Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Where Can I Find This?

I was amazed to see this picture that someone took of an abandoned house, because it has the same wall hanging from Brian Keith's bedroom in "Family Affair". I can't tell if it's painted or cloth or what. Any ideas? Now I'm excited that it might be some kind of print and there might still be some out there. I've always wanted it since seeing the TV show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2021 7:52 PM

Here's the one from "Family Affair".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2021 10:51 PM

God, I wanted to live in that apartment. And have a giant front door with the doorknob smack in the middle!

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2021 10:52 PM

A cubed house.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2021 10:54 PM

I think Aunt Josie had the same in her living room.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2021 11:00 PM

Head right over to that abandoned house and rescue the tapestry!

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2021 11:00 PM

OP You fucking whore (I love you) I didn't know I wanted that until I saw it! FIND THIS!

I will pay a finder's fee!

by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2021 12:05 AM

Same design, different colors.

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2021 2:06 AM

I want this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2021 2:07 AM

Looks like an illustration from Alice and Martin Provensen

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2021 4:59 AM

OP, I love the mural too. It was probably a large scale wallpaper offered in the early 1960’s; most likely four paper sheets butted together. It’s striking, so I’m not surprised that a set designer or interior decorator would be attracted to it as an alternative to hanging yet another painting on a wall. In both the deserted house and FAMILY AFFAIR photos, the mural was used behind a bed.

The artistic style is reminiscent of Eyvind Earle’s animation in Disney’s 1958 SLEEPING BEAUTY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2021 8:11 AM

Well, now I'm curious about the home's previous owners and why it's abandoned and never sold.

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2021 9:51 AM

Gorgeous. I think I like the orange one in the house slightly better but both are fantastic. There must be someone out there who knows all about 1960s wall art. It looks like these designs were printed on fabric, framed for "Family Affair" but just attached directly to the wall in that house.

None of the set designers on the show are still around, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2021 10:05 AM

Sebastian Cabot still drives me insane with desire. I shoulda known back then it would come to this!!!

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2021 3:40 PM

Upon hearing some adult talk about how awful NY was I thought, how could anyone NOT want to live in NY?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2021 4:00 PM

So was Uncle Bill signifying he was hung like a horse?

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2021 4:43 PM

I couldn't find the mural in the OP but these might satisfy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2021 5:43 PM

How about something like this OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2021 6:00 PM

This is gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 24, 2021 6:06 PM

Similarly gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2021 6:13 PM

Tibor Reich?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2021 6:29 PM

OP, darling. You've never heard of the Princess Anne Period of decor?

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2021 6:45 PM

I saw some of those when I was searching for OP's mural r20, they're fantastic. I do think OP is looking for a linen mural or screenprint, they seem to be the most popular and would be easy enough to frame like the one in "Family Affair."

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2021 7:19 PM

Another Tibor Reich design as R20 found. Nice, and interesting, but his work has a busy quality compared to OP's with it's spareness and negative space.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2021 7:32 PM

*its

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2021 7:34 PM

Musical accompaniment to this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2021 7:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!