Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Golden age obscene phone calls

Eldergays, were you ever the victim or the perpetrator of obscene phone calls? ☎️

by Anonymousreply 98January 29, 2023 9:44 PM

Abbsolutely!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2021 5:40 PM

Both. This was my primary form of entertainment for many years.

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2021 5:44 PM

Yes ! Guy kept calling telling me what he wanted to do to me. I asked him ...is this david (my bf) never got a call after that.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2021 5:50 PM

Yes, do you all remember when the song "Jenny 867-5309" was popular? Well, a girl I went to middle school with had almost that exact phone number. She was tormented with prank calls for an entire school year. And I was one of the culprits. The years before cell phones were so much fun.

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2021 5:56 PM

I used to get Golden Girl obscene phone calls.

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2021 5:56 PM

R3, It was probably me. I was a prolific obscene phone caller

by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2021 5:57 PM

I loved calling up old tricks drunk and telling them nasty things

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2021 6:03 PM

If you were on the phone with 3 or more people who had 3 way calling you could call 2 people at once and they would accuse the other of calling them. The best ones were when old hags would start yelling at each other accusing the other of calling the other.

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2021 6:05 PM

Sadly, no one gets anonymous calls anymore!

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2021 6:07 PM

R8, I could do that in college!!! I spent many evenings connecting people, making them think they called each other.

My coup was calling two French people in the US and made them think the other was calling from France.

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2021 6:09 PM

I was seven. Santa Claus called and asking for a blowjob. I told my father (already suspicious of my pencil-dialing tendencies). He told me not to pick up the phone anymore.

Silly man, I had already been giving blowjobs behind the playground. Santa must have heard about my milkshake rep.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2021 6:10 PM

In the early 90s, when I was in my early 20s, some guy used to call me periodically, usually in the early evenings. He would usually say something along the lines of "my cock is so hard." I would usually just hang up.

One night he called a bit later in the evening, and I happened to be jacking off at the time, so when he said "my cock is so hard," I replied, "So is mine."

I proceeded to have phone sex with him, and we both came (at least I did, it sounded like he did, too." We hung up, and he never called again.

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2021 6:12 PM

Absolutely. Someone called and asked if I had Prince Albert in a can.

I said sure, and fetched the Prince from the loo.

To this day the Queen knows nothing of our dalliance.

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2021 6:14 PM

My grandma used to prank call my mom, her daughter-in-law. She’d call her up every afternoon blaring the Brady Bunch theme song from her TV.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2021 6:17 PM

Heavy Breather: Can you guess what I'm holding in my hand?

Moi: If you can hold it in one hand I'm not interested.

CLICK

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2021 6:42 PM

Oh, to go back to the days before caller ID or any of those other stupid features. That was a good time. I loved making prank calls. Loved receiving them. it wasn't frequent, but there was something hysterical about making random prank calls with a friend or two. We'd come up with the dumbest scenarios, then dare each other to actually pick up the phone and do it.

By not frequent, I mean maybe once a year or so. Most of the time, it was targeted, as in parents of friends that we knew were assholes. It was rarely someone completely random.

I was the worst doing it because I'd crack up every time through the call.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2021 7:29 PM

Is this the cocksucker residence?

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2021 7:40 PM

No, but I made a few....

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2021 8:07 PM

I loved prank calls!!!

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2021 8:39 PM

A good thing to say to a telemarketer when they ask how you are doing is: "I'm hungover, late for work and I just got my period."

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2021 8:41 PM

^ I say "horrible" and they say, that is good (just reading their script).

I attack then - so you think it is nice that I am doing horrible?? Are you just a mean person? Do you get off calling people and doing this? Why would you cause me additional pain? Are you just a monster? Etc...

LOVE ME SOME TELEMARKER CALLS - they deserve to be tortured!!

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2021 8:46 PM

^ Lol

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2021 8:56 PM

R21 those people are just working trying to put food on the table. Not out to get you.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2021 9:54 PM

They need to be slapped

by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2021 11:57 AM

In high school some girls called me and asked if I had Prince Albert in a can and before I could even say anything they shrieked "Well you better go catch it!" and hung up. It was unintentionally really funny.

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2021 12:03 PM

In high school, some guy used to call me all the time. At first I would just hang up, but I gradually started listening to him more and more. He was trying to disguise his voice, but I’m pretty sure it was someone from my school. I had my suspicions of who it was, but never confirmed. This went on for about a year.

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2021 12:58 PM

I used to call my middle school teachers up in the middle of the night and fart loudly into the phone.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2021 1:39 PM

When I was 12 and one of my friends (Allison) was 10 or 11 we would use the local phone book and select a man’s number. Since it was right after school typically the man was working and the lady of the house would answer. Allison would use a breathy voice and ask to speak to the man by name and just kind of act like she was having an affair with the man. Those calls usually ended with us cracking up and hanging up. Then one day our phone rang immediately after and It was one of the woman via either the operator or some version of *69. She kept calling until we took the phone off the receiver. This ostensibly killed this past time for us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2021 1:53 PM

^^"This ostensibly killed this past time for us."

Oh, dear x2!

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2021 4:31 PM

Have you checked on the children?

I don’t have any children!

Have you checked on your mom?

Oh for Christ’s sake! She’s sitting right over there watching Wheel of Fortune!

by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2021 5:12 PM

Have you checked on the children?

No. I ate them for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2021 9:24 PM

She is too drunk to come to the phone right now

by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2021 9:38 PM

When I was in college, I would get calls randomly and it was two people having sex… Audibly fucking… After months of this I asked who it was, and they said I knew who it was, I hung up. The next time they called I asked where they were at, he said a car parked in a parking lot about 20 minutes away… So I drove over and found a girl I went to high school with fucking 2 black guys in the back of the car. I watched for awhile and then left.

by Anonymousreply 33November 5, 2021 9:46 PM

Butt patter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 5, 2021 9:56 PM

Hell yes! The trouble I could get into (to this day) if I told the stories of me and my friends. This behavior extended into college. We were quite creative.

by Anonymousreply 35November 5, 2021 10:00 PM

R33 why didn’t you join them?

by Anonymousreply 36November 5, 2021 10:27 PM

I didn’t have the right condom

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2021 1:02 AM

R33 here I wasn’t invited.

by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2021 1:06 AM

I’m a woman. When I was maybe 13, I got a call from a man who was putting on a female voice. He pretended to be a lady from the local department store doing a survey. He asked me about the colors I liked and what color lingerie would look best with my coloring. Would I buy a see-through nightie? Would I like it if my nipples showed through the fabric, etc. I hung up in disgust and called the cops, who didn’t care and seemed rather titillated themselves. Straight men are such pigs.

I knew a guy who would call people named “Lipschitz”. He’d say “Uh yes, is this Lipschitz?” And when they said yes, he’d say “If you’re Lipschitz, my ass talks!” This made me laugh so hard. Because up until that point, I’d never heard that name before, and the whole thing was just hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2021 1:28 AM

I wish I was receiving a prank phone call right now.

by Anonymousreply 40November 7, 2021 12:47 AM

Whenever we got a telemarking call during dinner, my parents would hand over the phone and let us go wild. My sister’s specialty was saying “Grandma? Grandma? I miss you” in a childish voice and then starting to cry. We were also big on calling 1-800-JENNY and Hooked on Phonics.

Someone I knew in college used to abuse the text-to-talk phone system for deaf and hard of hearing people to make prank calls, where you typed in your message and an operator relayed them over the phone to a number you provided. I always thought that was kind of evil.

by Anonymousreply 41November 7, 2021 12:59 AM

When I worked at a mental health phone line, we had such regular prank callers that we had special names on them and the volunteers were trained to recognize their opening lines. We weren’t allowed to hang up on them. Most of them were really gross.

by Anonymousreply 42November 7, 2021 1:00 AM

In my college dorms, there was some way to call 2 different people, and patch them together. You were also on the line and could listen in. “Why did you call me?” “I didn’t call you, you called me!” My friends and I would do it all the time and thought was hilarious, but seems beyond dumb now.

by Anonymousreply 43November 7, 2021 1:34 AM

Before the days of easily traceable phone calls, we used to call suicide prevention hotlines and lead the volunteer through an involved story of depression and hysteria before screaming into the phone, "I'M DOING IT NOW," banging a hammer on a pot and hanging up.

Off topic, we'd also drive around with one of us tied up in the back seat and, at stop lights, have him appear at the window with a gag on yelling for help from the driver in the car next to us. Someone in the front seat would push him down when the light changed and we'd speed off.

by Anonymousreply 44November 7, 2021 2:13 AM

i used to receive phone calls from a guy who called himself Romeo. He would masturbate on the phone. I was a bored 13 year old so it was funny to me. After awhile he would call every day and i'd tell him my teen problems. Finally we developed a friendship over the phone. He even gave me his phone number and we would just talk. I never knew his real name or how old he was. This was before caller id, but we did have 3 way calling and call waiting.

by Anonymousreply 45November 7, 2021 2:18 AM

I absolutely thrived on prank calls. I also loved ding dong Ditch ‘em and house toilet papering .

by Anonymousreply 46November 7, 2021 2:40 AM

Ding dong ditch is still fun

by Anonymousreply 47November 7, 2021 2:48 AM

How with door 📸

by Anonymousreply 48November 7, 2021 2:51 AM

Is Michael Hunt there? Yes, he goes by Mike

by Anonymousreply 49November 7, 2021 2:52 AM

My mom is a very well-endowed woman. Before we got caller ID she used to sprint to our answering machine sometimes to cut off disgusting messages left by perverts before my brother and I heard them.

by Anonymousreply 50November 7, 2021 2:57 AM

Tales of a great bygone era

by Anonymousreply 51November 7, 2021 11:28 AM

My ballsy female friend would immediately ask male and female telemarketers “do you eat pussy?” They would go silent.

by Anonymousreply 52November 7, 2021 3:22 PM

I’ve told the telemarketers that I’m too drunk to speak much

by Anonymousreply 53November 7, 2021 3:33 PM

When I was in junior high (1980-1982), for about a year and a half, I got random phone calls where the person on the other line would say nothing. It always happened on a Saturday during the day. It always sounded like whoever it was was calling from a business, so possibly from a pay phone, because I could hear muffled voices and noise in the background. I could hear someone breathing on the other end, but not obscene heavy breathing. I know I was the target because if my mother, brother, or father answered, they'd hang up. Then they'd try a little later and if I answered, they'd just stay on the line and say nothing. If I hung up right away, they'd call back. One time I just sat on the phone for over a half hour and didn't say anything other than my initial hello.

After a few months of this, I would just hang up immediately and take my phone off the hook for an hour or so. The time between calls got longer and longer until they finally just stopped. I never did find out who it was. Weird and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 54November 7, 2021 3:42 PM

probably an ex

by Anonymousreply 55November 7, 2021 4:26 PM

I come from a small town in New England. During my senior year in high school, the first gay bar opened in a somewhat seedy part of town. My friends and I would occasionally call and ask them to please page (fill in the name). The name would be of some teacher we were pissed at. So we'd hear in muffled tone, "Is 'Bill Smith' here? Paging Bill Smith". There'd be a pause, then the bartender would come back on the phone to tell us he wasn't there.

It's how rumors got started. :):)

by Anonymousreply 56November 7, 2021 6:57 PM

I was terrorized by Morse code obscenity in the 1880s. Finally, I got a Pinkerton guard to dress up in the corset, petticoat and bustle and handle that brute once and for all!

by Anonymousreply 57November 7, 2021 7:14 PM

My best friend went to the high school across town. One day she was ditching and hanging out with me on my campus after lunch. Her theater teacher, Mr. Culpepper, annoyed us both so we called the office of her high school.

"I need to speak to Mr. Culpepper!"

"Ma'am, he's teaching class right now."

"This is his wife, Maggie Culpepper! Can you send a runner? It's an emergency!"

"Oh, of course!"

A student was dispatched. We waited and giggled. Finally we heard Mr. Culpepper running through the office. He picked up the phone, out of breath. "Maggie! Maggie! What is it?"

We made a barfing noise as loud as we could and burst out laughing while he screamed, "Dammit, who IS this?"

by Anonymousreply 58November 7, 2021 7:18 PM

Ur gonna burn for that r58!

by Anonymousreply 59November 7, 2021 9:10 PM

I wouldn't do it today, r59.

In college I had a friend who was from rural Michigan. The next-door neighbor there HATED blacks, Hispanics, gays, you name it. My friend would do imitations of the neighbor's ignorant rants and we would laugh. Just an idiot racist homophobe redneck.

One night we'd been drinking and decided to prank call him in the middle of the night. He answered the phone sleepily.

"Ed! ED! I just saw a [redacted] jump the fence into your yard!"

"I'LL GRAB A GUN!" he screamed, and dropped the phone.

We hung up and laughed till our sides hurt. About 20 minutes later we called back.

"Goddammit, who is this?" he demanded.

"Never mind! I saw that [redacted] in your bed and he's fuckin' your wife RIGHT NOW!"

by Anonymousreply 60November 7, 2021 9:18 PM

R60 if that happened in 2021 your friend would have gotten even by placing a bullet in your head.

by Anonymousreply 61November 7, 2021 9:38 PM

I still do not see how calling someone you dislike up, daily, and blaring the Brady Bunch theme music is an effective way to piss them off.

by Anonymousreply 62November 7, 2021 9:51 PM

I do

by Anonymousreply 63November 8, 2021 12:31 AM

My brother would cold call women in the phone book and ask them if they’d suck him off. After about 20 min of not getting anywhere I got to suck his 8” meat!,

by Anonymousreply 64November 9, 2021 6:18 PM

Hello?

Get your horse out of my garden!

I don’t have a horse!

That’s good because I don’t have a garden.

by Anonymousreply 65November 9, 2021 8:31 PM

Hello?

Are you naked?

Let me check. Hold on…. Um, I’m naked from the waist down but I’m also wearing a Strawberry Shortcake sweatshirt. Does this count?

CLICK

by Anonymousreply 66November 9, 2021 8:52 PM

My university had one telephone exchange for all the dorms, so if you called any number starting with 412, you knew you would get a dorm room. My phone range almost every night in the middle of the night. It was always some guy wanting to jack off over the phone. I did this innumerable times, until one guy actually wanted to meet. So I met him and he wasn't interested in me. Sad story.

by Anonymousreply 67November 9, 2021 9:00 PM

R67 during The Great Depression?

by Anonymousreply 68November 9, 2021 9:38 PM

Reading r14 made me laugh so hard my damned ol teeth fell out!

by Anonymousreply 69November 9, 2021 9:44 PM

“This is joe from the local electric company, are your appliances running?” “ Yes””. You better catch them cuz they are running out the back door.”

by Anonymousreply 70November 9, 2021 10:46 PM

This is the local electric company. Is your gape open? “Yes”. You better shut your back door!

by Anonymousreply 71November 9, 2021 10:57 PM

This is more on the creepy side: When I was nineteen ages ago, I started getting calls from someone whom I didn't know, but who somehow knew of me. I suspect he'd seen me at an ID-lax gay bar that I was going to then, and got my number from some former trick.

He was trying to convince me to come live with him in his remote mountain cabin and be his lover. He said he was 43, but would take excellent care of me. The first couple of times he called, I told him that of course I would never consider doing anything of the kind with a total stranger, but he kept calling. I just started hanging up on him until he gave up. maybe five or six calls later.

by Anonymousreply 72November 9, 2021 11:40 PM

Cheap to be creepy

by Anonymousreply 73November 10, 2021 1:56 AM

R72, horror movie plot

by Anonymousreply 74November 10, 2021 2:00 AM

I'm pretty sure some guy in my HS class called me several times. The one I remember is him asking what I'd do if the lead singer of A-ha was standing in front of me with his pants unzipped.

If it was who I thought it was, it was this little asshole who had some issue with me. He put a note saying "fudgepacker" on my back in class.

He had a voice like Judd Nelson but was about 5 foot nothing, so I think he was projecting. And best of all, he went on to become.....a HAIRDRESSER

by Anonymousreply 75November 10, 2021 2:05 AM

Vivid memory r75.

by Anonymousreply 76November 11, 2021 12:23 AM

I used to love how Andie MacDowell said “fuck you” to her husband towards the end of Sex Lies and Videotape. It made me laugh really hard. Sooooo I called up local businesses and played the audio clip from the movie to them. I laughed and laughed. Then my entertainment dreams were realized when I was talking to this dumb checker at the grocery store. She was going on about how some chick with a southern accent kept calling the store saying “fuck you”. I had to make a b line for the exit so I could let my laughs out in the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 77March 29, 2022 7:24 PM

From midnight until eight in the morning/three days a week/ 2-3 callers per hr./for a couple of years, Holly Woodlawn and I sat side by side in an office above Sunset Blvd. drinking vodka and impersonating horny transexuals with 10-inch cocks on a phonesex line. While we talked trash to sad/lonely masturbating crossdressers from small towns in the mid-west, she wrote " A Low Life in High Heel.," I edited. (Madonna actually optioned the book, expecting to play Candy Darling, Deb Mazar as Holly, and Sandra Bernhard as Jackie Curtis (!!!) That horrible idea never came to fruition. Most of the callers were obnoxious heteros jacking off in their "pretty pink pan- teees," at $8.00 per min. Once in a while, we were able to offer kind and useful help to someone who really needed it.

by Anonymousreply 78March 29, 2022 8:47 PM

Love r77

by Anonymousreply 79April 7, 2022 11:43 PM

Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2022 12:18 AM

A guy I knew throughout school would leave a message on the answering machine saying "This is Bruce's house of beauty, confirming your One O clock appointment." I would always get freaked out that someone might know I was gay. I later confronted that guy and he said he didn't know he was calling me just that he had random phone numbers he left for a lot of people. I don't buy it. Looking at pictures from my uncle's youth I found there to be a lot of pics of him and Bruce of Bruce's house of beauty together.

by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2022 7:44 AM

R77 that is fucking gold.

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2023 10:52 PM

Similar to phone calls……

In 1978 my dad had a CB in his pickup. My toddler friend and I would set up fake sex meetings with truckers at a nearby truck stop. We’d laugh our asses off when the truckers would show up looking for us in the parking lot and we weren’t there. I was 6 and my friend was 4.

by Anonymousreply 83January 27, 2023 10:57 PM

R17 if someone called me up and asked me that, I’d emphatically yell “YES”!

by Anonymousreply 84January 27, 2023 11:07 PM

When I was around 15 or so, some older dude would call several times a week. It was always during the time when I was alone after school before my parents would get home. He started off just asking questions about what I was wearing, and then kept getting dirtier. I hung up on him a few times at first, but then I was bored and a bit turned on until I eventually started jacking off on the phone with him.

This went on for several months until my mom stopped working and was home every afternoon. It made me think it was someone who may have known us and our schedule. Never even a hangup once my mom started being at home. I had a couple of suspects, but eventually quit thinking about it. Now when I think about it it kind of creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 85January 27, 2023 11:30 PM

R85 it was someone at your mom’s place of employment or their sons

by Anonymousreply 86January 28, 2023 11:19 PM

I used to prank call this guy in high school that I hated. He lived just across and down one from me. I'd call and say that I was in his yard about to take a revenge shit, because his dog had taken a shit in my yard. Immediately his family would come out of the front door and flip on their floodlights. I'd sit in my window upstairs in the dark and laugh while they all shined their flashlights looking.

I did this off and on for about 2 years, then one day they figured it out. They came to our house to confront my dad and me. My dad pulled down my pants and spanked me in front of them. It was hot and I got a raging hard on which creeped my dad out. But when I stood up and saw the dumb neighbor boy still looking at me I just licked my lips at him.

by Anonymousreply 87January 28, 2023 11:25 PM

Some people responding here obviously don't know the difference between a prank phone call and an obscene phone call. Read the damn thread title and pay attention, people.

by Anonymousreply 88January 28, 2023 11:37 PM

R88 Now that was a pitiful post. I hope things improve in your life.

by Anonymousreply 89January 28, 2023 11:38 PM

A prank phone call can indeed by obscene r88

by Anonymousreply 90January 28, 2023 11:49 PM

^^Be

by Anonymousreply 91January 28, 2023 11:49 PM

I had a friend who loved to dial random numbers and scream “SUCK MY BALLS!!!” and quickly hang up. We all thought it was hilarious at the time.

by Anonymousreply 92January 29, 2023 6:39 AM

"I saw what you did and I know who you are."

by Anonymousreply 93January 29, 2023 6:50 AM

I would call my mother and criticize the way she cleaned her fine washables.

by Anonymousreply 94January 29, 2023 6:56 AM

I spent hours terrorizing my neighbors by phone. Calling them up in the middle of the night and screaming bloody murder into the phone then stopping and waiting for their reaction. I’d hear stuff like “who in the fuck is this”!?? Then I’d roll over onto my bed and laugh laugh laugh…..

by Anonymousreply 95January 29, 2023 4:53 PM

Nope but my mom was..someone was calling around the area asking his “victims” to say “I love leather” Haaaa even mother thought it was hilarious

by Anonymousreply 96January 29, 2023 5:15 PM

I had a druggie , drunk friend I went to beauty school with. He and his friend Ralph would get drunk during lunchtime then come back and terrorize the staff.

The never got tossed out because the school (Wilfred Academy) would lose their grant money..only those of us who actually paid for it had to watch our asses....anyway,

Billy would call both WA and Ultissima BS up the road and complain in an old ladies voice that one of the students gave him a perm and now his hair was falling out by the handfuls. When asked which student, Billy would say, “The fat one” because there were always a fat girl in the classes.

Billy, may he rest in peace, made beauty school fun

by Anonymousreply 97January 29, 2023 5:20 PM

Lol r97 I love people like your dead druggie friend. Shake the boat

by Anonymousreply 98January 29, 2023 9:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!