Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYTimes: Candace Bushnell is doing a one-woman show: "Is There Still Sex in the City?"

There just cannot be too much "Sex and the City" in 2021.

Note that at 62, she's even older than SJP. Check out her feet in the cutaway red satin Manolo Blahniks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2021 9:39 PM

I am so fucking tired of this slag and her stupid fucking universe of expensive shoes.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote]And though Bushnell is a practiced hostess, those first performances were unnerving. “It was like, Oh, God, this is really acting,” Bushnell said. Gradually the script shortened and Bushnell relaxed and improved.

[quote]“She’s really miraculous,” Goodman told me in a phone interview. “She was determined to understand acting and she’s done it.”

[quote]Understanding meant hiring an acting coach and a voice coach, and committing to Pilates three times a week to build up her core strength for the show. Which is to say that Bushnell takes the work of rehearsal and performance seriously — hence the afternoon Earl Grey — comparing it to the dressage drills she practiced as a girl, repeating the same small moves over and over until she gets them right.

Yes, that's why I'm so successful in the character she created!

Acting is exactly like dressage.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2021 7:12 PM

OP, are you from the NYT? The article is paywalled. Is this a clever ploy to get people to sign on or subscribe OP?

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2021 7:12 PM

I was going to post the whole article, but now you're being such a cunt, r3, I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2021 7:13 PM

As is brought up more or less monthly on DL, the issue with her original Sex and the City column was that you sort of wanted to slap her and say "if you can't stand any of the people you hang out with, find some new friends."

The columns were all about these awful rich men and gold digger women and while Bushnell was clearly on to then, if was never clear why she continued to hang out with them. Surely there were millions of less shallow, status-and-money obsessed people in NYC she could have been friends with.

It was sort of baffling

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2021 7:19 PM

She knew who were her own people, r5. They may be monsters, but she knew she was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2021 9:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!