Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The drunken night Ava Gardner confessed all to me

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2021 1:52 AM

I wonder who they were.

by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2021 8:57 PM

Elizabeth McGovern doesn't have the talent or sex appeal to play Gardner.

by Anonymousreply 2November 3, 2021 9:28 PM

I haven't watched her in anything so can not speak for talent. This little video has me curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 3, 2021 9:40 PM

So Ava was a carpet muncher. I wonder if Lana's was shag or a low pile carpet. Oh well, I guess staying in on a Sunday eating minge could be very calming for that big ol' lezzy.

by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2021 9:42 PM

Her autobiography was a great read. Ava Gardner was a true broad in the best sense.

by Anonymousreply 5November 3, 2021 9:45 PM

I am not sure what to make of that article. Betty Grable was in a musical on Broadway when Ava was 17 so that does check out.

by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2021 9:53 PM

I sort of understand her marrying Frank Sinatra and Artie Shaw but Mickey Rooney?

by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2021 9:59 PM

Meckey 1942.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 3, 2021 10:03 PM

Joan Crawford also had a sexual affair with Marilyn Monroe. Joan used to eat Marilyn's pussy like it was a juicy piece of fried chicken. Joan and Marilyn each slept with many of the big female stars in Hollywood.

I don't think people realize that the majority of women in the entertainment industry(film & music) are indeed bisexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 3, 2021 10:03 PM

Ava was one of the truest rags to riches stories. Born in Grabtown, NC. to tobacco sharecroppers. Eventually one of her sisters married a man who was a professional photographer and moved to NYC. He took some glamour shots of Ava on one of her visits and put the photos out for display in his photo studio. The suggestion was made to send her pictures to MGM which he did. She was then interviewed by the head of MGM talent in NYC and did a minor screen test without speaking because her southern drawl was so thick no one at MGM could understand word she was saying. The test got to Louis B. Mayer in Hollywood who sent word to the scout, "she can't sing, she can't act, she can't talk, she's terrific!". They signed her to a contract right after that.

by Anonymousreply 10November 3, 2021 10:04 PM

Ava, I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the yeast!

by Anonymousreply 11November 3, 2021 10:09 PM

I really do not understand why they had Ava change her accent. Grabtown is close to where my mother's people are from. She was the same age range as my grandma and her sisters and brothers. They all had these beautiful southern accents. What a shame that we did not get to hear Ava speak naturally.

by Anonymousreply 12November 3, 2021 10:10 PM

Did Ava ever chow down on The Hairiest Pussy in Hollywood?

It's the least she could do for Judy after stealing Artie Shaw from her.

by Anonymousreply 13November 3, 2021 10:12 PM

Such a stunning woman. Seemed like a riot to be around, too.

by Anonymousreply 14November 3, 2021 10:12 PM

My dad was a country boy from NC. Now he did have an accent that could be difficult to understand at times.

by Anonymousreply 15November 3, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote]The feuding between Frank and Ava now turned even uglier and more violent. Once Sinatra burst into their house in Palm Springs to find Ava and Lana both topless. A third actress jumped out of a window into bushes.

That was me.

by Anonymousreply 16November 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Those two old lezzies had been licking Agnes Moorehead's minge when Franky burst in. It wouldn't have mattered if he'd caught them in mid cuntlap, he was basically an emaciated midget and she could have stomped his little slight ass in a minute.

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2021 1:07 AM

I wouldn't doubt they had Ava change her accent because they saw her as a possible hot prospect and they didn't want her limited to playing southern broads. She would have never become the star she became if she had not gotten rid of the drawl. And trust me, no born and bred southerner who has a thick drawl can ever get rid of it entirely. They can only hide it. I'm betting when Ava was in private she'd let the corn pone flow like mad. I'm sure her male paramours all loved it. Most straight men get very horny listening to a beautiful woman with a southern drawl.

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2021 1:13 AM

Elizabeth McGovern as AVA GARDNER???

No, no, no, no NO!

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2021 1:19 AM

Been there done that.. badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2021 1:48 AM

I'm sure her female lovers did, too, R18.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2021 1:54 AM

Liv Tyler could easily be made up to look like Ava.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2021 1:55 AM

Ava had Capucine who had Judy and Marilyn who had Joan who had Stanwyck who had ....

A lively bunch considering the pesky studio morality clauses.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2021 2:28 AM

The Ava part is hot. The Lana part....is not.

Let's find out some hotter broads. Lana does NOT make the cut

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2021 2:37 AM

Yeah, like that Marjorie Main tail...Hattie McDaniel...

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2021 2:47 AM

"Ava Gardner was the sexiest woman I ever met. Without question. She was a mensch, a true mensch, and she was a babe."

- Jane Fonda

Considering Jane is bisexual, did they ever hook up? There is not that much age difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2021 2:48 AM

Christine Norden? Oh, Ava, no, gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2021 2:49 AM

Stefanie Powers wrote in her book that she visited Ava in London and as she watched Ava brush her hair she found her to be the most sensual creature on the planet. I wonder about those two

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2021 2:59 AM

Don't forget Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo, Katharine Hepburn, Claudette Colbert......and Spring Byington.

by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2021 3:36 AM

Who bedded Edith Head? That must have taken some fortitude.

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2021 3:47 AM

What made Artie Shaw so magnetic to women?

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2021 3:49 AM

R31. La musica es el amor y el amor es la musica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2021 3:56 AM

Wasn't it during her marriage to Shaw when Ava really began to drink? He was such an asshole to her.

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2021 3:59 AM

What a sexy woman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2021 4:00 AM

I think Elizabeth McGovern as older Ava is fine.

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2021 4:24 AM

Artie Shaw was hung like a bull.

by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2021 4:27 AM

R36 Well, so am I but I haven't had eight wives!

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2021 6:02 AM

After reading the article in OP's link, Ava definitely had the gift of the gab.

I've only seen her in "Night of the Iguana" and she did give off a lesbian vibe, which is hilarious because she attacks Grayson Hall's character for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2021 6:59 AM

Jane looks freakish in the picture up thread.

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2021 8:02 AM

R9 everyone in Hollywood is bisexual or at least “bisexual for roles”

There’s always been a big male casting couch too

by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2021 8:09 AM

Ava Gardner was bisexual. She like to parade around her pool, which just happened to be in full view of her prey, Greta Garbo, who lived next door. Greta believed she was an enticing woman, but she never took the bait. The bashful Swede could not consummate with such a hot blooded Italian woman.

by Anonymousreply 41November 4, 2021 8:18 AM

Italian?

by Anonymousreply 42November 4, 2021 8:23 AM

Yeah R42, didn’t you know her name was really Avarice Giardiniera?

by Anonymousreply 43November 4, 2021 9:03 AM

I need to watch "Night of the Iguana" to check out her lesbian vibe.

by Anonymousreply 44November 4, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote]Considering Jane is bisexual, did they ever hook up? There is not that much age difference.

Jane hinted previously that she lost her virginity to Greta Garbo when she was a teenager.

I think Jane tried to sleep with Barbra Streisand, but Babs is strictly dickly.

by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2021 3:33 PM

Quite sad that to the end of her life, she was unwilling to be open about her lesbianism or bisexuality, as if it would sully her legacy, that she never got over the homophobia of American society when she was young.

by Anonymousreply 46November 4, 2021 3:44 PM

This old gossip has been posted a million times on DL.

Michael Thornton probably never interviewed Ava, at least not during a drunken evening. He did an interview for her for some UK publication and then Kitty Kelley said she "hired" him to do another interview with Ava, because Ava wouldn't interview with Kelley directly. Ava wasn't supposed to know the interview was really for Kelley.

But then when Kelley published her book on Sinatra, it turned out the scandalous quotes from Ava were made up. Thornton had only interviewed Ava for the UK newspaper, not for Kelley at all.

It's bad enough that someone posts this shit every four months (and has since 2006, when the Daily Fail first published it) but it's worse that not a single person on this forum remembers that it's bullshit. I guess when all you want to do is say "haw haw carpet muncher BIG LEZZIES also Joan Crawford ate out Marilyn Monroe it's true because Darwin Porter said so" then it doesn't matter if the story is old and completely invented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 4, 2021 3:50 PM

I searched but did not find it, R47. This story was published in May of this year. I posted it because I think Ava was a very sexy woman and would love to know if it is true. She might have never gotten drunk and told him these things but there still might be truth to those rumors.

by Anonymousreply 48November 4, 2021 4:14 PM

How did the night get drunk?

by Anonymousreply 49November 4, 2021 4:24 PM

I know for a fact that Ava bedded Capucine so she was certainly bisexual at least.

by Anonymousreply 50November 5, 2021 12:47 AM

Peter Evans wrote Ava's bio. He was originally summoned by Ava in London to ghost write her autobiography.but after months of working together she pulled the plug on the project so Evans published his own book about Ava using the info she'd given him.

Ava's maid who was with her for decades (and later went to work for Gregory Peck after Ava's death) also wrote a book about Ava.

Both books make clear Ava also liked the ladies. R47 doesn't seem to know much about Old Hollywood. I imagine you believe Cary Grant was str8 as well.

by Anonymousreply 51November 5, 2021 1:03 AM

I am currently reading Lee Server's book on Ava. It mentions her visiting lesbian/gay bars, red-light zones, and brothels. I would love to know what her type of woman was.

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2021 1:34 PM

[quote]She had indeed had a relationship with Lana Turner, and with several other high-profile female stars.

NO mention of LENA HORNE? Other than Lana, Lena was the biggest rumor of an affair with Ava, Sinatra even believed it. Since Lena's long dead, some of this should come out.

by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2021 1:59 PM

Women are a bit more sexually fluid than men and it’s not surprising that women in that age turned to other women for sexual release. Men just pumped away and came with no regard for the woman’s orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2021 2:06 PM

R54, me think that "pumping away" causes a woman to orgasm.

[quote]What made Artie Shaw so magnetic to women?

It's the MUSIC, same with Sinatra and dozens of other fugly guys who wouldn't have a chance of they didn't sing/play.

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2021 2:11 PM

Greta Garbo preferred Legato more than Staccato. She said so,at least according to Cecil Beaton (ha ha).

Yeah, right!

by Anonymousreply 56November 30, 2021 10:41 AM

I will only believe Ava was a Lesbo if evidence is presented of her fighting or eating pussy in a bathroom stall.

by Anonymousreply 57November 30, 2021 11:44 AM

She may have been AnyAndEverythingthatmoves-Lesbo.

In GGs biography, she stated that Ava often went to her pool a-buffo even knowing that many neighbors could see her. There was no official documented affair between them.

by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2021 12:33 PM

Why suddenly do you all want "official documentation" or evidence like a frightened frau? All of these people are dead and not talking.

by Anonymousreply 59November 30, 2021 2:10 PM

It is good to read about these rumors outside of datalounge and lchat so it does not seem like fantasy. The more places, the better.

by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2021 4:52 PM

Scotty Bowers has something to say on the subject, and he's not on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2021 8:22 PM

Didn't he say he had a threesome with Ava and Lana at Frank Sinatra's house?

by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2021 10:57 PM

No, R62, that Ava-Lana threesome was another time. Lena openly discussed her and Ava drinking while lying before a fireplace, no one put two and two together in 1982.

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2021 1:28 AM

Ava with Dirk Bogarde Dirk looks gay in every publicity photo for The Angel Wore Red. Ava is shot almost entirely in shadows in this film. For good reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2021 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!