Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Press Your Luck's" Peter Tomarken - Playgirl Centerfold?

I was watching an old interview with him on The Game Show network that was done shortly before his death, and he said that in the 1980s, Playgirl magazine approached him about posing nude for a proposed "Game Show Hosts" layout. He joked that he considered it until his wife said "no way."

Damn. I'd have liked to have seen his whammy.

I wonder if they asked Alex Trebek, too. He was hot in the 1980s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 1:25 AM

He doesn’t have big Whammy energy.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2021 10:36 PM

Big money big money no whammies!!!

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2021 10:42 PM

Wasn't Burt Convy in Playgirl?

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2021 10:46 PM

I didn't realize he died. He was only 64 at the time.

How tragic!

[quote] Tomarken—a private pilot—and his second wife, Kathleen (born June 12, 1964), were killed when his Beechcraft Bonanza A36, N16JR, crashed a few hundred feet offshore in Santa Monica Bay during climb-out from the Santa Monica Airport in California on the morning of March 13, 2006. The aircraft lost power shortly after takeoff and Tomarken attempted to turn back to the airport before crashing into the bay. The National Transportation Safety Board determined that the Tomarkens' chances of survival "would have significantly increased" had the plane been equipped with shoulder harnesses in addition to lap seat belts. The cause of the crash was determined to be an improper repair to the aircraft engine that resulted in a complete loss of power.

[quote] The Tomarkens were volunteers with Angel Flight West, a nonprofit organization that provides free air transportation to needy medical patients. They were en route to San Diego to pick up a cancer patient who needed transportation to UCLA Medical Center for treatment when their airplane crashed. The charity and the Tomarken children have since established a "Tomarken Heroes" fund in memory of the couple.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2021 10:47 PM

He pressed his luck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2021 11:03 PM

Boy, that cancer patient sure was lucky.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2021 12:50 AM

[quote] Wasn't Burt Convy in Playgirl?

No, but he was in my supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote]Wasn't Burt Convy in Playgirl?

No, and neither was BERT Convy.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 1:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!