Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Found An IPhone 13 In Central Park That Had Been De-Activated.

It had text messages from Verizon saying insurance had been activated in order to replace the phone. There were no other text messages, nobody called the cell number to claim and, of course, it's locked. If I want to replace my iPhone with this de-activated one, where do I go? A Verizon store? Is it on some sort of Wanted list? How do I go about replacing my phone?

by Anonymousreply 76November 23, 2021 7:41 AM

They won't. It is blacklisted and considered stolen.

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2021 1:56 AM

Why don't you return it so the person can get his phone back? I know it's deactivated, but at least make a show of concern for them.

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2021 1:59 AM

Yes. Listen to the bleeding heart fraus of the DL. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2021 2:02 AM

R2-Return it to whom? It's been de-activated, so there's no information in the phone. And no way to open it because it's locked.

by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2021 2:04 AM

First of all you know in NYS you cannot "find" property worth over $20 in value and keep.

"The state’s property laws go on to say that if one finds (or comes into possession of) lost property that is believed to be valued at $20 or more, he or she is required to either return it to its supposed owner or the proper authorities within 10 days. For property found within a city, the proper authority would be that city’s police department. It would be the state police or the sheriff’s office for the county in which it was found if lost property is discovered outside of city limits. Lost property found in a state park or on a state university campus should be handed over to park officials or campus authorities, respectively.

A failure to turn over lost property according to the law could result in a misdemeanor charge. However, handing over lost items to the owner of the property on which they were found absolves one of culpability. "

Phone has been bricked thus of no value to yourself. Turn it into NYPD or maybe a Verizon store so perhaps the *OWNER* can get his stuff back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2021 2:09 AM

I wouldn't because if you get found out you could get done for stealing it. Which actually is what you want to do. It's not worth it, hand it in. It doesn't even seem clear that you could re-activate it either.

by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2021 2:13 AM

Maybe I wasn't clear. I have a slow old phone and I found a iphone 13. I just want to know how to replace my almost useless old phone with my fabulous new i-phone I just found. Look, it's the pink one and I love it so I just want to know how to unlock cause it's my new phone. OK? I don't need your funny responses - LOL you're funny - just tell me how to unlock my iPhone 13?

Well?

by Anonymousreply 7November 6, 2021 2:15 AM

The only way to recycle it for stolen use is to stick it up your butt and keep it there until it cures, usually about 24 hours. After that, it will reset itself and you can do whatever you want with it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2021 2:15 AM

Go to china town, find those shady phone shop, pay some fee, make sure they dont switch phones.

by Anonymousreply 9November 6, 2021 2:19 AM

R7

Are you thick or what? We've told you the phone is bricked. Only an authorized seller or reseller can "unlock", and since you aren't owner they won't. Soon as you bring phone to any legit Verizon, T-Mobile or whatever place they will know it is bricked and why (reported lost or stolen).

by Anonymousreply 10November 6, 2021 2:21 AM

R5 I’m so glad you married my mom.

by Anonymousreply 11November 6, 2021 2:21 AM

What r9 said. You need to find someone who can do this for you. If you were in the South I'd suggest an Arab gas station. Chinatown sounds about right for NYC. If it were me, I'd sell it to the shady phone shop and then use the money to buy a slightly less wonderful iphone. It's safer that way. (Actually I'd turn it in the police or a Verizon store, but you're obviously not that kind of guy).

by Anonymousreply 12November 6, 2021 2:22 AM

[quote] I just want to know how to unlock cause it's my new phone.

Presuming that it’s ICloud locked, you can’t. Just forget that.

by Anonymousreply 13November 6, 2021 2:22 AM

OP if you take it to a Verizon Store and explain to them that the phone now belongs to you, I am sure you will find them quite helpful.

by Anonymousreply 14November 6, 2021 2:23 AM

Be sure to tell them finders keepers.

by Anonymousreply 15November 6, 2021 2:24 AM

Google might be more helpful than us.

by Anonymousreply 16November 6, 2021 2:25 AM

Will the Verizon store give a discount on a new phone if you return it?

by Anonymousreply 17November 6, 2021 3:57 AM

What would Jesus do?

by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2021 4:40 AM

For you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 6, 2021 4:52 AM

[quote]Only an authorized seller or reseller can "unlock",

No, they can't. Not even Apple can unlock it.

by Anonymousreply 20November 6, 2021 5:05 AM

R13, that's not the OP, that's some shithead pretending to be the OP.

by Anonymousreply 21November 6, 2021 5:09 AM

Sell it on Russian eBay, OZON.ru, low-life scums in Moscow know what to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 22November 6, 2021 5:12 AM

Where I am in Asia, it costs about $150 to unlock an iphone.

by Anonymousreply 23November 6, 2021 5:20 AM

OP Did you find it in near "The Ramble"?

by Anonymousreply 24November 6, 2021 5:24 AM

Turn it in to Verizon

by Anonymousreply 25November 6, 2021 5:30 AM

R25

You're wasting your time. OP is a poor git who otherwise cannot afford an IPhone 13. He sees this as his lucky break...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 6, 2021 8:29 AM

Thanks for nothing, guys. I won't bother asking about how to sell my 1000 share certificates from Caterpillar that I found in my grandfather's office.

by Anonymousreply 27November 6, 2021 11:12 AM

The poster above who said you should turn over to the police, forgot to mention - if they are unable to find the owner, after so many weeks, the phone is yours - legally. Just make sure you get a receipt from the police dept and fill out proper forms. They may also require you to post a notice in a local paper to show you tried to find the owner.

by Anonymousreply 28November 6, 2021 12:16 PM

Here OP. Put it this way. What would you want me to do if I found your 1300 dollar Iphone in the park? Figure out a way I could keep it or turn it into a Verizon store so they can contact you.

by Anonymousreply 29November 6, 2021 2:13 PM

2/10

by Anonymousreply 30November 6, 2021 2:18 PM

This actually reminds me of the moment I realised that my high school friend was a shitty person: she'd taken someone's clarinet that they'd left on a train and was going to sell it. I couldn't believe it. Her parents were upper middle class and financially very well off too. Who does that? Only a sociopath. It wasn't the only reason but we're no longer friends - sociopaths don't have loyalty to friends: they will screw you over too, and she screwed me over too. It's a bad sign.

by Anonymousreply 31November 6, 2021 2:45 PM

Why aren't any of you listening to OP? His phone is old and slow and this one is NEW and PINK. I think he should waddle into Verizon and demand they unlock it for him. Ask to speak with the Manager if he has to.

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2021 2:57 PM

Neither is R7 the OP.

by Anonymousreply 33November 6, 2021 3:15 PM

You need to unlock the phone to even wipe it and use it for yourself, so just try and return it.

by Anonymousreply 34November 6, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote]Return it to whom?

Do you have Verizon stores?

by Anonymousreply 35November 6, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote]How do I go about replacing my phone?

Buy a new one.

by Anonymousreply 36November 6, 2021 3:34 PM

Dark Web, OP. You can find out the code to unlock and reset it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2021 3:40 PM

I heard that if you put it in a condom and knot the condum. Then shove it up your hole. Human temperature unlocks it automatically but it takes 48 hours or longer.

by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2021 3:43 PM

You can spend the money to unlock it and wipe it but the phone will be blacklisted. That means it's imei will not work on US carrier. You might get some money for it on Ebay if you sold it overseas.

by Anonymousreply 39November 7, 2021 2:25 PM

Don't do it OP, it's a trap, if you do, expect identity theft and financial ruin. You've been warned.

by Anonymousreply 40November 7, 2021 3:15 PM

Broke ass shop bottoms can not be financially ruined.

by Anonymousreply 41November 7, 2021 3:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 7, 2021 3:38 PM

Whore!

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2021 11:03 PM

I guarantee you if you return it to a carrier or to your local police, someone else will take the phone for themselves. Sad truth. They have the capacity to unlock these phones and make them useable again.

by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2021 11:16 PM

I would sell it to those "fix cellphones" stores. They can use the phone for parts. You can use the money to buy yourself a new phone.

by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2021 11:20 PM

It’s not your phone to activate. Imagine if you lost your phone? Return it you stupid cunt and stop stealing shit that is not yours.

by Anonymousreply 46November 10, 2021 12:07 AM

The OP is a fairly decent troll. 8 out of 10. People get very worked up over Iphones. Money. Car/Gasoline. Meat. Iphone. The priority list of all Americans.

by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2021 12:10 AM

So, where in the Ramble did you find it?

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2021 12:27 AM

Throw it in the ocean like what that old lady did in Titanic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2021 12:38 AM

OP didn't steal anything. He merely found it.

What are you gonna do about it OP?

I'm surprised the owner didn't have the "find my iphone" app or whatever the fuck it is on it?

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2021 2:54 AM

OP, they can unlock it for you at any NYPD precinct house. Just go in with the phone and explain what you need them to do. They will take it from there.

Cops can do it legally, but that Chinatown advice up thread is risky!

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2021 3:02 AM

You take 1 tsp of meth, 1 tsp of wd40, one pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass. Injest the meth spray the side of the phone with the sim card with the wd40 hold your magnifying glass close and tug that little sim card out. Then take it to the po po station (dont tell them you took the meth) and tell them you found it in the park and u cant contact the owner cuz the card is out. Then they will arrest u as under the influence and THEFT BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS TOLD YOU YOU CAN NOT UNLOCK IT !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2021 3:30 AM

R44

No, NYPD or any other LE have authority, power or whatever to unlock a device. You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2021 3:44 AM

[quote]They have the capacity to unlock these phones and make them useable again.

If they could, they would. You hear law enforcement agencies bitching all the time about how they can't unlock Iphones taken from suspects.

by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2021 4:05 AM

The police will unlock it for you. That is what they are there for. Some DL dude hanging around Central Park in NYC can 't afford his own pink phone. This thread is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2021 6:24 AM

What if unlocking it opens a pandora’s box, OP? What if it was deactivated for a reason? What if the original owner couldn’t handle the horrors untold that lie within that phone?

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2021 6:42 AM

What if the previous owner was kidnapped or even murdered?

They'll finger you for the crime and you'll fry like an extra crispy chicken at KFC.

by Anonymousreply 57November 10, 2021 7:09 AM

I think it's Hunter Biden's phone. He was in town for his soi-disant Art Show and his frayed nerves and self esteem drove him to the park for drugs and sex. There are scandalously scorchingly hot photos and videos on that phone. Sell it to Treasure Island Media or Brazzers.

by Anonymousreply 58November 10, 2021 11:39 AM

What's the matter with all of you? Give the man what he ask for. Obviously, he doesn't believe you, so let him figure it out for himself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 10, 2021 11:45 AM

Why would you not hand it in to the police you absolute skank?

by Anonymousreply 60November 10, 2021 1:46 PM

r57 Not a bad movie idea.

by Anonymousreply 61November 17, 2021 7:12 AM

OP are there any Italian social clubs in your area? Just go in and ask to speak to the Mafia. They’ll help you.

by Anonymousreply 62November 17, 2021 7:18 AM

OP made me laugh with his doubling down at r7.

7/10.

by Anonymousreply 63November 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Thanks, R63. I wrote R7 roleplaying as OP. I'm not OP. I believe OP is serious not parody, and was horrified to see the reaction here.

by Anonymousreply 64November 17, 2021 11:06 AM

I have OP blocked so there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 65November 17, 2021 11:22 AM

R7 isn't the OP, r63.

by Anonymousreply 66November 17, 2021 11:27 AM

It’s not even a 13 pro! They don’t come in pink!

by Anonymousreply 67November 17, 2021 11:29 AM

R27/OP Is your grandfather still alive?

by Anonymousreply 68November 17, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote]They'll finger you

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 69November 17, 2021 12:10 PM

If the police tell you they can't unlock it, remind them they have handcuff keys and to see if they'll work.

by Anonymousreply 70November 17, 2021 11:33 PM

r63 They started off slow and waited for the attention before throwing out that tasty bait. Very few trolls have this kind of subtle restraint.

And people are fucking EMOTIONAL about phones! Phones in general. It's like SOHO KAREN. Love it. 9/10.

by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2021 1:07 AM

Once again, R71, I WROTE R7 and I'm not OP. I role-played OP, who was probably dead serious.

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2021 1:21 AM

r72 3/10. You are a secondary troll? Is that a thing? 2/10. Maybe 4/10. Not 5. Copycat troll?

What you are saying is that you are a highly proficient troll. And the OP came here to find out tech info on a stolen phone? 1/10. 0/10.

by Anonymousreply 73November 23, 2021 7:19 AM

Yes I couldn't stomach the venal stupidity of the OP, so I trolled OP and the more gullible readers, as well. Some people caught on that R7 is a meta troll, but. not all.

by Anonymousreply 74November 23, 2021 7:29 AM

r74 So you are the Boris I keep hearing about? Are you confident the OP is real? Because if not, YOU were trolled.

OP was basic troll (phones are personal objects, I stole one) and you are the refined troll (it was pink, I am outraged).

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2021 7:35 AM

OK that's enough out of you.

by Anonymousreply 76November 23, 2021 7:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!