Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lisa Lampanelli Tries Another Podcast

She was fat, now she's thin. She was a comic, now she's a life coach. She banged the Blacks, now she's vocally single. And this is her third podcast outing. She tried a comedy one, and then she tried to be an unlicensed therapist. Those didn't pan out, so now she's with these two idiots and shilling the shit out of it.

Will she ever see success again? Did she stray too far from her filthy (but workable) formula?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2021 2:41 PM

Funny how they tell people you have a pretty face if only would lose weight. She is uglier thin.

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2021 2:56 AM

Talentless hack with a shit mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2021 2:59 AM

Saw her at Caroline’s about 15 years ago. Hilarious. But her kind of humor is out of fashion. Still love her though.

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2021 3:26 AM

Lisa goes nuts. Good times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2021 4:04 AM

That was...just pathetic. The theater is barely filled up as well.

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2021 5:29 AM

She was being heckled from the balcony during the show. She lost it.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2021 5:34 AM

I think it is really hard to be briefly famous and successful and then, not. I do remember her act and she’d have a rough go trying any of it today.

She was known as a roast comic and a pretty good one, but her specials have really aged out culturally.

She’s from CT and allegedly a nice gal. But most likely she will be remembered as a niche act, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2021 9:50 PM

Why would anyone want to be a stand-up comic?

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2021 4:41 PM

Lisa must be a frequent poster on Datalounge. She's unhinged enough.

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2021 4:45 PM

And I hate her blue hair.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2021 4:46 PM

And I tried listening to that podcast.

Boy oh boy. It was bad bad bad.

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2021 4:47 PM

She's too old for the comedy podcast game. Gilbert Gottfried has an excellent podcast but it's a niche podcast about Old Hollywood that is incidentally funny. Comedy is for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2021 4:47 PM

Never thought she was funny, fat or thin. She was a "shock" comedian, the female equivalent of Andrew Dice Clay, who also never made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2021 4:49 PM

She tried to do a 180. It didn't work.

Maybe she can return to stand-up and open for Adele's next tour.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2021 4:52 PM

r4 Holy fucking shit. She's mental. Is she on the vegan diet? Depriving yourself of animal fat and protein can do that to you.

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2021 4:56 PM

Menopause is a bitch of a rough patch.

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2021 5:15 PM

I think she's funny.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2021 5:20 PM

R16 By 56, she should have been all done with menopause.

by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2021 5:41 PM

I remember her from the Comedy Central Roasts. Never thought she was funny but then again, a lot of the roasters weren't funny either.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2021 5:55 PM

LL built a career on lewd racist humor. Now she wants to be Miss Goody Two-Shoes?

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2021 5:57 PM

She sounds Lesbyterian.

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2021 6:04 PM

I've been to her place in CT (think she kept it thru the NY years). Very sweet snd funny.

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2021 6:12 PM

She looks like an inner tube somebody let the air out of.

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2021 8:13 PM

Did someone say HANGRY.

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2021 11:35 AM

I really wonder about the long term financial profile of performers like these. Yes, they make (or made) money on the road and possibly performance fees for some of the cable television content, but how do they manage over the longer term? Their peak earnings might come and go so quickly. What do they do for money when they’re no longer booking any appearances?

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2021 11:49 AM

Joan Rivers was smart and branched out to selling jewelry on QVC.

Maybe Lisa can make gift soap and sell it at farmer's markets or on Etsy?

by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2021 1:28 PM

She was VERY funny when I first saw her on her HBO special from 2008.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2021 2:04 PM

R26 I know that’s tongue in cheek, but what options do you have if you’ve been notable, or infamous, then ‘reslotted’ into the workforce, with immediate financial needs like health insurance and housing and fuel. I wonder if the lesser housewives, reality tv people, failed comics get recognized and marginalized when they land in a regular job. There was an actor on Cosby that landed as a cashier a few years ago, and I felt sad seeing the media pickup around that (though it led to a casting).

In the movie The Longest Yard, Burt Reynolds’s character ends up in prison. On line for food, the inmate working in the prison cafeteria sees him and holds up a loaf of bread like he’s about to throw a perfect spiral, and says ‘heyyyy Superstar!!!!’ Even as a kid I though ‘ shit! That’s rough’. Imagine a Karen bumping into Lisa Lampanelli at Gristedes Supermarket. She might get some harsh feedback from ‘reformed’ fans. This poor bitch can’t enjoy that. She could become an allegory, like Andre Leon Talley.

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2021 2:04 PM

R27 Yes, she was pretty funny in that time and context, but the worm has turned. Some of the jokes (race and sex, money, work, education) are so cancelable right now. But then so were many of Joan Rivers’ gags. I remember a line she used about and Asian celebrity on the red carpet in a pretty yellow dress, and Joan questioned hypothetically ‘is that too matchy-matchy?’. But Joan was so rich and baller by then, she had f-you money, and property. Lisa, maybe but maybe not. I hope people that orbit partly into celebrity lives land somewhere safe and dignified, but there is a certain fascination observing those who do not. Andy Dick is on a long list.

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2021 2:13 PM

R28 - I could see Lisa living in the guest house of a wealthy fan or industry friend. Writing a self help book. Doing speaking engagements (female empowerment stuff, or How To Incorporate Humor in the Office at corporate retreats.)

Her best bet now would be to claim some sort of addiction, go on Celebrity Rehab, then write a book, do the talk show circuit, then come back with a Netflix special (and maybe do a memorable cameo in an Adam Sandler movie?)

I don't know. Maybe her career is unsalvageable.

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2021 2:16 PM

Others have said this and I agree- She DEFINITELY looked better when she was FAT. By todays standards she barely qualified as fat but when she did her HBO special in 2008 wearing that colorful dress and all. She looked good. Now she looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2021 2:20 PM

Saw her standup about 20 years ago (she was fat) and it was one of the funniest nights I've ever spent in a theater. The gays were out in full force that night and she had a dyke comedian open for her.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2021 2:21 PM

A reality show about her might be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2021 2:23 PM

R33 I would watch that.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2021 2:32 PM

R6- I RARELY find any comedians funny. Why go see a comedian you don't find funny? Just to heckle her?

These people heckling her are TROLLS. I would never pay money to see a comedian I don't find funny just so I can heckle them in the audience.

Would I go to a Paula Poundstone concert just to heckle her. That's something TROLLS and LOSERS do.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2021 2:35 PM

She is a legit supporter of LGBT communities and always was.

I run from life coaches (and leadership coaches, one step lower), but I do want this broad to find some meaningful success. She is also 60 years old, so there is a dimension of age that’s probably part of this, too.

I did enjoy the time she asked Ann Coulter ‘Hey, why the long face?’

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2021 2:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!