Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else think Leonardo DiCaprio was most attractive in The Departed?

That was his true peak IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 27, 2021 3:44 PM

Also the last time he looked in shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2021 2:42 AM

He should’ve won an Oscar for this movie, but was nominated for the awful Blood Diamond instead.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2021 2:53 AM

Stunning. I'll see any movie with Matt and Leo, together would be heaven.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2021 3:06 AM

DiCaprio is never the most attractive. Especially when co-starring with Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2021 3:12 AM

R4 He was definitely more attractive than Damon in The Departed.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2021 3:16 AM

Does Leo do anal?

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2021 10:54 AM

He was great in that film. Sometimes all I see his real life DiCaprio in his films, but he played an angst riddled character really well.

by Anonymousreply 7December 19, 2021 3:30 AM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 8December 19, 2021 3:33 AM

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 9December 19, 2021 3:59 AM

Leo was charming circa 2006. Something changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 19, 2021 4:05 AM

So depressing he’s this generation’s star. It doesn’t even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 11December 19, 2021 4:06 AM

R11 It actually makes perfect sense when you watch him in movies. Leo in real life is another story.

by Anonymousreply 12December 19, 2021 4:07 AM

Makes no sense. Zero.

by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2021 4:13 AM

River Phoenix, yes. Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 14December 19, 2021 4:14 AM

R14 Why so many people downplay Leo’s talent in favor of River, but they don’t do the same with Joaquin? People also assume River was Leo’s idol when that’s not the case. James Dean is his idol.

by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2021 4:17 AM

He was actually hot on

Growing Pains

by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2021 4:26 AM

Enough with Leonardo DiCaprio. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 17December 19, 2021 4:28 AM

R16 Leo was surrounded by convicted sex offenders on the set of Growing Pains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 19, 2021 4:33 AM

I think he was at his hottest in The Beach.

by Anonymousreply 19December 19, 2021 5:16 AM

never find him "attractive", even in Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 20December 19, 2021 5:30 AM

Romeo+Juliet

by Anonymousreply 21December 19, 2021 5:41 AM

hate this smug asshole.

by Anonymousreply 22December 19, 2021 5:47 AM

[quote]! So depressing he’s this generation’s star. It doesn’t even make sense

Because…he’s a good actor? At least in the opinion of those who hire actors for movies.

Every year i show Romeo+Juliet to my class, and every year I’m astonished all over again at how good he is. He made that Shakespearean dialogue sing. Clair Danes sounded like she was in a high-school production by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 23December 19, 2021 8:26 AM

I also thought he looked good in The Great Gatsby and The Wolf of Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2021 1:23 AM

Catch Me If You Can was the best “young Leo.”

by Anonymousreply 25December 27, 2021 1:25 AM

Fun Fact:

an agent suggested DiCaprio change his name to Lenny Williams to appeal to American audiences, would he have had as much success as Lenny Williams?

by Anonymousreply 26December 27, 2021 1:46 AM

He’s not a star at all. Not even remotely. There’s nothing about him that gets me excited for anything.

by Anonymousreply 27December 27, 2021 1:50 AM

R27 Dislike him for his personal life all you want, but I don’t understand how someone can watch Catch Me If You Can or The Wolf of Wall Street and say he’s not a star.

by Anonymousreply 28December 27, 2021 1:54 AM

Society is at a low point these past 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 29December 27, 2021 1:58 AM

R15 I think Leo was influenced by River. Case in point: Dogfight linked below. Tell me that performance doesn't remind you o DiCaprio. I think Leo looked up to the Phoenix brothers. He admitted that he studied Joaquin's performance in the PARENTHOOD movie when he auditioned (and won) the same role for the TV adaptation in the early '90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 27, 2021 2:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 27, 2021 2:07 AM

R30 He was definitely influenced by River, but I don’t think River was his biggest acting influence like people assume. That would be James Dean.

From Wikipedia:

Leonardo DiCaprio also cited Dean as one of his favorite and most influential actors.[124] When asked about which performances stayed with him the most in an interview, DiCaprio responded, "I remember being incredibly moved by Jimmy Dean, in East of Eden. There was something so raw and powerful about that performance. His vulnerability…his confusion about his entire history, his identity, his desperation to be loved. That performance just broke my heart."

by Anonymousreply 32December 27, 2021 2:45 AM

I second Romeo and Juliet.

The only time Romeo is much more prettier than Juliet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 27, 2021 3:01 AM

I really feel Leo is underrated in The Departed. He was the perfect combination of boyish and masculine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 27, 2021 3:08 AM

Loved him as CooCoo for Cocoa Puffs Howard Hughes in the Aviator. Thought he looked great in the Stetson Stratoliner. Loved the scene when he lets Blanchett as Hepburn fly his plane & drink milk from his bottle. Thought he should have got the Oscar for that one.

by Anonymousreply 35December 27, 2021 3:24 AM

He will always be attractive to me

by Anonymousreply 36December 27, 2021 3:27 AM

I agree that the Departed was his peak. He no longer looked like a twink but he hadn't blown up into the pumpkin head he is now.

by Anonymousreply 37December 27, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote] 'He was definitely more attractive than Damon in The Departed."

You're entitled to your opinion, R5.

by Anonymousreply 38December 27, 2021 7:13 AM

[quote] He’s not a star at all. Not even remotely. There’s nothing about him that gets me excited for anything.

I can't stand Leonardo DiCaprio, he seems really slimy and haven't seen a movie he stars in for ages, but just because you don't get excited about him does not mean he isn't a star. 'Not stars' don't get the number of leads in major movies as he does.

by Anonymousreply 39December 27, 2021 3:28 PM

He isn’t a star.

by Anonymousreply 40December 27, 2021 3:30 PM

Have never once, for even a second, thought he was remotely attractive. I don't understand the idea that he is attractive, and I don't think he's a particularly amazing actor. He's proficient as an actor, but none of his performances ever screamed "Oh, hand him the Oscar now!" to me.

by Anonymousreply 41December 27, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote] 'Not stars' don't get the number of leads in major movies as he does.

I think he's the "push actor" to end all push actors, and either

(a) He was the pet of older actors/directors like Scorcese and got many movies out of that association

or

(b) He was one of the H'wood kids that someone diddled when they were young, and his access to roles and movies was probably in exchange for him keeping his mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 42December 27, 2021 3:35 PM

DiCaprio has many fans outside DL. They tend to be women and straight men, mostly. But they consider him a star. And they are the majority, so...

by Anonymousreply 43December 27, 2021 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!