Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm pushing 60 and want to wear makeup.

Just how gruesomely Grand Guignol or Gustav von Aschenbach will this be?

I already wear BB or CC cream. A bit of concealer somedays. Or tinted day cream. I wore powder working from home. TOM FORD told us to do it, early in the lockdown! But that's on cam. I have a full head of silver hair and would never dye it. Skin isn't lined, after decades of Retin-A. I look pasty and tired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2021 5:38 PM

Why bother? You don’t sound the least bit attractive. Make-up isn’t going to help that insufferable personality either.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2021 11:33 PM

Does the phrase, "lipstick on a pig" strike a familiar chord?

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2021 11:36 PM

I say, doll it up with every crayon you can find that works. Carpe mascara! If it makes you feel good, that’s all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2021 11:38 PM

Can we assume that you are MASC, Miss OP?

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 12:58 AM

Do it up. Have fun. Go bright. Post the pics here.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 12:59 AM

You're sixty. You can do whatever you want.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote]I'm pushing 60 and want to wear makeup.

Which side are you pushing it from?

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2021 1:29 AM

I’m with you, OP.

I mix a few drops of tan foundation with face moisturizer. Spread evenly, it gives a believable glow. Clear mascara. Concealer if I don’t get enough sleep.

Regular teeth bleaching. No lip stuff, that makes me look too feminine.

Sheet masks to plump the skin.

I can’t look worn out in front of the young clients at my job. Newscasters do it as well.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2021 2:20 AM

How about one of these? The world would thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2021 2:25 AM

It's fine to go for that refreshed healthy glow, but if it's obvious you're painted up, well you're not going to be taken seriously. When you see guys, especially older, with mascara and liner and pencil thin eyebrows, it's fem and screams off duty drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2021 3:39 AM

*powder

*lipstick

*rouge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2021 3:45 AM

OP, have you tried powder or cream bronzer? Bronzer comes in many shades, so you can avoid the orange Oompa-Loompa tone commonly found in fake tanner. Use the cream version if your skin is dry or the powder version if you're oily.

Apply the bronzer sparingly in areas where the sun would normally hit your face (forehead near brow bones, tip of nose, highest point of cheeks) to warm up your face if it's looking pasty.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2021 4:35 AM

Yes Guerlain Terracotta bronzer powder but it's perfumed. Do you know a good non perfumed one? And not TOO pricy. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2021 10:37 AM

OP/R13, Here are some suggestions (prices may vary):

NYX Cosmetics "Matte Bronzer" $9

CoverGirl "truMagic The Sunkisser" $11

The Balm "Bahama Mama Bronzer" $20

M.A.C. "Bronzing Powder" $27

Too Faced "Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder" $30

Make Up For Ever "Pro-Bronze Fusion" (choose the matte version) $32

NARS "Bronzing Powder" $38

Typical of many designer cosmetic brands, Guerlain is overpriced. Designer and drugstore brands often have their products manufactured by the same factories. Also, French brands use too much fragrance. Avoid fragrance in your skin care and cosmetics. With the exception of cucumber, vanilla, and chocolate, most scents from plants/essential oils irritate and sensitize the skin.

You'll have to figure out which shades suit your skin color and undertone. Get samples if you can, for the pricier brands, to determine a good match. If both a shimmer and a matte version are available, choose matte. A natural tan doesn't shimmer or glitter. A natural-looking fake one shouldn't either.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2021 1:34 PM

Thanks that is very kind of you.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2021 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!