Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard Burton Outed Tennessee Williams as a pedophile

From "The Richard Burton Diaries"

March 1983 [Burton and his ex-wife ET are rehearsing Private Lives]

Wednesday 23rd. Worked from 12 noon 'til 7pm without ceasing. ET had an eternal costume fitting (2 1/2 hours) so worked without her.... Have been forced to promise to go to a memorial service (as 'one of the stars') for Tennessee Williams. Did two films of his-- both goodish I believe. I didn't even like the chap. As a matter of fact I hardly ever saw him sober though we were together for months. A self-pitying pain in the neck. Also he made a pass at my Chris when Chris was eight."

[Burton is referring to his stepson Christopher Wilding]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2021 8:05 AM

“made a pass”? Gonna need some more details on that incident.

Not a particularly convincing “outing” of a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2021 1:42 AM

I with you R1.

“Made a pass?” What did he do, send a Brandy Alexander down to bar to the kid?

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2021 2:09 AM

Hey Chris, ever seen a grown man naked?

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2021 2:21 AM

LMAO, r2!

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2021 3:18 AM

So are you saying Burton's not believable, or what, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2021 7:45 AM

I don't believe him. I can't believe an actual pedophile would hit on an 8 year old. I think children aren't receptive to being hit on and that's why grooming exists. Williams probably called him handsome and Burton thought "this faggot wants to fuck my kid".

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2021 7:49 AM

[quote] As a matter of fact I hardly ever saw him sober

Richard Burton should be one to talk.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2021 7:52 AM

[quote]I can't believe an actual pedophile would hit on an 8 year old.

Do you have any clue or a scintilla of one how badly you come off by saying this?

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2021 8:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!