Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is the most beautiful of these Top Supermodel’s from the 90’s?

Out of these 10 Supermodel’s, who would you say is the most beautiful?

According to Naomi, it’s Christy Turlington. I always liked Turlington but preferred Cindy, Tyra and Claudia because their looks were more commercial but they could still do high end and runways.

Who were your favs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 15, 2023 3:33 PM

I was going to put Elle Macpherson but I left her off for Stephanie.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2021 2:08 AM

Face: Cindy Crawford Body: Claudia Schiffer Cat walk: Naomi Campbell

Full package: Cindy Crawford

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2021 2:10 AM

Is Claudia still alive? You never ever hear about her anymore despite her name still being relevant in the modeling world.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2021 2:12 AM

Who cares about females?

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2021 2:13 AM

I used to find Claudia HOT HOT HOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2021 2:15 AM

Claudia is married to Matthew Vaughn, who many believe cheated on her and fathered January Jones' baby.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2021 2:18 AM

Tyra. She was super hot back then.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2021 2:18 AM

R6 because he did. She still to this day won’t say who her baby daddy is.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2021 2:19 AM

I never understood Kate Moss.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2021 2:27 AM

Tyra's body was perfection.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2021 2:27 AM

Tyra looked like a doll when she first broke out on the runway in the early 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2021 2:27 AM

R9 she was considered the “anti-Supermodel” type Supermodel. She was very unique at the time.

Marie Claire’s description of her …

No supermodel, or “anti-supermodel,” took the ‘90s by storm like Kate Moss. With her boyish, waifish figure and striking features, she was a far cry from the other cover girls of the time. The Croydon beauty was discovered at 14-years-old at JFK Airport by Sarah Doukas, the founder of Storm model agency, and found instant success covering every fashion magazine and booking international campaigns—none more famous than her controversial Calvin Klein underwear ads, which she starred in at just 18.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2021 2:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2021 2:36 AM

At least Norm Mcdonald got to have Elle before he died.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2021 2:39 AM

Supermodel’s what, OP?

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2021 2:39 AM

R14 didn’t know that. Good for Norm!

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2021 2:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2021 2:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2021 2:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2021 2:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2021 2:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2021 2:44 AM

Ypir made all these women look like butt ugly hags!!!

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2021 2:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2021 2:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2021 2:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2021 2:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2021 2:48 AM

Ok. All 10 ladies 90s runway clips

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2021 2:48 AM

Not mentioned: Paulina Porizkova.

Back then (per OP options): Naomi or Linda (with Christy/Cindy right behind).

Today: Christy.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2021 2:50 AM

Turlington really reminds me of Ashley Judd in the OP link photo.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2021 2:54 AM

R29 I see it.

I heard Turlington has always been very down to earth and nice. I always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2021 2:56 AM

Why no Ypir clips?

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2021 2:58 AM

Christy

Naomi

Linda

Tatiana

Tyra

Cindy

Stephanie

Claudia

Elle

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2021 3:27 AM

Linda was the most versatile. She could pull off tons of looks from classic, to high fashion, to crazy avant grade stuff and still look sophisticated in all of it.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2021 3:36 AM

I can’t take this poll seriously without me, THE supermodel of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2021 3:43 AM

Nadia Auermann should have been on the poll. The preferred body type at the time was not bottom-heavy like it is today. Auermann was known for her very long legs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2021 5:46 AM

Kate Moss, for me. Not "beautiful," but interesting with her wide-set eyes, bowed legs, etc. If you look at candid or street photos of her, she had her own style, even off-camera.

Linda Evangelista would be 2nd place for me. She was a "model" in the best sense of the word. Interesting facial features. Could pull of short hair, etc.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2021 5:48 AM

Linda

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2021 5:48 AM

Tyra was a supermodel for like 10 minutes until she switched to bikinis and lingerie and blew up.

Naomi and Kate for me. I’m a photographer, you can put any wig on them, put them in any time period, put them in any location and they connect.

I don’t feel like you can do that with some of the others, which is why Naomi and Kate have been working for so long. They can pull off anything.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2021 6:01 AM

The age of the supermodel is over. Today’s popular girls are an undeserving bunch of reality tv spawn who’ve had MAJOR plastic surgery just to qualify as “pretty.”

Bella Hadid is a fucking joke. I hope when she dies, she’s forced to stair at her original nose in a mirror for ethernity. You too, Kendall, ya fuckin’ mediocrity

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2021 6:04 AM

Melania, lol!!!

Jokes aside, I really think Yasmeen Ghauri was fucking gorgeous and would make this gold star gay go straight for her.

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2021 6:05 AM

Paulina Porizkova. Perhaps not the best-looking of all time but she was beautiful. Had class, style, and elegance in that untouchable 1950s/Grace Kelly kind of way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2021 6:29 AM

Porizkova also looks superb in her 50s, which is no small feat as our Eastern bloc genes don’t always age the best, and she hasn’t taken dramatic measures with plastic surgery/cosmetic interventions, etc. She is literally a model for growing old gracefully.

Thank you R41

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2021 7:02 AM

I met Christy Turlington at a reception once. Not a drop of pretension or arrogance. Nice as the reputation that precedes her.

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2021 7:07 AM

[quote]The age of the supermodel is over.

R.I.P.

Gisele in the 00's was the last true supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2021 7:50 AM

I met Elle MacPherson in the late 80s and she was phenomenally good looking. Tall and elongated in a way I've never seen before or since. Great skin, great hair, just great everything. There were some paparazzi waiting for her when she left and I remember all these guys yelling out "Elle you slut/whore/cunt!" in order to get her to look at them.

Pretty disgusting thing to do to someone.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2021 7:59 AM

Tyra does not count-nose job.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2021 8:05 AM

Niki Taylor was always lovely.

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2021 8:10 AM

Christy is most beautiful because she’s beautiful inside too. A few of these women are not.

Kate in person is stunning. I saw her, Naomi, and Johnny Depp out at Cafe Tabac in the 90s and she made the other two look ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2021 8:14 AM

Naomi is right, Christy always outshined them all when they took photos together. Christy just has perfect bone structure and the others next to her look strange and flat faced. like peasants next to a queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2021 8:16 AM

[quote] Tyra does not count-nose job.

gizelle bundchen and heidi klum also had nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2021 8:31 AM

Marie Helvin

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2021 8:46 AM

Marvin Hamlisch?

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2021 8:54 AM

Another vote for Nadja, especially her work with Mugler.

Boy did Anna Sui make some ugly clothes.

I love Naomi, but her walk makes me laugh. It's so over the top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2021 9:00 AM

When Tyra was a runway model she had her original nose dears. She got the nose job after becoming big.

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2021 9:22 AM

What are nose dears?

by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2021 9:25 AM

Lmao. Her original nose, dears.

by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2021 9:26 AM

RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2021 9:43 AM

I was always struck by how Tyra’s nose job completely “commercialized” her face. In hindsight, it was probably a smart move on her part since the era of the high-fashion supermodel was on its way out. Sad though because Tyra pre-nose job >>>> Tyra post-nose job.

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2021 9:44 AM

I don’t see any beauty in Kate Moss. Maybe if someone has a hankering for council estate trash or they want to take her from behind and pretend she’s a boy.

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2021 9:53 AM

I always thought Shalom Harlow was very pretty. I even think she’s an interesting actress.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2021 9:58 AM

I never liked Turlington because her nose looked like a rhinoplasty gone wrong. Crawford was a bit too athletic for my liking, and Linda Evangelista and Tatjana Patitz were never traditional beauties, even though they were both stunning girls. Kate Moss always reminded me of a wet, malnourished rat.

It's hard to pick one girl from the list, because all the girls were so different and beautiful back in the days, and now all models look the same when they're rolling their IV drips down the runway. Bags of bones with zero charisma or personality.

Based on Op's list, I would go with Christensen, Campbell, and Schiffer when it comes to beauty. Schiffer never had much of a personality, her features were beautiful when she was young, but haven't aged well. Helena Christensen always reminded me of old Hollywood when glammed up, beautiful girl. Naomi was perfection, perfect face and body, and her runway walk is iconic, and she still looks almost the same.

My favorite 90s supermodel will always be Paulina Porizkova who had the highest paying contract with Lauder back in the days. She's one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2021 10:41 AM

I've told these stories on here before, but as we're talking about supermodels, this was my experience:

Naomi Campbell - Worked on a shoot with her in the 90s. Tall, very, very slim and much darker in person. Nothing much to look at until the camera started going and then BAM! The supermodel arrived and it was electrifying. Came across as sweet and giggly, not at all diva-like, so her later antics were a bit of a surprise.

Linda Evangelista - Attended a fashion show where she was the special guest. This was in the early 2000's and her heyday was a little on the wane. She was quite big at the time and even cracked a couple of jokes about not fitting into some of the clothes. Did have great, thick lustrous hair and razor sharp features. I also took a long cab ride once an the driver told me that her was her personal cab driver when she was in town and how sweet and fun she was - always up for a laugh and sightseeing. Showed me pics and everything!

Helena Christensen - Saw her twice in the 80s. Once getting out of a cab with Michael Hutchence and again in a shop in London. Very attractive but terrible skin with noticeable acne scars on her cheeks.

Cindy Crawford - She and I attended the same book launch. She was very thin and had the biggest face and head I have ever seen on a woman. Attractive but in a very structural way, if that makes sense. Also had an absolute HEAP of makeup on. I mean REALLY caked on. But her makeup artist knew what he was doing because in photos from the event she looked completely natural and very Cindy-like. The camera didn't just love her, it worshipped her.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2021 11:08 AM

R45 Poor Elle. At the height of Ellemania, in late 1992, one guy threw himself to his death from the hotel's 6th floor of her Adelaide fashion show, he had earlier accosted Elle onstage hurling insults. Elle was very shaken, and was actually very sympathetic with the man and his family. There were tens of thousands waiting at her live events during this time, hoping to catch a glimpse of her. Madness.

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2021 11:25 AM

I can see Kate being a real bombshell during the Depp era. When I saw her in the 2010s, she was not all that striking. Pretty well-groomed, thin. Not gorgeous, not rough, somewhere in-between. At least she survived the dark times of the industry and seems to be doing okay.

Naomi seemed like such a light-hearted sweetheart early in her career, it's just shocking how much she changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2021 11:43 AM

Isn't Tyra Banks more of an early 2000s model? Paulina Porizkova is more of 80s model?

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2021 11:49 AM

Norm MacDonald died? How did I miss that?

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2021 11:52 AM

R65, Porizkova got her start in the 80s, but was the official face of Lauder until 1995. I think she should be up there with the other 90s supermodels.

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2021 11:53 AM

R65 Tyra was walking runways since 1991, was one of the new big models featured in George Michael’s 1992 music video, and became a household name in the mid-90s with her famous SI cover. How is that a 00s model???

Also, r58, I agree her nose job pushed her into a more commercialized career, but her famous SI cover that made her famous had her original nose still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2021 11:53 AM

I actually found Tyra more beautiful before the nose job. Her face had more character with it. Afterwards she looked more like a pin-up girl.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2021 11:54 AM

I can't believe so many people say Linda Evangelista. She is probably one of the least attractive supermodels to me. I said Cindy Crawford because I remember being shocked by her beauty the first time I saw her, which was in that Pepsi ad.

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2021 11:55 AM

Most of the 90s supermodels started in the late 80s but are 90s supermodels because that is when they became stars and prominent in the industry.

Tyra and Kate Moss both started and became big during the 90s. Linda, Naomi and Christy all took Kate Moss under their wing and trained her. Tyra did not get that same treatment.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2021 11:56 AM

R70 I think that’s because Cindy has a very commercial look, Linda doesn’t. Cindy is that rare Supermodel who can also be classified as a bombshell.

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2021 11:57 AM

R72, yes, but at the same time Cindy always had a more masculine look than the other supermodels, which is why she now looks like Caitlyn Jenner’s sister.

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2021 12:10 PM

Naomi wins for me. One of the most beautiful women of all time then and now. Natural perfection. Kate is my favorite model of all time but Idont always find her beautiful or even pretty. I just find her fascinating as a model.

by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2021 12:28 PM

True r68 - At least that cover is with her original (or closer to original) nose. I was thinking more of her VS Angels days, particularly as part of the triumvirate with Gisele and Heidi.

The more that I think about it, I don’t think I could pick a “most beautiful” or “best” from the supermodel era. They all had their strengths and unique qualities. I will say Naomi and Yasmeen G (that waist!), to this day, have the best catwalks and Linda probably the strongest print portfolio.

by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2021 12:58 PM

^r58

by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2021 12:59 PM

Cindy had the most commercial and striking look. She was like Madonna of fashion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2021 1:02 PM

The 90s supermodels were absolutely stunning and iconic. Not like so called models nowadays 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2021 1:03 PM

Their hey day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2021 1:04 PM

Everyone gets old. Here are recent photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2021 1:05 PM

Karen Mulder was very pretty too...I guess she was more 'supermodel-adjacent'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2021 1:14 PM

Linda E was the only true super model!!

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2021 1:39 PM

Tyra’s original nose wasn’t all that wide to begin with

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2021 1:55 PM

Linda Evangelista can never be topped. Claudia Schiffer is a good second. Then the rest.

by Anonymousreply 84September 16, 2021 2:01 PM

It's gotta be Linda

by Anonymousreply 85September 16, 2021 2:07 PM

[quote]Linda was the most versatile. She could pull off tons of looks from classic, to high fashion, to crazy avant grade stuff and still look sophisticated in all of it.

Yes, but how is that possible? She's a [italic]Taurus[/italic]. They don't like too much change all the time.

by Anonymousreply 86September 16, 2021 2:10 PM

R39, you think lots of models in the past didn't have work done? Christy Turlington had a nose job

by Anonymousreply 87September 16, 2021 2:28 PM

Naomi or Christy.

[quote]I really think Yasmeen Ghauri was fucking gorgeous

She was, cross Stephanie Seymour's name off OP's list and replace it with Yasmeen.

[quote]Naomi is right, Christy always outshined them all when they took photos together. Christy just has perfect bone structure and the others next to her look strange and flat faced. like peasants next to a queen.

Not a big name but I always thought Brandi Quinones was beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 16, 2021 2:48 PM

I liked them all….they were “girl power” before the Spice Girls…have seen Naomi and Cindy up close in a few work/party situations and they were both stunning…still are…Naomi can wear almost anything and get away with it…

by Anonymousreply 89September 16, 2021 2:56 PM

Naomi is striking

by Anonymousreply 90September 16, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote]Cindy always had a more masculine look than the other supermodels,

[quote]Linda Evangelista… She was a "model" in the best sense of the word. Interesting facial features. Could pull of short hair, etc.

[quote]Linda Evangelista and Tatjana Patitz were never traditional beauties

Naomi & Linda are both in this old episode of MTV's House of Style hosted by Cindy Crawford.

I never had an opinion on Cindy Crawford but watching her face as she talks she did have a "more masculine look than the other supermodels."

I agree with R36 and R61, Linda was not traditionally beautiful, she had interesting facial features and she photographed well but she's nothing special in this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 16, 2021 4:24 PM

I think Shalom Harlow did have the most conventionally beautiful face, more than Christy Turlington.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 16, 2021 4:56 PM

Christy was the prettiest. Cindy was the sexiest.

by Anonymousreply 93September 16, 2021 5:21 PM

Tyra and Claudia and Cindy were the sexiest

by Anonymousreply 94September 16, 2021 6:02 PM

Amber Valletta was (and still is) gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 95September 16, 2021 6:04 PM

Karla Bruni, jet setty and the supermodel with "pedigree". Kristen McMenamy, spectacular jolie-laide who came in with the Kate Moss wave.

by Anonymousreply 96September 16, 2021 6:13 PM

Tyra and Claudia are certainly lovely but there are hundreds of Tyras and Claudias walking the streets of Manhattan. Naomi, Christy, Linda, Cindy--these are one-of-a-kind beauties.

by Anonymousreply 97September 16, 2021 6:17 PM

Vendala

by Anonymousreply 98September 16, 2021 6:32 PM

Kim Alexis

by Anonymousreply 99September 16, 2021 6:33 PM

Kate Moss was one of a kind

by Anonymousreply 100September 16, 2021 6:47 PM

Kim Alexis was a 70s and 80s model.

I was surprised to learn that Christy Turlington had a nose job. Apparently, she was still a teen and the results had some concerned it would ruin her career. It must have settled because it fits her delicate bone structure. The pre-surgery nose was much broader.

She and Evangebeasta had the most exotic looks (of the elites) which put them in a totally different orbit, but Christy had a softer, more approachable look. Linda was more dragon lady

by Anonymousreply 101September 16, 2021 7:09 PM

Christy had a shitty nose job. She's lucky everything else compensated. Cindy looks like her son here, not Kaia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 16, 2021 7:13 PM

I always liked Turlington

by Anonymousreply 103September 16, 2021 7:21 PM

More importantly, which supermodel was/is not a complete BITCH? You hear so much about Teigen and Naomi being raging cunts, who is actually nice?

by Anonymousreply 104September 16, 2021 7:32 PM

That's Christy Turlington, R104.

by Anonymousreply 105September 16, 2021 7:34 PM

Teigen is not a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 106September 16, 2021 7:37 PM

Veronica Webb was stunning

WEHT her?

by Anonymousreply 107September 16, 2021 7:43 PM

More of a top model than a true supermodel, but Heather Stewart-Whyte was gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 16, 2021 7:47 PM

R108 she looks like Ana De Armas

by Anonymousreply 109September 16, 2021 8:30 PM

Veronica Webb is in the documentary about 90s models (Catwalk). There are some big players missing. Interesting doc, tho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 16, 2021 9:00 PM

Linda’s quirky facial features were what made her successful. She photographed well from all angles and looked interesting no matter how she was made up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 16, 2021 9:01 PM

Linda and Cindy Crawford give me Raquel Welch vibes. I think they all have Hispanic or Latin backgrounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 16, 2021 9:04 PM

The thing that made Linda such a hit with the gays is that she kinda looked like a mixture of a pretty man with a handsome woman. She photographed extremely well.

by Anonymousreply 113September 16, 2021 9:13 PM

I’ve seen Turlington, Paulina and Tyra Banks in person. This would be years after their peak modeling days. Tyra in person is the most impressive because she’s really tall and imposing. You’ d walk by Paulina and Turlington In the street now and not really noice them.

by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2021 9:46 PM

….notice…Paulina is quite short for a model.

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2021 9:47 PM

Kate Moss is also short for a model

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2021 9:54 PM

Yeah, Kate Moss was like 5'7" or 5'6", which is short for a model.

Niki Taylor looked and still looks basic to me. No, I'm no beauty queen, either. She's the one that Dionne Warwick called "hussy," as in, "I got your number, hussy." (Celebrity Apprentice.)

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2021 10:05 PM

I liked Niki Taylor. I always found her so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2021 10:08 PM

We saw Tyra in the 34th street Macy’s a decade ago. She was tall and beautiful, with bodyguards.

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2021 11:14 PM

Christy Turlington gets my vote for the most beautiful. Linda Evangelista for the best print model. Naomi Campbell for best runway model. These three girls were truly the Trinity of the 90's Supermodels. Such an exciting time in the fashion world! An entirely different climate than today. These girls "made it" because they had the "it" factor unlike the so called Jenner/Hadid "supermodels" of today. Giselle had it. Imaan Hamman and Karlie Kloss and Coco Rocha are girls that have "it" today but the creativity in the industry seems deflated and most of the older girls who are still working seem to have much more character when compared to most of the new girls. Fashion will have to recreate that moment again organically but it seems it hasn't happened yet.

by Anonymousreply 120September 17, 2021 1:25 AM

I think there are some good models today. Joan Smalls is stunning. I like Anna Ewers and Lou Schoof, too

by Anonymousreply 121September 17, 2021 2:10 AM

Y'all know Caitlyn Jenner modeled herself after Cindy Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 122September 17, 2021 7:50 AM

[quote]Fashion will have to recreate that moment again organically but it seems it hasn't happened yet.

It probably won't happen again. The '90s supermodel phenomenon was a happy accident, but the ending of it was deliberate on the part of fashion designers. This has been discussed in books, videos, and magazine articles about that time.

During the '90s, models who represented classic or traditional ideas of beauty were still hired, but there was also an interest in using models with mixed ethnicity. Christy has El Salvadoran blood. Naomi has Jamaican and Chinese ancestry. Helena is Danish and Peruvian. The industry also liked women with an ambiguous ethnicity. In photos, with the right makeup, Cindy could look Latina, Middle Eastern, or Italian. Linda could pull off any hairstyle, hair color, and yes – various skin tones (see Linda's Cuban look, below).

Gianni Versace was the designer instrumental in building the supermodel momentum because he routinely used the big print models as runway models for his shows. Before that, there was often a separation of duties. A print model had the beautiful face used for big ad campaigns and commercials. A runway model had the walk and the right dimensions to fit the sample sizes, but she didn't necessarily have a memorable face.

Instead of '90s actresses, supermodels were the main symbols of glamour for the media. They got more attention than the clothes. Runway shows became more expensive to produce, but hiring supermodels for them ensured a lot of press coverage. Designers soon resented this and were tired of paying the high salaries the top models could demand. Yet, these designers profited greatly from these women who were mainstream famous. They felt they were held hostage by the clout models held. In their eyes, the phenomenon was a Frankenstein's monster they couldn't control.

The power players in fashion can say an unremarkable model is a muse and everyone else falls in line and agrees. It's an oligarchy. The industry ended the supermodels by promoting their opposite. Enter Kate Moss. The press criticized Kate a lot when she got noticed for her Calvin Klein ads. They thought she was anorexic and that her image would encourage eating disorders in young girls. She was backed by designers, but she wasn't the public's newest darling as some history revisionists would like you to believe.

Instead of self-assured women with some curves, the next group of models were skinnier, adolescent-looking women with passive personalities. Designers stopped using walks that were sexy. They discouraged an independent "attitude". Cindy even said in an interview on VH1 that, by the mid-90s, models were expected to pose and walk in a subdued manner. Reticent, not confident, was the desired trend. The glamazon was replaced by the waifs. Then came heroin chic. Today, we have nepotism hires and amateurish models who are interchangeable and forgettable. Hey, but the clothes aren't overshadowed anymore, right? People often ask why they don't bring supermodel types back. The industry doesn't want models to have that much power again.

[quote]Who is the most beautiful of these Top Supermodel’s from the 90’s(sic)?

Hard to choose. There were many uniquely beautiful women then. I used to think Cindy because she had a healthy body and an approachable persona to go with her looks. She turned into another Hollywood creature. I choose Christy. She's a class act often described as a down-to-earth; a beauty inside and out who never succumbed to all the hype.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 17, 2021 12:09 PM

The “Big Five” supermodels: then and now

Long before there was Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid, there were the “Big Five”. Cindy Crawford, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, and Claudia Schiffer, the original ’90s supermodels. With their mile-long legs, iconic haircuts, and million-dollar faces, in the 1990s, they were some of the most recognizable women in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 17, 2021 12:32 PM

You can see the beauty the Big Five supermodels of the 90s in the video below. Cindy has the most striking beautiful look of them all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 17, 2021 12:38 PM

Christy has been happily married the very fuckable and low key Ed Burns for almost 20 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 17, 2021 12:45 PM

The Big Five have been called the Big Six at times, with the sixth person changing numerous times. Because of that they kept it the Big Five.

Tatjana was a part of the “Big Six” at one point.

by Anonymousreply 127September 17, 2021 12:58 PM

Sorry, Tatjana was “The Big Five”. The five women in the George Michael video were “The Big Five”. Tatjana was later replaced by Claudia Schiffer, who took the world by storm.

It later changed to “The Big Six” when Kate Moss became a big deal.

“For a while this group of models were known as “the Big Five”, but the term slowly evolved to describe Campbell, Crawford, Evangelista, Turlington and Claudia Schiffer (who replaced Patitz). This became “the Big Six” when a young Kate Moss came onto the scene.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 17, 2021 1:04 PM

R124 Schiffer was a replacement, not an original member of that core group.

Kate Moss’ impact ended up making it The Big Six.

R123 there is no revisionism when it comes to Moss. Her CK ads made her famous. Just because some criticized her and there was some controversy doesn’t mean she wasn’t a big deal. She very much was.

by Anonymousreply 129September 17, 2021 1:07 PM

I still remember vividly Cindy, Naomi and Claudia were internationally recognized supermodels back then and were household names. There was always a direct competition back then between Claudia and Cindy as to who was the most popular and made the most money. It was so fun back then

by Anonymousreply 130September 17, 2021 1:26 PM

R129: Kate was a big deal for fashion designers, who control the industry. As I already mentioned, it's an oligarchy. They promoted her to death. She was part of their solution to end the supermodel phenomenon. I was a teenager during this time and clearly remember that she wasn't embraced quickly like Cindy and Claudia. The public and the general media took some time to warm up to Kate because she was the waif: the antithesis of the polished supermodel, when she appeared on the scene. To their eyes, she wasn't sexy. She seemed passive. She looked malnourished and immature. Kate eventually developed her own fashion style. She worked hard and had a long career, but ultimately fashion designers determine who gets to stay. If they hadn't promoted her, she could've easily disappeared from the industry.

The glamazon supermodels before Kate were also promoted by designers, but their fame was augmented because the mainstream public was interested in them, not just followers of fashion. This interest was not surprising, considering the supermodels were young women who looked like grown women, not adolescents. The top tier were beautiful, not quirky or odd-looking. They had some womanly curves and were confident in their sexiness. They weren't bland and subdued. All of that appeals to people who aren't interested in fashion, like straight men. The mainstream public wanted a continuation of types like Cindy, Helena, and Claudia.

They weren't clamoring for the waifs, who weren't considered sex symbols by the media. The waifs were pushed into the spotlight. The public became used to them and eventually that's what fashion models were supposed to look like, with the exception of outliers like Gisele. Then designers got really fucked up with their ideas and promoted the heroin chic trend, which President Clinton publicly criticized. Models as strung-out addicts.

You often hear people say, "I wish they brought the supermodels back." You don't hear them say, "I wish they brought the waifs back." The waifs never really left.

by Anonymousreply 131September 17, 2021 1:56 PM

R131 Kate Moss was a big deal. Those who loved the supermodels like Cindy took time to warm up to Kate because she didn’t fit the mold the others did. She was short and boyish.

But others loved her for that exact reason some didn’t care for her.

Her name was all over, not just designers dear.

I was around at the time too, dear. I very much remember Kate Moss. And the designers didn’t make her a household name, she was doing CK before they started using her more. CK made her a name. Her ads with Marky Mark all over the world made her name.

by Anonymousreply 132September 17, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote] CK made her a name.

And Calvin Klein is a designer, dear, who promoted her. It worked for him, so other designers followed suit. Designers made Kate, not the mainstream public.

As a Kate stan, you don't seem to understand that the public doesn't dictate to designers which models should be hired and promoted. It's the other way around. Designers call the shots and say Karlie Kloss is an iconic beauty and the public eventually shrugs and accepts the hype. With Cindy and Claudia, the public didn't need convincing. With Kate, the mainstream public (the majority of which aren't fashion followers) didn't easily accept her. She was quirky-looking, boyish and short (as you wrote). I remember classmates and relatives saying, "Why is she a model? She needs to eat more."

by Anonymousreply 133September 17, 2021 2:15 PM

I served them all circa 2000-2006, and Christy T was the winner.

by Anonymousreply 134September 17, 2021 2:19 PM

CK didn’t push her. She was background to his star Mark. She was nothing but an object in those ads, and they made her a star.

by Anonymousreply 135September 17, 2021 2:21 PM

Mark needed to talk less. But whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 17, 2021 2:22 PM

Paulina is 5’10”. That’s not short for a model, and is the same height as Turlington and Banks…

by Anonymousreply 137September 17, 2021 2:25 PM

I was hugely into the Supermodels when I was in college in the '90s, I still adore George Michael's Freedom '90 video, which I just recently discovered was directed by David Fincher. I wasn't nearly as fond as the follow-up 'Too Funky' video., since there was no Turlington, Campbell or Crawford in it. I always viewed Turlington as the most beautiful, I like Evangelista but always thought she was more to a gay male's taste than anything else. I was never too fond of Schiffer since she was essentially chosen for the Guess campaign that made her famous because of her resemblance to Bardot. In my dotage I appreciate Shalom Harlow's looks, as well as Karen Muldaur (who I understand has had a rough time of it) and Estelle Hallyday.

by Anonymousreply 138September 17, 2021 2:50 PM

One of my favorites was Shana Zadrick, a Cindy Crawford-Linda Evangelista hybrid who had magnificent hair but a limited range of expression. She was everywhere for a hot moment but disappeared once the waif movement started. Meisel and Ellen Von Unwerth captured her over-the-top carnal look the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 17, 2021 2:57 PM

R138 I like “Too Funky”, which was Evangelista leading the way with a bunch of the new younger crop of models who were becoming big at the time, like Estelle and Tyra.

by Anonymousreply 140September 17, 2021 3:07 PM

No matter who was your favorite back then, there was something so satisfying in watching these middle or even working class women rise to the top on natural looks and charisma alone.

Nowadays you have rich cunts with no charimsa at all getting plastic-surgeried to death. They are vomit inducing. Shame on the fashion industry for giving these fakes fame.

by Anonymousreply 141September 17, 2021 4:23 PM

R141 completely agree with you

by Anonymousreply 142September 17, 2021 4:30 PM

R141, natural looks? No, not always. You're delusional if you think none of these women had plastic surgery. It's weird that you think women being rewarded just for being attractive is some sort of huge achievement

by Anonymousreply 143September 17, 2021 4:36 PM

R143 It may not be an achievement, but it's aspirational and there's nothing wrong with appreciating beauty for the sake of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 144September 17, 2021 4:58 PM

I honestly don't think that most of the general thinks that there is much of a line between being a good film actor and being a model. Generally I assume most people think that being either one is the equivalent to winning the lottery.

by Anonymousreply 145September 17, 2021 6:12 PM

[quote][R141], natural looks? No, not always. You're delusional if you think none of these women had plastic surgery. It's weird that you think women being rewarded just for being attractive is some sort of huge achievement

Few of them had plastic surgery during their heyday. Yes, that’s Linda’s natural nose, and it’s part of what made her look interesting.

Nowadays, do you think anyone would give those Jenner or Hadid girls a second look with their hideous original faces??

by Anonymousreply 146September 17, 2021 7:47 PM

There’s nothing wrong with getting a nose job etc. one surgery doesn’t mean you have a completely new face.

by Anonymousreply 147September 17, 2021 7:54 PM

Kendall Jenner has a new face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 17, 2021 7:56 PM

R148 yes. The new ones do a lot more than they admit. I’m speaking about 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 149September 17, 2021 7:58 PM

R146, Gigi's been modeling since she was a little kid. She didn't have plastic surgery

And you guys are really deluding yourself if you think no one had plastic surgery in the 80s or 90s

by Anonymousreply 150September 17, 2021 8:00 PM

Let’s not even start on her fug-ass hoe sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 17, 2021 8:00 PM

Kylie's not even a model.

by Anonymousreply 152September 17, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote]And you guys are really deluding yourself if you think no one had plastic surgery in the 80s or 90s

Here’s Linda Evangelista at age 17. The extent of the “work” she had done is that she cut her hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 17, 2021 8:03 PM

Even the old school models did get plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 154September 17, 2021 8:03 PM

R153, apparently you think one person represents everyone. I never said Linda in particular had work done, I said some models did have work back then.

But try that logic on the "everything was better in MY DAY" queens

by Anonymousreply 155September 17, 2021 8:05 PM

At some point, immediately after the heyday, I believe Cindy Crawford got an upper blepharoplasty. Her eyelids were always somewhat hooded. It was really noticeable to me, but nobody said anything.

Here's a photo. I think she's had a couple of eye lifts, probably. So, this one's maybe a 2nd eyelift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 17, 2021 8:08 PM

[R156] Yes, there was a point when I remember looking at Cindy's photos and wondering if it was really her. Never thought it was an eye job but now that I see it you are right. Wherever it was, she was never as attractive after as she was before.

by Anonymousreply 157September 17, 2021 8:12 PM

Why is OP grayed out? Who is this person reporting threat-less threads all of the time? I’m newer to this site and already kind of over it. I thought it was a fun place for gay men to interact and joke and discuss when I stumbled upon it via Google, but within a few months I have seen more mental disorders and made up stories and people being grayed out for no reason than I care to. I mean a thread about Supermodels offended someone?

by Anonymousreply 158September 17, 2021 8:13 PM

Cindy Crawford looks exactly like Caitlyn Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 159September 17, 2021 8:18 PM

R 123 The Supermodel moment may never come around again as you say but it seems that everything eventually does come around again in the world of fashion, albeit in a different way. A bit difficult now in this Big Is Beautiful moment we are living through. Designers are not so much in control of it as some would think with the pressure of having to use "healthier" (i.e.heavier) girls on the runway or in ads.

Amber Valetta, Shalom Harlow and Carolyn Murphy had their time in the spotlight a bit behind the original group of Supermodels. They still work today from time to time and still have that "it" factor.

That 90's moment was a fun moment. I was very friendly with the booking agent of most of these top girls (other than Christy) but they were certainly wielding a lot of power. This is something that was rectified in bringing in the waify, more anonymous girls. The fashion at this time was really good. Versace, Lagerfeld, Montana, Mugler, Alaia , Galliano, Gaultier were also big personalities. Now the designers also seem total a back seat to the brand name itself. Also, this was all well before the Me Too movement. The girls were much more sexualized back then in ways that would no longer be acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 160September 17, 2021 8:40 PM

R 153 That shot of Linda Evangelista at 17 is fabulous. Truly a Star Is Born through the camera lens great!

by Anonymousreply 161September 17, 2021 8:45 PM

Paulina’s Estée Lauder campaign produced some of the most gorgeous modeling shots ever, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 162September 17, 2021 8:52 PM

R160, hardly any models are "heavy" - they are as skinny as ever. Damn, people here will flat-out invent things to justify their point of view

by Anonymousreply 163September 17, 2021 9:17 PM

Cindy Crawford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 17, 2021 11:14 PM

Cindy Crawford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 17, 2021 11:15 PM

Cindy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 17, 2021 11:16 PM

Cindy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 17, 2021 11:16 PM

r135 Then he dropped Mark cause he wasn't cool anymore, but kept Kate on for a long time after.

by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2021 11:37 PM

r139 I liked her too! She was like the dark counterpart to Claudia in the Guess ads.

by Anonymousreply 169September 17, 2021 11:39 PM

r151 At the very least Kylie isn't being shoved down our throats as a "supermodel," she's more of a personality/influencer.

by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2021 11:43 PM

Kate Moss was the beginning of the end of the supermodels era.

by Anonymousreply 171September 17, 2021 11:50 PM

Kendall Jenner has the face of a pig.

by Anonymousreply 172September 18, 2021 5:32 AM

I am glad to see Linda at the top of the poll. She was always my favorite (along with Kristen McMenamy, who still looks amazing, btw). Linda was on the Australian version of "Top Model" maybe 6 or 7 years ago as a guest judge on one of the episodes. She seemed quite depressed and bitter, in addition to having gained quite a bit of weight. It made me sad, because during her heyday she seemed to have such a vibrant, magnetic personality in the photos and George Michael videos and also in "Unzipped" (albeit also just a touch bitchy). Probably the child support trial vs billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault took a lot out of her, leading to her weight gain and subdued state. She never really "bounced back" afterwards and now looks a bit dowdy, in my opinion (compared to today's Naomi and Christy, that is). Those are the only two from the poll that look amazing today, in my humble opinion. Cindy ruined her face with plastic surgery, and Kate looks old, alcoholic and haggard.

by Anonymousreply 173September 18, 2021 9:09 PM

[quote]Bella Hadid is a fucking joke. I hope when she dies, she’s forced to stair at her original nose in a mirror for ethernity.

Yeah, that nose was no fucking joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 18, 2021 10:02 PM

I came across the Vogue video and was surprised how old Bella looks and that the surgery is really obvious. Nose job looks terrible. She does come across well even if she is doing the standard "I've come to love me" angle that young female celebs do all the time now. Also has a noticeable bald spot which is unusual at her age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 18, 2021 10:58 PM

One Supermodel flanked by two hatchet-faced nepotism hoes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 18, 2021 11:02 PM

Kendall Jennertaylia had a good look for an 80s Sears catalogue.

by Anonymousreply 177September 19, 2021 3:53 AM

Gigi is pretty. Carla Bruni should send Bella's surgeons a cease and desist order.

by Anonymousreply 178September 19, 2021 3:57 AM

Bella tries to recreate the early 90's supermodel era vibe, but clearly fails.

by Anonymousreply 179September 19, 2021 5:17 AM

Is Bella still claiming no surgeries?

by Anonymousreply 180September 19, 2021 5:17 AM

[Quote]Carla Bruni should send Bella's surgeons a cease and desist order.

This x 100%

by Anonymousreply 181September 19, 2021 5:24 AM

R180 yes. She claims she never had surgery

by Anonymousreply 182September 19, 2021 3:43 PM

Bella Hadid looks like a Russian prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 183September 20, 2021 11:13 PM

Now we know why Linda Evangelista never posts pictures of her current self on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 23, 2021 12:38 PM

Here's a story on her lawsuit.

Cindy sent her a nice response on that Instagram post.

[quote]cindycrawford (Verified) Linda—your strength and true essence are forever recognizable and iconic! Bravo! 💋•

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 25, 2021 12:52 AM

We have a whole thread discussing Linda’s claimed “disfigurement”…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 25, 2021 1:17 AM

Linda Evangelista was completely transformable (with Kevyn Aucoins artistry helping, sidenote, why he is never really discussed here is a bit if a mystery given how much discussion takes place about his 'canvases'.) She could work ANY look, cut, color, 'mood', and went from editorial to mass market appeal with ease.

Turlington and Seymour were the classic beauties, Schiffer and Christensen were more sultry, Crawford was also beautiful but more commercial.

by Anonymousreply 187September 25, 2021 10:39 PM

I was wondering where Linda had been. Cosmetic procedures are not fool proof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 26, 2021 12:21 AM

Bella Hadid took *way* too much off the bridge of her nose (esp. about 1/3rd of the way down). I don't understand. The doctor had so much to work with (not being sarcastic) and you go that far down? I predict she will go back in there (with a surgeon) and build that bridge back up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 26, 2021 12:38 AM

IMO, Kendall Jenner had really good plastic surgery. She had an upper eye lift and increased the space between her eyebrow and eyes (must have involved a brow lift as well). Nose job for sure. Teeth done as well. Lips look injected.

I think she also had the outer corners of her eyes lifted as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 26, 2021 12:42 AM

Tyra is not a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 191September 26, 2021 12:44 AM

R191 she is.

by Anonymousreply 192September 26, 2021 12:46 AM

Well she comes in DEAD LAST in these results so apparently she is not.

Elle Macpherson deserved that 10th spot, not swimsuit model Tyra.

by Anonymousreply 193September 26, 2021 12:52 AM

Ummm because she is least voted means she wasn’t a supermodel? She was regardless.

Someone has to be last.

by Anonymousreply 194September 26, 2021 12:54 AM

The point is, she is dead last because she doesn’t belong in the list.

by Anonymousreply 195September 26, 2021 12:55 AM

R139, I LOVED Shana Zadrick. She reminded me of the legendary drag queen Tandi Andrews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 26, 2021 12:56 AM

She does.

by Anonymousreply 197September 26, 2021 12:57 AM

Tyra was not a supermodel proper. The Supermodels of the Supermodel era. Tyra became a huge celebrity model. An all around celebrity who's offiicial brand was "model". After the Supermodel era, the term "supermodel" was appropriately applied back in time, and forward in time. So now we can say something like Lauren Hutton was a supermodel. And Gisele Bündchen was a supermodel. Though neither belong to the club of supermodels of the defining age. Get it? You probably can't understand this.

by Anonymousreply 198September 26, 2021 12:57 AM

whose

by Anonymousreply 199September 26, 2021 12:57 AM

Brandi Quinones with Linda and Nadja.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 26, 2021 12:59 AM

Omg. She became a Supermodel before going commercial and becoming a celebrity. She was not a celebrity who modeled like actors and pop stars do. Stop LYING

by Anonymousreply 201September 26, 2021 12:59 AM

Sorry honey, no. Tyra was not a supermodel when she was a model. It was applied afterward as an honorarium due to her huge celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 202September 26, 2021 1:01 AM

She was a Supermodel dear. She broke runway records.

by Anonymousreply 203September 26, 2021 1:02 AM

What the hell is a "runway record"? Tyra was a Top Model. She had a gorgeous curvy figure and a great walk. Her face often looked like dropped pie.

by Anonymousreply 204September 26, 2021 1:04 AM

R203 Ok I saw for myself - read it here. I suppose if WIKI says Tyra is a supermodel, who am I to argue. I bow out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 26, 2021 1:11 AM

Would Tyra have been in the Too Funky video if she wasn't a supermodel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 26, 2021 1:26 AM

Well Julie Newmar was the star of that one! Anyway I ceded. Tyra was a supermodel. (sorta)

by Anonymousreply 207September 26, 2021 1:35 AM

Was Emma Sjoberg a supermodel too, dear?

by Anonymousreply 208September 26, 2021 1:37 AM

Please, Tyra probably wrote herself into that Wikipedia article. She is thirsty enough to do it!

by Anonymousreply 209September 26, 2021 4:09 AM

Cindy Crawford hands down. She was the total package.

by Anonymousreply 210September 26, 2021 4:11 AM

Linda was really beautiful with longer hair. Why on earth would they ask her to cut it?

by Anonymousreply 211September 26, 2021 4:18 AM

R206 love that video

Tyra is in the supermodel sphere, it was pretty well known that many magazine covers, shows, shoots would have either Naomi or Tyra (largely bc Tyra was younger and Campbell wasn't trying to compete with a novice for a niche spot, but at times, they were booking the same work, where Naomi was supposedly a total bitch to Tyra).

On the other hand, she was trying her hand at acting and more commercial work, so the argument that she wasn't as elitist in selection as Campbell, and diluted her own 'supermodel ' status isn't unfounded. She also appealed to a wider market because of her build.

by Anonymousreply 212September 26, 2021 3:28 PM

Never saw Tyra as a true Supermodel. But I'm no expert nor do I care to be.

by Anonymousreply 213September 27, 2021 7:47 PM

Classically beautiful - Helena Christiansen

Maxim cover model hot - Schiffer or Crawford

Vogue hot - Evangelista

by Anonymousreply 214September 27, 2021 8:26 PM

Best Walker -Naomi

Most beautiful face - Christy

Most gorgeous (hourglass) body - Yasmeen

by Anonymousreply 215September 28, 2021 12:34 AM

Another beauty is Yasmin Le Bon, wife of Simon. Still stunning in her 50's.

by Anonymousreply 216September 28, 2021 12:49 AM

It's so cute that Simon Le Bon took her last name!

by Anonymousreply 217September 28, 2021 3:33 AM

No. Just no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218September 28, 2021 4:17 AM

Did Paulina ever do any runway work? Did she have a good walk?

by Anonymousreply 219September 30, 2021 6:58 PM

Who is at r218?

by Anonymousreply 220September 30, 2021 11:57 PM

Yasmin LeBon is in the photo at r218.

by Anonymousreply 221October 1, 2021 12:04 AM

Helena is the most out of this world gorgeous of the bunch.

Naomi is my favorite.

I've never, ever understood Christy's appeal.

by Anonymousreply 222October 1, 2021 12:22 AM

Tyra was gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 223January 1, 2022 5:43 PM

Rest in peace, Tatjana Patiz…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 11, 2023 6:09 PM

I nominate Janice Dickensian.

by Anonymousreply 225January 11, 2023 7:18 PM

If I had to pick one that I'd like to look like, I'd say Cindy Crawford. Second would be Kate Moss.

Cindy's done a lot to try to stay young-looking and she now looks mannish. I don't think she intended to masculinize her looks.

by Anonymousreply 226January 12, 2023 3:01 AM

But r138, Too Funky had those heavenly Mugler clothes!

Those talking about Tyra and her nose never saw her original nose which she got rid of in high school. She must have had a second one later because she would never have made it with the nose she was born with. Not even for catalogue work and mall fashion shows.

by Anonymousreply 227January 12, 2023 10:23 AM

Paulina put them all to shame in her prime.

by Anonymousreply 228January 12, 2023 11:06 AM

Can't believe Tatjana died, she wasn't that old...

by Anonymousreply 229January 12, 2023 4:11 PM

Hands down Cindy Crawford. Not even close. My girl Naomi is 2nd though.

by Anonymousreply 230January 12, 2023 4:22 PM

I think "the walk" has jumped the shark. I wish they'd just walk normally. They look silly and it distracts from the clothing. But what do I know? I think most fashion is a silly waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 231January 12, 2023 9:35 PM

Bow down, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 12, 2023 10:50 PM

Cindy doesn’t get enough credit for being a reliable runway model. Naomi is known for her walk, but it detracted from the clothes the way she came storming down the runway. Cindy (and Linda) was particularly skilled in showing off the clothes in a way that didn’t draw attention to herself.

by Anonymousreply 233January 15, 2023 3:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!