Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I bought some anise seeds. What can I do with them?

Apart from shoving them up my ass. I was thinking about making cookies. Any recipes that aren't too laborious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2021 7:09 PM

My husband puts fennel seed in when he cooks rice. Anise is a flavor very close to fennel, so you might try putting in a little when you cook rice.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2021 4:55 PM

Maybe tomato-based pasta sauces. Sausages go well with fennel seed, so it may go well with anise.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2021 4:58 PM

Are they still good?

Shove 'em up your ass, good things can't hurt you.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2021 5:01 PM

Make aniseaid!

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2021 5:01 PM

Well, Julie, I just wrote ANISE

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2021 5:01 PM

You can make candied anise seeds like you get in Indian restaurants. (They actually use fennel seeds, but anise will work.) Google for recipes.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2021 5:12 PM

Make biscotti, five spice powder or ras el hanout with them. You can also use them in speculaas spice mix for German baking.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2021 5:15 PM

Came in to check if the DL standard reply had been posted.

"Shove them/it up your ass."

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2021 5:18 PM

Make ouzo.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2021 5:20 PM

Grow some anises.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2021 5:21 PM

You could put them in a bottle of Vodka with a little sugar syrup for a few weeks and make a version of Sambuca.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2021 5:32 PM

Isn't that licorice flavor? I always hated licorice - only candy I can't eat.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2021 5:35 PM

Yes, r12, but it's a lighter licorice flavor.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2021 5:43 PM

These are all good suggestions, but I think I'm going to go ahead and shove them up my ass after all.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2021 5:48 PM

I hate licorice, too, but anise and fennel are good in savory foods, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2021 5:52 PM

saute some shrimp with some diced onion. Season w/ S&P. Flame with anise flavored liquor. Add a little chicken broth and sprinkle with anise seed. Serve over rice.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2021 5:58 PM

That sounds good r16. I agree with r15 I think anise is good in savory foods. I also like biscotti.

I read that dogs love anise. Should I give some to my rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2021 6:47 PM

That depends. Will you be shoving the seeds up your dog's ass?

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2021 6:57 PM

R14 op they will grow there and you will turn into a leafy anise.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2021 7:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!