Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Nina of Greece and Denmark Wore Chanel to Marry Prince Philippos in Athens

Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark and his wife, Nina Flohr—now Princess Nina of Greece and Denmark—married in a religious ceremony at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens on Saturday.

Good-looking couple. Gorgeous church.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 29, 2021 4:43 PM

No Grecian neckline, bitch?!

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2021 9:00 PM

The bride wore a Chanel gown with her mother-in-law’s antique Corsage Tiara, featuring diamonds and pearls. The tiara was a gift to Queen Anne-Marie on her 18th birthday from her mother. Princess Marie-Chantal also wore it when she married Prince Pavlos in 1995.

No pics yet of the groom's brother and sister-in-law, Crown Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece.

Photo of antique Corsage Tiara more recently worn by Princess Tatiana, wife of Prince Nikolaos of Greece, the groom's brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote] Princess Marie-Chantal

Of message board fame.

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2021 9:05 PM

These are the Duke of Edinburgh's close relatives.

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2021 9:05 PM

So he owns Denmark AND Greece? Damn, I want to blow him!

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2021 9:07 PM

Looks like a Burnett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2021 9:11 PM

What a bunch of silly buffoons - Greece booted these fools out on their behinds.

The dress is hideous and clearly covering a pregnant belly.

by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2021 9:13 PM

For the third time? Do they have memory loss from all that inbreeding?

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2021 9:17 PM

Despite what R4 said, he isn’t a particularly close relative of the late Prince Philip. Philippos is the grandson of Philip’s cousin; Philip’s father, Andrew of G&D, was the younger brother of Constantine I, great-grandfather of Philippos.

by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2021 9:39 PM

Philippos is Princess Diana's godson...

Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark and Princess Nina-Nastassja Flohr Wedding of Prince Philippos and Nina Flohr at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens, Greece on October 23, 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2021 9:39 PM

R8. Three marriages because of the pandemic, they had a civil ceremony in late 2020 that only their fathers attended as witnesses to the marriage. Earlier this year they had a private ceremony and reception at a friend's house in the UK as the world started to open up.

The ceremony last Saturday was the full religious wedding ceremony at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens where they could make it public and invite guests.

by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2021 9:45 PM

The British and Greek royal families are quite close as are the Spanish and Danish royal families with the Greeks. Prince Charles is friendly with former King Constantine of Greece. Princess Diana was the godmother of Prince Philippos. Queen Sophia of Spain is King Constantine's sister. Queen Anne-Marie of Greece is the daughter of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2021 9:51 PM

Queen Anne-Marie of Greece is the SISTER of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2021 9:57 PM

and I am Marie of Romania

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2021 10:03 PM

I would imagine she or her father is quite rich. Tino tends to sell his kids in marriage to the highest bidder. Greek royals have always depended on the generosity of in-laws.

Princess "Anastasia" was the Marie-Chantal of her era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2021 10:31 PM

ALL of these people are descendants of Queen Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2021 10:38 PM

Wow, Queen Victoria got around!

by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2021 10:39 PM

Ugly dress. These inbred fucks.

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2021 10:41 PM

Back when the Miller sisters were perpetually in Vogue there were sometimes irate letters to the editor about Marie Chantal and how she not, in fact, “of Greece,” as the Greeks abolished the Royal family years ago.

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2021 10:50 PM

Chic as fucccckkk

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2021 10:54 PM

Bring back the Greek royal family. Crown Prince Pavlos and his brother Prince Nikolaos are handsome.

Crown Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 27, 2021 11:21 PM

Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana of Greece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 27, 2021 11:22 PM

Oh, dear. Is that tug boat their yacht?

by Anonymousreply 23October 27, 2021 11:52 PM

Beatrice and Edoardo and Eugenie and Jack were there.

by Anonymousreply 24October 28, 2021 12:01 AM

Philippos pings to me, but I wish he and his bride a happy marriage.

by Anonymousreply 25October 28, 2021 12:02 AM

Philippos, like his oldest brother Pavlos, married an heiress to a billionaire. The Former Greek Royal family is pretty much penniless so they appreciate these injections of large amounts of cash in exchange for the said heiresses picking up the title of “Princess”.

by Anonymousreply 26October 28, 2021 12:10 AM

I love you R14! That was perfect timing.

by Anonymousreply 27October 28, 2021 12:10 AM

Not to start a whole thing here, but is she Princess Nina of G & D (i.e., made a princess by the King), or is she Princess Philippos? I'm sure this has been done to death regarding other non-royals who marry into royal families.

by Anonymousreply 28October 28, 2021 12:13 AM

Neither, R28, she's actually "Pretend Princess Philippos of Nowhere".

by Anonymousreply 29October 28, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote] These are the Duke of Edinburgh's close relatives.

Close? Hmmmmm. Danish-born George I of Greece (the DofE's paternal grandfather) had eight kids, two of whom were Constantine I and Andrew. Andrew is the DofE's father. Constantine I is the father of Paul, the DofE's first cousin. Paul is the father of the former King Constantine II of Greece and Queen Sophia of Spain, making Constantine II and Sophia first cousins once removed to the DofE. Constantine II's kids, Alexia, Theodora, and the hunky Pavlos, Nicolaos and Phillipos (named in honor of the DofE and the late Diana's godson) are second cousins to the DofE. King Felipe of Spain (Queen Sophia's son) is also a second cousin of the DofE.

While most of the former Greek Royal family were born in Greece, there isn't a drop of Greek blood any of them. Danish George I was married to Olga Constantinova of Russia. Paul was married to Frederika of Hanover. Constantine I married Sophia of Prussia. Constantine II married Anne-Marie of Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 30October 28, 2021 4:21 AM

FWIW they are also related by marriage to Queen Elizabeth. Princess Marina of Greece married HM’s uncle The Prince George Duke of Kent. Their three children are HM’s first cousins including Princess Alexandra, one of HM’s closest friends, and Prince Edward Duke of Kent who continues to support HM at the age of 86. His view is that he won’t retire before his 95 year old cousin does.

by Anonymousreply 31October 28, 2021 4:45 AM

Marina's father, Nicholas, was another kid of George I of Greece, making Marina first cousin to the DofE, in addition to HM's aunt by marriage.

by Anonymousreply 32October 28, 2021 4:54 AM

What do the European royals do? Ribbon cutting like the BRF or fi they actually do something? Are they also followed by paps and tabloids too?

by Anonymousreply 33October 28, 2021 5:32 AM

The reigning monarchs are all the heads of state of constitutional monarchies, as is HM Queen Elizabeth.

They fulfil the same purpose as the heads of state of other countries, however constitutional monarchies usually have a head of government, usually entitled as Prime Minister.

by Anonymousreply 34October 28, 2021 6:02 AM

QEII is related to the Greeks by blood as well. She is just more distantly related to them than Phillip was which was my point when I said they are his close relatives. Phillip and the Greek royals are all the descendants of Princess Alice, Queen Victoria's third child.

Fun fact: When the remains of Tsar Nicholas II's family were exhumed in 1991, Phillip contributed a blood sample to help identify the Romanovs through DNA analysis. The Ronanovs were also descendants of Princess Alice.

by Anonymousreply 35October 28, 2021 6:11 AM

Prince Philip's mother Alice wearing a Faberge tiara and necklace made from diamonds and aquamarines. It was a wedding gift from Nicholas and Alexandra. Alice was Alexandra's niece and the groom Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark was nephew to Nicholas. Neither pieces are still in the possession of the Greek royal family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 28, 2021 6:29 AM

[quote]Phillip and the Greek royals are all the descendants of Princess Alice, Queen Victoria's third child.

Uh, no. Prince Philip is descended from Queen Victoria's daughter, Princess Alice of the UK, whose daughter was Princess Victoria of Hesse und bei Rhine, whose daughter was Princess Alice of Battenburg, Phil's mum. The rest of the Greek royals are descended from Russians, Prussians, Germans, and Danes, not a Brit in the lot.

by Anonymousreply 37October 28, 2021 6:37 AM

[quote]The Ronanovs were also descendants of Princess Alice.

Uh, no. Nicky was a descendant of Princess Alice, his grandmother. Her daughter was Alix was Nicky's mum. The rest of the Romanovs were not descendants of Alice. Several of the children and grandchildren of Queen Victoria married into the Romanov clan, such as Alix's sister Elizabeth (married Nicky's Uncle Sergei) and Victoria Melita, one of Queen Victoria's granddaughters, who married Nicky's Cousin Kirill.

by Anonymousreply 38October 28, 2021 6:50 AM

[quote]Beatrice and Edoardo and Eugenie and Jack were there.

Yes, just what deposed royalty need at their weddings: third rate obese royals and offspring of a celebrated sex pest.

by Anonymousreply 39October 28, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote]The Former Greek Royal family is pretty much penniless so they appreciate these injections of large amounts of cash in exchange for the said heiresses picking up the title of “Princess."

The Greek Royal Family actually is doing quite well. Yes, Prince Pavlos married Marie-Chantal Miller, but he has been very successful in investment banking as is Prince Philippos even though he's much younger and his career is young. The second eldest brother, Prince Nikolaos and his wife, Prince Tatiana, do well and make their home in Greece. Tatiana is actively involved in The Hellenic Institute and its charity outreach. Tatiana's mother is of aristocratic descent being a direct descendant of William II, Elector of Hesse. Her maternal grandparents are Ernst Bierlein (1920-2009) and Countess Ellinka Karin Harriet von Einsiedel (1922-2015). Tatiana's background is Swiss, Slovenian and Venezuelan.

by Anonymousreply 40October 28, 2021 7:35 AM

Prince Nikolaos's godfather is Prince Charles of Wales and King Constantine II is godfather to Prince William, Duke of Cambridge.

by Anonymousreply 41October 28, 2021 7:36 AM

Prince Nikolaos and Prince Tatiana of Greece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 28, 2021 7:38 AM

Nicky and Tati casual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 28, 2021 7:41 AM

Philippos and Nina casual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 28, 2021 7:42 AM

R39, that's basically the House of Hannover since they came to the UK. Fat, oversexed, and slightly ridiculous.

It's in the genes.

by Anonymousreply 45October 28, 2021 8:35 AM

[quote]Nicky was a descendant of Princess Alice, his grandmother. Her daughter was Alix was Nicky's mum.

R38 Erratum: Nicky is NOT descended from Princess Alice. Alice was his mother-in-law. Her daughter Alix was Nicky's wife.

by Anonymousreply 46October 28, 2021 8:48 AM

That dress is awful, the sleeve proportions are off. Is Chanel struggling post-Karl?

by Anonymousreply 47October 28, 2021 8:49 AM

Great pic of Crown Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 28, 2021 9:06 AM

I happen to like the dress. At least it’s not a Vera Wang slip.

by Anonymousreply 49October 28, 2021 9:10 AM

I'd plow him right now which is a bit of a worry because he looks very much like my moronic het brother.

by Anonymousreply 50October 28, 2021 1:15 PM

Prince Constantine-Alexios, Marie Chantal’s and Pavlos’ eldest son…cute if a bit rough looking. With his kid brother…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2021 12:39 PM

Pavlos with his brother Constantine and cousin, then Prince, now King Felipe of Spain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 29, 2021 12:42 PM

This wedding seemed like quite the BFD, all the fancy aristocrats turned out for this one. For some reason the Greek “royals” seem to have a lot of status within those circles.

by Anonymousreply 53October 29, 2021 12:45 PM

The Republic of Greece should sue these buffoons to force them to stop calling themselves Greek "royals".

What has the Miller sister with billions done for Greece lately? I haven't heard too much of her investing her money into helping Greece provide for its citizens (lol her "subjects") in these very difficult times of fires and loss of tourism.

And the bulimic daughter looks just disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 54October 29, 2021 3:19 PM

Olympia is tragic looking. So thin. But their titles are not real, but merely courtesy titles, so the Greek government cannot take them away.

Or can they?

by Anonymousreply 55October 29, 2021 4:00 PM

Marie-Chantal is nice-looking. Prettiest of the sisters.

by Anonymousreply 56October 29, 2021 4:04 PM

Yep, the other Miller sisters were dogs and quickly dumped by their billionaire husbands.

by Anonymousreply 57October 29, 2021 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!