Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

West Side Story is the product of a bunch of GAY JEWS!!

Arthur Laurents, the playwright, was a gay Jew Jerome Robbins, the director/choreographer, was a gay Jew Leonard Bernstein, the music composer, was a gay Jew Stephen Sondheim, the lyricist, was a gay Jew Larry Kerr, Tony, was a gay Jew

What is it about gay Jewish men that are exceptionally talented? Enough of this crap about black people being great at music.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2021 10:25 AM

One talented cohort doesn't exclude the other, Klan OP

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2021 7:19 AM

Script by Arthur Laurents = Arthur Levine.

Dances by Jerome Robbins = Jerome Rabinowitz.

Directed by Hal Prince = Harold Smith.

Lighting by Eugenia Rosenthal.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2021 8:07 AM

West Side Story Dec 2021 with gay Jews updated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2021 8:15 AM

You had to ruin it by complaining about black people.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2021 8:20 AM

[quote]What is it about gay Jewish men that are exceptionally talented?

You could ask the same thing about people from BROOKLYN....not necessarily gay or Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2021 8:20 AM

[quote]Enough of this crap about black people being great at music.

How is that crap?

Ridiculous thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2021 8:21 AM

[quote]What is it about gay Jewish men that are exceptionally talented?

Don't tell me! You're gay and Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2021 8:22 AM

Why did these Jewish men want to make a musical about Puerto Ricans?

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2021 8:23 AM

[quote] make a musical about Puerto Ricans?

Because Puerto Ricans have more mambo and samba compared to the Poles.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2021 8:36 AM

It is of course possible to celebrate the massive and incomparable achievement of American Jews without denigrating another group.

Musical theatre would be nothing without Jewish creative teams.

In addition to the West Side Story creative team there were the Jewish songwriters at the Brill Building.

Burt Bacharach and Hal David, Carole King and Gerry Goffin, Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil, Neil Diamond, Neil Sedaka, Jeff Barry and Ellie Greenwich, Morty Shuman wrote some of the most amazing songs of that era. And then there was Marvin Hamlisch and Alan and Marilyn Bergman, Carole Bayer Sager, Leiber & Stoller, Simon & Garfunkel, and later Billy Steinburg, Diane Warren and Greg Kurstin.

And it was of course a Jewish man who wrote Strange Fruit. Thank you Abel Meeropol.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2021 8:39 AM

Thee anti-semitic troll (remember him?) was on here saying the Jews have contributed nothing to America. Fucking idiot. Without the Jews America would be like modern West Germany.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2021 8:51 AM

Ethel Merman!

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2021 8:54 AM

Why didn't Ms. Moreno object to that, I wonder...?

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2021 9:15 AM

R9

I doubt I'd be bothered to see a musical about Poles.

The mambo dances and the song 'America' and as the centre of this musical's appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2021 9:36 AM

Racist Jewish Exceptionist wankers like OP really need to be shipped off Israel where they can harass Palestinians rather than boring the sane.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2021 9:46 AM

Damn those fucking Jews for having the temerity to point out their contributions to the world! Jews should only be highlighted when we can denigrate and lambast them.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2021 10:03 AM

FF r15

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2021 10:06 AM

Tough tit OP: you exposed your ugly racism with the "Enough of this crap about black people being great at music."

So you can forget trying to play the anti-semitism card.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2021 10:18 AM

[quote] What is it about gay Jewish men that are exceptionally talented?

Not helping the Jewish arrogance stereotype, OP.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2021 10:21 AM

What the fuck am I, gefilte fish?

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2021 11:37 AM

Ah,ah,ah....Gay Jews!

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2021 12:47 PM

Some credit is due to the lovingly domineering Yiddishe Mamele each one no doubt had.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2021 1:04 PM

Not that it matters, r12, but Ethel Merman was born and raised Episcopalian.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2021 1:36 PM

Amazed to learn that I have the literal Nazi at R15 already on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2021 2:02 PM

[quote]was a gay Jew Larry Kerr, Tony,

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2021 2:10 PM

Have never understood the hate for Jewish people

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2021 2:12 PM

I see Matt is back. I just hope his psychiatrist gave him stronger meds this time.

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2021 2:13 PM

Neither have I, r26. But I grew up in a New Jersey neighborhood that was a mix of Irish, Italian, and Jewish. I didn't realized Jews were a minority group until I went away to college (where, of course, most of my friends were Jewish).

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2021 2:18 PM

I once read the joke (I forget which comedian) that the idea that “Jews run Hollywood” is a ridiculous falsehood — it’s GAY Jews who run Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2021 2:27 PM

It's like this, OP...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2021 2:35 PM

Thanks, r30. That episode of Great Performances "is unavailable in your area." But I can watch it on Amazon for $3.99.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2021 2:42 PM

R28) I was raised in small southern town, which to my knowledge there very few Jewish people, if any. I moved to a larger city and that’s where I started see the hate for them. Just don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote] Just don’t get it.

You don’t get 'the hate? You could get some if you changed your name to Seymour Rabinowtz or Chaim Rosenberg.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2021 7:42 PM

Oh honey. Are you new to show business?

We're fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2021 7:44 PM

[quote]Chaim Rosenberg.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2021 9:13 AM

R33) What I said was I don’t get it….meaning I don’t understand why people hate Jews.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2021 10:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!