Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What on earth is wrong with Annie in Halloween (1978)?

Isn't she meant to be Laurie's friend? She's so nasty all the time: "Great, I have three choices!" she says sarcastically, listing talking to Laurie as one of them.

I think this movie is so great in so many ways, but the dialogue and the delivery of it in a lot of places kills me. There's this whole weird bit where Bob tells Linda they're going to take each others clothes off, and then take the little girl she's babysitting's clothes off too.

I suppose Annie is pissed off she can't see her boyfriend that night, but still.

by Anonymousreply 113March 13, 2022 12:13 PM

Bob was supposed to say Annie but the actor slipped up and they left it in on accident

The actor who played Bob is gay in real life too

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2021 9:20 AM

Oh is that so, R1? That's really interesting, I love background info like that. It sure makes him sound like a creep, haha! And is just bizarre! Thanks for sharing.

"Annie" makes a whole lot more sense.

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2021 9:30 AM

But yes Annie was a bitch especially too Laurie

But I took care of her

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2021 9:36 AM

Annie was fuckin hilarious tbh. Also the actress' acting as she was dying was really good.

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2021 9:37 AM

I enjoyed when she turned up again in The Fog and she was just as much of a bitch towards Janet Leigh.

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2021 9:43 AM

Yes, Annie is an insufferable bitch. I think they were trying to differentiate the three girls and with the character of Annie, they took it too far. She certainly is a contrast to Laurie, though.

by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2021 9:43 AM

I was listening to the Rewatchables podcast about the film, and they said the writers asked the teen girls for help writing their dialogue to make it sound like authentic teen girl speak. So maybe Annie was just like that…

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2021 9:53 AM

R5 and she was a bitch in Halloween III too as Dr. Chablis’ sarcastic wife

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2021 10:05 AM

That's interesting too, R7. I was wondering about that, especially the way Linda throws "totally" into everything she says, it does sound like someone has written it as teen speak they have heard.

Haha, R8, she certainly has a type she plays!

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2021 11:19 AM

Annie be a ho

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2021 11:21 AM

Poor Annie, she didn't even get to ho before her death. If only Pete (?) hadn't been caught egging windows!

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2021 11:24 AM

Little Lindsey Wallace won't know what hit her!

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2021 11:27 AM

I don't think she's really a bitch. They've been friends for years, that's how friends sometimes act towards each other, one more dominant than the other. One of my favorite scenes, directed by Debra Hill, is the scene in the car when Annie and Laurie talk about going to the dance. You can see that Annie really cares about Laurie.

Funny how in Halloween Kills, they used a picture of Bob Odenkirk as "Bob" claiming no one could find the original actor to get his permission. I don't think they even tried. John Michael Graham has done many conventions. He was even at the 40th Anniversary show with the creators of the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2021 11:33 AM

Are the newer Halloweens any good? Honestly, I've only seen the original and I think it's a special movie on it's own. I kinda don't want to watch any of the sequels in case they ruin it, haha.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2021 11:50 AM

Can I just say I love all the sexy bare bottomed ghosts with glasses that Bob inspired this Halloween.

More please!

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2021 12:36 PM

They’re in a small town. Annie’s dad is the sheriff. Of course she lords it over everybody else. But she doesn’t mean it.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2021 12:38 PM

?, R15. Were people dressing up as him with no pants on?

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2021 6:55 PM

I had a friend like Annie when I was in college, and looking back I think she was just plain mean and a bitch. What was I thinking?

I enjoyed Nancy Loomis way more as Janet Leigh's assistant in 'The Fog.'

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2021 8:57 PM

She had to demonstrate that she was a bad girl, because only bad girls are killed in horror/slasher movies.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2021 9:26 PM

The worst acting—ever.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2021 9:43 PM

Annie was the oldest-looking teen girl of all time.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote]Annie was the oldest-looking teen girl of all time.

Seriously!

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2021 9:50 PM

Yeah, I have to say one of the reasons JLC stands out is that she's just a lot more comfortable in front of the camera, even in her first role ever. She acts more naturally than the other two.

PJ Soles also looks awfully old for a teen. She was only just passable in Carrie as it was.

by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2021 8:11 AM

That bitch had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2021 8:26 AM

Remind me, was Annie strangled in the car or did she have her throat slit? I thought it was strangled but a review I was watching recently said throat slit.

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2021 8:34 AM

r25: he strangles her before slitting her throat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2021 11:09 AM

[quote] Annie was the oldest-looking teen girl of all time.

Excuse me?!

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2021 11:38 AM

What a great thread for November, OP!

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2021 11:39 AM

It's so weird when people are just unnecessarily nasty like R28, but I guess it says a lot about them. When they wonder why no one loves them, well, they have their answer right there.

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2021 8:21 PM

Tender to the touch today, R29?

by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2021 8:31 PM

Nope, R30, just confused as ever by killjoys. What a way to go through life.

by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2021 8:46 PM

R14, I would avoid all the sequels with the possible exception of Halloween III which is unrelated to Michael Myers and fun in its own way. The 2018 version ignores all the previous sequels so you could watch that one as a direct continuation of the original story but it seems to really divide Halloween fans - it’s either over-the-top fanboy gushing or virulent hatred for ruining the franchise. I lean more toward the latter but mostly because it’s just not scary and Jamie Lee Curtis is really unlikable in it.

by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2021 9:09 PM

I can see what you mean, R32, even having only seen the first so far. Sometimes you just like a good thing to exist on its own without being run into the ground too.

It's interesting the legs the Halloween franchise has. I don't think the other two big horror franchises have had movies out for over a decade now.

by Anonymousreply 33November 5, 2021 9:10 PM

The Friday the 13th franchise has been tied up in court over rights issues with the original screenwriter which is why there hasn’t been another reboot or sequel in recent years. Supposedly that’s almost settled so expect Jason to make a return soon.

Nightmare on Elm Street is trickier since Robert England brought so much personality to Freddy Krueger it’s hard to replace that with a different actor. Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy wasn’t the worst part of the 2010 NOES remake but any actor who takes the role will be fighting the memory of Englund’s portrayal. Much easier to reboot silent killers like Michael Myers and Jason.

R33, the older I get the more I realize I just generally don’t like sequels. Even the rare good ones never completely recapture the magic of the original. That goes for all genres not just horror. I’d say keep your memories of the original and skip the sequels. They don’t add anything.

by Anonymousreply 34November 5, 2021 9:43 PM

Annie in Halloween: "The sun will come out, tomorrow, or maybe I'll be dead by then".

by Anonymousreply 35November 5, 2021 10:32 PM

I loved that sarcastic bitch. But whenever I watch The Fog, I keep forgetting her character isn't Annie Brackett too. It's like she left the set of Halloween, got a slightly more sophisticated wardrobe and started filming The Fog.

by Anonymousreply 36November 6, 2021 3:15 AM

"Hey, jerk! SPEED KILLS!"

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote] Isn't she meant to be Laurie's friend? She's so nasty all the time:

Please turn in your gay card at any conveniently-located courtesy desk.

by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote] The actor who played Bob is gay in real life

This is so HOT to learn. I always wondered. Can I ask how you know? He is a fuckin SMOKE SHOW in Halloween. *Totally* my type.

Beautiful body (including his feet), beautiful face, great voice. I would love to have been his fuck buddy in 1978.

Tell us more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2021 3:53 AM

I like her but I like bitches. She was slightly less cunty - but nonetheless cunty - in Assault on Precinct 13

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2021 4:06 AM

R1 Are you sure you don’t mean the actor who had two or three lines and was Judith Myers’s beau? David Kyle?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2021 4:11 AM

No, R41, I think that person does mean the guy who played Bob: J. M. Graham.

by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2021 4:13 AM

Interesting, the boy who played Michael Myers as a kid is also gay and just learned that the actor who played Judith Myers boyfriend is a closeted gay. Quite a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2021 4:18 AM

The kid who played Michael Myers grew up HOT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2021 4:42 AM

Uh… I don’t know if I’d call that “HOT”.

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2021 5:00 AM

I thought Annie was exactly like a real person. My friends and I teased each other all the time. We insulted each other…kind of like the dozens. But if one of us got our feelings hurt the others would say “We’re only kidding,” and then we’d say something nice to the person whose feelings were hurt. It was a 70s thing. There were always girls who were what we called “wise beyond their years” and by that we didn’t mean “smart.” We meant sexually knowing. Laurie’s character was more innocent and trusting, while Annie was a sexually experienced wisecracker. IRL she’d be pregnant by graduation day. She’d get married, pussywhip her husband and be divorced in 3-6 years.

She reminded me of my older sister’s friends who teased me all the time. All they cared about was boys while I liked to read & wanted to go to college. They couldn’t understand why anyone would waste time at college when they could get married, pop out kids, get a house, a job with the state and get a pension. In fact, they all did pretty well, retiring with plenty of money in pensions, SS, house sales, etc. I put myself through college. Took years, didn’t get a pension, adopted at 40, got laid off at 50 and never got another steady job. So who was the dummy? I was.

I was always unsure of myself while girls like Annie were sure of themselves since the day they were born. They only got murdered in the movies. IRL they lived to become confident, well-off Trump fans. Because he tells it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2021 5:26 AM

Hot to me, r45!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2021 8:51 AM

I'm not the guy who posted that John Michael Graham is gay but I met him at a convention years ago and he pinged to me. He was quite muscular IIRC. And yes, Will Sandin (young Michael Myers) is gay. I had no idea about David Kyle being a former gay whore turned Bible thumper until that recent thread about him.

by Anonymousreply 48November 6, 2021 10:16 AM

John Michael Graham really doesn't have that much of a filmography. Two on-screen credits with Halloween being the latter.

by Anonymousreply 49November 6, 2021 10:57 AM

R47 Kind of a “pre-Game Show host” face…not that there’s anything wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 50November 6, 2021 2:33 PM

Annie strikes me as being a DLer or the inspiration for one.

by Anonymousreply 51November 6, 2021 2:43 PM

Wasn't Annie also a cunt to poor Sissy Spacek in Carrie as well???

by Anonymousreply 52November 6, 2021 2:53 PM

No, R52. The actress who played Annie in Halloween was not in Carrie.

P.J. Soles, who played Lynda in Halloween, was in Carrie however.

by Anonymousreply 53November 6, 2021 3:21 PM

Lynda WOULD spell her name with a 'y'...

by Anonymousreply 54November 6, 2021 4:13 PM

I always liked the character. She probably had her own insecurities, too. I do think Jamie Lee gives the best performance out of all three. You forget how great she is until you see the movie again. She even makes clunky lines like "the keys! Oh! The keys!" sound believable. See enough horror movies and you realize why they're always called out for bad acting, but Jamie Lee was always great in the horror films she was in. You really believed her, especially once the shit hit the fan and she had to act terrified. So many actors seem to be lousy at that. Maybe they're too self-conscious and trying too hard to look pretty instead of simply going for it and leaving vanity at the door.

by Anonymousreply 55November 6, 2021 4:28 PM

I think it's one of the reasons why I prefer Black Christmas is that I simply like the characters more in Black Christmas than Halloween, except for Jamie Lee's Laurie. Laurie is a great character and Jamie Lee was excellent. But both Annie and Lynda are not very sympathetic or likable so I don't really care about their fates.

Margot Kidder plays a somewhat similar character to Annie in Black Christmas - very sarcastic and witty - but Kidder just comes across as more likable and has more ease with the bitchy one-liners.

I do agree though that Loomis is far better in The Fog. I love her bitchy interplay with Janet Leigh.

by Anonymousreply 56November 6, 2021 4:53 PM

Lynda was a bitch to Laurie as well, wasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 57November 6, 2021 4:59 PM

I love that part in The Fog where Janet Leigh tells her "you're the only person I know who can make 'yes ma'am' sound like 'screw you.'" And then of course she says "yes ma'am" again.

by Anonymousreply 58November 6, 2021 5:03 PM

R56 I find myself rewatching Black Christmas more than Halloween these days. Maybe it's more effective because it never had any sequels to tarnish its scare factor. The characters really are great and memorable and all seem like real friends. I don't even think a mainstream film would touch the abortion issue these days. Notice how both remakes, even the so-called feminist one from a few years ago, brought that into the equation.

by Anonymousreply 59November 6, 2021 5:12 PM

R56 Jamie Lee was excellent but let's not forget how important the Loomis character was. He definitely helped elevate the movie.

by Anonymousreply 60November 6, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote] Lynda was a bitch to Laurie as well, wasn't she?

She was. When Laurie tells her she has nothing to do tomorrow, Lynda replies "It's your own fault and I don't feel a bit sorry for you." Geez.

by Anonymousreply 61November 6, 2021 6:36 PM

Totally disagree R60. Loomis was kind of an annoying, bumbling buffoon, just there to give some backstory to Michael, the institutionalized years, and to shoot Michael at the end.

Pleasance is an annoying actor, too. But I guess his faint British accent “elevated” the movie a tad. Just a tad, though.

“He’s gone from here, the evil is gone!” Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote] I don't even think a mainstream film would touch the abortion issue these days.

I’ve read that before, probably on this site — maybe it was you who said it? Since when is an abortion a forbidden subject or context in mainstream contemporary movies? And why would it be?

If you’d said portraying black characters as criminals, or trans people as anything other than angels & unicorns & victims, then I’d agree.

by Anonymousreply 63November 6, 2021 6:39 PM

Annie was a foul mouthed whore. There is a purity test to the kills in horror movies. Annie liked the booze and the boys, getting killed as a consequence.

by Anonymousreply 64November 6, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] There is a purity test to the kills in horror movies. Annie liked the booze and the boys, getting killed as a consequence.

Wrong. When Hill & Carpenter wrote it, they killed the characters who were too distracted by stuff to notice Michael. Laurie is the only one paying attention. Hill & Carpenter stated this clearly. It had nothing to do with sex or any sort of purity test.

Also please stop using the word ‘kills’ to describe murder scenes in movies. This isn’t Afghanistan. We’re not playing Call Of Duty.

by Anonymousreply 65November 6, 2021 6:52 PM

I'll call it what I like, R65. All the girls who got killed in Halloween were SLUTS. Before they rewrote history, the reason JLC lived was because she was both virginal and Micheal's sister. I think your theory is revisionist bullshit b/c JLC was definitely the virginal, aww shucks last girl who always lives. Even the other girls, like that amoral whore Annie joked about JCL being a square.

by Anonymousreply 66November 6, 2021 7:00 PM

R63, if you have a leading lady who's gotten an abortion, you already alienate a big chunk of your audience who might identify as pro-life. It's stupid, but it's something I've heard many times. Studios are boring and don't take risks. I'd imagine even some indie movies might stay away from it, too, because it's so polarizing.

by Anonymousreply 67November 7, 2021 1:54 AM

Why can't someone use the word "kills" to describe murders in horror films?

The latest Halloween film is called Halloween KILLS.

by Anonymousreply 68November 7, 2021 2:58 AM

‘Halloween Kills’, to me, means “Halloween does kill.”

It’s irksome to me, R68, because I never heard it or saw it anywhere until the last decade, and only online. It seems like some newfangled term that video game-playing dorks brought online from first person shooter games. There’s a lot of crossover between the two audiences/demos, and the video game / comic book types are my sworn enemy.

by Anonymousreply 69November 7, 2021 3:45 AM

I'm not necessarily the hugest fan of reaction videos, but I came across this woman last night and she is so enjoyable and funny! I ended up watching a number of her reactions with a big grin on my face. She echoes my thoughts on Annie haha:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 10, 2021 6:41 PM

I liked her school marm act in Halloween III.

"Children!"

by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2021 12:37 PM

Nancy in Halloween: Oh terrific, I've got three choices - watch the kids sleep, listen to Lynda screw around or talk to you.

Nancy in The Fog: Your grandfather had a way with words.

Nancy in Halloween III: Drinking and doctoring. Great combination.

The snarky delivery is exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2021 11:29 PM

R59 And Black Christmas has Andrea Martin!

by Anonymousreply 73November 14, 2021 11:51 PM

*Andrea Mitchell ^^^

by Anonymousreply 74November 15, 2021 12:47 AM

I just watched Halloween II for the first time tonight. I enjoyed it! I really liked how it continued directly on from the first. Probably the only think I didn't like was the reveal about Laurie and Michael being siblings, I thought that was a bit dumb (and from what I've read, I believe they've retconned that in that latest Halloween movies).

What else has that guy been in - the one that got into the hydrotherapy pool? I've seen him in something else, another horror film like this was it? It's on the tip of my tongue.

by Anonymousreply 75December 17, 2021 10:52 AM

Annie got what she deserved!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 17, 2021 11:05 AM

Leo Rossi, r75. He's been in a ton of stuff. I remember him mostly as one of Jodie Foster's rapists in The Accused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 17, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote]I remember him mostly as one of Jodie Foster's rapists in The Accused.

THAT'S what I know him from. Thanks R77, it was bugging the hell out of me.

He has a cute bum in Halloween II!

by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2021 11:22 AM

R77 The years have not been good for Leo Rossi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 17, 2021 11:23 AM

She's UGLY.

by Anonymousreply 80December 17, 2021 11:24 AM

R77, he didn't rape Jodie, he cheered on the rapists. DL fave Steve Antin was one of her rapists, whose cute bum you get to see.

by Anonymousreply 81December 17, 2021 1:31 PM

None of them raped her. Jodie was asking for it!

by Anonymousreply 82December 17, 2021 2:08 PM

Thanks, r81. It’s been years since I saw the movie so I misremembered. Rossi’s character was so loathsome I was never able to watch him in anything else without thinking he was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 83December 17, 2021 7:43 PM

R83, I think that's why, even though I couldn't place him when watching Halloween II last night, I had that kinda feeling about his character there too.

by Anonymousreply 84December 17, 2021 7:49 PM

I watched Halloween III: Season of the Witch, just then.

What... what [italic]was[/italic] that?

by Anonymousreply 85December 19, 2021 10:55 AM

[quote} I watched Halloween III: Season of the Witch, just then. What... what was that?

An underrated masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 86December 19, 2021 6:55 PM

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I thought some of it was really quite creepy, and other bits just didn't do it for me at all. I might have to think about this one a bit more.

by Anonymousreply 87December 19, 2021 7:00 PM

Fair enough. I just love it. It is creepy, a little campy, entertaining, great score, great atmosphere.

Everything i want in a Halloween film.

by Anonymousreply 88December 19, 2021 7:06 PM

I always liked Halloween III even though it doesn’t make much sense. Agree with all r88’s points and will just add Tom Atkins’ bare ass as another selling point

by Anonymousreply 89December 19, 2021 7:47 PM

Yes, that too r89 lol

by Anonymousreply 90December 19, 2021 7:55 PM

R77 r81 The best of Jodie’s rapists was Woody Brown, formerly of NBC’s entry into nighttime soaps, Flamingo Road.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 20, 2021 5:01 AM

R88, thanks for sharing. I always really love hearing people talk about what they like in a movie I wasn't sure about. It makes me appreciate the movie more!

The commercial was very creepy, with the disembodied kids head and the music. And I thought the scene with the curfew was creepy too.

He's so hot, R91.

by Anonymousreply 92December 20, 2021 10:17 AM

And tight pants, r89. Hell yeah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 20, 2021 10:30 AM

While I wasn't sure if he was my type of not, the bum scene was well appreciated. Also I totally get the daddy fantasy that Ellie has.

I said on the other thread there is a lot of male ass in these old horror movies and I am here for it.

by Anonymousreply 94December 20, 2021 10:49 AM

Agreed R91. He was also Blair's boyfriend who was secretly stripping to get through med school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 20, 2021 12:10 PM

What's wrong with her? She's in a John Carpenter movie.

by Anonymousreply 96December 20, 2021 1:11 PM

R91 Very rarely are you gonna have an "ugly" rapist on tv or in movies.

In real life they are more often than not some creepy looking backwoods incel.

by Anonymousreply 97December 22, 2021 2:38 PM

I watched Halloween 4 tonight. I had heard it was terrible. I didn't think it was terrible, just meh. Kinda uninteresting, could've been better. The ending confused me a bit (but I was doing that dozing thing where you're awake and then really briefly nod off before waking yourself up again). Did Jamie get possessed by Michael when she touched his hand? Anyway, it was fine, I guess. I don't know that I'll rewatch this one like I would the first three though.

by Anonymousreply 98December 29, 2021 11:50 AM

Halloween 5: What a dumb movie!

by Anonymousreply 99December 31, 2021 9:13 PM

I hate 5. Tina is so annoying and you have Jamie screeching her name every five minutes: TEEEEEENA!!!!

I like 4 probably because it was the first Halloween movie I saw in cinemas. And it had a cool atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 100December 31, 2021 10:18 PM

OMG R100, Tina lasted WAY too long in that dumb movie, she should've been killed as soon as she went to look for Rachel in the house, like before the party even. She was so annoying!

by Anonymousreply 101December 31, 2021 10:34 PM

Until I watched a lot of these 80s slashers, I had no idea how annoying the name Tina could be, shouted and screamed over and over and over again: Halloween 5, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th Part VII, etc.

by Anonymousreply 102December 31, 2021 10:35 PM

I'm trying to get through the Halloween series, but it's a bit difficult so far finding either The Curse of Michael Myers or Resurrection. Other than that I've watched everything up to and including H20, so thought I'd watch the first of the Rob Zombie ones tonight. My, he does love his trailer trash aesthetic, doesn't he? This movie felt so mean. I was conflicted watching it because it's not what I want in a Halloween film necessarily, but other parts were quite interesting to me. It felt pretty nasty, but surprisingly not AS gory as I was expecting, considering this came out in the mid 2000s.

So, that little girl that played Jamie in 4 and 5 was now Annie with her tits out everywhere in this one? The guy playing Paul looked hot. We were so close to an ass scene too :(. Damn you, Michael!

by Anonymousreply 103January 1, 2022 8:53 AM

Oh and I quite liked H20 when I watched it, even though on reflection not a lot happened in it. It was just cool to see JLC back and follow her story. The timeline of these movies is a bit confusing, but still nice to be back with her. I also liked how the teens in this one seemed more normal, like what I remember being a teen was like back then, more "trying to be more grown up than we are" type feeling, not just solely characterised as "horny" and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 104January 1, 2022 8:55 AM

Halloween H20 was good..I think. I'm not sure. I know I watched it because I watch anything with Josh Hartnett in it so I can look at him.

by Anonymousreply 105January 2, 2022 10:44 AM

She was awful, but she was fucking the director.

by Anonymousreply 106January 2, 2022 10:52 AM

I wish Michael cut out her Vagina and stuck it in her whore mouth.

by Anonymousreply 107January 2, 2022 10:53 AM

[quote] She was awful, but she was fucking the director.

Nancy Loomis wasn't fucking John Carpenter, she was married to Tommy Lee Wallace, who was the production designer. He later directed Halloween 3.

by Anonymousreply 108January 2, 2022 12:10 PM

R108 it was the 70s….

by Anonymousreply 109January 2, 2022 8:09 PM

I was kind of creeped out how Zombie kept lingering the camera on Danielle Harris' breasts in Halloween. It was creepy to me.

by Anonymousreply 110January 2, 2022 11:32 PM

It was a bit over the top, I agree, R110. Zombie does come across to me though like a true horror fan, who probably put that in because it reminded him of the movies he loved growing up? Or maybe I'm being too charitable.

I'm glad I watched his movies, just to see, but they weren't for me. The lingering on the distress of the victims was quite upsetting too. And there was just this nasty feel over the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 111January 2, 2022 11:40 PM

I saw the 2018 Halloween tonight, which was definitely more enjoyable to me than the Rob Zombie ones, which made me feel nasty afterwards. Enjoyed the little throwbacks I picked up to the first two movies, because they weren't recreating things like the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, but just acting as little moment for fans. Like Allison seeing Laurie outside while she is in class, the ghost sheet, the boy nailed to the wall, Michael walking into a woman's kitchen where she's preparing food to grab a knife, the patients wandering in the road...

I thought it was pretty enjoyable and I liked how JLC played Laurie as someone who is actually losing it. Even though she is right to be prepared, she also looks kinda insane at the same time, and you totally understand why others don't warm to her. Her scene at the dinner was really good - like Laurie could've easily been interpreted as stealing attention from others. I also really liked the scenes between the babysitter and the boy she was babysitting, those were funny and cute.

I only have three Halloween movies I haven't seen yet: The Curse of Michael Myers, Resurrection and Halloween Kills. I've heard very bad things about the first two of those. Can't find these movies anywhere to watch unfortunately, the completist in me needs to seem 'em all.

by Anonymousreply 112January 5, 2022 10:34 AM

I found a copy of The Curse of Michael Myers tonight and watched it. The whole thing with the cult was very silly, but dare I say it that this was at least more watchable than either Parts 4 or 5 - especially 5. It also felt a bit more mean-spirited in the kills than I'm used to with a Halloween film.

I'm glad they continually rebooted this series after this entry. From Parts 4 to 6 they are really, in my opinion, being a bit too much sticklers for the whole "going after every Strode" thing. It's weird, but sticking too closely to this isn't so enjoyable to me. Michael is scarier when he just kills, without the whole family stuff going on. And always so much better when JLC turns up.

Paul Rudd was going by "Paul Stephen Rudd" at this time, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 113March 13, 2022 12:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!