Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYPD Blue (1993-2005)

I used to love this series! Why don’t any streaming platforms have this show to stream? It was such a massive hit back then and seems mostly forgotten in 2021. It’s a shame because it was a great show!

I always assumed that part of why it is mostly forgotten is because it was not one of those shows always being played in reruns, and a big part of that is because this show tried pushing boundaries on Network TV with sex and nudity. It’s not as “safe” a crime show as many others from its time.

I wish it would be added to a platform. I was 6 when it started and not allowed to watch it, but I always found my way to. And when I was a young teen watched the show on my own, and was allowed to watch. My biggest draw then was the addition of Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Andy’s final partner for its last few seasons.

Did you like it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2024 9:36 AM

This scene always stuck with me because my stepfathers brother went to HS with Sharon Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2021 10:32 PM

This scene. Sorry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote]Why don’t any streaming platforms have this show to stream?

Ipso this, you pissy little bitch: hulu has all 12 seasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2021 10:54 PM

R3 omg really?! Thanks

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2021 10:55 PM

I can't think of a tv child actor who was as excellent as Austin Majors who played Theo Sipowicz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2021 12:32 PM

Who could not love a show that gives us Mark-Paul's ass? I would love to have had him do this to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2021 12:40 PM

Or this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2021 12:41 PM

It was very good. I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2021 1:48 PM

Loved it when it first aired. Have no idea if it holds up today. It was a BIG deal when Caruso left. He was such a big part of the original success of the show in its first season, despite the fact that Sipowitz became the most compelling character. I hung with it even during the Rick Shroeder and Goselaar days, but it got to be a bit ridiculous how many horrible things happened to Sipowitz.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2021 2:06 PM

I watched it again early in the lockdown. Not sure where I got it, maybe Tubi combined with illegally posted episodes on YouTube. I don't really remember.

Anyway it was and remains a favorite. New York as I remembered it. And well acted. I like those NY shows. Watching the most recent Blue Bloods right now, seems to have fallen off from previous episodes. Trying too hard to be socially sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2021 2:22 PM

Me too. I miss it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 12:45 AM

[quote]Ipso this, you pissy little bitch

One of my favorite lines--EVER.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2022 2:58 AM

[quote]but it got to be a bit ridiculous how many horrible things happened to Sipowitz.

Yeah, that got annoying. I remember almost crying in the scene where he goes to see Andy Jr. body's.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 3:10 AM

Hour shows rarely get rerun, even on streaming services. Caruso's departure didn't hurt the show. John Turturro's cute younger brother was a fave of mine. I lost track of the show in its later seasons.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 3:21 AM

This show was all about the male asses. I remember the gossip columns breathlessly wondering how long we would have to wait until we saw Andy’s latest partner’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2024 9:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!