Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mayim Bialik shares why Neil Patrick Harris stopped speaking to her years ago

They were close friends back in the 90s.

Mayim Bialik and Neil Patrick Harris stopped talking for "a long time" after an incident occurred when she went to see him in a production of Rent.

At the time, dating back to the late 1990s, Neil was starring in the role of Mark and Mayim went to see the production. They were friends at the time, and she refused to give him a standing ovation.

"When everyone is clapping at the end and you say to your boyfriend next to you, 'I don't want to stand for this,' and then you look up and Neil Patrick Harris is looking right at you... it's a bad day,"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384October 4, 2021 7:27 PM

haha I want to hear his side of the story. That would be absolutely pathetic if he stopped speaking to her because she didn't give him a standing ovation

as an audience member, it's everyone's right to boo, applaud, give a standing ovation or nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2021 12:50 AM

Team NPH!!

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2021 12:50 AM

It was cunty of her not to give him a standing ovation if everyone around her was, but it is even more cunty to hold it against someone if they did not give you a standing ovation.

This confirms what I've long suspected: that NPH is one of the thirstiest human beings alive.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2021 12:53 AM

I know the feeling of wanting so badly to deny attention-thirsty friends. But it needs to be more subtle than this, ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2021 12:56 AM

I’ve said on threads how I’ve heard NPH is a lowkey diva and piece of work at times but a lot of you don’t believe it. I think this shows what he’s about

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2021 12:59 AM

She was probably pissed off that he wouldn’t get her an audition for Maureen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2021 1:00 AM

Two very minor talents.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2021 1:00 AM

I wouldn’t stand for it either. It’s awful!

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2021 1:01 AM

Who could blame her? Rent was bad enough, without seeing it with a second-string team. I'd stand up just to leave to avoid the crowded aisles.

Rent is one reason for what's wrong with Broadway musicals now IMO. Nasal screeching that replaced actual singing, inviting every non-talent to move to NYC to try hitting the boards. Unfortunately. the road ahead for the Great White Way means spending $200 for the privilege of seeing a night of American Idol/The Voice.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2021 1:02 AM

This is hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2021 1:04 AM

Mayim Bialik is that rare, likable cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2021 1:05 AM

It is bad form for people in showbusiness to not join a standing O. It is the equivalent of peeing in someone's Wheaties.in public. This is not passive aggressive, it is aggressive. She deserved what she got.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2021 1:07 AM

I saw NPH in tick tick boom in London.

It was a small theater with out assigned seating.

It was a theater with a stage thrust out and then seats on three sides. The center facing the actors was so crowded I sat on the side. (I was traveling alone.) I thought it would fill up but I ended up being the only person in the whole section. Everyone else sat in the center.

The actors were clearly choreographed to bow to each section (even though one had nobody there.) The first two actors (3 person cast) bowed center then left then right (to no one.)

NPH bowed to the center and then bowed to me and said "Thanks man!" and skipped the empty section. (I stood by the way.)

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2021 1:09 AM

Oh, the SHADE of it all!

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2021 1:11 AM

[quote]It was cunty of her not to give him a standing ovation if everyone around her was,

I guess that makes you one of the sheeple. Which also means that when you do stand at the end of a show, the gesture is absolutely meaningless, because by your reasoning, you would stand and applaud even if you hated a show or were completely underwhelmed by it. Just because, you know, "Everyone around me was doing it!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2021 1:12 AM

Did he comp her ticket? That will be the deciding factor for me.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2021 1:14 AM

Realizing that your friend is going to notice if you aren’t standing along with the rest of the audience to clap for him, even if he did a shit job in a shit play, is being pragmatic and kind, not being a sheeple.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2021 1:15 AM

I'm with her, it's a very American thing to give a standing ovation at the drop of a hat. If I stand it's because the performance was worthy of it, not because everyone else is doing it.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote]It is bad form for people in showbusiness to not join a standing O. It is the equivalent of peeing in someone's Wheaties.in public. This is not passive aggressive, it is aggressive.

R12, what I wrote above (at R15) goes for you as well, only double. I don't know if your stupidity should be classified as passive aggressive or aggressive, but either way, it's immense.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2021 1:16 AM

With a face that was made for radio, I can never get over the arrogance of this tiresome bitch.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2021 1:17 AM

It sounds like she thought he was merely serviceable in the role.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2021 1:18 AM

Really? SO are a point of principle with you that you would risk a friendship over? How very… Republican of you.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2021 1:18 AM

[quote] I guess that makes you one of the sheeple.

And I guess using the term "sheeple" makes you one as well.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2021 1:19 AM

She seems like a real bitch. Can’t understand why she’s wanted for Jeopardy when she’s so unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2021 1:19 AM

I know this thread is about to turn into a cunt-off, I'll just say I wish they could discuss this incident in front of cameras lol

by Anonymousreply 25September 30, 2021 1:19 AM

Because Blossom was some work of high art?

If he's your friend you stand up out of respect for him. You would have known the hours of rehearsal and dedication it took to do something like that, and you stand up and applaud him for THAT. The outcome of the performance does not matter if you are not a raging asshole. And she clearly is.

Honestly, I would have farted in the bitch's face.

by Anonymousreply 26September 30, 2021 1:21 AM

r25: "about to"???

by Anonymousreply 27September 30, 2021 1:22 AM

I heard he wasn’t very good in the role to be fair.

by Anonymousreply 28September 30, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote]And I guess using the term "sheeple" makes you one as well.

Only by your own personal "logic."

To suggest that someone should join a standing ovation just because everyone else is doing it -- which is what you wrote -- is the essence of sheepledom.

by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2021 1:23 AM

Meanwhile, Neil went on to win Tonys, Emmys and even host the oscars and become a member of the A list.

Who wins?

by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2021 1:25 AM

They are two member of the rare club of child actors who turned out just fine and even have decent careers as adults.

by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2021 1:26 AM

She wouldn't stand up to show appreciation after sitting through a Pulitzer prize winning play that was starring a good friend? Mayim comes across as a self-center bitch.

by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2021 1:27 AM

If it were my friend, and I sat through that treacle Rent, and a mediocre performance, and all the audience was cheering in a standing ovation, I would stand and cheer, because that means the popular entertainment was well enjoyed by the tacky masses, and to be polite to my friend. HOWEVER, Bialik is a well known iconoclastic condescending cuntress and surely if NPH was friends with her, he didn't mind that was her personality. What did he expect?

ANd PS - Mayim has made "Rockefeller money" on BBT so she has lost nothing in the celebrity competition.

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2021 1:28 AM

`[quote] You would have known the hours of rehearsal and dedication it took to do something like that, and you stand up and applaud him for THAT.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 34September 30, 2021 1:28 AM

If may have had nothing to do with Neils performance and everything to do with the fact that Rent is an overhyped mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2021 1:29 AM

Mayim, talk to me when you have to attend your friend’s amateur stand-up comedy group show and think of a thoughtful comment to make to him afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2021 1:29 AM

R34 has clearly never been part of a production. Even the most modest school efforts are demanding of time and physical energy.

by Anonymousreply 37September 30, 2021 1:31 AM

As someone who has been to over 300 Broadway and Off-Broadway musicals and plays over the years and I can say that Rent deserves it's accolades.

by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote]Meanwhile, Neil went on to win Tonys, Emmys

Yes, yes.

[quote]and even host the oscars

Yes, where he bombed.

[quote]and become a member of the A list.

Oh, [italic[]hon.[/italic] That's just sad.

If he were actually an A-lister, he would be getting leading roles in good movies, or at least in good streaming TV shows not meant for children.

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote] [R34] has clearly never been part of a production. Even the most modest school efforts are demanding of time and physical energy.

So then by that logic you're saying the most modest school efforts are worthy of standing ovations.

Right.

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2021 1:33 AM

If my friend was in the show I would stand because they're my friend. Who does Mayim think she is? Chita Rivera? She's a mildly talented TV actress.

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2021 1:36 AM

I just realized NPH would be the perfect Jeopardy host.

by Anonymousreply 42September 30, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote]As someone who has been to over 300 Broadway and Off-Broadway musicals and plays over the years

God bless you r38. If I sat through that many musicals I'd kill myself!

by Anonymousreply 43September 30, 2021 1:38 AM

[quote] If my friend was in the show

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2021 1:39 AM

Frankly, I don’t see what the two had to talk about in the first place. While Mayim studied for her Ph.d, Neil Patrick bitched about how everyone called him Doogie?

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2021 1:39 AM

[quote] Frankly, I don’t see what the two had to talk about in the first place.

They were both child stars from network television in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 46September 30, 2021 1:41 AM

This sounds like a Curb Your Enthusiasm plot!

by Anonymousreply 47September 30, 2021 1:44 AM

Someone I used to work with had a biology lab class with Mayim at UCLA and said she was low-key and nice. The fact that she dislikes Rent is just icing on the cake to me

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2021 1:46 AM

I’m saying it costs very little to be nice, grateful and acknowledge others efforts especially since you have to stand to walk out anyway. You are giving SOs an importance over your relationships with other people. Hardly, a moral high ground.

SOs have always been a way for self involved audience members to feign importance as part of the experience. “I know you want my opinion.” So I’m going to give it to you in the most shallow way possible that requires the least amount of effort.

It’s the bumper sticker of theater appreciation.

by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2021 1:47 AM

NPH is an a-hole but what she did was rude as hell.

What she was really saying was, "I don't even like you enough to bother to pretend that I enjoyed that performance."

I would have ended the friendship too.

[quote]This sounds like a Curb Your Enthusiasm plot!

It takes me back to this moment exactly, R47.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 30, 2021 1:49 AM

What would Adele Dazeem say about all this?

by Anonymousreply 51September 30, 2021 1:50 AM

Two child actors who were never cute

by Anonymousreply 52September 30, 2021 1:51 AM

When one has friends, white lies are sometimes necessary.

by Anonymousreply 53September 30, 2021 1:51 AM

She's an actual neuroscientist.

by Anonymousreply 54September 30, 2021 1:52 AM

Susie's outfit in the clip at r50 is wonderfully hideous.

by Anonymousreply 55September 30, 2021 1:52 AM

It is not the not standing. It is the "I don't want to stand for this" that upset Neil. It is pretty upsetting when your friend ask you to see a show and then you throw shade at him.

by Anonymousreply 56September 30, 2021 1:54 AM

NPH was WRONGED and he WILL NOT STAND FOR IT! It’s a Karen move to punish her for that.

by Anonymousreply 57September 30, 2021 1:59 AM

Who keeps friends like that around?

by Anonymousreply 58September 30, 2021 2:02 AM

The next time she sees him she sound say, “Hi, I’m Mayim…and you are?”

by Anonymousreply 59September 30, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote](I stood by the way.)

As one does for his mealticket. (Hi David.)

by Anonymousreply 60September 30, 2021 2:04 AM

He so hurt he buried ithe anguish in same sex love. I sure hope he's committed to it , what with the children now and all. God, please don't make him a flighty Anne Heche timebomb.

by Anonymousreply 61September 30, 2021 2:05 AM

So who has more money? That will help decide my vote.

by Anonymousreply 62September 30, 2021 2:05 AM

Mayim made more per episode for a longer period of time for BBT than NPH did for HIMYM.

She has more money. She’s also very intelligent.

She’s also very generous. I remember hearing years ago, while she was still in school, that she was constantly donating tons of money to causes, and she wasn’t even working at the time. I then saw an interview with her and she said she was fortunate to be so overpaid for Blossom that she was able to still donate money years after it ended and she was still fine.

by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2021 2:05 AM

I can't imagine not standing for a friend, not to mention if others around are standing.

by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2021 2:06 AM

She could have told that story without disclosing the name of the person. As a friend she kinda sucks.

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2021 2:10 AM

"I'm with her, it's a very American thing to give a standing ovation at the drop of a hat. If I stand it's because the performance was worthy of it, not because everyone else is doing it."

R18 What about all the standing ovations you hear about going on for extended lengths in Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 66September 30, 2021 2:12 AM

I applaud her for refusing to give in to the enforced standing o.

I also hope she learned a valuable lesson about sitting in the front row.

NEVER do it.

by Anonymousreply 67September 30, 2021 2:13 AM

R66 Film Festival standing ovations are not to be trusted.

Audiences tend to want to "show off" for fancy gala events at a film festival. And, if it's any kind of premiere, the place is packed with supporters of the film and some of them paid to be there.

by Anonymousreply 68September 30, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote] I also hope she learned a valuable lesson about sitting in the front row.

Why was she sitting in the front row? At Rent, that was reserved for the $20 lottery winners.

by Anonymousreply 69September 30, 2021 2:17 AM

R65 well I’m getting the vibe they are cordial but not “friends” now so who cares

by Anonymousreply 70September 30, 2021 2:17 AM

Silence the anti-vaxxing bitch.

by Anonymousreply 71September 30, 2021 2:24 AM

The thing is there are so many standing ovations that I've come to realize the genuine ones. You can p. ick out the authentic ones that people are standing for because they not only loved the performance/show but they were moved

I remember Pete Postlethwaite gave a performance on stage here in Toronto and the standing ovation he received was so genuine, so heartfelt, so sustained that even he was moved by it. That was a performance that genuinely earned a standing ovation.

I can't imagine standing for Rent.

Hell, I can't imagine sitting in a seat to even watch it.

by Anonymousreply 72September 30, 2021 2:26 AM

I think the “beef” was in Mayim’s head. Some people just drift apart and I’m sure they were show biz friends more than personal friends to begin with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 30, 2021 2:28 AM

So she has an "aversion to musical theater" because she didn't stand for his ego, I mean, performance?

He sounds like a diva.

by Anonymousreply 74September 30, 2021 2:31 AM

Reminds me of this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 30, 2021 2:37 AM

This thread is quintessential DL.

by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2021 2:45 AM

He’s a piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2021 2:48 AM

Has Ms. Bialik ever performed in the Legitimate Theater?

Honestly, the fact that she didn’t stand is made worse by the fact that it’s not some random, unknown friend not standing but rather a recognizable celebrity whom everyone in the nearby seats had already noticed. She wanted to steal his thunder and have all those people looking at her, not standing, instead.

I can’t understand the love for her here because she is the textbook definition of a frau.

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2021 2:49 AM

R9- WICKED is a perfect example of this.

by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2021 2:50 AM

I like Bialik because she feels authentic, whatever she is. If NPH was her good friend, he would probably know that she would be the type to not stand because she's a cunt like that. Still, if it were my friend and they were in any performance I was invited to, I would act like it was second coming of Christ. I faked it for way less.

Side note, everyone probably knows this, but I had a friend who was a bartender at The Magic Castle. I guess NPH is obsessed with magic and is always there. Sometimes he's cool and sometimes he is not.

Meh - both of these people are not very interesting or attractive. MB is a nerd and NPH is a ham, but also a nerd.

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote] I would act like it was second coming of Christ. I faked it for way less.

= Melania T.

by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2021 2:56 AM

Back in the 90s standing ovations and whooping weren’t as common as they are now. In fact, they were rare.

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2021 2:58 AM

I think shes far under appreciated as an actress. Id love to see her in a meaty role. Ive started watching jeopardy again because of her. And yes,I loved Blossom ,Im not ashamed to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2021 3:00 AM

She’s an anti-vaxxer yet she shills some snake oil brain “supplement” on TV. Sounds like an awful person to me.

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2021 3:01 AM

Blossom is on Hulu now I think

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2021 3:03 AM

Mayim is fabulous on Jeopardy. NPH is probably still upset that his Oscar hosting was so horrible.

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2021 3:03 AM

R83, she’ll never take a meaty role because she is a religious nut who doesn’t think bare arms are appropriate on women.

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2021 3:06 AM

Ladies, ladies; they're both thirsty cunts.

by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2021 3:11 AM

R74, She told James Corden that she hates musicals.

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2021 3:12 AM

Musicals today end with that song everyone knows and loves (usually an "oldie but goodie", not even needed in the actual show, but just thrown in) to make sure the crowd is on their feet, dancing, singing, laughing and CLAPPING at curtain call, along with 90% gay cast. Of course then they go back to their home states and loathe NYC and the gays with every ounce of legislative and religious fervor possible.

by Anonymousreply 90September 30, 2021 3:12 AM

I can’t believe I’m the first to say it: This never happened!

by Anonymousreply 91September 30, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote]She’s an anti-vaxxer yet she shills some snake oil brain “supplement” on TV. Sounds like an awful person to me.

She isn't that much of an anti-vaxxer. She and her kids all got vaccinated for COVID and the flu. She said they've had nearly all of their shots except for a couple she didn't like.

She wouldn't share which ones she didn't let them get.

by Anonymousreply 92September 30, 2021 3:23 AM

R80- His worst crime is that he's so BANAL.

by Anonymousreply 93September 30, 2021 3:27 AM

R13 this makes me like him more--that's funny she is also practical. I can't stand sheep!!!

by Anonymousreply 94September 30, 2021 3:31 AM

You reveal yourself as a laughable right-wing dipshit for using the hackneyed and ridiculous term "sheeple."

How could anyone take seriously [italic]any[/italic] criticism that you have to offer after you keep using that word repeatedly? I am embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 95September 30, 2021 3:38 AM

r95, how does "sheeple" indicate one wing or another?

by Anonymousreply 96September 30, 2021 3:39 AM

Mayim remembers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 30, 2021 3:42 AM

what is the big deal? Just stand up and clap a few times. you are there to support your "friend"...

by Anonymousreply 98September 30, 2021 3:45 AM

I remember Barbra Streisand went to see the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night.....and left at intermission and it made the papers. So did her attending Follies (the Bernadette Peters) one where she annoyed audience members by constantly turning on a flashlight to read the title of each song.

by Anonymousreply 99September 30, 2021 3:48 AM

That cunt Madonna texted throughout Hamilton.

She is a cunt!! Text THAT, Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 100September 30, 2021 3:55 AM

This fugly bitch is the one who tried to slut shame the women that Weinstein raped by writing an op-ed that no one asked for. She meekly apologized later.

by Anonymousreply 101September 30, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote] She isn't that much of an anti-vaxxer. She and her kids all got vaccinated for COVID and the flu. She said they've had nearly all of their shots except for a couple she didn't like. She wouldn't share which ones she didn't let them get.

Lies that only a very gullible person would believe. I'll put money on the fact that they are completely un-vaxxed.

I can see why her husband left her. I wonder how much she has to pay him on a monthly basis.

by Anonymousreply 102September 30, 2021 4:00 AM

She's a stupid anti-vaxxer cunt. Team Neil

by Anonymousreply 103September 30, 2021 4:02 AM

99% of those "rape victims" CHOSE to let Weinstein fuck them R101 .That aint slut shaming honey,thats just facts.

by Anonymousreply 104September 30, 2021 4:04 AM

She actually thinks this makes her look good? She's an ugly anti-vax nut.

by Anonymousreply 105September 30, 2021 4:07 AM

I hope Mayim and Neil can find their way back to each other, make amends and put this horrible misunderstanding behind them.

by Anonymousreply 106September 30, 2021 4:07 AM

She's lucky that she's so hideous. Less likely that she's getting raped, that's just a fact, honey!

by Anonymousreply 107September 30, 2021 4:09 AM

so fucking petty.

by Anonymousreply 108September 30, 2021 4:10 AM

I love that you're automatically buying this story. Given her personality, she might have done something else to piss him off and no longer dealt with her again. Furthermore, she really couldn't get her fat ass up and show some support - not that I'm saying that I automatically buy her story. She's going to be a liability for her new gig. She's a nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 109September 30, 2021 4:14 AM

Neil Patrick Harris sucks donkey dick.

by Anonymousreply 110September 30, 2021 4:25 AM

You sort of have to participate in standing ovations unless your are in the front row. Otherwise you end up staring at the backs of the people behind you.

It is sort of shocking when a show doesn't get a standing ovation nowadays. I saw that revival of Skylight with Carey Mulligan and nobody stood. It was odd. I mean it was a good production but everybody sat. I can't remember anything else (at least on Broadway) in recent years that didn't get a standing O.

by Anonymousreply 111September 30, 2021 4:52 AM

I can see her doing the asperger bit with honest, minimal clapping.

As someone who performed a one man show of "Madam Butterfly" which none of my 14 best friends attended, I know the eternal pain of not receiving adoration from my audience.

I visited each friend afterwards, tripped on the fucking Japanese wood flip-flops, got pancake makeup smeared all over the interior of my Mazda....

by Anonymousreply 112September 30, 2021 5:21 AM

[quote] Neil Patrick Harris sucks donkey dick.

Why thank you!

by Anonymousreply 113September 30, 2021 5:43 AM

I almost worked with her a few months ago, and at the very last second cast/script changes 86'd me off the project.

I was going to get behind the scenes photos to taunt my tormentors on social media, but perhaps she would have been a pain in the ass. I like her Youtube/Podcast show a lot, she's delightful.

by Anonymousreply 114September 30, 2021 5:50 AM

I’ve never liked NPH. Mayim for the win.

by Anonymousreply 115September 30, 2021 5:52 AM

I hated Rent. So I’m team sitting.

by Anonymousreply 116September 30, 2021 6:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 30, 2021 6:17 AM

She's definitely NOT a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 118September 30, 2021 6:52 AM

I see a lot of shows. The obligatory standing ovation has been going on for far too long. I've been around long enough to know that a standing ovation was something very special and rare. Now it's every show almost without exception.

And RENT certainly does not deserve a standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 119September 30, 2021 7:01 AM

Maybe Neil Patrick Harris testified before HUAC and that's why she didn't participate in the standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 120September 30, 2021 7:06 AM

Mayim Bialik must need money or something, she's doing adverts on MeTv for some suspect product.

Then again so is Ice T, Jimmy Walker and few others.

by Anonymousreply 121September 30, 2021 7:15 AM

When everyone around you is giving your friend a standing ovation but you refuse to, you're being rude on purpose, in a very visible way, especially if you're also a public figure and people around you will notice you didn't stand for your friend.

DLers act like they're the arbiters of taste and manners, but many of them frequently don't understand how to behave in public or with friends. All the comments here about not liking NPH or Rent are meaningless, because this isn't about a stranger's opinion of NPH's performance, it's about how a friend treats you in public.

by Anonymousreply 122September 30, 2021 9:39 AM

{quote]I can’t understand the love for her here because she is the textbook definition of a frau.

r78 I agree and I think it's just another example of how "frau" means "any woman I don't like, regardless of the kind of woman it is" on DL. The only thing that isn't frau-ish about her is her advanced degree.

by Anonymousreply 123September 30, 2021 9:44 AM

She probably could tear up a dramatic role because most comedians can.

by Anonymousreply 124September 30, 2021 10:13 AM

I wonder if she'd be offended if he didn't give her a round of applause for her "comedy" stylings in the hilarious "Call Me Kat".

by Anonymousreply 125September 30, 2021 10:55 AM

Because she doesn’t say why she didn’t stand, it is hard for me to really know whose side I am on.

I personally really like Mayim, and as a Jew I love to see an actual observant Jew in the media and not an overly secular Jew. However in this case they are both wrong.

If everyone around you is standing, your friend is preforming, and you are in a seat where he will see you, then yes, you need to stand, unless you found something in the play extremely objectionable.

At the same time, if your friend doesn’t stand you just chalk it up to then being tired and you get over it.

I would say that NPH is probably a bit more A list currently than Mayim, but if Call Me Kat continues to do well, and if she stays on as host of Jeopardy ( I think she is great!) then she will surpass him.

by Anonymousreply 126September 30, 2021 11:29 AM

[quote] if your friend doesn’t stand you just chalk it up to then being tired and you get over it

Why?

That doesn't make any sense. If she didn't stand because she thought the play or performance was objectionable, why is he supposed to assume she was just tired?

by Anonymousreply 127September 30, 2021 11:35 AM

How could anyone not stand up for this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 30, 2021 11:36 AM

[quote]Musicals today end with that song everyone knows and loves (usually an "oldie but goodie", not even needed in the actual show, but just thrown in) to make sure the crowd is on their feet, dancing, singing, laughing and CLAPPING at curtain call

Yeah, we wouldn't want THAT.

by Anonymousreply 129September 30, 2021 11:41 AM

[quote] Lies that only a very gullible person would believe

R102, I’m sorry your hatred of women has blinded you to the fact that she wouldn’t be able to work on two shows if she weren’t vaccinated at this point. So she was very likely telling the truth, quite a long while ago, when she said she was.

by Anonymousreply 130September 30, 2021 12:15 PM

I agree that she's likely vaccinated because she had to be for work, but I'd bet she wasn't happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 131September 30, 2021 12:18 PM

Remember when she said that if you can't have a baby naturally and need a C-section, it's better for the baby to just die?

[quote]“There are those among us who believe that if the baby can’t survive a home labor, it is OK for it to pass peacefully. I do not subscribe to this, but I know that some feel that… if a baby cannot make it through birth, it is not favored evolutionarily.”

by Anonymousreply 132September 30, 2021 12:19 PM

One of these days I'm going to see Mayim Bialik and not start singing, "Don't know about the future, that's anybody's guess, ain't no goo-ood reason for gettin' alllllll depressed..."

by Anonymousreply 133September 30, 2021 12:20 PM

That egotistical fuck NPH doesn’t deserve a standing ovation just because he happens to be known.

by Anonymousreply 134September 30, 2021 12:32 PM

R132 is so obviously a frau cunt.

NOBODY would remember something like that unless they were.

by Anonymousreply 135September 30, 2021 12:34 PM

It’s a curious story to share - she doesn’t exactly get off well. Perhaps 50 - 50.

by Anonymousreply 136September 30, 2021 12:35 PM

He was a friend and she chose to be the one person in the audience to sit and glare at the cast instead of join the standing O?

Is she a psychopath?

by Anonymousreply 137September 30, 2021 12:35 PM

To be fair, if you have a friend, you ought to be there for them and show support regardless of anything else. Refusing to stand was a bit of a dick move. Unless she’s autistic or something? I don’t think I’d end a friendship over it, but I’d certainly see that person in a different light.

by Anonymousreply 138September 30, 2021 12:43 PM

R135, it was just brought up in a Rolling Stone article a month ago and was posted here in the many threads defending that Michael guy who got fired. The "remember" wasn't literal, anyway.

I don't know why stupid assholes like you stay on DL. You can't be happy here, people must be handing you your ass every 5 minutes when you say something really dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 30, 2021 12:52 PM

fug

by Anonymousreply 140September 30, 2021 12:54 PM

I've dropped friends for much less.

by Anonymousreply 141September 30, 2021 12:56 PM

Had this fugly weird bodied freak looked at herself? She wishes she could get anyone to applaud her. She was not only at a live theatre but seeing her alleged friend yet though her fat out of shape ass didn’t have to give the live theatre respect by applauding the actors? Cunty move from someone who stars in a rip off of a brilliant British show and can’t make it work. She’s that bad of an actress and so difficult to look at. Cheyenne Jackson must be on tons of drugs to act like he’s remotely attracted to this frau.

by Anonymousreply 142September 30, 2021 1:04 PM

R99. I was at that performance and sat a few years in front of Streisand. There was an audible buzz when she arrived a few minutes before curtain, wearing dark glasses and escorted by a female employee. The woman in front of me said she was going to try to get a selfie—I told her not to, unless she wanted to be thrown out of the theatre. Streisand did leave at intermission, though the word was she had arrived late the previous night and saw the second act, so it wasn’t a “walk-out” in the usual sense (who knows if that’s true).

The show was fabulous and earned its SO.

by Anonymousreply 143September 30, 2021 1:29 PM

She said he sent her flowers a couple of years ago as a way of apologizing. He probably didn’t even remember it.

Also he heard her say to her boyfriend “I am not standing for THIS”. In a bitchy way, he wasn’t going to assume she was just tired.

by Anonymousreply 144September 30, 2021 1:36 PM

R132, did you miss the part where she says *she* doesn't subscribe to that? Does mentioning an idea that you don't agree with mean that you actually do?

by Anonymousreply 145September 30, 2021 1:46 PM

She is a bitch for making this story public.

by Anonymousreply 146September 30, 2021 1:49 PM

If she has any juicy stories to share regarding Midler cuntiness on the set of “Beaches”, all will be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 147September 30, 2021 2:01 PM

[quote]as an audience member, it's everyone's right to boo, applaud, give a standing ovation or nothing.

When one of your alleged “best friends” is starring in the play, get off your fat ass and give an ovation.

by Anonymousreply 148September 30, 2021 2:12 PM

If you're in a production of Rent, you should just be glad members of the audience didn't stand up to leave.

by Anonymousreply 149September 30, 2021 2:12 PM

I mean, she was touting the home-birth movement she's a part of, and she was being supportive of the idea to the point that she included herself in the group with her "those of us" comment, r145. She wasn't condemning it, she was including it as part of why the movement was one she supported and was part of.

The full Rolling Stone article context:

[quote]But it’s arguably her role as a parenting influencer — peddling medical misinformation and retrograde views to a vulnerable population of new parents — where she’s potentially done the most harm. Comments she made in a 2010 issue of Self, which surfaced recently on social media, underscore the toxicity of her beliefs. Bialik is a home birth advocate, and what she told writer Taffy Brodesser-Akner about c-sections is particularly worrisome: “There are those among us who believe that if the baby can’t survive a home labor, it is OK for it to pass peacefully. I do not subscribe to this, but I know that some feel that… if a baby cannot make it through birth, it is not favored evolutionarily.”

[quote]Many on social media were outraged by these comments, pointing out that they echoed hardcore fundamentalist beliefs about childbirth and motherhood and contained more than a few whiffs of eugenicist theory (indeed, there is substantial overlap between the roots of the “natural” childbirth movement in 19th century Britain and eugenicist theory).

by Anonymousreply 150September 30, 2021 2:16 PM

Neil Patrick Harris is featured nicely in the new Matrix trailer. He has some new shows and films coming up. His career is fine.

by Anonymousreply 151September 30, 2021 2:17 PM

I demand everyone stand for me!!!

by Anonymousreply 152September 30, 2021 2:17 PM

[quote]“There are those among us who believe that if the baby can’t survive a home labor, it is OK for it to pass peacefully. I do not subscribe to this, but I know that some feel that… if a baby cannot make it through birth, it is not favored evolutionarily.”

To me, that reads as though maybe she DOES actually subscribe to this belief but knows it would get her in trouble to say so. But even if it's true that she DOESN'T subscribe to this belief, she is definitely giving it some credence simply by mentioning it and not clearly condemning it with stronger language than "I don't subscribe to this belief."

by Anonymousreply 153September 30, 2021 2:24 PM

And for r145, the original article, including comments Bialyk makes about how medical intervention during birth is morally wrong.

[quote]Bialik and I are very different. She not only avoided strollers for the first year of her sons' life, but she also shares a bed with them and has begun homeschooling. She can recall only two times when she left them with anyone other than her husband.

[quote]"We wanted to do everything we could to reduce the possibility of intervention," she says of planning her first delivery, a home birth. "A culture that encourages you to let someone else tell you when to push instead of feeling it yourself scared me. I wanted to have power over my experience. Not to be a martyr but because my body was made to do this."

[quote]Bialik's first birth didn't go the way she wanted. After three days of labor at home, she stalled at 9 centimeters, one short of the goal. Her midwife suggested they go to the hospital, where after a natural childbirth, Bialik's son spent four days in the neonatal intensive-care unit. "My son was born with a low temperature and low blood sugar, which isn't unusual in light of the fact that I had gestational diabetes," she explains. "I understand doctors need to err on the side of caution, but there was nothing wrong with my child. All of our plans for bed sharing, nursing on demand, bathing him—gone."

[quote]The experience was scarring. "I felt a sense of failure that I had to call my parents from the hospital," Bialik continues. "Yes, I know vaginal birth in the hospital is the next best thing to a home birth." She considers me, knowing my story. "It's not like when people have a C-section."

[quote]...In an email Bialik sends after our meeting, she goes back to my idea that some women weren't meant to have babies the holistic way. "There are those among us who believe that if the baby can't survive a home labor, it is OK for it to pass peacefully," she writes. "I do not subscribe to this, but I know that some feel that…if a baby cannot make it through birth, it is not favored evolutionarily."

[quote]I think about my appendectomy, back in 2003. Had I not made it to the hospital in time, I would be dead. What would it be like to refuse medical intervention? I'd call my family, say my good-byes. "I'm sorry," I'd say. "But I'm not evolutionarily favored. It's time for me to go."

I encourage you to read it, r145. Bialyk absolutely sounds like she believes C-sections are morally wrong but is saying otherwise because of her career. I think she's doing the same with her comments about vaccines; as I already said, I think she had the vaccine for work, but I'd bet she didn't like it, and I'd bet her kids don't have many (if any) vaccines.

My comment that you took exception to was snarky and vague, but this is Datalounge and I'm not going to apologize for being either. Now I've explained my position and I suspect you won't even see these replies, because you didn't actually care one way or the other about the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 30, 2021 2:24 PM

I had a "friend" who came to a show I had written. Not only did he not stand with the others (which I did not take offense to), he refused to even mention the show when several of us went to dinner afterward to celebrate.

Apparently, that was important to him.

by Anonymousreply 155September 30, 2021 2:25 PM

"She is a bitch for making this story public."

ITA. Actors, as this actor knows, are incredibly fragile and insecure and need to be stroked non-stop. Stand the fuck up! Even if he wasn't your friend, you're a celebrity and the entire cast probably knew that you were in the audience and glanced in your direction to get your reaction during the curtain call and while everyone is on their feet, you are not???? And now she's going to call NPH out all these years later for being, according to her, a diva?

Tacky, tacky, tacky.

by Anonymousreply 156September 30, 2021 2:25 PM

She sounds overall horrible with her weird medical beliefs. It's possible Neil just grew tired of that shitty craziness and distanced himself. And she's pulling this up to explain his distance to herself and others.

by Anonymousreply 157September 30, 2021 2:37 PM

Girls, girls, you're BOTH middling cunts!

by Anonymousreply 158September 30, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote] did you miss the part where she says *she* doesn't subscribe to that? Does mentioning an idea that you don't agree with mean that you actually do?

[quote]Bialyk absolutely sounds like she believes C-sections are morally wrong but is saying otherwise because of her career.

R154, Mayim needed intervention with the home birth of her son since she had gestational diabetes. He ended up having to be born in a hospital.

When she said, "There are those among us who believe that if the baby can’t survive a home labor, it is OK for it to pass peacefully. I do not subscribe to this, but I know that some feel that… if a baby cannot make it through birth, it is not favored evolutionarily.”

The fact that she says, "I do not subscribe to this" and the fact that she was willing to go to the hospital when there were issues with her birth, might actually mean that she, as she said, [does] "not subscribe to this." If she did then her son wouldn't be here. The proof is in the pudding.

Also that quote from her, in an email sent after their talk, sounds to me like she's just talking about the topic in general and covering all her bases because there are people who believe that, even if she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 159September 30, 2021 2:57 PM

R159, okay. But when it all comes down to it, why give such a stupid, hateful, idiotic notion as "if a baby cannot make it through birth, it is not favored evolutionarily” enough credence as to even mention that "some people" believe that?

by Anonymousreply 160September 30, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote] Her midwife suggested they go to the hospital, where after a natural childbirth, Bialik's son spent four days in the neonatal intensive-care unit. "My son was born with a low temperature and low blood sugar, which isn't unusual in light of the fact that I had gestational diabetes," she explains. "I understand doctors need to err on the side of caution, but there was nothing wrong with my child. All of our plans for bed sharing, nursing on demand, bathing him—gone."

It’s possible your plans were stupid and unrealistic.

by Anonymousreply 161September 30, 2021 3:09 PM

Has been NPH is ALL over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 162September 30, 2021 3:14 PM

I do t think he A list, D at best!

by Anonymousreply 163September 30, 2021 3:22 PM

R153 you must have been a charmer in your liberal arts classes in college.

The thought police are everywhere nowadays and have scant critical thinking skills. Everything must be reduced to BLACK AND WHITE.

by Anonymousreply 164September 30, 2021 3:24 PM

I hate that as well, R164, but I don't think I'm doing that at all. If you read up on everything that Bialik has said about this and other subjects, it seems pretty clear that she's very confused but also highly judgmental.

by Anonymousreply 165September 30, 2021 3:29 PM

R159, she's saying she didn't actually need that medical intervention, that she shouldn't have gone to the hospital.

[quote]I understand doctors need to err on the side of caution, but there was nothing wrong with my child.

by Anonymousreply 166September 30, 2021 3:36 PM

Did she attend the play because she wanted to support her friend or did she attend because she's a part time theater critic, critiquing plays that she hates?

by Anonymousreply 167September 30, 2021 3:41 PM

They both stink on ice!

by Anonymousreply 168September 30, 2021 4:09 PM

She clearly says she doesn't "get" musicals. Fair, but then you don't go to see a musical. But she says she was there to support her friend but when the time came to actually support him, she didn't. I don't have a show biz ego (or R9's) but understand why he would be hurt. She seems to not "get" what it means to be a friend either. I have done things for my friends I didn't want to for their benefit. Standing up is no hardship.

by Anonymousreply 169September 30, 2021 4:10 PM

[quote]she's saying she didn't actually need that medical intervention, that she shouldn't have gone to the hospital.

R166, which doesn't negate the fact that she took her midwife's suggestion and went. She doesn't believe she needed it but she still went.

In her Today article she said the same thing. She thinks it's good if people give birth at home. If an intervention is needed then listen to your midwife and go to a hospital.

Furthermore, she said,

[quote]The experience was scarring. "I felt a sense of failure that I had to call my parents from the hospital," Bialik continues. "Yes, I know vaginal birth in the hospital is the next best thing to a home birth."

She didn't like going to a hospital to give birth BUT she does add that she thinks vaginal birth in a hospital is fine if you must do it that way.

None of that sounds like someone who thinks if your child needs a medical intervention to be born at home you should let it die! Her real issue is with the use of C-Sections. She thinks they're done too often. NOT that if you must have one you should just let the baby die.

by Anonymousreply 170September 30, 2021 4:38 PM

Why wouldn’t you want to stand for your friend? Everyone is looking at this as a standard audience member but if you go to see your friend in a play and everyone else is standing and you’re just sitting there…that’s pretty cunty. You’re there for your friend, not as a critic to pass judgement. Show some loyalty, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 171September 30, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote]None of that sounds like someone who thinks if your child needs a medical intervention to be born at home you should let it die! Her real issue is with the use of C-Sections. She thinks they're done too often. NOT that if you must have one you should just let the baby die.

Whether or not C-sections are done "too often" is a matter of opinion, but her phrasing makes it sound she feels that anything other than natural childbirth at home is "lesser." And because she feels that way, it implies that she and other women who have had some sort of medical intervention in childbirth should feel sad or bad about it.

by Anonymousreply 172September 30, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote] They are two member of the rare club of child actors who turned out just fine and even have decent careers as adults.

Mayim is batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 173September 30, 2021 4:56 PM

Bialyk has had to walk back a lot of stuff: the Harvey Weinstein comments, the vaccine comments, the home birthing movement comments, implying that a civil rights march scheduled on Yom Kippur weekend was purposely done to exclude Jews, and what she said to the interviewer in that Self article above sounded a lot like "C-sections are wrong... oh, but not for you, of course" rudeness. As someone else said, why would you even bring up the fact that you're in a movement with people who think babies who have to be born via C-section should die? Especially to a woman about to have one? I mean, saying that some people think babies aren't evolutionarily viable? That's fucking EUGENICS.

She talks incessantly about doing the research on medical issues like childbirth and vaccines, and says there's not enough research to make certain conclusions, then she touts "brain supplements" which she makes a profit on and which haven't been through even ONE peer-reviewed study.

She believes babies are born able to use the toilet and all you have to do is learn how to read their little language signals, starting when they're two days old.

Yes, she often says the right thing, but even when she does there is an air of judgement about it. There's more than a hint that she's saying it to appease critics and not because it's what she truly believes.

I do not trust her when she says other people are anti-vax, but not her, other people think babies should die instead of be born via C-section, but not her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 30, 2021 5:03 PM

On her worst day Mayim is infinitely more interesting than that boring wretch NPH.

by Anonymousreply 175September 30, 2021 5:03 PM

R174, exactly.

I'm actually enjoying this, in a way, because it may help my wish that Ken Jennings would be named the new full-time host of JEOPARDY! come true.

by Anonymousreply 176September 30, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote] I encourage you to read it, [R145]. Bialyk absolutely sounds like she believes C-sections are morally wrong but is saying otherwise because of her career. I think she's doing the same with her comments about vaccines; as I already said, I think she had the vaccine for work, but I'd bet she didn't like it, and I'd bet her kids don't have many (if any) vaccines.

Yep. She refused to get her children vaccinated - until they required certain vaccinations in order for them to enter Israel.

by Anonymousreply 177September 30, 2021 5:12 PM

I find them both incredibly irritating. This clip will always make me laugh though:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178September 30, 2021 5:31 PM

As a few upthread is written I agree that it is quite cunty for her to bring up this old story now especially in light of the fact that he tried to reach out to her.

by Anonymousreply 179September 30, 2021 5:57 PM

One reason I was glad to leave the world of theater and theater people after college was the expectation that to be a friend to an actor meant seeing his/her shows all the time and expressing unqualified support for them. To me, that's not being a friend; that's being an unpaid "yes man."

I once read the definition of a friend as "someone who will kindly lie to you about the size of your nose but tell you the truth about your poetry." That makes much more sense to me than the idea that being a friend means you tell someone you love his poems (or his performances) even if they're awful.

by Anonymousreply 180September 30, 2021 6:02 PM

There is nothing wrong with privately discussing the quality of a friends art honestly in private. To publicly do so and then air it again publicly years later is borderline sociopathic, definitely on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 181September 30, 2021 6:07 PM

I wouldn’t talk to her either. She’s too homely.

by Anonymousreply 182September 30, 2021 6:11 PM

If Mayim bought a superyacht would NPH come crawling back?

by Anonymousreply 183September 30, 2021 6:13 PM

[quote] o publicly do so and then air it again publicly years later is borderline sociopathic, definitely on the spectrum.

I am sure you are fully qualified to be diagnosing people's psychological disorders based on comments they make on talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 184September 30, 2021 6:50 PM

I hope Neil is tapped to host Jeopardy and we never hear from Blossom Bitchcunt again.

by Anonymousreply 185September 30, 2021 7:46 PM

All this “There are those among us…” and “I know people who believe…” phrasing she uses is the same sort of shit Donald Trump pulls when he makes an obviously untrue, slanderous statement about an enemy prefaced by “People are saying…”

by Anonymousreply 186September 30, 2021 8:33 PM

Bialik, like a lot of very religious (damaged) people, think she knows everything. It is annoying and troubling.

If the neonatal unit hadn't assisted her first birth, the boy would be dead. A lot of people believe he should have been left by the side of the road for avoiding Yahweh's plan for his stillbirth. I'm not one of them, but I'm just saying.

by Anonymousreply 187September 30, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote]One reason I was glad to leave the world of theater and theater people after college was the expectation that to be a friend to an actor meant seeing his/her shows all the time and expressing unqualified support for them.

I have a (former) friend who was constantly in community theater productions. He had a decent voice for a choir, but not for solos. And he couldn't act--at all.

We were all expected to go to each show. It was often excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 188September 30, 2021 8:54 PM

So you are saying spineless and socially inept? There is a difference in not showing up and showing up so you can be rude.

by Anonymousreply 189September 30, 2021 10:00 PM

If he could see you from the stage (and you're a public figure and you're friends), you should probably stand...even though RENT doesn't deserve a standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 190September 30, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]Bialik's first birth didn't go the way she wanted. After three days of labor at home, she stalled at 9 centimeters, one short of the goal. Her midwife suggested they go to the hospital, where after a natural childbirth, Bialik's son spent four days in the neonatal intensive-care unit.

It's not normal to be in labor for three fucking days. Especially when she knew she had gestational diabetes... which can cause the baby to be larger than normal, and also prone to other complications. She sounds really fucking stupid for an "actual neuroscientist".

by Anonymousreply 191September 30, 2021 10:34 PM

No self respecting gay was watching Blossom for Mayim Bialik.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 30, 2021 11:25 PM

I suppose she mutilated her sons too. Barbarian.

by Anonymousreply 193October 1, 2021 12:03 AM

[Quote]She sounds overall horrible with her weird medical beliefs. It's possible Neil just grew tired of that shitty craziness and distanced himself. And she's pulling this up to explain his distance to herself and others.

If she feels that babies born via C-section are evolutionarily challenged, imagine what she must think about children with two fathers. I'd distance myself too, if I were NPH.

by Anonymousreply 194October 1, 2021 1:25 AM

this thread has been ruined by fraus, who gives a shit how she shat out her kids?!

This cunt is ruining Jeopardy as we speak, with her ugly face, hair and clothes!

by Anonymousreply 195October 1, 2021 1:49 AM

NPH is definitely insufferable ... but she can't just stand up and clap?

by Anonymousreply 196October 1, 2021 1:51 AM

If someone in a C-section scenario is "evolutionarily defective," it's sure as hell not the full-term fetus. Viability has nothing to do with that predicament. It's usually because the mother's vagine is too narrow for the giant baby head, or it got stuck due to awkward positioning.

by Anonymousreply 197October 1, 2021 2:27 AM

Mayim was a cunt for pulling this stunt in public. You don't humiliate friends in public like that. You support them in public, no matter how fake it may be. Friends who want to be real with you like that aren't really friends. They are the kind of toxic people who don't like you to change or even succeed (NPH got a standing ovation from everybody else, apparently).

by Anonymousreply 198October 1, 2021 2:29 AM

This reminds me of the time DL's fave Laura Benanti took to Twitter and had a hissy fit when an audience member didn't applaud for her.

by Anonymousreply 199October 1, 2021 2:34 AM

Oh look! DL even had a thread about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 1, 2021 2:35 AM

You just know that her bush is untrimmed and halfway to the knee.

by Anonymousreply 201October 1, 2021 2:36 AM

Sometime in the 70s or 80s, standing ovations became meaningless, and every live performance got one. If I were a performer, I'd appreciate anyone who remained seated, because they were telling me they expected better.

by Anonymousreply 202October 1, 2021 2:41 AM

Or their foot fell asleep.

by Anonymousreply 203October 1, 2021 2:56 AM

[quote] If I were a performer, I'd appreciate anyone who remained seated, because they were telling me they expected better.

Obvs not a performer then

by Anonymousreply 204October 1, 2021 3:00 AM

Mayim seems to think her extreme religiosity is curious and charming to people. It's not, especially in America where religious Jews are barely tolerated and not even behind their backs.

She managed to divorce her husband for whatever reasons. Men don't like challenging marriages, they just want peace and quiet and to be left alone until it's time for fun dad stuff. I've observed many women refusing to pick up on that.

by Anonymousreply 205October 1, 2021 3:03 AM

It figures. Neil Patrick Harris exuded small dick and big ego energy at the Tonies.

by Anonymousreply 206October 1, 2021 3:04 AM

Did Mayim stand for Bette in "Hello Dolly"?

by Anonymousreply 207October 1, 2021 3:07 AM

She's an antivax douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 208October 1, 2021 3:10 AM

Mayim has shared quite openly that she vaccinated her children against COVID when it was available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 1, 2021 3:16 AM

I saw a production of “Rent” in LA with NPH in the lead role and he was quite competent. I suspect there is more to this story than MB has disclosed.

by Anonymousreply 210October 1, 2021 3:30 AM

R33 the three leads made “Rockefeller money” on TBBT, not MB. She and the actress who played Bernadette were the lowest paid members of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 211October 1, 2021 4:02 AM

Mayim, regardless of what went down, deserves to get fat.

by Anonymousreply 212October 1, 2021 5:05 AM

[quote] This reminds me of the time DL's fave Laura Benanti took to Twitter and had a hissy fit when an audience member didn't applaud for her.

Except in this case, it wasn’t NPH who went public with the story.

by Anonymousreply 213October 1, 2021 5:11 AM

Standing ovations aren't a participation prize that should be handed out indiscriminately to every performance. No one should be compelled to stand up or even applaud if they didn't care for the performance or the work.

by Anonymousreply 214October 1, 2021 5:34 AM

I can’t stand this egg head bitch. She is SO pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 215October 1, 2021 6:03 AM

[quote] No one should be compelled to stand up or even applaud if they didn't care for the performance or the work.

If you can't do it for a friend and deliberately risk hurting his feelings, you don't deserve friends and their support when you need it.

by Anonymousreply 216October 1, 2021 7:39 AM

Mayim makes it sound like she would've lost her soul if she stood up and clapped. Even as an empty, meaningless gesture, it would've been seen by others as being generous to a friend. She couldn't be bothered to perform an empty, meaningless gesture for a friend in public and instead had to humiliate him? That's what a toxic sociopath would do.

You choose your battles, and she decided that this is worth risking a friendship for. And she's supposed to be smart? Not when it comes to the social game, apparently. I also question her judgement to tell this story, unless it was a preemptive strike to prevent someone else from sharing this about her.

by Anonymousreply 217October 1, 2021 7:46 AM

R217

You're calling someone a toxic sociopath because they wouldn't stand up to clap for someone?

You're going to run out of adjectives and nouns when it comes to real offenders. Maybe she just thought Neil Patrick Harris was a boring stuck-up actor as so many of us do.

by Anonymousreply 218October 1, 2021 8:16 AM

Looks like NPH and other needy actors are all over this thread, demanding that everyone give standing ovations.

by Anonymousreply 219October 1, 2021 8:22 AM

[quote]You're calling someone a toxic sociopath because they wouldn't stand up to clap for someone?

I’m not R217 but yes I would call them toxic for sure. People like her are exhausting - they spend their life always trying to prove a point and show us how unique and “clever” they are. If you can’t do something as simple as clap after your friend’s performance (and clapping is tradition in theater anyway) because you want to be different and think you’re making a point, then yes, you are a heartless asshole. And every person that I know that is like this has few to no friends. I can’t imagine why!😏

by Anonymousreply 220October 1, 2021 8:28 AM

I love how she tells this story as if NOH is still holding a grudge all these years later. He didn’t remember it until a few years ago when Mayim reminded him at which point he sent her flowers.

She’s so narcissistic. Nobody is thinking about you, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 221October 1, 2021 11:00 AM

*nph

by Anonymousreply 222October 1, 2021 11:01 AM

I assume that the "Why should she stand for a friend if she didn't enjoy the show?" crowd are miserable people who wonder why they sit home alone each night.

Maybe learn something from Mayim's awful behavior and try to treat people better? It may be nice, give it a try.

by Anonymousreply 223October 1, 2021 11:59 AM

[Quote] If he's your friend you stand up out of respect for him.

A standing ovation isn't a sign of respect. Clapping, sure. A standing O means that you think the performance was outstanding.

Mayim should have clapped, stayed seated, and waved vigorously to NPH when he looked right at her.

by Anonymousreply 224October 1, 2021 1:01 PM

[quote]A standing ovation isn't a sign of respect.

In this case, it absolutely was a sign of respect and support for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 225October 1, 2021 1:12 PM

If you respect someone, you don't blow smoke. Mayim could have handled it better, no doubt. I can picture her unimpressed face as she said that she didn't want to stand.

by Anonymousreply 226October 1, 2021 1:18 PM

It's not blowing smoke up his ass. If you don't think your friend's performance is up to par, you say so in a respectful manner in a one-on-one conversation, not by pulling some petty stunt in public.

Not standing when everyone else is, when you're in the front row and a famous enough face that people will be paying attention to you and see you refuse to stand, when you're there to support your friend, when the rest of his co-stars and colleagues are right there, is petty and rude. It's something someone does to hurt feelings.

It shouldn't surprise me that people think deliberately trying to hurt someone is perfectly normal behavior, but it kind of does.

by Anonymousreply 227October 1, 2021 1:28 PM

[Quote] If you don't think your friend's performance is up to par, you say so in a respectful manner in a one-on-one conversation

No, you don't. You're not his director. Keep it cute. Leave it at "good job, buddy" and if he tries to draw more out of you, say you need time to gather your thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 228October 1, 2021 1:31 PM

She a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 229October 1, 2021 1:35 PM

I agree she should have just been supportive r228 and I've said that a ton of times on this thread already, but my comment earlier was addressed very specifically to r226 who said that you don't "blow smoke" about someone's performance if you "respect them."

It wasn't a general, all-purpose comment but a specific reply in a conversation. I fucking fucking HATE how much time I waste on threads having to clarify what was said, especially since I was pretty damn clear in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 230October 1, 2021 1:40 PM

I’m sure everyone else is the problem. They are the common denominator.

by Anonymousreply 231October 1, 2021 1:42 PM

She didn’t say his performance wasn’t good. She thought the show sucked as she hates musical theater in general.

Anthony Rapp originated that role. It’s not like those are hard shoes to fill.

by Anonymousreply 232October 1, 2021 1:45 PM

Oh for god's sake, r228 WAS r226.

[quote]A standing ovation isn't a sign of respect...Mayim should have clapped, stayed seated, and waved vigorously to NPH when he looked right at her.

[quote]If you respect someone, you don't blow smoke.

[quote]Keep it cute. Leave it at "good job, buddy" and if he tries to draw more out of you, say you need time to gather your thoughts.

Okay, so if she'd given him a standing ovation, it would have been disrespectful and "blowing smoke," but also if he asked her if she liked it then she should have refused to even answer the question, which I guess ISN'T disrespectful or blowing smoke, according to you.

So glad to realize that you were engaging in good faith and this wasn't at ALL a case of you being contrary and inconsistent just to keep the discussion going.

by Anonymousreply 233October 1, 2021 1:47 PM

"She thought the show sucked as she hates musical theater in general."

Yet she spent her evening sitting in the orchestra to see Rent?

I thought she was supposed to be smart.

by Anonymousreply 234October 1, 2021 1:47 PM

[Quote] Okay, so if she'd given him a standing ovation, it would have been disrespectful and "blowing smoke," but also if he asked her if she liked it then she should have refused to even answer the question, which I guess ISN'T disrespectful or blowing smoke, according to you.

Oh, hush. I've commented about three times in this thread.

I don't think it's inconsistent to say that she should have kept it cute - that includes clapping and later giving a mild a mild compliment like "good job, buddy" - while not giving a standing ovation she didn't feel was merited. Her problem was that she didn't simple sit, clap and look supportive, she groused about not wanting to stand to her boyfriend while NPH and the cast could see her doing so.... Capiche?

by Anonymousreply 235October 1, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote] You're calling someone a toxic sociopath because they wouldn't stand up to clap for someone?

Yes, I call someone who deliberately chooses a PUBLIC venue, where everybody else clapped, to pull this stunt a toxic sociopath, because this goes beyond not picking up on social cues. You show up for your friend, who is clearly craving your approval, and then just sit there while the rest of the audience gives your friend a standing ovation? It comes off as petty and diabolic (yes, Mary!) to put a dump on a moment that should've been a glorious victory experience for NPH.

In a perverse way it reminds me of the infamous scene in Mommy Dearest where Joan Crawford screams at Christina: Why can't you treat me I would be treated by any stranger on the street?? Christian: Because I'm not one of your fans!

by Anonymousreply 236October 1, 2021 2:48 PM

ops, sorry. Christina: Because I'm not one of your fans!

by Anonymousreply 237October 1, 2021 2:49 PM

[Quote] that should've been a glorious victory experience for NPH.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 238October 1, 2021 2:50 PM

In my opinionation, that was a cunt move.

by Anonymousreply 239October 1, 2021 2:55 PM

The same thing happened to me with Mary Testa in Oklahoma!

by Anonymousreply 240October 1, 2021 3:00 PM

Two ostensible points:

MB didn’t even pay to see the show. The tickets for her and her (then) husband were comped as a famous friend of one of the stars of the show.

She didn’t clap not wholly because of her dislike of the genre but also because she is a religious nut who felt that the themes contained in the show were against her religious beliefs. I saw this happen in the first touring performance of the show in Raleigh in which a third to a half of the blue-haired season ticket holders of the Broadway Series South walked out before, or at, intermission due to the religious bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 241October 1, 2021 3:53 PM

*their religious bigotry

by Anonymousreply 242October 1, 2021 3:54 PM

Did she say that she was offended by the themes?

by Anonymousreply 243October 1, 2021 4:15 PM

No, therefore I used the adjective “ostensible.”

by Anonymousreply 244October 1, 2021 4:55 PM

Tony, it would seem that you're reaching.

by Anonymousreply 245October 1, 2021 4:57 PM

This is the best DL thread in some time. Living up to the phrase pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 246October 1, 2021 5:01 PM

It’s not a stretch to imagine someone who does not believe bare arms are appropriate for modern women wouldn’t also find a play about drug users, the HIV+, and sex workers thematically objectionable.

I’m not trying to win a civil judgement against the woman, I’m just pointing out recurring themes in her behavior over the years on a gossip message board.

by Anonymousreply 247October 1, 2021 5:04 PM

Mayim has bare arms in her podcast interview of David Archuleta? Maybe she's trying to tempt him into her embrace?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 1, 2021 5:15 PM

You've said that before but she wears short sleeves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 1, 2021 5:17 PM

She's in a tight black leather top with short sleeves in the EW article about this very brouhaha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 1, 2021 5:17 PM

Let’s take her word for it. She’s like to be covered to the elbow, but the shoulders/upper arms are never shown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 1, 2021 5:22 PM

Tony, for the love of God, just look at the damn photo.

This entire thread is about how she says one thing and does another. This is just another example of that.

by Anonymousreply 252October 1, 2021 5:26 PM

Shoulders are never shown, huh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 1, 2021 5:29 PM

Neil Patrick Harris does not have small dick energy. And I bet the actual dick is bout 7 inches.

by Anonymousreply 254October 1, 2021 5:29 PM

Some more shameless shoulder action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 1, 2021 5:30 PM

All recent pictures, both with at least one shoulder covered, taken in the last few years. Perhaps she has recently moderated her religious fervor for professional or personal reasons but twenty-four years ago, which is the time period we’re talking about here, is a different story.

by Anonymousreply 256October 1, 2021 5:41 PM

The photos I posted of her in short sleeves are recent, but there are old photos of her in short sleeves, too.

The point I'm trying to make is that I'm absolutely certain she said women shouldn't wear short sleeves, that she follows tznius restrictions and covers her arms, and then goes right out and wears short sleeves herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 1, 2021 5:45 PM

So is she against standing ovations but then goes out and gives them? Does she got out and give them hard?

by Anonymousreply 258October 1, 2021 6:05 PM

Bitches like her are why Jews are barely tolerated. What a fucking freak.

by Anonymousreply 259October 1, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote]If you don't think your friend's performance is up to par, you say so in a respectful manner in a one-on-one conversation, not by pulling some petty stunt in public.

Why do so many people assume that Mayim didn't want to stand because she thought Neil's performance in particular wasn't "up to par?" Maybe she thought he was great but she didn't like the show overall, or at least, didn't feel it was so phenomenal that she needed to leap to her feet while applauding.

That said, in a case where one is seeing a show for a friend AND one knows the friend can clearly see you from the stage during the curtain call, I guess it's best to join in the standing ovation even if one feels it's not deserved -- and so many of them are not.

by Anonymousreply 260October 1, 2021 8:36 PM

The worst part is she's in fucking show biz. I'm sure she enjoyed the cheers she got at her TV taping curtain calls.

by Anonymousreply 261October 1, 2021 9:59 PM

I need more time to gather my thoughts on r228’s response.

by Anonymousreply 262October 1, 2021 10:07 PM

She is VERY awkward and weird.

by Anonymousreply 263October 2, 2021 12:51 AM

I need to know, was everyone else standing?

by Anonymousreply 264October 2, 2021 1:03 AM

Mayim is A list, she has been on two hit shows, she has her own current show, plus she is a host of Jeopardy. NPH is not A list at this time.

by Anonymousreply 265October 2, 2021 1:13 AM

I was shtanding!

by Anonymousreply 266October 2, 2021 1:14 AM

R264, TWO hit shows?

Please provide receipts.

by Anonymousreply 267October 2, 2021 1:37 AM

Sorry. R264. I need receipts from R265.

by Anonymousreply 268October 2, 2021 1:43 AM

r265 do people even give a shit about Blossom?

by Anonymousreply 269October 2, 2021 2:46 AM

[quote] Maybe learn something from Mayim's awful behavior and try to treat people better? It may be nice, give it a try.

How about we learn something from Mayim's behavior by following it, and earning millions and millions of dollars?

by Anonymousreply 270October 2, 2021 3:03 AM

[quote] [R265] do people even give a shit about Blossom?

It was a hit show, and that's what the issue was, even though you're desperately trying (like a true cunt) to move the goal posts.

The show made her a fortune, and she was a star. then she was a star all over again with 'The Big Bang Theory."

She wins; you lose.

by Anonymousreply 271October 2, 2021 3:06 AM

In reference to Blossom:

[quote] It was a hit show

I need to see the receipts supporting that claim, R271.

by Anonymousreply 272October 2, 2021 3:35 AM

[quote] In a perverse way it reminds me of the infamous scene in Mommy Dearest where Joan Crawford screams at Christina: Why can't you treat me I would be treated by any stranger on the street?? Christian: Because I'm not one of your fans!

So what you're saying is that what you took away from that scene is that Christina SHOULD have treated her mother like she was an adoring fan 24/7?

SMH

by Anonymousreply 273October 2, 2021 3:52 AM

R265, If Neil Patrick Harris isn’t a list, Mayim Bialik definitely isnt. I don’t care how much cash she got for playing Sheldon’s beard.

He has a lot more career highlights than she does and has worked consistently since childhood. He has credits on his IMDb page for ever year since 1986 and is a well liked personality.

by Anonymousreply 274October 2, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote] He has credits on his IMDb page for ever year since 1986 and is a well liked personality.

Not on Datalounge he isn't.

by Anonymousreply 275October 2, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote]Why do so many people assume that Mayim didn't want to stand because she thought Neil's performance in particular wasn't "up to par?"

I didn't, r260. I was specifically addressing someone who brought that up as a plausible explanation. Go ask someone who actually SAID that they assumed Bialik didn't like NPH's performance, there's dozen of them on here, and none of them are me.

by Anonymousreply 276October 2, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote]Mayim is A list, she has been on two hit shows, she has her own current show, plus she is a host of Jeopardy.

She was on a show aimed at kids many decades ago and she was a supporting player on Big Bang Theory, now she hosts weekend Jeopardy. That's not A list.

"Call Me Kat" has terrible ratings and reviews online, and its finale got the least amount of viewers of any episode. Absolutely no idea how it got renewed. "Blossom" had midling to poor ratings when it was on, per Wikipedia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277October 2, 2021 4:23 AM

Neither Mayim nor NPH is A-list. It's ridiculous to pretend either of them is.

by Anonymousreply 278October 2, 2021 4:26 AM

R278, Nobody is saying Neil is. But he has a lot more claim to it than Blossom does.

by Anonymousreply 279October 2, 2021 4:28 AM

Mayim is the bigger star these days.

She is the lead on a TV show for adults (NPH is the featured player on a show for children), and she's one of the two hosts of "Jeopardy."

by Anonymousreply 280October 2, 2021 4:31 AM

NPH is not currently on a series and he is and always will be a bigger star than Mayim Bialik.

by Anonymousreply 281October 2, 2021 4:34 AM

I know I speak for the group when I say we're all quite content with NPH never having spoken to us.

by Anonymousreply 282October 2, 2021 4:35 AM

[quote] NPH is not currently on a series and he is and always will be a bigger star than Mayim Bialik.

Would that by only simply asserting things we could make them so!

by Anonymousreply 283October 2, 2021 4:56 AM

R265 here, I like NPH unlike a lot of people on here, but Mayim is currently an A list TV star. NPH is a B+ all around entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 284October 2, 2021 5:53 AM

It's funny, but I enjoy them both quite a bit as comic actors now that they are adults, even though I did not care for either of them as child stars.

And the trouble with them both now is they just won't shut up about their personal lives.

by Anonymousreply 285October 2, 2021 6:02 AM

I want a Doogie Howser reboot with the original actors!

by Anonymousreply 286October 2, 2021 6:18 AM

She’s a religious fanatic.

Advantage NPH.

by Anonymousreply 287October 2, 2021 8:53 AM

[quote] So what you're saying is that what you took away from that scene is that Christina SHOULD have treated her mother like she was an adoring fan 24/7?

Uh, no. It's the same issue about respect or gratitude and not receiving it. Obviously it doesn't literally fit the Mayim and NPH situation. But it would've been funny if it had played out that way.

by Anonymousreply 288October 2, 2021 10:10 AM

Bialik has a Doctorate in Neuroscience, R287 and NPH is an AIDS infested hasbeen.

Checkmate Bialik.

by Anonymousreply 289October 2, 2021 1:18 PM

Neil Patrick Harris and Mayim Bialik star in Neil Simon’s “The Prisoner of Second Avenue.”

Take that Sarah and Matthew!

by Anonymousreply 290October 2, 2021 1:35 PM

Mayim Bialik isn't an A-list star. From being on fucking Blossom and a supporting role on Big Bang? And now hosting Jeopardy? (How long will that last? No one knows. Was Alex Trebek an A list star??) You folks are screwy.

by Anonymousreply 291October 2, 2021 1:38 PM

Did her sad rip-off of Miranda Hart’s show get picked up for a second season?

by Anonymousreply 292October 2, 2021 1:41 PM

NPH isn't A-List either, NPH/R291.

by Anonymousreply 293October 2, 2021 1:51 PM

R289 congratulations for being a nasty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 294October 2, 2021 1:58 PM

Did I lie, R294?

by Anonymousreply 295October 2, 2021 2:01 PM

No you didn’t lie. You just proved yourself a bigger jerk than NPH or MB. Better to be loathed than ignored, I guess. I’m glad you got attention you wanted.

by Anonymousreply 296October 2, 2021 2:09 PM

I think people getting off track here: Who's the one who is draining his or her pasta?

That's how DL decides which side DLers are on. I mean, we clearly know who's presenting hole to get us on his side. And it's not prim and proper Mayim. Mayim, you're in danger now.

by Anonymousreply 297October 2, 2021 2:10 PM

Why so wounded, R296? Show us on the doll where DL hurt you.

by Anonymousreply 298October 2, 2021 2:28 PM

Mayim has that Big Bang money. That's "fuck you money." That's a lot of money.

NPH has.... a few kids in Harlem and memories of that forgettable Mother show.

I'm not a fan but Mayim wins.

by Anonymousreply 299October 2, 2021 2:38 PM

I know she's American, but this whole thing kind of reminds me of something a person from central or northern Europe would do. They are very blunt and don't do things like clap or give a standing ovation for politeness. That's a very North American thing. If your performance was only mediocre, a Dutch person would be straight up and tell you, friend or not.

by Anonymousreply 300October 2, 2021 2:50 PM

I'm team NPH. If you were really close friends, you would stand and give him the O coz you're there to support him. She obviously doesn't give a shit about him, it's merely superficial hollywood BS "friendship". she was exposed. no great loss.

by Anonymousreply 301October 2, 2021 2:52 PM

Mayim was a bit player on The Big Bang Theory. Apparently, the leading cast decided to accept a pay cut, so the production would give both Mayim and Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) a raise in the final years of the show.

[quote] Four-time Emmy nominee Bialik and Rauch’s five colleagues each took a $100,000 per episode pay cut (the five originals will be making $900,000 an episode) in a show of support for their co-stars. Rauch and Bialik’s deals are said to be for more than $425,000 per episode, up significantly from the $175,000 they negotiated three years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302October 2, 2021 3:03 PM

Neil made roughly the same amount toward the end of HIMYM that Mayim made for Big Bang. It’s not like she was making As much as the big 3.

Sheldon should have been paid more than Galecki and Cuoco because he’s the only one the show would not have worked without.

by Anonymousreply 303October 2, 2021 3:07 PM

Well I’m glad she let her baby come out and tear up her cunt, clawing and ripping her on the way out. No drugs, full pain. Sounds like she’s really fucking into that.

by Anonymousreply 304October 2, 2021 3:08 PM

R302 Supporting isn’t a bit player dumbass

by Anonymousreply 305October 2, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote]I didn't, [R260]. I was specifically addressing someone who brought that up as a plausible explanation. Go ask someone who actually SAID that they assumed Bialik didn't like NPH's performance, there's dozen of them on here, and none of them are me.

I was referring to the person who wrote: "If you don't think your friend's performance is up to par, you say so in a respectful manner in a one-on-one conversation, not by pulling some petty stunt in public." If you were that person, I was referring to your post. If not, I wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 306October 2, 2021 5:03 PM

[quote]I am sure you are fully qualified to be diagnosing people's psychological disorders based on comments they make on talk shows.

That is pretty rich coming from a guy who said on the "trolls are back" thread that anyone who blocked more than 100 accounts had something mentally wrong with them.

by Anonymousreply 307October 2, 2021 5:22 PM

That was me r306, and I'm still not someone who "assumed that Mayim didn't want to stand because she thought Neil's performance wasn't up to par."

by Anonymousreply 308October 2, 2021 5:25 PM

R308, then why did you bring that up?

by Anonymousreply 309October 2, 2021 5:28 PM

There are certain times when you have to do something, and if you don't, you're seen as an asshole. If you're at a wedding reception and everybody stands to toast the happy couple, and you decide to sit because you you don't like the groom, or you're unhappy with the quality of the champagne, or the ceremony didn't come up to your idea of what a ceremony ought to be, then you will have made a statement that will have been duly noted. But you'll look like an asshole. And you'll offend your friends, the happy couple. Sure, a play is different, but the star was a friend. People were standing, and unless she wanted to come off as sending a negative message to her friend, she should have stood. And no, she shouldn't have told him privately she didn't like the play, or the performance. Nobody wants to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 310October 2, 2021 7:02 PM

James corden was right. Mayim was rude af. She’s a sitcom actress which is the lowest form of entertainment yet she passes judgment on musical theater?

by Anonymousreply 311October 2, 2021 7:05 PM

A day at work is not the same as a wedding reception. NPH was not a bride.

by Anonymousreply 312October 2, 2021 7:22 PM

Acting in sitcoms pays the bill. Cher is not a fan of Cher's music.

by Anonymousreply 313October 2, 2021 7:23 PM

*bills

by Anonymousreply 314October 2, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote]Her real issue is with the use of C-Sections. She thinks they're done too often. NOT that if you must have one you should just let the baby die.

I wonder how she feels about people like Britney Spears, who had 2 of them because she wanted to keep her snatch tight?

by Anonymousreply 315October 2, 2021 7:48 PM

[quote]He has a lot more career highlights than she does and has worked consistently since childhood.

Well, there is this...Bialik earned a bachelor's degree in neuroscience, Hebrew and Jewish studies in 2000 from UCLA, and then went on to the university's Ph.D. program in neuroscience, which she completed in 2007.

by Anonymousreply 316October 2, 2021 8:09 PM

Mayim is a Jewish supremacist.

Team non Zionist so I guess I’m team NPH.

by Anonymousreply 317October 2, 2021 8:29 PM

I think her admission to the graduate school had more to do with who she was than what she was doing. Think Tyra Banks at Harvard Business School.

She obviously wasn’t that good at it. Her excuse that she left the field because she wasn’t able to parent the way she wanted doesn’t make sense to me. You always hear how filming tv sitcom can mean long hours while none of the people I know who work in the hard sciences works anything other than a 9-5 schedule.

I guess she could bring the baby to the studio but the other actors wouldn’t stand for a baby on the set between takes. I assume she couldn’t take her kids to work in a university environment but how good, or serious, of a scientist could you be if you quit because you can’t have your baby on your hip all day?

She’s also said she went back to acting for the health insurance but that can’t be true because we’ve already been assured by some in this thread that she was rolling in the dough from her first ‘hit’ sitcom and apparently know for her philanthropy.

by Anonymousreply 318October 2, 2021 8:36 PM

Blossom did an parody episode of Madonna’s Truth or Dare. NPH played Blossoms boyfriend in it.

by Anonymousreply 319October 2, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote] A day at work is not the same as a wedding reception. NPH was not a bride.

A day at work? It took very likely weeks if not months to make the play happen just like it sometimes takes weeks if not months planning a wedding. Do you even understand the basics of how entertainment is made? It sure doesn't look like it.

by Anonymousreply 320October 2, 2021 9:03 PM

If she thinks he's going to start talking to her after she's revealed what a little diva she thinks he is, Boy! She's got another thing coming.

by Anonymousreply 321October 2, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] Men don't like challenging marriages, they just want peace and quiet and to be left alone until it's time for fun dad stuff. I've observed many women refusing to pick up on that.

Why don't women see that their role is simply to do exactly what the man wants in a marriage and be happy with that? How dare a woman expect to have a say in setting expectations!

by Anonymousreply 322October 2, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote] She obviously wasn’t that good at it.

If she completed a PhD from one of the nation's top neuroscience program (which is what UCLA's is), she was obviously quite good at it.

The End.

by Anonymousreply 323October 2, 2021 9:14 PM

I don’t understand why this bitch keeps getting TV work. She’s a hammy actress and very unlikable as a presenter.

by Anonymousreply 324October 2, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote]A day at work is not the same as a wedding reception. NPH was not a bride.

Well lets say in any situation where everyone is standing in tribute and you don't go along, you're probably going to offend the friend they're standing up for. Basically if complete strangers stand for your friend and you have to remain seated, well, if you don't think your friend would be mad at that, you lack social skills at least, and you're a bitch at worst.

by Anonymousreply 325October 2, 2021 9:16 PM

I'm astonished how riled her not standing for the ovation (something which happened over 20 years ago) has made so many of you on this thread.

This must really strike a chord in you regarding what you expect from your friends, or otherwise you would not be repeating the same talking points over and again.

by Anonymousreply 326October 2, 2021 9:20 PM

r326, you do realize that you are at Datalounge right now, right? The message board where people get thrown into a grease fire for draining their pasta. DL lives for this kind of etiquette drama. Social etiquette, kitchen etiquette, design aesthetic, fashion sense, etc.

by Anonymousreply 327October 2, 2021 9:25 PM

R326 R327 And there always has to be someone in every thread who acts above it all and comments about how they can't believe how riled something makes other people.

by Anonymousreply 328October 2, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote]She’s a sitcom actress which is the lowest form of entertainment yet she passes judgment on musical theater?

Oh Honey, the lowest form of entertainment is being a Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 329October 2, 2021 9:36 PM

I thought the lowest form of entertainment is TLC entertainment (19 Kids and Counting, my 600 lb life, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, etc.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330October 2, 2021 9:43 PM

Not TikTok?

by Anonymousreply 331October 2, 2021 9:55 PM

Mimes are the lowest form of entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 332October 2, 2021 10:46 PM

[quote]I think her admission to the graduate school had more to do with who she was than what she was doing.

Because UCLA's neuroscience department needed "Blossom" to increase admissions. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 333October 2, 2021 10:51 PM

The Ivy League schools Jodi Foster and Brooke Shields went to didn’t need them either R333 but they certainly got a lot of press when both attended.

Higher education is a big business and it would be naive to believe admissions are solely based on merit.

by Anonymousreply 334October 3, 2021 2:34 AM

r322, you have not refuted anything I said, it's just that those truths make you pissy.

by Anonymousreply 335October 3, 2021 2:56 AM

The lowest form of entertainment is donkey shows.

by Anonymousreply 336October 3, 2021 3:05 AM

tl; dr

NPH borrowed her dildos and always returned them with his NPH fudge

by Anonymousreply 337October 3, 2021 3:19 AM

For those of you here hating on Mayim Bialik... enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 3, 2021 3:42 AM

Yes, because someone would apply to a school based on any of those stank cunts you moron.

by Anonymousreply 339October 3, 2021 4:14 AM

[quote] NPH is a lowkey diva

Oh, honey, it's anything BUT lowkey.

by Anonymousreply 340October 3, 2021 4:20 AM

I don't care for either of them and never watched more than a few minutes of any of their shows. Harris, though, seems to work himself into the news with a frequency and attention that far exceeds his talent. All of which would be fine if he were not such a smug and I sincere cunt.

Watching NPH being interviewed is like watching someone who hates children being filmed at daycare center.

by Anonymousreply 341October 3, 2021 5:14 AM

R338 That girl looks better than Mayim.

by Anonymousreply 342October 3, 2021 5:21 AM

I was talking to someone who DID bring that up and was responding to them, r309, which I told you before.

I'm tired of needy, lonely little shits like you acting like children and pestering people for attention, so you'll excuse me if I put you on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 343October 3, 2021 6:37 AM

[quote]I guess she could bring the baby to the studio but the other actors wouldn’t stand for a baby on the set between takes.

I'm absolutely not going to look for the article again but there's an old interview with her when she had only two kids and one was a baby, and she talks about having to breast pump for the baby while she's on set, and her husband takes care of the kids.

Don't know why she said she couldn't stay in the sciences because of bringing up her kids, it doesn't seem to have been easier while being an actress. She either switched back for the money or because she couldn't really hack being a scientist.

by Anonymousreply 344October 3, 2021 6:42 AM

It doesn’t even matter why she was admitted into the UCLA, the fact that she managed to graduate with a PhD in neuroscience while keeping intact her antiquated views on childbirth and child rearing shows that either the program is not that great or not that demanding when it comes to celebrities.

It’s as if a person with a PhD in physics said “There are those among us who believe that the Earth is flat. I do not subscribe to this, but I know that some feel that… the proof that the Earth is not flat has been inconclusive.”

by Anonymousreply 345October 3, 2021 7:09 AM

She makes no sense. She claims to be super religious, yet she’s living in sin with a guy she isn’t married to. Like most religious people, she contradicts herself.

by Anonymousreply 346October 3, 2021 7:56 AM

R300, I noticed that in London theatre too. They give many more standing ovations now than they used to but it is not as bad as America where almost every performance seems to get a standing ovation. FFS, people were giving standing ovations for the mediocre production of Evita with Elena Roger and Ricky Martin.

by Anonymousreply 347October 3, 2021 8:14 AM

Well, not for nothing, right after the curtain call and applause you have to stand and exit the theater anyway so a standing ovation just speeds the process up.

by Anonymousreply 348October 3, 2021 9:37 AM

Jesus Christ. A standing ovation is not the end of the world, nor is it meaningless, because "everybody" is getting one. Some posters are such sociopaths complaing about people praising other people's mediocre performance and others being forced to join that praise. It's like some bad impersonation of some introvert incel who has been dragged out of his basement and now has to suffer the indignity of showing respect for somone's work when he would rather call women and minorities selfish cunts on DL.

by Anonymousreply 349October 3, 2021 10:02 AM

Has Mayim ever done anal?

by Anonymousreply 350October 3, 2021 10:29 AM

R350 She prefers sodomy

by Anonymousreply 351October 3, 2021 10:52 AM

R318 you're an idiot? Tyra Banks did NOT get admitted to Harvard Business School and thus never attended Harvard Business School. She took an expensive EXTENSION seminar that anyone can take.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352October 3, 2021 12:51 PM

You only get to give ten standing ovations in your lifetime, a wise elder gay once told me. Don’t be profligate with your praise or else it means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 353October 3, 2021 1:20 PM

[quote]You only get to give ten standing ovations in your lifetime, a wise elder gay once told me. Don’t be profligate with your praise or else it means nothing.

It means nothing, anyway. Unless you're Mayim Bialik going to your friend, NPH's show, and he's looking at you, no one cares if one person stands or sits. You can stand, sit, or take a shit, no one cares. If you really think you need to judiciously select whom you praise with your standing ovations, I'm sorry to say no one EVER cares.

by Anonymousreply 354October 3, 2021 3:03 PM

I care.

by Anonymousreply 355October 3, 2021 3:10 PM

She's so ugly, when she was born the doctor slapped her and the nurse and mother said, "Let me get in a turn."

by Anonymousreply 356October 3, 2021 3:14 PM

She's so ugly it hurt my feelings

by Anonymousreply 357October 3, 2021 3:14 PM

R355 No you don't, you self important, no talent cunt

by Anonymousreply 358October 3, 2021 3:30 PM

She likes to say she believes one thing, but then she does the opposite. She should consider running for Congress.

by Anonymousreply 359October 3, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote] It doesn’t even matter why she was admitted into the UCLA, the fact that she managed to graduate with a PhD in neuroscience while keeping intact her antiquated views on childbirth and child rearing shows that either the program is not that great or not that demanding when it comes to celebrities.

The study of neuroscience has nothing to do with the practice of childbirth.

You should shut up now--you're just embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 360October 3, 2021 4:05 PM

I didn’t realize Blossom was such a Fundie.

by Anonymousreply 361October 3, 2021 4:07 PM

I've always liked her - but this makes her look really bad. She's no great actress herself - and if you're friends with someone, you support them.

Why would it kill her to stand up?

She should have kept it to herself. She doesn't need to put this out while everyone is still deciding on the Jeopardy host.

Her career has been a string of good luck.

by Anonymousreply 362October 3, 2021 4:10 PM

R352, I see your point but feel it also bears mentioning that since taking that meaningless Harvard extension course Tyra has remained a business woman and has had continued success while Mayim, who attended an actual grad school, has left the field of neuroscience altogether to persue a career as a ‘star’ of a near-cancellation sitcom and occasional game show host.

by Anonymousreply 363October 3, 2021 4:12 PM

I wonder if the Mayim Bialik Troll and the Tig Notaro Troll do lunch.

by Anonymousreply 364October 3, 2021 4:16 PM

[Quote] I see your point but feel it also bears mentioning that since taking that meaningless Harvard extension course Tyra has remained a business woman and has had continued success while Mayim, who attended an actual grad school, has left the field of neuroscience altogether to persue a career as a ‘star’ of a near-cancellation sitcom and occasional game show host.

That's rather silly of you. Tyra and Mayim both work in show business and both have made a mint.

by Anonymousreply 365October 3, 2021 4:16 PM

R360 PhD in neuroscience means having to take an advanced developmental biology and developmental genetic courses, which should be enough to not say things like “if a baby cannot make it through birth, it is not favored evolutionarily,” otherwise the program has failed you.

by Anonymousreply 366October 3, 2021 7:12 PM

To the person who said Mayim is an A list tv star and Neil is a b list entertainer, you’re smoking crack.

His career highlights include Doogie Howser, Starship Troppers, Undercover Brother, Harold and Kumar franchise, HIMYM, Hosting the emmys 3x, hosting the tonys 3x , and a memorable role in Gone Girl. He has a new Netflix show coming up, a new movie coming up on hbo max , and role in the new Matrix.

Mayim has blossom and a supporting role in Big Bang. His place in pop culture with always be bigger than hers.

by Anonymousreply 367October 3, 2021 7:25 PM

It ain't over yet.

by Anonymousreply 368October 3, 2021 7:29 PM

It’s hard to hate her, there’s something endearing about her even though she’s a creep and a nerd and said only pretty girls get raped and they ask for it.

by Anonymousreply 369October 3, 2021 7:34 PM

When a friend breaks a friendship over a minor event of impoliteness, usually its just an excuse that is used to solve a long running feeling that the friendship has reached an end. If NPH wanted to stay friends he could have found his way around the rude behavior and even called her out on it to find out the motivation. But not too heavy. This is how you smooth things over when you want to stay friends.

by Anonymousreply 370October 3, 2021 7:42 PM

She's so ugly when she became a doctor, the man handed her her PhD and said, "Now go give yourself some plastic surgery."

by Anonymousreply 371October 3, 2021 9:14 PM

I have a PhD

by Anonymousreply 372October 3, 2021 9:14 PM

r372

Doesn't everyone?

by Anonymousreply 373October 3, 2021 9:16 PM

So have I

by Anonymousreply 374October 3, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote]Higher education is a big business and it would be naive to believe admissions are solely based on merit.

And yet, for the 99.9% of unfamous students, they are.

by Anonymousreply 375October 3, 2021 9:23 PM

r373

No, I assure you they don't

by Anonymousreply 376October 3, 2021 9:27 PM

Mayim has BEACHES, which is a classic.

She's also hosting Jeopardy, which draws huge ratings.

[quote]Undercover Brother, Harold and Kumar franchise,

Neither of those are classics in any sense of the word.

by Anonymousreply 377October 3, 2021 9:39 PM

I'm not a cunt or a religious nut like Mayim but I do share her hate for musicals and divas in general.

by Anonymousreply 378October 4, 2021 1:09 AM

Some of you dementia patients need to take your meds and sit up and pay attention. Mayim is currently starring in her own sitcom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379October 4, 2021 2:12 AM

Dementia patient r380 also needs a reminder of how that turned out (and how much the new Night Court will be an improvement).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380October 4, 2021 2:19 AM

Mayim fired the show runner and got a Season 2 renewal.

by Anonymousreply 381October 4, 2021 3:17 AM

Wow. Swoozie Kurtz looks... alert.

by Anonymousreply 382October 4, 2021 10:45 AM

She should do an American version of "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme."

by Anonymousreply 383October 4, 2021 7:26 PM

[quote]Mayim has BEACHES, which is a classic.

And a Facts of Life backdoor pilot

by Anonymousreply 384October 4, 2021 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!