Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When Did Carson Daly Get So Fat?

I just came across him on The Voice. Holy cow! You're on TV. Have some pride!

by Anonymousreply 48December 15, 2021 4:16 AM

Carson started out a little bit husky.

Then he started losing a lot of weight, and stayed there for a long time.

It's only recently that he started gaining again.

I'm thinking he must have been taking drugs, or was anorexic, or something problematic like that.

I'm glad he's back to normal. He looked horrible when he was skinny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2021 12:25 AM

You may know Carson Daly as the host of the The Voice, Last Call with Carson Daly, Today, or if we're really going back, MTV's Total Request Live. The ubiquitous TV presenter has recently tacked on another role: mental health advocate.

Last month, Carson opened up about his struggle with generalized anxiety disorder and how its affected his life - including his weight.

[quote] Fun fact: I assumed recent weight gain was a side effect from an anti-anxiety drug I started (& am getting amazing results from btw..) turns out it’s just working. The calmer/happier me is in a better mood & appetite increases. 😬#ThatsOneToGrowOn #Literally #AnxietySociety

[quote] - Carson Daly (@CarsonDaly) April 4, 2019

The frank admission about two rarely discussed topics struck a chord with his followers, both people with anxiety and without. It's not the first time Carson has used his public platform to reduce the stigmatization of mental illness.

He also spoke up on Today in a special segment last year. In the clip, the host shared that he's dealt with anxiety his whole life - his first panic attack happened when he worked at MTV - but talking to a friend inspired him to seek help. He found a cognitive behavioral therapist, learned different coping strategies like muscle relaxation and deep breathing, and found a medication that works for him.

So when Carson recently gained some weight, he asked his doctor whether the prescription was behind it. "She goes, 'No, there's not really a weight side effect. Officially, what's happening is that for the past seven, eight months, you're experiencing a new, calmer, less anxious version of yourself. Actually, it means the drug's working,'" Carson said on Today, according to MSN. "She was right. When I look back, I found I have a whole new happiness and lease on life. I can do anything. I feel like Superman."

"What happens is you end up celebrating life, which means you eat and drink like a king," he added. Carson shared that he planned on losing some pounds for health reasons, but by going to the gym - not with any crazy fad diets.

"I'm tackling one of these things at a time," he said. "I'm no longer going to be scared about any of it, and I'm going to put my best foot forward."

After experiencing the deaths of his mom and stepfather a year and a half ago, Carson has committed to living in the moment instead of focusing on the scale. He told Today co-host Hoda Kotb in January that losing his parents inspired him to change his outlook for 2019.

"I think bigger than just the weight, the food. All that stuff is everyday, we all struggle with that, we all do the best we can," he said. "Now I wake up and I’m like, thank you God, I got a new day, a fresh day. How can I be the best husband, the best father, the best coworker, the best fellow citizen? I’ve got today. I’ve got right now, in this moment."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2021 12:28 AM

I remember back when he got so skinny there was conjecture he had the AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2021 12:44 AM

He's ballooned back and forth more than Judy Garland!

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2021 12:46 AM

The first problem is he does not look good in suits at all. And so he looks ridiculous on the Today Show. And on The Voice he dresses in all black SLOB mode.

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2021 12:52 AM

Why is this fat slob all tatted up? Does not suit his persona at all.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2021 1:11 AM

You're disgusting, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2021 1:14 AM

He was on the Tara Reid diet then it fell off.

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2021 1:16 AM

no shit, he a dam sow now

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2021 1:25 AM

R8 WasCarson sexually assaulted by a senator also?

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2021 2:39 AM

Pics?

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2021 2:43 AM

He really is a fat tub of shit!

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2021 5:27 AM

Just how many cameras are on him?!?

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2021 7:15 AM

As OP said, Carson was slightly husky when he started out on MTV. Very average-looking white guy, which is why it was surprising when he landed then-hottie Tara Reid. Of course that relationship didn't last long, but I always assumed he picked up some of Terror's partying habits, i.e. cocaine. He's never been as much of a workaholic as Ryan Seacrest, so I'm doubting his claim that the weight loss was from anxiety alone. If anything, he was self-medicating with something. He does look healthier now, so good for him. He got the short end of the stick, going from being Dick Clark's chosen successor to losing a good many gigs to elfin Seacrest. Fun fact: Carson wanted to be a professional golfer.

by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2021 7:35 AM

Agreed, OP. He is a fat porker!!!

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2021 7:42 AM

The camera adds 85 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2021 8:07 AM

His former step mother in law is 2x dui arrestee Colleen Zenk.

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2021 9:01 AM

Dude is boring as fuck, One of the luckiest people to have a career in entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2021 10:09 AM

He needs to be held responsible for his part in ruining pop culture with TRL

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2021 12:49 PM

What anti-anxiety med is he on? It better not be a fucking benzo. And the weight gain theory from the shrink is total bullshit. She sounds like some starfucking enabler. Did she encourage him to exercise? Or even ask?

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2021 12:54 PM

[quote] Fun fact: Carson wanted to be a professional golfer.

Was he also studying to be a priest? I vaguely recall something like that.

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2021 2:12 PM

[quote]What anti-anxiety med is he on? It better not be a fucking benzo.

Why not r20?

by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2021 4:46 PM

He's been seeing Dolly Madison.

by Anonymousreply 23November 11, 2021 4:55 PM

OP here . Assuming Carson's story is true, I feel bad about what I said. Am I allowed to feel that way on DL?

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2021 9:46 PM

I like fat guys but I think he looks good fat. Are there bi rumours?

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2021 5:10 AM

[quote]Dude is boring as fuck, One of the luckiest people to have a career in entertainment.

I never liked him even back on TRL.

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2021 5:17 AM

WHY IS THIS SOW ON TV???

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2021 5:24 AM

R21 Carson's family lived across the street from us while he was growing up in Santa Monica. The elderly lady who lived next door to my family was the Mrs. Kravitz of the neighborhood. We heard that one time she had Carson's mother over for a glass of wine in the evening, and during the visit his mother was concerned that Carson had expressed interest in becoming a Catholic priest. (I believe mom preferred that he marry and give her grandchildren.) Anyway, the older neighbor lady (also Catholic) told her she should be more concerned about how many cookies Carson ate.

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2021 5:25 AM

So is the mother STILL waiting for grandchildren?

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2021 5:28 AM

[quote] she should be more concerned about how many cookies Carson ate.

Did he smell them too?

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2021 5:30 AM

preist? how gay.......i knew it !

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2021 5:32 AM

Without photos, this thread is pointless.

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2021 5:36 AM

There's nothing much wrong with Benzo's. They've recently got a bad name for themselves. But they are far better for most people with Anxiety Disorders than any antidepressants. Antidepressants came from Devils ASS. People are nuts. Even most doctors know now that antidepressants are a never ending road to nowhere. That's why pharma loves them. Benzos always worked. Still do. They're addictive. Just don't abuse your dose. They will help. And when you learn other methods, you can taper off them. Antidepressants are a train most people can never get off. Just switch cars or add pile another one on. Yet supposedly not addictive. Go figure. Nobody can even tell you exactly what they do or how they work. Your doctor doesn't know. He knows who pays for his golf trips and caribbean vacations.

And Benzos don't cause weight gain.

Carson seems to be familiar with his life and situation. Some people just never look fit and taut no matter their weight. He's a flabby colorless white man. To not know you're eating more is a bit weird, but he's probably just eating with less anxiety and more pleasure. Kind of what his doctor said.

He's flabby. He looks 15 years older than his age. Always did. Not only Tara Reid, but more importantly Xtina loved him. And she did. I think he's a good human, boring guy with a lot of neurosis. The bisexual ladies like that in their male partner.

Carson is a bit depressing to watch. I don't quite get why people do. But he's not someone to ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2021 5:38 AM

R29 My sister heard from another neighbor that his mother, Pattie Daly Caruso, passed away about three or four years ago. But yes, it appears Carson gave her some grandkids prior to her death. I think he has three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2021 5:49 AM

[quote] Even most doctors know now that antidepressants are a never ending road to nowhere.

Links, please.

Stop presenting your cock-eyed opinions as fact, you sound batty.

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2021 6:49 AM

[quote]I just came across him on The Voice.

Was there an audible splat?

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2021 6:55 AM

Carson and Siri have a boatload of kids. He ate alot of pussy back in the day. That’s when he got fat.

by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2021 9:32 PM

Did he date Jennifer Love Hewitt?

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2021 9:44 PM

He mated with Siri, the Apple assistant?

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2021 10:24 PM

Watching the Voice tonight. He really looks like shit!

He's so bloated he can barely keep his eyes open.

He's binge-drinking and binge-eating, smoking pot, then binge-eating some more.

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2021 1:49 AM

There was a brief period in which he was cute - it didn't last long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2021 1:54 AM

R23, And Little Debbie.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2021 1:57 AM

He was so affected by his father's and stepfather's deaths, you'd think he'd want to stay healthy for his kids.

But he looks like he's one flight of stairs away from a stroke.

Put down the fork, mess!

by Anonymousreply 43December 14, 2021 2:04 AM

Oh damn, I thought you guys were exaggerating but it looks like he's midway through a transformation into Mike Huckabee!

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2021 2:47 AM

R41 back then that cunty Hewitt wanted to be known as “Love.” Nobody called the dumb Slut “Love.” She was average at best, and was too stupid to know that she badly needed a brow lift. Z-Lister for LIFE.

by Anonymousreply 45December 14, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote] "I like fat guys but I think he looks good fat. Are there bi rumours?"

I like chubby guys (read: NOT FAT), and always thought he looked better carrying extra weight, R25. The extreme weight loss made him look ill, and bug-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 46December 14, 2021 3:49 AM

His neck has a neck, and two of its own chins.

NBC needs to pack him off to a fat farm over the holiday break.

by Anonymousreply 47December 15, 2021 3:52 AM

Age, my dear, age!

by Anonymousreply 48December 15, 2021 4:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!