Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How was Warren Beatty able to escape #MeToo?

Being such a ladies man and all. I guess he was a gentleman?

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2021 5:42 PM

I also wonder the same about Jack Nicholson.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2021 1:21 AM

Could it be -shudder- that they actually got consent from all the women they slept with?

Just a side note: Has anyone else noticed that it's rare for someone to claim they were forced by someone considered sexually desirable? Saying your fucked Beatty or Nicholson would be a badge of honor for most of us. But maybe they are creeps who have raped women over the years, and those women are too afraid to speak up because they feel no one would believe them -obviously those guys could get so many women so easily...

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2021 1:39 AM

R2 I get what you’re saying but it’s not rare. See: Kobe Bryant

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2021 1:43 AM

I don't think being a slut is worthy of a MeToo.

Nicholson is a big ? for me though, not just because of his close association with Polanski, but his multiple court cases over beating hookers.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2021 1:45 AM

R4 “his multiple court cases over beating hookers”

Whut really?

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2021 1:46 AM

They're both ancient now and have been more or less out of the public eye for quite a awhile. They're too old and out of date for the Twitter mob to care about.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2021 1:48 AM

Beatty was a major manwhore who would fuck just about any woman with a willing vagina, but from all account've heard, it was all consensual. No harassing or "if you fuck me, you'll get a part in this movie."

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2021 1:49 AM

There have been quite a few recent "desireable" stars who have been accused: Ansel Elgort, Justin Bieber, that Game of Thrones (?) Scandinavian...

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2021 1:50 AM

R6 The same could be said about Dustin Hoffman, but that didn’t stop women from coming forward about him.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2021 1:51 AM

As well as Armie Hammer…

If you are famous, especially for your looks, you will have more than the usual share of women open to the idea of sleeping with you. If a guy like that is instead hurting and forcing women, he’s especially creepy.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2021 1:52 AM

I don’t think Beatty sexually assaulted anyone fwiw, but with his playboy reputation I’m surprised he was unscathed by the #MeToo movement.

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2021 1:54 AM

I may do so.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2021 1:55 AM

R12 I’m sure she’s one of the 1000 women he had sex with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2021 1:57 AM

Being promiscuous as an incredibly handsome man doesn't make you a sexual abuser. Maybe he was respectful to the women he was with? Unlike Brando who was a pig. Brando is lucky by the virtue of the period he lived in. I don't like this era of sex negativity and making unpleasant hookups into sexual harassment. Relationships involve both parties.

Also was Warren 100% hetero though? I just find it hard to believe he never sucked or touched a dick at least once in his life. And it's not just because he's goodlooking.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2021 8:20 PM

R9, Dustin Hoffman was called out for harassing and fondling powerless women on stage and in his movies. He also got pervy with his daughter's 14 year old friend. Real scum, I'm surprised people still hire him.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2021 8:44 PM

Miriam Margolyes was asked about the #metoo movement on a UK chat show and discussed how Warren Beatty had propositioned her on the set of Reds and how she'd dealt with him, dismissing women who had been victims because they should have dealt with predatory men who propositioned them in the same way.

She tells so many amazing stories I wonder how many are total bullshit and how many are embellished beyond recognition.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2021 8:49 PM

I actually cried when I read the woman who was with him in Death of a Salesman's account of what Hoffman did to her. It was a dream for her to get that part. He turned it into the worst experience of her life. She BEGGED him to stop. Begged him. It was like he couldn't hear her. Just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2021 8:49 PM

There's a lot of sex negativity now. Sex between consenting adults is not all gumdrops and flowers. It has consequences. Things can go wrong and experiences sour. But painting every bad hookup experience as harassment is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2021 9:02 PM

"I actually cried when I read the woman who was with him in Death of a Salesman's account of what Hoffman did to her."

And what about that one in the recording booth? NIGHTMARE FUEL.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2021 9:09 PM

R18 = doesn't get it

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2021 9:20 PM

I have a theory as to why people let Dustin's behavior slide...it's because he's hideous and people, mainly men, sympathize with his inability to attract pretty young women without resorting to force. Same for Roman Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2021 9:24 PM

R21, Hoffman was a womanizer in the traditional sense too, before and after becoming famous and got plenty of beautiful women. He even cheated relentlessly in his pretty first wife -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2021 9:28 PM

There's an element of tolerating the abusive indulgences of great artistes - the same with sports coaches who get good results - because repulsive behaviour is needed to deliver that great art.

Of course it's possible to create good art and not be an abusive rapey cunt.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2021 9:36 PM

R21 Sharon Tate was a beautiful young woman and for whatever reason was in love with Polanski

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2021 9:42 PM

But she was just one woman R24. Men want to attract many pretty women and if they are unattractive themselves it's harder to do so.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2021 9:46 PM

R24 , she was an actress. He was a director. That was enough.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2021 12:06 AM

Beatty, Nicholson, and Robert Evans were running dogs for years. And they all escaped the pointing fingers. Well, there was that Sharon Stone thing about Evans chaining women up in the basement or something. But he shook it off.

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2021 12:45 AM

Phew.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2021 1:08 AM

Dustin Hoffman IS hideous. I watched Tootsie for the first time recently. There's a part where he's in his underwear and he had the body of someone 50 years older.

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2021 1:19 AM

Sharon Stone is a supreme bullshitter, and nothing she says has an ounce of truth imho.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2021 1:22 AM

I don't think Beatty was a predator. I think he enjoyed seducing women but I don't think he forced them into bed.

Miriam Margoyles as referenced above spurned his advances during an interview for a part in Reds (and it was conducted in his trailer) and she still got the part.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2021 6:21 AM

He's a creep to quiz Margolyes like that.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote]that Game of Thrones (?) Scandinavian...

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau?

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2021 7:16 AM

See R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2021 9:38 AM

[quote]I don't think Beatty was a predator.

He was a predator, he admitted he was a predator. I'll guess he wasn't obnoxious about it and took rejection gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2021 12:41 PM

Also Beatty got married in the 90s right? Seems like he was out of commission (assuming he’s stayed faithful) for some time now, so his accusers would be from the 80s and much earlier. Not sure if that group of women are really into speaking out on social media. They would be in their 50s and older.

Or he just got consent and there wasn’t an issue.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2021 12:50 PM

Beatty had a relationship with Halle Berry. He was who she called after her hit and run incident.

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2021 1:45 PM

Wow, really, R37? I never heard of them hooking up.

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2021 2:20 PM

Beatty was handsome, intelligent, powerful - kind of the King of Hollywood from the late 60s to the early 80s. I doubt he got many no’s.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2021 2:39 PM

R37, as he got older, Beatty took what was readily available - co-stars. Halle, Diane Keaton, Madonna. I found it kind of pathetic.

R39, when a 50+ year old, no matter who he is, hits on women half his age, he's bound to get some "nos."

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2021 2:51 PM

Seems he was boringly straight. Shame those beautiful lips of his weren't put to good use. Brando at least gave out blowjobs.

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2021 3:07 PM

Big Dick

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2021 3:08 PM

Beautiful?! Fish lips!

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2021 3:09 PM

I've read suggestions that Beatty shared his special charms with Tennessee Williams to win the part in 'The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone.'

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2021 4:39 PM

Never fuck the writer!

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2021 4:44 PM

They made Bulwoth (sp?) together in the late nineties, r38. He was married to Bening by then, but l don't think that he was faithful to her by any stretch of the imagination. Sex addicts don't stop.

Some men like him reach a certain age and realize that they need progeny. Clooney did it. (but his motives were a little mixed, right?)

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2021 4:58 PM

R44, I thought that was William Inge for Beatty's first film, Splendor in the Grass (1961). By the time of The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone, Beatty didn't have to beg for anything.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2021 5:08 PM

Beatty has always been gorgeous. Few people would have turned him down.

He probably didn't need to force himself on anyone.

Gotta love Jane...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2021 5:21 PM

Wonder if madge was to much for poor ol b?

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2021 5:25 PM

Warren has a soft spoken, almost feminine demeanor. Women like that shit far better than brutes.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2021 5:35 PM

I can't imagine Joanie Saintangelo enjoying a femme boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2021 5:36 PM

I think Beatty's beauty peaked in the 60s when he was Diet James Dean. Paul Newman was hotter for a longer period of time.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2021 6:52 PM

For such a ladies man I don’t really hear women gush about Beatty in his prime. Not like they do with Redford.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2021 12:29 AM

R53, Redford was handsome but sexless. That may have been his appeal - the perfect looking movie star anyone could project their fantasies on.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2021 12:35 AM

I watched Heaven Can Wait the other night and I found Warren - who I typically don't fancy - very handsome and very sexy in it. The way he pined over Julie Christie was very affecting.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote] he admitted he was a predator.

Source?

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2021 1:39 AM

R54 I actually think Beatty is the sexless one. I recently watched him in Shampoo and his screen presence was rather bland.

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2021 2:20 AM

R52 I have to agree. Beatty had a lot of sex appeal in Splendor in the Grass but it’s missing in his later roles.

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2021 2:21 AM

"Let's face it, I fucked 'em all. I mean, that's what I do. That's why I went to beauty school. I mean, they're always there and I-I just can't I-I, you know, I - I don't know what I'm apologizing for. So, sometimes I fuck 'em. I go into that shop and they're so great lookin', you know, and I - I doing their hair and they feel great and they smell great. Or, I could be out on the street, you know, and I could just stop at a stoplight or go into an elevator or - I - it's a beautiful girl - I - I don't know - I mean, that's it! It makes my day. I mean, it makes me feel like I'm gonna live forever."

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2021 5:02 PM

Warren Beatty knew how to seduce women. And he was a gentleman and a great listener. I don't think that Jack Nicholson was in the same league.

by Anonymousreply 60December 7, 2021 5:33 PM

What did Beatty see in Joan Collins? It wasn't like she was even particularly hot in terms of her career.

by Anonymousreply 61December 7, 2021 6:17 PM

Even though he got around I think that he wasn't predatory. He's a rare breed in that regard because his bedpost probably ran out of room for his notches at some point. I also don't think he was one for drugs or underage ladies. Of course I could be dead wrong.

I read the unauthorized biography on him. Reading fluff sometimes is a fun way to practice my English literacy skills since it's not my first language. There's a lot of tales about how he genuinely appreciated a very wide variety of ladies almost compulsively but seemingly knew how to take "no" for an answer because he would just move onto another lady.

The best tale I read was when he called a lady he knew who had fallen ill with cancer and had a mastectomy. She confided in him that she felt as though her husband no longer found her attractive and Beatty said words to the effect of that if she wanted he would fly out to her and make love to her himself. I like that.

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]What did Beatty see in Joan Collins?

She was five years older and a slut. All young 24 year old straight guys go for that.

by Anonymousreply 63December 7, 2021 8:45 PM

I’m pretty sure Warren never had to resort to that kind of manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 64December 7, 2021 11:46 PM

[Quote] She was five years older and a slut. All young 24 year old straight guys go for that.

But they were a couple. He didn't just fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2021 7:38 AM

Colin Farrell was infamous in the 2000s for fucking everyone and apparently would give charity fucks to old ladies or ugly girls because he was so horny. But I don't recall any sexual harassment stories from him. He always seemed like a very nice and gentle person which could be why.

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2021 11:20 AM

There was no Me too in his time.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2021 11:38 AM

He was hot and they usually don't need to push women to have sex, they are more than willing. To be a man whore is not #metoo material if is consensual.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2021 12:19 PM

No one is really interested in Warren Beatty anymore.

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2021 12:38 PM

There are straight men who just like sex and don’t mind how they get it or how the woman feels about it. Then there are the (rarer, in my experience) straight men who genuinely like women as people and also like sex. My guess is Beatty is the latter. These women may have just been in his bed for an hour, but they didn’t leave feeling like dog shit.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2021 12:40 PM

And certainly his reputation preceded him. I don't think women had sex with him expecting love and romance or anything more than a hook up. And women a relationship with him probably didn't expect fidelity.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2021 12:45 PM

This victimhood mentality is beyond the pale. Babies babies everywhere . And who screams the loudest seems to win. Its disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2021 1:01 PM

He treated women with respect.

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2021 1:03 PM

Agree R70. I know a guy just like that.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2021 1:14 PM

Seems to me he wasn't rapey. He was upfront about his desires and never pushed it (or was punitive) if a lady turned him down.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2021 5:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!