Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ice Cube Walks Away from $9M Paycheck Because He Won't Get Vaccinated

Ice Cube has departed Sony’s upcoming comedy, Oh Hell No, in which he would’ve co-starred with Jack Black, after declining a request from producers to get vaccinated, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The film is pushing back its production start. Black injured himself in June while filming a gag for the last episode of Conan but is still attached to the project. Sources tell THR the studio is looking to find a replacement for Ice Cube, who walked from a $9 million payday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 31, 2021 9:16 AM

Wow, this really saddens me. I thought Cube was smarter than this.

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2021 8:01 PM

Bye, bitch. What a moron.

by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2021 8:02 PM

The anti-vaxxers are total imbeciles.

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2021 8:03 PM

Good for him. Fuck the commie-driven mandate up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2021 8:03 PM

He looks like a prime candidate to possibly get sick and die from Covid, so this could work out quite well for....comedy?

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2021 8:06 PM

Fine. I don't listen to his music.

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2021 8:07 PM

He'll almost certainly release a statement saying he left for other reasons besides vaccination, and then never followup on whether he was vaccinated or not.

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2021 8:19 PM

What? The preferred supplier for ice cubes in Hollywood has a $9 million price tag? What are they made of champagne? And for a Jack Black vehicle? This sounds like one of those designed to lose money scams.

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2021 8:20 PM

Bye, Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2021 8:21 PM

And ignoring health advice worked out so well for Eazy E.

What will the producers ever do? Where will they ever find another black comedian in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2021 8:22 PM

Yes, public health regulations during a pandemic, like the fluoridation of water, are obviously part of the most monstrously-conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2021 8:25 PM

[quote]Bye, Felicia.

Bravo, R9, there has ever been a more appropriate time to use this quote on Datalounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2021 8:25 PM

Which was why I was surprised no one beat me to it. r12. (Maybe folks didn't know its origin like you and I.)

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2021 8:27 PM

Well, he was a N with an attitude. I respect that this is his Kaeperknick moment, even though it thoroughly isn’t close to being one.

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2021 8:28 PM

If they shovel this 9 mil to Dave Chappell....

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2021 8:31 PM

You're trying really too hard OP. This is some straight up LSA bullshiitery. Why is Lipstick Alley going full on bonkers on here?

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2021 8:34 PM

Good for him standing up to having rights. I loved Friday !

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2021 8:45 PM

The right to die of a preventable disease and potentially spread it to others? I don't recall Jefferson writing about that right...

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2021 8:52 PM

He’s just showing how rich, jaded and out-of-touch he is. He’s saying: “$9M is pocket change to me” to fans who are probably struggling to survive.

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2021 9:06 PM

Ice Cube has been in the biz a long time, and by some accounts, is quite connected politically. I think he knows exactly what's up.

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote] I think he knows exactly what's up.

And what exactly is that?

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2021 9:12 PM

Looking forward to seeing him get his Herman Cain Award!

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote] And what exactly is that?

That many celebrities, politicians and business leaders are not getting the vaccine. Such as the CEO of Pfizer himself.

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2021 9:16 PM

Bye!

by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2021 9:16 PM

[quote] That many celebrities, politicians and business leaders are not getting the vaccine. Such as the CEO of Pfizer himself.

And why aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote]Fact Check- Pfizer CEO received his second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on March 2021

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 29, 2021 9:20 PM

No, no, I want to hear just how much of an idiot this poster is!

by Anonymousreply 27October 29, 2021 9:22 PM

Oops, sorry, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28October 29, 2021 9:23 PM

He's fat - a prime driver of getting bitch slapped by covid.

All these fat Americans think they're "healthy" just because they're not freakshow fat.

Get the shots fatties or, the odds are, an ICU bed will be your future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 29, 2021 9:24 PM

Enjoy your boosters. And good luck.

by Anonymousreply 30October 29, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]Wow, this really saddens me. I thought Cube was smarter than this.

He was busted last year over supposed shady dealings with Steve Bannon.

by Anonymousreply 31October 29, 2021 9:25 PM

And you enjoy your ventilator, r30!

by Anonymousreply 32October 29, 2021 9:25 PM

Damn, I’d blow Pence, Trump AND Richard Speck for $9 mill.

by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2021 9:25 PM

R18, a vaccinated person can also spread COVID, or suffer a contagion. What the vaccine does is increase the possibility that the illness will be asymptomatic, and decrease the likelihood of death (even though it is not known up to what percentage any of the vaccines increase the likelihood of a positive outcome after infection).

The main problem is that the effects of most COVID vaccines are not known, as vaccines are normally tested for several years before they are released to the public. This hasn't happened with the ones released in 2020, as you know. However, there is ample proof that COVID only affects children who have co-morbidities, and the Pfizer vaccine in particular does have extremely negative effects on the health of young people (myocarditis being the most frequent) - that is why many people are pushing back against it.

Also, vaccines are not needed for people who have already suffered from COVID, as they have more antibodies than those who are vaccinated. Many people are rejecting vaccines because they simply do not need them. What should alarm us is the fact that so many medical and nursing professionals are openly rejecting being vaccinated, and Fauci has constantly lied and contradicted himself about the pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 29, 2021 9:26 PM

Luckily I'm not an obese.

by Anonymousreply 35October 29, 2021 9:27 PM

He ‘s a horrible “actor” anyway are they that hard up for black actors?

by Anonymousreply 36October 29, 2021 9:28 PM

Yes, you are exactly the moron I thought you were, r34. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 37October 29, 2021 9:29 PM

When he dies or gets sick with long-term symptoms I’m going to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 38October 29, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote]Fact Check- Pfizer CEO received his second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on March 2021

That's not what I read on Facebook -- and a YouTube video from a Lithuanian chiropractor confirmed it!

by Anonymousreply 39October 29, 2021 9:32 PM

Ice Cube should go get melted.

by Anonymousreply 40October 29, 2021 9:34 PM

Kudos to R34 for cramming so many mistruths, half truths and lies into a three-paragraph post!

by Anonymousreply 41October 29, 2021 9:34 PM

No I got it from Michael Yeadon and Robert Malone.

Actual doctors, not two salesmen named Fauci and Gates.

by Anonymousreply 42October 29, 2021 9:35 PM

r4 is an insane asshole. Here is his previous post:

[quote]What is so awful about being conservative? Being conservative does not equal being racist or homophobic, and is not the opposite of being progressive. It's liberal politics and thinking that led to the destruction of major American cities, not to mention the AIDS epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 43October 29, 2021 9:36 PM

I’ll take the role for a quarter of his salary.

by Anonymousreply 44October 29, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote]Michael Yeadon and Robert Malone.

"Michael Yeadon is a British pharmacologist who attracted media attention for making false or unfounded claims about the COVID-19 pandemic and the safety of COVID-19 vaccines."

As for Robert Malone:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 29, 2021 9:55 PM

The moron doesn't care about that.

by Anonymousreply 46October 29, 2021 9:57 PM

The top Google result! Brilliant research. Did you read beyond your copypasta?

Oh, well. I tried.

by Anonymousreply 47October 29, 2021 9:58 PM

The Lord Jesus is protecting The Ice Cube.

by Anonymousreply 48October 29, 2021 9:58 PM

Tried what? Spread misinformation because you think your google fu is better than actual science?

by Anonymousreply 49October 29, 2021 10:00 PM

You know an intelligent, critical mind is supposed to be able to discern credible information....

by Anonymousreply 50October 29, 2021 10:02 PM

Another dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2021 10:03 PM

He's no bunker bitch, that's for sure. But he is scared of a needle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 29, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote]Enjoy your boosters. And good luck.

I got no problem with boosters, R30. I get a flu shot every year - it's no biggie to do a covid booster (if necessary) at the same time. I don't see why this is some big problem for people like you.

Matter of fact, speaking of boosters, I'm due for my Tdap 10 yr booster. Thanks for reminding me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 29, 2021 10:09 PM

R41, you're a shameless liar. There are peer reviewed studies that confirm that young boys in particular, are at greater danger of suffering from myocarditis from the Pfizer vaccine, than actually getting COVID and suffering any complications.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 29, 2021 10:12 PM

What is peer review, R54? Is that like USA Today Fact Check?

by Anonymousreply 55October 29, 2021 10:14 PM

[quote] In the latest study, which has yet to be peer reviewed

by Anonymousreply 56October 29, 2021 10:15 PM

The only part of this that is shocking is that anyone wants to pay him 9M to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 57October 29, 2021 10:41 PM

Ice Cube- Is he Ice T's cousin?

by Anonymousreply 58October 29, 2021 11:39 PM

From now on I’m calling him Blockhead.

by Anonymousreply 59October 30, 2021 1:41 AM

I’m just shocked someone thinks “Ice Cube” is still relevant.

by Anonymousreply 60October 30, 2021 1:50 AM

Don't know if this is true: Ice Cube's net worth: $160 million. I guess he can afford to pass up $9 million.

On another note, Ice Cube is an asshole for not getting vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 30, 2021 2:26 AM

Ugly, fat, untalented why is he famous and why is anyone paying him 9 million to do anything? Tf?

by Anonymousreply 62October 30, 2021 2:36 AM

I don't even understand what r16 is saying. This comes from the Hollywood Reporter.

by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2021 2:45 AM

Blacks are more skeptical about this vaccine do to their history of being Guinea pigs

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2021 3:19 AM

Due duh

by Anonymousreply 65October 30, 2021 3:58 AM

That's one dumb [italic]schvartze[/italic]!

by Anonymousreply 66October 30, 2021 4:21 AM

He’s an anti Semitic racist so let’s hope his unvaccinated ass gets delta and he’s on a ventilator

by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2021 4:28 AM

I'd be shocked if he wasn't prediabetic.

by Anonymousreply 68October 30, 2021 4:42 AM

Good for him. And everyone standing up for bodily/medical autonomy.

by Anonymousreply 69October 30, 2021 4:43 AM

Why are so many blacks anti - vaxxers a seriously? Kylie Erving too.

by Anonymousreply 70October 30, 2021 4:44 AM

[quote]I'd be shocked if he wasn't prediabetic

No, I eat meat.

by Anonymousreply 71October 30, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote]Good for him. And everyone standing up for bodily/medical autonomy.

And then, with equal heroism, lying down for their ventilation.

by Anonymousreply 72October 30, 2021 5:00 AM

[quote] You're trying really too hard OP. This is some straight up LSA bullshiitery. Why is Lipstick Alley going full on bonkers on here?

Remind us again why you believe that the internet consist of only 2 segregated websites. An article about an anti vax popular Hollywood actor shouldn't be posted here because?

by Anonymousreply 73October 30, 2021 5:06 AM

r72, which Pfizer office do you work at?

by Anonymousreply 74October 30, 2021 5:44 AM

I work at Pfizer's head office, on QAnon Drive in the Bermuda Triangle. I'd be happy to give you a guided tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 30, 2021 5:53 AM

He's one of the awake and know's better than to inject this toxic filth into his body. This is why all the establishment zombies/lab rats are attacking him. He's a target now so hope he and his family stays safe. Total respect for my man Ice Cube!

by Anonymousreply 76October 30, 2021 5:58 AM

R70, Have you never read about the Tuskegee Trials? Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 77October 30, 2021 6:52 AM

R76 Go back to parler trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 78October 30, 2021 8:32 AM

R76 The only rats are the pussy anti vaxxers such as yourself, your selfishness will cause many people to one loved ones prematurely. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 79October 30, 2021 8:35 AM

R76 - you’re trolling (and I love it) but you are probably double vaccinated yourself, so your post is silly.

by Anonymousreply 80October 30, 2021 8:55 AM

r80 = Pfizerbot

by Anonymousreply 81October 30, 2021 8:57 AM

[quote]a vaccinated person can also spread COVID

Much less effectively.

"A recent preprint study from the Netherlands, which looked at spread in households, found vaccinated people who were infected (mostly with delta) were 63 percent less likely to spread the virus than people who were unvaccinated and infected. And that’s probably an underestimate, because the vaccinated are less likely to be infected by the virus to begin with — another layer of protection against spread of the disease."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 30, 2021 11:44 AM

[quote] know's

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 83October 30, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote] Have you never read about the Tuskegee Trials?

Have you? Treatment being withheld is not the same thing as being vaccinated. But whatever.

by Anonymousreply 84October 30, 2021 11:50 AM

bodily/medical autonomy = opinions shaped by the University of FB and the YouTube Institute of Bullshittery of Anti-science.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 30, 2021 11:57 AM

Ice -T would never do that. He'd get the shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 30, 2021 12:14 PM

Yeah let’s take medical advice from a ghetto drop out who murdered for street cred and gets high since he was 11. Fuck this noise. Hope his kids get it and then he looks like the Tardo anti vaxxer he is, also when he gets it and he’s unable to rap his crap “music”, he can finally shut the fuck up on a ventilator. He’s spewing racist shit about Jews because he’s Nation of Islam. Racist asshole. ‘Rona needs to find this fucker. He’s a pussy scared of a needle. Mr hang banger can’t handle a tiny prick (literally and figuratively).

by Anonymousreply 87October 30, 2021 12:27 PM

Antivaxers all sound so unhinged and uneducated.

by Anonymousreply 88October 30, 2021 1:26 PM

Funny, most pro-vaxxer arguments seem to inevitably devolve to "NYAH NYAH NYAH SCIENCE"

by Anonymousreply 89October 30, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote]Ice Cube has been in the biz a long time, and by some accounts, is quite connected politically. I think he knows exactly what's up.

So connected he tried to sell the black vote wholesale to Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 30, 2021 1:43 PM

R52, Bill Gates has committed to spending billions in order to curing the largest cause of blindness, but also other diseases in Africa. You know Africa? It's that continent that black American celebrities, like Ice Cube don't give 2 fucks about? You know, it's where many of it's countries still have legalized slavery? That country. But you won't hear a word about that type of slavery from black celebs. You won't see them spending a penny of their money helping anyone in Africa. Bill and his ex-wife Melinda are the ones who have been saying for more than 2 decades that the world would have a crippling worldwide pandemic. They actually know so much about public health they could pass qualifying exams for degrees in public health, tomorrow

Bill & Melinda Gates have made it their life's mission to curing diseases like elephantiasis, river blindness, and blinding trachoma, which disable tens of millions of people in poor countries, such as Africa. Their main goal (aside from curing people) is to make the world a more equitable place for more than one billion people. Living in poverty is the main reason Africans are at risk of these diseases, which when not treated cause poverty.

Trachoma is the number one cause of preventable blindness in the world

Ironically, the treatment for River Blindness is Ivermectin. But that's because River Blindness (and elephantiasis) are caused by worms. Not only is Ivermectin a horse dewormer, it's also a people dewormer. In fact, Ivermectin has only been approved for one use in humans, to rid them of worms

You know Ivermectin? It's what Joe Rogan took when he got Covid. You know Joe Rogan? he that's so called comedian that's full of shit. But at least all that shit he's so full of, doesn't have worms. I wonder if his girlfriend, Suzanne Santo got Covid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 30, 2021 1:46 PM

That's his choice if he wants to be a vector of disease and death. Nobody's putting him in a fucking concentration camp.

by Anonymousreply 92October 30, 2021 1:50 PM

It’s funny how the media would criticize white people who wouldn’t get a vaccine as morons but they won’t do the same with privileged black celebs.

by Anonymousreply 93October 30, 2021 2:39 PM

I remember all the hullabaloo over smallpox vaccination. Such shit logic still prevails. Black persons might view COVID-19 as another government-designed syphilis trap to kill off black peoples - render black men neutered, etc….

You can take the man out of the hood, but you can’t take the hood out of the man.

by Anonymousreply 94October 30, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote] You know Africa? ... That country.

R91, if you want to posture as some expert on Africa, perhaps don't refer to it as a "country".

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2021 2:55 PM

r95

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2021 3:01 PM

The thought of anyone who posted on this thread actually spending money on a ticket to see a film called "Oh Hell No" starring Ice Cube makes me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 97October 30, 2021 3:06 PM

I got to say it was a good day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 30, 2021 3:06 PM

If established 'talent' can walk away from $9 million, it's time to spread the wealth and find someone who will appreciate the opportunity to come forward to work for $4.5 million It amazes me that a Jack Black project still commands a theatrical release. I don't know if Ice Cube rose from poverty, but if he did, good for him to pass the baton to another snowflake with potential. Knowing Hollywood, they'll still scope out another millionaire. Sinbad, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 99October 30, 2021 3:14 PM

[quote] Yeah let’s take medical advice from a ghetto drop out who murdered for street cred and gets high since he was 11.

I hope Ice Cube is nominated for a Herman Cain Award, but the above is laughable nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 100October 30, 2021 3:41 PM

Antivaxers never met a cherry they wouldn't pick. Pregnant women are dying in droves because some they give everyone the idea that the vax causes miscarriages. They don't consider that 10-25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. They just tout story after story to scare women at one of the most vulnerable part of their lives. Instead these unvaxed women are kept alive in comas so that they can deliver premature babies and leave behind motherless kids and widowers left to raise them by themselves. Fuck it, I feel bad about uneducated black people who will see this and die, but let the rest of the antivaxers die quickly at home before they whip up a new variant in their lungs.

by Anonymousreply 101October 30, 2021 4:11 PM

R91 I posted Ice Cube's tweet about Bill Gates with a pointlessly bitchy comment of my own added. I wasn't endorsing his QAnon nonsense...

by Anonymousreply 102October 30, 2021 4:53 PM

r52 you know that cognitive dissonance is a mental disorder, right? Anyone awake can clearly see that this monster is no altruistic humanitarian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 30, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote]Why are so many blacks anti - vaxxers a seriously? Kylie Erving too.

See r66!

by Anonymousreply 104October 31, 2021 2:11 AM

r70 His name is Kyrie Irving.

by Anonymousreply 105October 31, 2021 7:04 AM

R52 , R102 I wasn't yelling at you. I know you posted it to show what a crazy idiot he is. I was trying to say, "hey R52, Ice Cube may post all that nonsense, but look what Bill Gates has actually done"

by Anonymousreply 106October 31, 2021 8:06 AM

I must pay him a visit soon.

by Anonymousreply 107October 31, 2021 9:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!