Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bradley Cooper revealed he was held at knifepoint on a New York City subway in 2019

Bradley Cooper revealed on a podcast this week that he was once held at knifepoint on a New York City subway.

He told "Armchair Expert" host Dax Shepard that in October 2019, he was heading downtown to pick up his daughter, Lea, from Russian school when the event took place.

"I realized I had gotten way, way too comfortable in the city," the "Hangover" actor said on Monday's episode of the podcast.. "My guard was down."

It's unclear if Cooper was on a train or in a subway station when the incident occurred, but he said he was leaning against a post when a stranger approached him.

"I felt somebody coming up. I thought, Oh they want to take a photo or something. As I turned, I'm up against the post like it's the 'French Connection' or some shit, and I turned. I looked down and I see a knife."

Cooper said he had his headphones on the whole time so he couldn't hear anything that was going on.

The actor said he was ultimately able to run away through a station entrance.

"I just started booking, just started running. I jumped over the turnstile, hid around the white, tiled entrance to the subway [and] took my phone out," Cooper recalled.

He said he then snapped photos of the suspect and tracked down a pair of nearby police officers to report the incident.

Once Cooper confirmed he was unhurt, he got back on the subway and picked up his daughter, he said.

"It was pretty insane," Cooper said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 4, 2021 5:44 PM

Must have been cruising for cock, and hit on the wrong guy.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2021 7:42 PM

Something a transplant would claim.

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2021 7:43 PM

Thank you Mr. de Blasio! I hope you and your crooked wife burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2021 7:44 PM

He should have declared, "Do you KNOW who I AM??!!!"

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2021 7:44 PM

You just know it was a sniveling Datalounger…

“Let me see your cock!”

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2021 7:46 PM

It was a gay guy cleaning his nails. Calm down, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2021 7:47 PM

Thanks DeBlasio 😃 love him.

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote] It's unclear if Cooper was on a train or in a subway station when the incident occurred

Or a bathroom stall.

[quote] but he said he was leaning against a post when a stranger approached him

Sounds like he was cruising.

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2021 7:48 PM

Did Bradley shart?

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2021 7:50 PM

He probably just wanted his money back after having seen "A Star is Born".

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2021 7:51 PM

Rofl R10!

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2021 7:54 PM

R7, there was more crime under Giuliani than there is unde de Blasio. Nice try, troll

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2021 7:56 PM

He's a crybaby.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2021 7:57 PM

R12 A true New Yorker knows crime went down during the Giuliani and Bloomberg years. Those 2 were the ones who truly fixed it. While de Blasio's NYC is not as bad as the 80s, they gave him the city in "great" conditions, and he has been fucking that up, as crime has slowly gone up since he took office 8 years ago (not to mention the significant raise in the last 2 years).

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2021 8:04 PM

Wearing headphones on a NYC subway is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2021 8:09 PM

....have you been on a subway r15? Everyone is wearing headphones.

Anyway this story seems bullshit. So it was the middle of a weekday afternoon and no one saw Bradley Cooper get held at knife point in a subway station and go running and jump over some turnstiles?

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2021 8:13 PM

What the hell is a Russian school?

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2021 8:13 PM

Exactly, R16.

That's why I think he was cruising for dick.

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2021 8:14 PM

^I was just about to say. Or just about anywhere in public.

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2021 8:15 PM

R19 is meant for r15.

Everybody may be wearing them, r16, but people lose situational awareness if they become engrossed by a podcast, music, etc. Same if they're caught up on their phones.

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2021 8:20 PM

Russian school? I guess his Russian ex, that weird looking 'model' Irina Shit, is forcing the kid to learn Russian? ugh

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote] What the hell is a Russian school?

It's a place that you take your kid when you want to get away from your wife and cruise for cock, for a couple of hours.

"Honey, I'm taking XXXX to Russian school. Be back after she's done!"

Then you head to the Men's Room at the train station and lean against a pillar.

But sometimes, you get held at knifepoint.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2021 8:29 PM

Where do all these "Bradley Cooper is gay" rumors come from?

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2021 8:30 PM

[quote] Russian school? I guess his Russian ex, that weird looking 'model' Irina Shit, is forcing the kid to learn Russian? ugh

Bradley's a pretentious twit.

He himself is fluent in French, so I'm surprised that he enrolled the girl in Russian classes, rather than French.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2021 8:31 PM

^ R23 You tell me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2021 8:34 PM

He took the subway? Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2021 8:38 PM

R26 What's wrong with taking the subway?

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2021 8:40 PM

The perp was not one of his FANNNNNNNS. Probably doesn't like the Rocket character. (Can't say I blame them)

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2021 8:40 PM

It is decidedly underclass r27 I know he's never one but even for a nominee a subway is unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2021 8:42 PM

Bradley's career began when he narrated a series of travel TV shows. He was openly gay then. That's where it started. He was very good in the shows . They were "Treks in a Wild World" and they ran from 2000-2001 - more than 20 years ago when he was 25.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2021 8:45 PM

R29 People don't necessarily take the subway because it's cheap. He obviously can afford any car service. People take it because most of the time it's the fastest method of transportation in NYC, especially during rush hours (he mentioned he was on his way to pick up his daughter from school, which had to be between 3:00 - 4:00 PM. Rush hours begins around that time here). Have fun getting stuck in Manhattan traffic up to 30 minutes in a cab/Uber. Or does daddy pay for your private helicopter?

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2021 8:50 PM

You are taking a post signed "goop" far too seriously r31.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2021 9:09 PM

Then he... he raped me right there on the platform!

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2021 9:14 PM

I'm dubious.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2021 9:15 PM

Christ, the only "situational awareness" people on train are concerned about is making sure they don't miss their stop r20. You aren't going to get anywhere by telling people not to listen to their music/headphones/audio books. Headphones are a ubiquitous part of public transportation.

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2021 9:15 PM

What a story! Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end.

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2021 9:19 PM

Bradley attended the Emmys with Victor Garber who introduced him as his "protege".

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2021 9:20 PM

That sniveling little twat almost got robbed? On a subway platform? And no one saw it happen? In the middle of the afternoon?

Sure, Blanche. Did you come up with this shit while hanging in a sling, while twinks stuffed cocaine up your ass?

Sounds like a Brett Easton Ellis short story.

by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2021 9:28 PM

R31, David Muir told Kelly and Ryan last week that he takes the subway to ABC from home @ :50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 29, 2021 9:44 PM

R32 Isn't the purpose of this website to discuss?

by Anonymousreply 40November 29, 2021 9:53 PM

The “mugger” was Irina Shayk. She was collecting on late child support payments.

by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote]That sniveling little twat almost got robbed? On a subway platform? And no one saw it happen? In the middle of the afternoon?

1) People are often too self involved to notice what's going on around them, Cooper even said he wasn't paying attention and couldn't hear anything.

2) Sometimes when people do notice something is amiss they either can't be bothered to intervene or they do nothing out of fear for their own safety.

He said he filed a police report, if this happened there is a record of it.

by Anonymousreply 42November 29, 2021 9:59 PM

But the story is the guy pulled the knife on him and Bradley Cooper took off running and jumped over the turnstiles to escape from the station. Someone would notice even while they are listening to their podcast r42.

by Anonymousreply 43November 29, 2021 10:01 PM

Getty Images has tons of images of him walking around NYC with and without his daughter. He’s totally unpretentious and is always taking public transportation. He even took the subway to and from Broadway during his run of The Elephant Man.

by Anonymousreply 44November 29, 2021 10:05 PM

I thought bradleycooper was that football guy. Oie am i outta touch.

by Anonymousreply 45November 29, 2021 10:21 PM

Did he make Bradley give him a blowjob at knife point, too?

Oh, the humanity!

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2021 12:20 AM

Bradley's starring in a remake of The Rape of Richard Beck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2021 12:32 AM

Subway cam of Coop being boarded leaked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 30, 2021 1:14 AM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 49November 30, 2021 1:21 AM

Police report? What a lame publicity tour. His new movie must suck ass

by Anonymousreply 50November 30, 2021 1:28 AM

Lol R48!!

by Anonymousreply 51November 30, 2021 1:39 AM

r48, is that Marky Mark fucking Bradley?

by Anonymousreply 52November 30, 2021 1:42 AM

His name is Michael Ian Black, R52.

by Anonymousreply 53November 30, 2021 1:47 AM

His name is Michael Ian Black, R52.

by Anonymousreply 54November 30, 2021 1:48 AM

r31 People of stature don't take the subway. It's just not done. Yes Daddy of course would have paid for a private helicopter for me if I'd have asked him. We were very close. As close as two people can get. I didn't need him to pay for anything though since I'm a self-made lifestyle guru, philanthropist and all around star half way to an EGOT.

I really should be addressing you anymore. This is why we don't recommend speaking to the underclass. You just never get anywhere. If you come to your senses and want to rise above your underground filthy train follow me and perhaps you to can become a self-made member of the upper strata.

Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 55November 30, 2021 1:50 AM

The perp felt fearless because Brad is 5' 7"

by Anonymousreply 56November 30, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote]Thank you Mr. de Blasio! I hope you and your crooked wife burn in hell.

a. there is no hell;

b. crime went down under DiBlasio (see chart);

c. you're a hysterical cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 30, 2021 1:53 AM

R55 This you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2021 1:55 AM

What R31 said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 30, 2021 2:06 AM

R57 That chart is from 1960 from 2019, so I'm afraid that's irrelevant. Like I said, crime significantly went down when Giuliani and Bloomberg stepped in (basically from 1994 to 2013), so de Blasio got the city in good condition crime wise. Let's compare crime from 8 years ago, the relevant relevant statistics, shall we? 4/7 of those major crimes rose up during the de Blasio organization. I have to also add that almost 7 of out those 7 major crimes also pretty much stayed on the same numbers during his administration, whereas the previous organizations managed to bring them down significantly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote]Bradley Cooper revealed he was held at knifepoint on a New York City subway

He must have been strumming a guitar and singing Shallow and wouldn’t listen to pleas to stop.

by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2021 2:22 AM

Why would he even trot out this story? Because the movie sucks!

by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2021 3:45 AM

The criminal and lazy NYPD hates De Blasio and they refuse to do their job and ignore crime to make the mayor look bad. I really believe this is the case.

by Anonymousreply 63November 30, 2021 3:52 AM

People have dignity don't take the subway. The karma of the underclass inhabitants can rub off on you and you'll never be able to achieve what I have. Plus what if it gets stuck? You could miss your hourly colonic which I hope you are all doing.

These people. I don't know. I thought this was a more affluent website. I'm just appalled.

by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote]That chart is from 1960 from 2019, so I'm afraid that's irrelevant.

Di Blasio was mayor from 2013 through 2019, when violent crime went down across the board.

[quote]I have to also add that almost 7 of out those 7 major crimes also pretty much stayed on the same numbers during his administration, whereas the previous organizations managed to bring them down significantly.

So you admit you're just massaging numbers to fit your narrative? Good to hear.

by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2021 4:31 AM

R65 De Blasio is still the mayor, dipshit. 2020 had more violence and crime than 2019.

Wait, so you're ignoring everything I pointed out (which is more relevant that that chart you provided), and somehow you accuse me of massaging numbers to "fit MY narrative"? Wow, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2021 4:36 AM

My whole reaction to Bradley’s made up story is “Sure, Jan.”

by Anonymousreply 67November 30, 2021 4:40 AM

[quote] Lea, from Russian school when the event took place.

so his daughter is training to be a Boris? I wonder if she knows about DL.

Bradley probably does.

by Anonymousreply 68November 30, 2021 4:44 AM

R68 They're training her to become this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 30, 2021 4:49 AM

Bradley Cooper is really handsome.

by Anonymousreply 70November 30, 2021 5:20 AM

^Hi, Bradley!

by Anonymousreply 71November 30, 2021 5:22 AM

R14 crime peaked NATIONWIDE in the early 90s and then started to decline. Giving Rudy and Bloomberg credit for something that was already happening is really ignorant. Where those two guys also the mayors of Seattle, Cleveland and Tampa? Crime in NYC has never come close to returning to pre-1990 levels, despite what you see on Fox News. You're pushing a bullshit narrative and you should be ashamed of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 72November 30, 2021 6:00 AM

R72 Tell me you're not from New York without telling me you're not from New York.

by Anonymousreply 73November 30, 2021 6:04 AM

Another crazed Madonna fan.

by Anonymousreply 74November 30, 2021 6:08 AM

Giuliani took credit for implementing the broken windows theory, which cracked down on small crimes in order to presumably stop bigger ones. So poor people got punished hard. The numbers didn't lie, crime went down. Took a while for it to be shown that it was legalized abortion in 1972 that was far more responsible for the 90's crime drop. Also, most crime statistics are bullshit. Shootings and murders you can count, other than that its all about what gets counted and by who.

Meanwhile, in the United States, we still don't track when cops shoot and kill people (in many states). Seems like those might be useful statistics to have.

by Anonymousreply 75November 30, 2021 6:23 AM

R66 is an idiot who can't read a simple chart, and all that "every New Yorker knows" crap is what morons say when they don't have facts to back up their declarations so they try to pretend that what they are saying is an accepted fact when it isn't. It's a perception, not reality. The amount of focus that is placed on crime in the media has more of an effect on how people see their environment than reality.

by Anonymousreply 76November 30, 2021 7:20 AM

R66 has an agenda, that's all. He's most likely a right-wing Republican. And you know what that means.

by Anonymousreply 77November 30, 2021 7:22 AM

Lol R1 is mean.

by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2021 8:41 AM

[bold]For people wonder why he told this story:[/bold]

It really was just friends chit-chatting. It wasn't some big "story" or "wow factor" of the podcast chat.

Bradly was on Dax Shepard's podcast and apparently they're good friends - and they were talking about some high end airpods or some product. Dax was talking about how good they were at blocking out "the world" when he was having a mini-mental breakdown and needed to ignore everyone for a bit. Bradley, laughing, said he was wearing them on the Subway and realized he'd lost all awareness of his environment when a guy with a knife showed up.

Again, It was almost an aside story, not some headline.

It comes up pretty early in the episode if I remember right. It's from Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard on Spotify - I think it's the episode of 11/29/21 - If you care to listen. It was just okay for me because, since they're such good friends, a lot of it was them telling each other what they like about each other. But it is fun to hear the stories/situations of then hanging out together years ago when they were both just working actors.

by Anonymousreply 79November 30, 2021 11:21 AM

Bradley prepares to be "assaulted".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 30, 2021 2:38 PM

Bradley Cooper is a right-wing closet case MAGAT cunt who CHOSE to glorify right-wing murderer Chris Kyle.

Fuck him!!!

Hope he burns in HELL!!

by Anonymousreply 81November 30, 2021 4:32 PM

The only thing that would make him a target, especially during the day, is his being White. Otherwise, who would try to mug a 6 foot tall male who looks like he is in shape?

by Anonymousreply 82November 30, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote] Otherwise, who would try to mug a 6 foot tall male who looks like he is in shape?

Someone targeting one who is trolling for cock at train stations.

by Anonymousreply 83November 30, 2021 4:37 PM

R83, no one trolls for cock in subway stations and no one has for a few decades. The toilets were closed years ago. With the advent of sex search apps, no one even trolls in parks anymore.

by Anonymousreply 84November 30, 2021 4:46 PM

Bradley Cooper is a creep.

by Anonymousreply 85November 30, 2021 6:24 PM

8 Oscar nominations. 0 wins. How does a person live with something like that? I'll ask my friend.

by Anonymousreply 86November 30, 2021 7:14 PM

R76 So the official crime chart from the NYC website I provided is irrelevant? Go cry under the covers, buttercup.

by Anonymousreply 87November 30, 2021 7:16 PM

R77 Right, because you will call ANYONE a GOP for the smallest amount of ideological difference from you, of course. You're a very simple-minded person.

by Anonymousreply 88November 30, 2021 7:18 PM

Big deal.

He didn’t have a rope thrown around his neck now, did he?

by Anonymousreply 89November 30, 2021 7:29 PM

He probably ran because he soiled himself.

by Anonymousreply 90November 30, 2021 7:49 PM

Gasps clutching her pearls, that is one reason I never, ever take the subway, always a cab. So many unsavory degenerates lurking around subway stations. I shiver wondering if that knife holder asked Bradley to unzip his pants.

by Anonymousreply 91November 30, 2021 8:08 PM

Thats nice r79. I still don't believe this happened.

Maybe a version of this something like this happened, but not as he told it.

by Anonymousreply 92November 30, 2021 8:24 PM

Bradley Cooper is like Aaron Rodgers.

Notorious liars and closet cases.

You can't believe a word that either of them says.

by Anonymousreply 93November 30, 2021 8:28 PM

R84, tell that to all the guys who've been arrested for cruising in parks and other places

by Anonymousreply 94November 30, 2021 8:30 PM

R75, crime went down NATIONALLY in the 90s, Giuliani didn't have a thing to do with it

by Anonymousreply 95November 30, 2021 8:32 PM

There are people to still cruise for sex in the Central Park rambles, but yeah no one cruises in subway stations. Like r84 said, they don't even have bathrooms anymore.

by Anonymousreply 96November 30, 2021 8:33 PM

I found this hard to believe too. And it was in 2019 (i.e. pre-Covid crime).

by Anonymousreply 97November 30, 2021 8:41 PM

It's not like crime didn't exist before covid r97, but a subway station in the middle of a weekday afternoon in 2019 is packed with people.

If this happened, we wouldn't be hearing about it now. It would have been mentioned on twitter in 5 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 98November 30, 2021 8:55 PM

This sounds like the opening scene to a gay porn video.

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2021 12:17 AM

Did he beat off his attacker with one hand tied behind his back?

I would have.

by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2021 1:02 AM

This was during the day, allegedly? Why was at the end of the platform? Pervert

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2021 1:09 AM

Bradley Cooper in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.

by Anonymousreply 102December 2, 2021 5:15 PM

One of the gossip sites reported that he was out cruising and enjoys the dangerous aspect.

by Anonymousreply 103December 2, 2021 10:27 PM

Sounds about right, R103.

Everyone knows it.

None of his story adds up.

by Anonymousreply 104December 2, 2021 11:05 PM

Why is it odd, in NYC of all places, that someone would accost another personand brandish a knife on a train?

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2021 11:24 PM

[quote] Why is it odd, in NYC of all places, that someone would accost another personand brandish a knife on a train?

It's not odd at all. But that's beside the point.

Because we all know that in Bradley's case, he was cruising for dick and got the knife instead. Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2021 11:27 PM

Russian school? Is that a thing?

by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote] It's not odd at all. But that's beside the point.

No it isn’t. He was on a train en route to pick up his daughter. It’s already been established that he often takes public transportation.

by Anonymousreply 108December 3, 2021 1:21 AM

He was definitely looking to catch a train

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 3, 2021 2:52 AM

LOL! Before he was famous Bradley starred in a film called Midnight Meat Train!

by Anonymousreply 110December 3, 2021 3:35 AM

Remember when Kevin Spacey was mugged while "walking his dog"?

by Anonymousreply 111December 3, 2021 3:39 AM

[quote] LOL! Before he was famous Bradley starred in a film called Midnight Meat Train!

Was it a biography?

by Anonymousreply 112December 3, 2021 11:43 AM

Rofl R112!

by Anonymousreply 113December 3, 2021 5:20 PM

Like Will Smith he's bringing all this shit up just around the time his film is set to open. And it's funny that Gooper never talked about this before which reminds me of Alec Baldwin. 2 weeks later the bloviator is saying the gun went off by itself. He didn't pull the trigger

by Anonymousreply 114December 3, 2021 5:35 PM

[quote]He probably just wanted his money back after having seen "A Star is Born".

This made me laugh so hard I snorted.

by Anonymousreply 115December 3, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote] Bradley's career began when he narrated a series of travel TV shows. He was openly gay then.

R30 Was he sucking cock?

by Anonymousreply 116December 3, 2021 8:21 PM

I'm sure he can lick a mean puss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 3, 2021 8:23 PM

Rofl R116!

Naturally, he was.

And still is.

by Anonymousreply 118December 4, 2021 12:23 AM

I wonder what Bradley did to get a knife pulled on him?

by Anonymousreply 119December 4, 2021 5:28 PM

He's suffering. It's from the book How to Win an Oscar by Viola Davis.

by Anonymousreply 120December 4, 2021 5:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!