Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ashleigh Banfield fires back at Katie Couric

[...]

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2021 4:30 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2021 4:46 AM

Oh boo hoo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2021 4:50 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2021 6:10 PM

Dana Perrino on The Five (sorry Fox News I know but I watched it since I'm home after having a wisdom tooth removed, anyway it was good gossip. And she's usually pretty nice) said she worked with Couric's old makeup person and he said she was the nastiest person he ever met.

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2021 3:28 AM

Look who is still doing TV news. HA HA

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2021 12:38 PM

That kind of thing happens all the time. It's human nature. Women screw over other women. Gays screw over other gays. People of color screw over other people of color. And sometimes you can clock an up and comer who may be a threat and you deal with them accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2021 12:45 PM

I have never found Katie Couric appealing in any way. Take your gums and chiclet teeth and just go away.

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2021 1:00 PM

She did not say she sabotaged her. Katie said it would be self sabotage to mentor Ashleigh because she seemed so ambitious and talented.

Ashleigh fucked up her own career because she publicly criticized the media’s cheerleading for the war at the height of it. She was right but it posed the higher ups off.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2021 1:02 PM

I knew Couric’s sister who was a lovely woman and had class and tact. RIP. Katie has always had a sweet facade but behind closed doors it’s a whole other story. No wonder she buddied up to Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2021 1:03 PM

Yeah, I've heard Ashleigh is hardly a "sweetheart" either. I do remember loving her when she first came on the scene, though.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2021 1:07 PM

Katie messed with the wrong famewhore. Ashley Banfield (what a stupid name) will do anything for attention and will therefore ride this Katie Couric story for all it's worth. Ashley's only getting warmed up at this point--she may even write a book in response or at least start a podcast about this topic. Anything for attention. ANYTHING.

They're both terrible, of course.

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2021 1:23 PM

When a woman claims to be all about “empowering women”, you can be sure she is a backstabbing, sabotaging cunt.

Just as people who claim to hate drama somehow always find themselves in the middle of it. Or the couple who posts gooey sappy shit on FB is about to be divorced.

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2021 2:42 PM

Ashley has add and a unique delivery style that works well for developing news and live, changing coverage. She is good on her feet.

But not so great with a teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2021 5:40 PM

She is also really good at breaking things down and explaining things to people who are busy with jobs and might not know every detail about a story or news item.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2021 5:42 PM

Ashley just announced her newest endeavor, to be financed by GoFundMe. It's called "Katie Couric Is a Kunt" and will consist of an international speaking tour. Tickets are just $75 with VIP seating, Meet-n-Greets, etc., available (for an added fee).

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2021 6:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!