Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Celebrity, Author, Athlete And/Or Singer would you be most Star Struck To Meet? Dead Or Alive

Helen Mirren exudes power in her mannerisms. I believed she was well suited for her role in “The Queen.” She definitely, IMHO, reminds me of a Queen with her presence. I would be honored to meet this legend.

It was difficult to choose one, because there is a handful of others that are equivalent to Helen. Who would you choose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 30, 2021 6:28 AM

None of them. I'm sure they'd all disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2021 6:31 AM

I’ve met Helen Mirren! We didn’t say anything other than “hello” to one another, but she used to live in the French Quarter in New Orleans and I would see her almost daily at a coffee shop where I often studied and ate lunch. She seemed very nice to all the cafe staff and other folks. Pretty sure it was pre-the Queen. I knew who she was but she went relatively unnoticed.

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2021 6:36 AM

I would also freak out if I met Dead or Alive!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2021 6:38 AM

Paul or Ringo.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2021 6:41 AM

R2 wow! Thank you for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2021 6:42 AM

Jackie Onassis

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2021 6:44 AM

I've only been starstruck once: Ursula Andress. Also, Tootie left me tongue tied. I think I'd blush if I met Matt as I've jerked off to him.

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2021 7:18 AM

Debbie Harry

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2021 7:27 AM

Cher.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2021 7:44 AM

Freddie Mercury. He seemed larger than life on stage, but he is described as being very shy offstage.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2021 7:49 AM

Dana Plato

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2021 7:52 AM

Donald J. Trump.

I've really thought about this and I'm serious. Not in a good way. I utterly despise the man so much that if I happened to see him in a restaurant or elevator or any place where he was 5 feet in front of me, I might be so overcome with hatred I would literally self-implode.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2021 8:03 AM

R12 ITA

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2021 8:05 AM

Benjamin Franklin—the genius.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2021 8:13 AM

Obama.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2021 8:21 AM

None. The evil or genius ones were/are too ugly, and the good-looking ones were/are too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2021 8:35 AM

I've met Debbie Harry and Donald Trump.

Debbie I met several times as she was friends with an artist/poet a collective I worked with represented and she often came to his readings/openings. She was delightful and always looked fabulous. The first time I met her, the poet introduced me and when I fumm-fuhhed a bit snapped: "Jesus Christ, man, it's Debbie Harry! Jump her bones!" She broke out laughing.

I met Trump and Melania at the opening for (IIRC) Sweet Charity many years ago. He looked grotesque and was shouting and pointing at people. A friend who was involved in the production introduced me and he simply stared at me and then started telling her he thought the lights in the lobby were too dim. His hair was the color of cotton candy. Melania looked as if she had been hit in the face with a frying pan and had one facial expression - I'm pretty sure due to Botox. They hammed it up for the paps and then left the show after the first act, shoving their way past me and my date. If I'd known then what I know now I would have shivved the cunt with my fountain pen.

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2021 8:50 AM

RDJ. Or maybe Spader.

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2021 9:54 AM

[quote] I think I'd blush if I met Matt as I've jerked off to him.

Did I miss something, r7? Matt who? Matthew Modine? I jacked off to him in Vision Quest.

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2021 10:13 AM

Bob Dylan. I’d be spooked silent.

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2021 10:18 AM

Personally I wouldn't want to meet anyone after they were dead. I mean, that would mean I would be dead too! 💀🤪

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2021 10:21 AM

Dylan would be tough. The stories about him are not far off from Lou Reed levels of disinterest/disengagement with his public (if not outright hostility).

The person I would most like to meet is physicist-mathematician Roger Penrose. One of the all-time scientific greats and a living treasure.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2021 10:23 AM

George Bizet who died young, heartbroken that his "Carmen" was a failure. I think it would please him to know how insanely popular it is so many years later.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2021 10:50 AM

R23 that’s sad, but very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2021 11:46 AM

I would be star stuck to meet Denzel.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2021 11:59 AM

If I had met Guy Madison in his prime, I'd have been a horny mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2021 12:11 PM

R14, I considered BF!

R25, I met Denzel after one of his performances in "Julius Caesar," and have the autographed photo to prove it!

So for me it was a toss-up between alive, deceased, or really deceased. Like, Sir Paul, Tyrone Power, or Da Vinci, among others. Would it be a matter of solving a mystery, like the builders of the Sphinx, or the assassin of JFK? Or Jesus?

I chose knowledge.

I would be star-struck to meet the person who oversaw the construction of Gobekli Tepe.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2021 12:36 PM

Two that I have met that truly made me understand why they are called “stars” are Jane Fonda and Bill Clinton (separately). I’m not a bug fan of either but they both simply lit up and glowed. Like an aura around them.

Bill was meeting Bush Sr for lunch at the Four Seasons. I worked in the Seagram Building and would go out to the 53rd street to smoke. He came walking up the stairs and all the secretaries (and me) were floored. He smiled and came over and gave one Secretary a hug. I get what his allure was now. He just illuminated the area.

Jane was at a Brown Univ alumni thing. I knew her daughter well at Brown (Vanessa Vadim) but had never met her mom. She came walking I. The room w Ted Turner and she fucking radiated. Luminescent. Beautiful. Electric. Again, I understood the word “star”.

Debbie Harry I have known for years. She is down to earth and whip smart funny. Met her through the Jackie 60 clan and we became good friends. Still are. We have talked a lot through Covid. She is amazing and I think she is stunning but she is a friend and I do t get that “star” thing from her.

Who do I want to meet? Valerie Plame, the CIA agent that Bush Jr outed for political reasons and thereby endangered her life. She’s got stories.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2021 12:56 PM

^typos sorry. Oh deary me!

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2021 1:00 PM

Marilyn Monroe!

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2021 1:18 PM

Carol Burnett

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2021 1:18 PM

Bette Davis

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2021 1:20 PM

Glenn Close

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2021 2:38 PM

Interesting stories. Thank you for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2021 11:58 PM

I have one friend who’s been in an elevator with Barack Obama before he was President (when he was Senator) and one who’s been in an elevator with him after he was President. Both said he came across as friendly but not in the mood to chat.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2021 12:24 AM

Chad Everett in the flesh. Up close and personal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2021 12:49 AM

Playgirl wanted Chad Everett to pose full-frontal nude for the centerfold, like Peter Lupus, Christopher George, Don Stroud and Jim Brown did in that first year.

by Anonymousreply 37November 30, 2021 12:56 AM

Audrey Hepburn. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2021 1:04 AM

Joey Bosa

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2021 1:07 AM

The queen

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2021 1:30 AM

Sondheim.

But I’m in such awe of him, I’d probably be too tongue-tied to say anything much.

I’m sure he’d be gracious.

Up to a point…

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2021 1:34 AM

Julianne Moore, seriously.

I’ve been such a fan since her As the World Turns days, that I’d be scared I’d be an incoherent mess if I ever met her.

Also, for other reasons, Billy Campbell. He has been my Imaginary Husband since I first saw him on Dynasty when I was a gayling. He’s in his 60s now, but I do not care. I don’t think I’d be able to control myself around him.

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2021 1:42 AM

[R18]: “Spader” was the son of my English teacher at prep school. Little Jimmy was maybe 6 and wore Coke bottle glasses even then, back in the late 60’s.

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2021 2:05 AM

r42 As Fate would have it, Billy Campbell and I looked into each other's eyes for several moments once upon a time. He was in a play called "Fortinbras" in L.A., and as usual I was wayyyy early to the performance and so was standing out on the sidewalk in front of the theater. Along out of the darkness comes a figure striding on the sidewalk towards the theater . . . and as he got close, I realized it was Campbell arriving. I happened to be standing just where you'd hang a right from the sidewalk to I guess the stage door. Probably noticing that I recognized him, he gave me a friendly, lingering, look as he walked past, I meantime gave him a friendly, lingering, look . . . and that was the end of my personal relationship with Billy Campbell. I wonder if he dreams of me at night.

Yeah, in person he has a lot of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2021 2:09 AM

I met Sondheim three years ago at the theater. He was gracious. We just made small talk for a minute, but still.

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2021 2:20 AM

Top choice: Queen Elizabeth the First.

Second choice: Shirley Hemphill.

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2021 2:55 AM

R18, I've written about this elsewhere, but I met the young RDJ when I was about 11 on the set of the Pick Up Artist, which was filmed in part at the American Museum of Natural History. My siblings were extras in the scenes. I was hoping to meet MOLLY!!! RINGWALD!! (and I kind of did), but RDJ was a trip. My mom observed him more than we did and always said that she thought he would make a great teacher or camp counselor, because he really got on with the kids and played with us and seemed totally engaged. Evidently there was a little girl who had a minor injury and had to be retired from the set and she started crying, so he asked her for her autograph and said he'd see her on the big screen again soon.

I'd like to meet him again to see how much of that person is still there. I hope there's some. Also, although I was a little gayling, it didn't occur to me at the time how beautiful he was.

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2021 4:52 AM

R47, that’s a great story. In a recent podcast RDJ talks a bit about trying to be helpful to young people on set. It’s in the “Off Camera” Sam Jones podcast.

RDJ has two episodes, and they’re both interesting and weird in the best way. He’s quite insightful. Back in 1997, I never thought I’d be taking like advice from RDJ. That in itself is pretty inspirational. I guess we can always turn things around.

by Anonymousreply 48November 30, 2021 5:29 AM

Madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 30, 2021 5:34 AM

i dont think i could handle meeting Madonna. I'm sure it probably wouldn't be an enjoyable or rewarding experience. I still would like to cross it off my bucket list.

by Anonymousreply 50November 30, 2021 6:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!