Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you heard the story about Richard Gere?

I ’ve heard a rumor (well read actually) here on DL about Richard Gere visiting the emergency room with a live domesticated rodent in his anal canal. Anybody knows the truth about that story? Was actor caught in some other similar situations or were there some other rumors of him behaving like, well, an immoral depraved sex fiend, friend of satan, and very bad friend of animals? No words to express my surprise to find out such distasteful behavior of straight, quiet movie hero and family man, father of children. How did the story end? Was the rodent OK? What about Mr. Gere's anal canal? What did his girlfriend and/or wife say about that? Is this just an urban legend for homosexuals or do normal people know this rumor? If they do, what do they think about that? Have there been whispers that Mr. Gere is a homosexual? Why would a man put a gerbil up his man space? Don't want to get anyone in trouble if you know something you are not allowed to know, so be careful with sharing information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2022 4:45 AM

Cut it out, OP.

Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2021 4:56 PM

Sure... wasn't Rod Steward getting gallons of cum pumped out of his stomach in the room next door?

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2021 5:01 PM

Op what are you doing to ring in 1990 on New Years Eve?

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2021 5:02 PM

What third world country is OP from? Can't she at least speak Engrish? How many pennies per post is she getting paid to spam this site?

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2021 6:24 PM

😂 just so we're on the same page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2021 6:28 PM

Stallone started it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2022 9:18 PM

No. Never heard it.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2022 9:20 PM

The stupidest lie ever. Trolling at its laziest.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2022 9:21 PM

[quote]Anybody knows the truth about that story?

Please die, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2022 9:26 PM

I believe at the time it was referred to as Mickey’s Run.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2022 9:31 PM

No idea. I was getting 45 litres of bull semen pumped out of my tummy.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2022 9:35 PM

This went around Philadelphia in the mid 80's about a local news anchor. It nearly killed his career. It was probably started by some jealous ex or homophobic co-worker. If you think about it, the whole premise is so insane.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2022 9:37 PM

This just reminded me of a bizarre little episode. Many years ago, as I was brushing my teeth, I was listening to 1010 WINS (local straightforward nuts-and-bolts classic NYC news station -- "you give us 22 minutes, we'll give you the world"), when they announced the tidbit that Gere and Carey Lowell were divorcing. The newscaster then quipped "I wonder who's getting the gerbil?" It just seemed awfully campy (and kinda risky) for 1010 WINS. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2022 9:42 PM

Please. This is urban legend as old as the "INSERT NAME HERE gets semen pumped out of their stomach."

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2022 9:59 PM

Marc Almond (Soft Cell) endured a rumour about having his stomach pumped because he had swallowed spunk from dozens of men for years. He even wrote about it in his autobiography because it was so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2022 10:10 PM

Gere may have had something removed from his ass (I don't put it pass him), but I doubt it was a live rodent - It would've ripped up his asshole!

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2022 11:23 PM

I know 2 people (who don’t know each other) who “knew” people in the OR room from the Gere story. Typical urban legend retelling: a friend of a friend was there…

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2022 1:01 AM

I lived in LA at the time the rumor started and suddenly everyone had a cousin who worked at Cedars-Sinai Hospital who witnessed the Gere situation first hand.

It was all very quite silly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2022 1:42 AM

I think I may have heard about this once or twice . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2022 2:07 AM

It was bullshit. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2022 2:34 AM

I heard Jamie Lee Curtis is a hemophiliac

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2022 2:51 AM

The rodent and the semen pumping story were both typical of the way that any straight entertainer who was perceived by some segment of the population to be somewhat feminine or too pretty would have gay rumors started about them. I heard these stories in the late ‘70s to mid-80s about Peter Frampton, Shawn Cassidy, Rod Stewart, Richard Gere, Rob Lowe, and Leif Garrett. Probably others.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2022 2:55 AM

I was the attending gerbil doctor and I can confirm it really did happen. After we extracted the gerbil, we pumped its stomach, which was full of semen.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2022 2:55 AM

GERBIL DEAD???!!!

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2022 3:29 AM

A live gerbil? This is so ridiculous. It's claimed DeSade sewed live rats into peoples' stomachs to watch them eat their way out. Who would possibly do this for pleasure?

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2022 4:19 AM

In other news...

"Crawford and Gere tried to look past the accusations but, after almost three years of gossip, they decided to fight back. In response to an article in a French newspaper that claimed Gere ”preferred men,” the couple paid $30,000 for a full-page ad in the London Times declaring ”We are heterosexual and monogamous and take our commitment to each other very seriously.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2022 4:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!