Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alain Delon arrives at Jean-Paul Belmondo's funeral

Discuss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2021 12:08 AM

I don't understand why he's constantly smiling and waving at the photographers as if it's a movie premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2021 3:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2021 3:08 AM

Why don't those girls giving out the hand sanitizer have masks on?

Why are a couple guys kissing Alain (one on both cheeks) without masks? Right up next to his face, even while HE is wearing a mask?

I'm befuddled at their concept of protecting an old man??

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2021 3:12 AM

WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2021 3:43 AM

Old age ain't for sissies.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2021 3:49 AM

R4 He's old and sick what did you expected? People are really ridiculous. Mocking a old man is easy, but if you get the chance to get old, you won't look sexy either.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2021 3:58 AM

This was 2 days ago OP

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2021 3:59 AM

R6 No, I'm not mocking him for his looks or old age at all. It's very weird that he's broadly smiling at his friend's funeral like he's in a festival.

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2021 4:16 AM

R7 So?? No one had posted about the funeral or Alain Delon attending it.

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2021 4:18 AM

An elderly friend of mine said her only chance to see the family or old friends these days is funerals. Maybe he's happy to see people. And it's not like it's a big tragedy - Jean-Paul was old and likely ready to go.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2021 5:01 AM

Remember, Alain paid to have Romy Schneider's remains moved to be next to her son who died as a young teen when he was impaled on a fence.

He may have been a bastard in many ways - the mafia, Jean Marie Le Pen supporter, etc. - but he was a loyal friend.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2021 5:03 AM

* Actually I think he arranged to have her son's remains moved to be next to his mother. Sorry about that, but I knew I remember that he took it upon himself to do something he knew she would have wanted.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2021 5:06 AM

R11 I know , He is very flawed but a loyal friend.

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2021 5:13 AM

He's glad he's alive. Why wouldn't he smile. Nobody freaks out with grief at the death of an old person. They just remember the good times and smile.

You pups know nothing.

Do we know if old people carry as big a viral load as young people with their better working lungs? Answer me that.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2021 6:02 AM

Speaking of a bastard, here's the son that Alain refuses to acknowledge. - my god, he's the spitting image of not-so dear old dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2021 4:33 PM

""Belmondo will always make the girls laugh, and I will always make them cry."

--Alain Delon

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2021 1:31 AM

They were both so beautiful when young-

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2021 1:44 AM

He's 85 years old That's what being over 80 looks like, unless you're Ringo Starr.

Ringo at 81:

(Ok thanks to botox, dark glasses, hair dye, etc. but still he's pretty amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2021 1:48 AM

Did Brigitte Bardot show up as well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2021 1:55 AM

No, Bardot didn't attend, and didn't think Belmondo would have liked the hoopla:

"Jean-Paul was a lovely man. He came to see me. He had adopted dogs from my foundation. He was a friend that I didn’t see very often, but he was so kind, generous, funny, despite his horror of stroke which had diminished him a lot. He continued to be charming, never complained. I loved him so much”, Bardot remembered.

Despite all the sympathy, Bardot did not attend the public funeral, which she did not find in good taste: “His funeral at the Invalides, with the government and everything else, I don’t think he would have liked that. He wasn’t a big show guy. I wouldn’t like this for me“.

by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2021 2:03 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 21October 3, 2021 2:06 AM

Brigitte was always a kook - probably now has dementia.

BUT, I think she was right to stay away. I can't get the sight out of my mind of those maskless young women giving out hand sanitizer at the funeral.

WTF? Glad you stayed home Briggie.

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2021 2:15 AM

love this thread....keep a going!

by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2021 2:19 AM

People were clapping for him—of course he will acknowledge them with a wave and a smile.

by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2021 2:26 AM

Did Raquel Welch show up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2021 2:29 AM

I wish Liza had shown up with Alain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2021 2:33 AM

I like the female commentator at about 1:45: "Alain Delon's smile and joy at seeing all of his fans who are here—for Jean-Paul Belmondo at the same time, of course, but at the same time for Alain Delon himself ...."

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2021 2:38 AM

R15 Ari was raised by Alain’s mother. Nico showed up at her doorstep with Ari and she knew right away that boy was his.

He disowned her too because of it.

Ari had a shit life. His relationship with his mother was no better. She didn’t know how to interact with him until he was old enough to do drugs, then she took him everywhere and they were best friends until she died. Fucked up relationship but he’s only spoken fondly of Nico.

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2021 2:49 AM

He could charm the panties off anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2021 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!