a bitch. 😂

by Anonymousreply 575April 20, 2024 11:09 PM

Anyone fancy the new (old) Peter?

by Anonymousreply 576April 20, 2024 11:37 PM

Frosted Tips Peter?

by Anonymousreply 577April 21, 2024 7:06 AM

[QUOTE] Say what you will about Yolande but she can sure as hell smack a bitch

So why didn't she smack the sex pest Pastor?

Every single time a person is raped or sexually assaulted on Eastenders, they react by becoming completely still and silent and the guy just gets on with it. Even Ben Mitchell acted like that when he was raped by the evil bar man and that was completely unrealistic. Never any shouting and struggle.

by Anonymousreply 578April 21, 2024 7:57 AM

Once again, we see DL's general understanding of sexual assault is extremely fucked up and antiquated. Freezing like a scared animal is a common reaction, and Yolande made it clear she's very private about her vagina when talking to Elaine.

by Anonymousreply 579April 21, 2024 8:18 AM

[QUOTE] Freezing like a scared animal is a common reaction,

Screaming, shouting and struggling is an even more common reaction, and yet we never see it, even from highly aggressive characters like Ben Mitchell. My point is that the characters should react differently, and they don't. When a man tried to rape me I fought him off.

by Anonymousreply 580April 21, 2024 8:25 AM

Stacey was pretty fiesty with Archie, looking back — or as much as the BBC would allow in 2009.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 21, 2024 8:34 AM

I mean she did kill her rapist in the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582April 21, 2024 9:03 AM

Lol, you had to go back 15 years to find an example of a character who fought back. No doubt if she was raped now she'd freeze.

by Anonymousreply 583April 21, 2024 9:21 AM

There's aren't a lot to choose from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584April 21, 2024 9:48 AM

Well fucking good for you r580. Not all sexual assaulted victims respond like that. Blaming the victim in any sort of way is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 585April 21, 2024 8:49 PM

Classic EastEnders is revving up again. It's at about 2005 a d Chrissy is about to get sent to the clink.

by Anonymousreply 586April 21, 2024 9:06 PM

I'll quit bugging you guys when I find out what's happened to my sweet Matt di Angelo.

Has his character murdered his own daughter with cystic fibrosis yet?

Whose Cheerios did the actor piss in to deserve this??

by Anonymousreply 587April 21, 2024 11:42 PM

Attested for Keanu's murder, messing with his daughter's medication, and planning to run away to the US and kidnap her.

by Anonymousreply 588April 22, 2024 12:59 AM

Oh I had my facts wrong. Did he kill Keanu for sure? And maybe he messed with her medication to HELP her? Come on, I want him to stay on the show. Matt's had a round road since that cutesy detective show he did with Robert Vaughn.

by Anonymousreply 589April 22, 2024 5:00 AM

* ROUGH road

by Anonymousreply 590April 22, 2024 5:01 AM

R589 - He didn't kill Keanu. Linda killed Keanu by stabbing him with the meat thermometer while he was trying to strangle Sharon. Sharon, Stacey, Kathy, Suki and Denise were all there (hence "The Six") and helped bury him in the caff. They set up Dean to take the rap. (After all, he never too the rap for raping Linda.)

As far as the medication goes, Dean was giving Jade empty capsules in order to keep her sick so she wouldn't leave him to live with her mother in Pakistan.

by Anonymousreply 591April 22, 2024 5:38 AM

What's worse is he was trying to frame darling Jean when Jade inevitably went to hospital with breathing problems.

by Anonymousreply 592April 22, 2024 7:15 AM

Well, I guess that's the nail in the coffin for Deano. Oh well - I'm tired of paying for a VPN anyway.

by Anonymousreply 593April 22, 2024 8:32 AM

I wish they’d bring back Sean Slater. Deano’s not aging well, and has a really pear-shaped body.

by Anonymousreply 594April 22, 2024 8:34 AM

So you think the character Deano is gonna be around long enough for a recast?

by Anonymousreply 595April 22, 2024 9:34 AM

All we know is Jade is leaving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596April 22, 2024 9:55 AM

Too many of the actors came straight from Anna Scher’s theatre school. It’s actually a bit too Cockney to represent London as it really is, full of new arrivals from all over.

by Anonymousreply 597April 22, 2024 10:37 AM

Next thread here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598April 22, 2024 10:44 AM

You bitch!

by Anonymousreply 599April 22, 2024 10:45 AM

You cow!

by Anonymousreply 600April 22, 2024 10:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!