Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dan Aykroyd

WHET him? Did he retire? I guess he must be in the new Ghostbusters flick?

Always seemed to me like a celebrity nice guy. He and Donna Dixon have been married almost 40 years now.

Not sure why I started this thread. I was always just kind of fond of old Danny.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2022 5:54 AM

He had a small window of being attractive around the time Ghostbusters came out.

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2021 7:24 PM

Autistic. Webbed toes. Makes his money from vodka and a blues club chain now.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2021 7:33 PM

I liked Ted Shackelford better as Gary Ewing. He was much more attractive than Ackroyd, though Ackroyd is the better actor.

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2021 7:41 PM

He's not retired. Most of his output lately has been voiceover work.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2021 7:41 PM

From November 2:

[quote]This time, Aykroyd is looking to return to The Great Outdoors in a sequel called The Great Outlaws. In an interview with THR, the actor says the sequel would again feature Aykroyd's character, Roman, running a Ponzi scheme on a Federal agent. Aykroyd says he's on the lookout for someone to take the Candy role, although it's unclear if that means it will be the same character or a new character that would be his comedic partner in the film. Director Howard Deutch is working on the idea with Aykroyd, although he's worked primarily in TV since 2008, so this would be a return to features for him. Here's what Aykroyd had to say about the idea:

[quote][italic]"Howie Deutch was a really fun director on the picture. He loved handling [John] Candy and me. Howie and I are working on the sequel, called The Great Outlaws. I am looking for the Candy figure. There are some really interesting names, but I can’t say who. Howie and I are tickled to bring back Roman as a Ponzi scheme guy who victimizes a federal agent. Who knows? If I find the right partner…"[/italic]

No. I enjoyed the first movie and there is no substitute for John Candy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2021 7:50 PM

I heard he ate Donna Dixon

And then he pooped out Donna Dixon

And now sleeps next to poopy Donna Dixon.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2021 7:52 PM

October 26:

[quote]The yet-to-be-titled series will include as-yet-unseen materials, and dive into the history, music catalog and legacy of the characters, as well as the actors behind them and the friendship they shared. According to today’s announcement, the series will also tackle “the sensitivities of race in the music industry and reveals the mindsets, intentions and follow-through of the creators.”

[...]

[quote]Adds Aykroyd: “Much will be revealed that even I, as one of the originators, might not have been aware of. In the end, it will be all about the artists and their music.”

[quote]The documentary will “frame the Blues Brothers phenomenon as a springboard to explore the greater world of blues, rhythm and blues and gospel,” said Belushi-Pisano. “Opening that door is interesting and exciting and undoubtedly will bring a great deal of depth to the project. With this collaboration, we continue Dan and John’s original mission to share their passion for this music and, foremost, to celebrate the artists who created it. We expect this to be a significant historical and cultural investigation.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2021 7:54 PM

He and Donna are separating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2022 5:05 AM

Separating ? Why bother.

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2022 5:09 AM

[quote]He had a small window of being attractive around the time Ghostbusters came out.

Also on his first year at SNL, with the sideburns and motorcycle jacket. Michael O'Donoghue referred to him as "rough trade."

by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2022 5:10 AM

I can't remember if this is true, but I think in a situation like that, it may mean one of the pair has health issues and wants to ensure that the other will get to have some money that won't be eaten up by expenses.

by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2022 5:11 AM

Besides Ghostbusters, I’ve only seen him in Trains, Planes and Automobiles. And that’s because I was trapped at someone else’s house during the holidays.

He just doesn’t make the kind of project I’m interested in.

by Anonymousreply 12April 30, 2022 5:23 AM

Dan wasn’t in Trains and John wasn’t in Ghostbusters.

by Anonymousreply 13April 30, 2022 5:36 AM

R11 what a concept. That Donna is one mercenary bitch!

by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2022 5:36 AM

Other than Aykroyd and John Belushi nobody gave a shit about the Blues Brothers.

The movie was a dull mess, their musical performances were weird and bad, and it all seemed like some inside joke only they were in on. I never understood the appeal at all.

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2022 5:55 AM

Dan bought Mama Cass house, and had it for years, eventually selling to Beverly D'Angelo (sp?). Somewhere along the line. Cass' famous celebrity signature wall was painted over, and it was signed by every rock star that came to her house. What a shame- and I'm not blaming Dan, before that it was rented to Ringo and others.

by Anonymousreply 16April 30, 2022 6:04 AM

Dan's a big Spiritualist and ET guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I find him interesting.

by Anonymousreply 17April 30, 2022 6:10 AM

I Smell lavender. She does not seem straight

by Anonymousreply 18April 30, 2022 6:19 AM

Jesus Christ, John Belushi has been dead for forty years!

That went by fast...

by Anonymousreply 19April 30, 2022 6:22 AM

R15 I'm with you, but straight guys of a certain age love The Blues Brothers almost as much as they love Caddyshack.

I don't think this is a scheme to retain wealth. They're separated but not divorced, and apparently still in business together, too. Seems like just a case of growing apart.

by Anonymousreply 20April 30, 2022 7:19 AM

Akyroyd was signed on as the executive producer and host of a show called Out There With Dan Akyroyd in the early 2000s. The show would feature interviews with famous UFO experts and stories highlighting extraterrestrial interactions.

According to Aykroyd, while taking a break during the taping of the finale episode of Out There he went outside to smoke a cigarette on the street. While he was out, he allegedes that a black Ford sedan parked across the street. In the car were two incredibly tall, angry blank-faced men staring at him. Aykroyd was on the phone at the time (fun fact, he was talking to Britney Spears) and, according to his version of events, he looked away for less than a second, and when he looked back the sedan the men had vanished. Aykroyd claims he would have had to see the car drive past him to leave because they were on a one-way street in the middle of New York City. After he re-entered the building to resume shooting, Akyroyd received the news two hours later of the show's cancellation and he was told to stop filming immediately.

by Anonymousreply 21April 30, 2022 7:24 AM

The men were sitting in a car but he could tell they were incredibly tall? And then they vanished into thin air? And had his show cancelled?

So they were what...alien beings who have a lot of showbiz pull?

I'm beginning to understand why Donna has had enough...

by Anonymousreply 22April 30, 2022 7:32 AM

Definitely on the spectrum and that's was his talent. Chose interesting roles, too - Driving Miss Daisy, the James Brown bio movie

by Anonymousreply 23April 30, 2022 7:38 AM

R22 "So they were what...alien beings who have a lot of showbiz pull?"

Lmao...

by Anonymousreply 24April 30, 2022 8:18 AM

"So they were what...alien beings who have a lot of showbiz pull?"

IIRC, Pia Zadora married one of those and he bought her a Golden Globe.

by Anonymousreply 25April 30, 2022 8:33 AM

Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman both stayed married after separating, and Al Gore is still married to Tipper all these years later. I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 26April 30, 2022 8:36 AM

Back in the late 1990's (maybe very early 00's) Aykroyd said he was going to write an autobiography that would blow the lid on Hollywood.

I'm still waiting.........

by Anonymousreply 27April 30, 2022 10:00 AM

Sorry, it's Rhea Perlman, I botched the name at r26.

by Anonymousreply 28April 30, 2022 10:27 AM

He wears a wig.

by Anonymousreply 29April 30, 2022 10:45 AM

R26 Maybe after forty years together, couples' assets and finances are so thoroughly enmeshed that it's easier to just stay legally married but live separate lives. Arnold and Maria Shriver were legally married for10 years after their separation and just finalized their divorce last year.

by Anonymousreply 30April 30, 2022 2:38 PM

Sometimes it’s because of health insurance.

by Anonymousreply 31April 30, 2022 8:32 PM

[quote]he looked away for less than a second, and when he looked back the sedan the men had vanished.

Man, I miss drugs.

by Anonymousreply 32April 30, 2022 8:37 PM

R15 = Frank Oz

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2022 4:00 PM

From 2001:

Dan Aykroyd retires from Hollywood Aged 49, Dan Aykroyd feels it's time to bid farewell to the movie industry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2022 4:13 PM

He provided the narration on Travel Channel’s Haunted Hotels show. His voice was unusually loud! I guess maybe he is on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2022 1:04 AM

He was defo in love with Belushi, right? Like, we've all accepted and realised that now, including Danny.

Also....don't come for me but John could look handsome sometimes, probably better-looking than Dan really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2022 1:07 AM

R19, forty years this March 5th.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2022 2:32 AM

[quote](fun fact, he was talking to Britney Spears)

Giving advice on itchy cooters?

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2022 3:13 AM

R38 he was the dad in her movie Crossroads.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2022 5:25 AM

Unlike Steve Martin, Aykroyd's waistline and backside grew exponentially throughout the 80 and 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2022 5:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2022 5:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!