Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Phoenix Lights UFO sighting

Dis any of you DLers witness this back in March of 1997? Was just watching some documentary on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 16, 2022 5:17 PM

yes, I witnessed it in Ahwatukee down in south Phoenix............

by Anonymousreply 1September 3, 2021 10:25 PM

it was a craft of some kind with lights around the perimeter which literally floated very slowly from central phoenix, headed south towards Flagstaff roughly following the interstate.............huge.......slow......triangular........when I mean huge........I mean the size of 200 or so football fields..............(I'm r1)

by Anonymousreply 2September 3, 2021 10:27 PM

Interesting trivia… Actor Kurt Russell was the first to report seeing the Phoenix lights.

“I was flying [his son Oliver] to go see his girlfriend, and we were on approach,” Russell explained. “I saw six lights over the airport in absolute uniform in a V shape. Oliver said to me — I was just looking at him, I was coming in, we’re maybe a half a mile out — and Oliver said, ‘Pa, what are those lights?’

“Then I kind of came out of my reverie and I said, ‘I don’t know what they are.’ He said, ‘Are we okay here?’ And I said, ‘Yeah, I’m gonna call in,’ and I reported it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2021 10:50 PM

The governor of Arizona at the time ridiculed the so-called UFO. Only later did he admit he actually saw it extremely close up and said he lied to prevent widespread panic.

"I'm a pilot and I know just about every machine that flies," Symington said Thursday. "It was bigger than anything that I've ever seen. It remains a great mystery. Other people saw it, responsible people. I don't know why people would ridicule it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2021 10:57 PM

This is the best documentary of credible eyewitness accounts of UFO sightings, including the Phoenix lights. Frightening to watch on one hand, but optimistic in another way… realizing that there are definitely beings in the universe more advanced than us. Perhaps they’ll save us from ourselves one day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2021 11:04 PM

I believe they undisclosed military aircrafts.

The odds are in my claim’s favor, btw.

Some whack-job who claims to have worked in some military base says he saw one of these “aircrafts” in a military hanger, and I believe him. He’s on YouTube. I can’t remember his name, but his description of what he saw, is basically the description of a “UFO”. Except it wasn’t a “UFO” to the people who worked on base, as they knew it was an undisclosed to the general public, military aircraft which was flown as a drone.

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2021 11:32 PM

I doubt it was a secret military aircraft - if it were they likely wouldn’t have flown it over Phoenix in clear sight of the many people who witnessed it. Not very secretive.

by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2022 2:40 AM

[quote] he saw one of these “aircrafts” in a military hanger

Did he elaborate on what the purpose of the craft was especially one so large?

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2022 2:44 AM

Have there been any credible explanations?

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2022 4:39 AM

R6, Bob Lazar is a total whack job but I also believe him.

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2022 4:59 AM

[quote]I believe they undisclosed military aircrafts.

Said so eloquently, how can we deny it?

by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2022 5:17 AM

Criminal convictions

In 1990, Lazar was arrested for aiding and abetting a prostitution ring. This was reduced to felony pandering, to which he pleaded guilty.[55][56][57] He was ordered to do 150 hours of community service, stay away from brothels, and undergo psychotherapy.[56][57]

In 2006, Lazar and his wife Joy White were charged with violating the Federal Hazardous Substances Act for shipping restricted chemicals across state lines. The charges stemmed from a 2003 raid on United Nuclear's business offices, where chemical sales records were examined.[6] United Nuclear pleaded guilty to three criminal counts of introducing into interstate commerce, and aiding and abetting the introduction into interstate commerce, banned hazardous substances. In 2007, United Nuclear was fined $7,500 for violating a law prohibiting the sale of chemicals and components used to make illegal fireworks.[58][59]

Journalist Stephen Rodrick and author Neil Nixon write that further doubts have been cast on Lazar's credibility due to his criminal activity.[53][60] Author Timothy Good and filmmaker Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell, who have perpetuated Lazar's story, concur with this assertion.[61]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 14, 2022 5:28 AM

I was born in April 1997 so I missed it. My mom and dad are UFO lunatics though. Most of our bedtime stories and dinner conversation touched on UFOs & Government conspiracies lol.

by Anonymousreply 13June 14, 2022 5:34 AM

R13, is your middle initial “Q”?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 14, 2022 5:38 AM

R14 🤣🤣🤣 no. .. I swear my sister and I think they did way too many drugs in the 80s. By the time we came around they were already fucked.

by Anonymousreply 15June 14, 2022 7:33 AM

R12 The Bob Lazar story has nothing to do with the Phoenix Lights incident.

by Anonymousreply 16June 14, 2022 7:57 AM

I'm watching the 4-part docuseries "UFO" on Showtime. It was produced by JJ Abrams so a lot of it has a major sci-fi cheeseball factor, but the actual military footage of that thing they tracked over the ocean off the coast of San Diego is fucking fascinating. They also have substantial coverage of the Phoenix Lights incident. It's difficult to watch that actual footage and not wonder what the hell it was, especially since neither the government nor the military were ever able to provide an explanation for it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 14, 2022 3:20 PM

There is no way aliens can travel light years away from home, unless they can live for very, very long.

by Anonymousreply 18June 14, 2022 3:28 PM

[quote]There is no way aliens can travel light years away from home, unless they can live for very, very long.

What a ridiculous and arrogant statement. How do you know what kind of technology exists on other civilizations out there? Just look at how far and how quickly technology has advanced on earth in the last 50 years, or 100 years....etc.

by Anonymousreply 19June 14, 2022 3:32 PM

I could easily see some group of mini aircraft enthusiasts getting together a pulling a stint like this. A guy observed the lights through a high mag telescope and said the the lights were moving independently, as if they were under individual power. People viewing from a distance with an unaided eye would see uniformity in the flight pattern and distance between the lights.

The number and color of lights reported varied from Nevada to southern AZ. Maybe more than one group of pilots to cover the huge distance. Modern trolling. How many people believed there was an ancient serpent in Loch Ness for decades until a deathbed confession of one of the pranksters? Old wine, new bottle. Just my theory

by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2022 3:36 PM

But of all the people who witnessed the Phoenix Lights, the one consistent description was that for as close as the lights were, they made absolutely no sound. Literally every person who saw them all over the Southwest said the same thing - they made no sound, even when they moved.

by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2022 3:50 PM

There were two incidents that day. One real/unexplained, the other flares to distract from the legit one. Now, I'm not a big fan of alien stuff, so I'm very inclined to think it's ours. There have been rumors of large LTA craft for years which would explain most of the details. But one odd thing about these large craft is that they have been seen near cities. Northern Arizona, Nevada, midwest cornfields, upstate NY, etc. make sense, but why go near the cities? Doesn't that ruin the secret? Unless whatever they are testing (or doing) they want people to see, which is almost more disturbing than heavy government secrecy.

by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2022 3:53 PM

The subject of UFOs always brings out the naysayers who claim that people are gullible and everything is a hoax. While I personally believe that many of these sightings, possibly even most of them, are likely hoaxes, there’s too much evidence out there to think that none of it is real or authentic or can’t be explained by earthly standards.

But more than that, it’s actually quite arrogant for humans to assume that in the vast infinite universe, we are the only intelligent life forms in existence.

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2022 3:57 PM

Don't planes like this make very little noise? Some witnesses reported a humming noise coming from the lights.

This is the plane model that crashed and killed John Denver (which is why I thought about it) I didn't realize its range is so huge (over 2000 miles) and can fly at such a high speeds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2022 4:02 PM

They, I don't claim to know who they are, are showing themselves little by little, interesting. My thought is the planet is either visited or home to other intelligent beings. They hide from us mostly but show themselves or simply just don't care if we see them. For the most part they remain out of view because we are a dangerous primitive species. We didn't know microbes existed either for thousands of years either but they comprise the majority of living organisms.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2022 4:04 PM

Isn"t that obvious? It was John F. Kennedy Junior aboard his spaceship, preparing for Trump's reinstatement in August 2021. I know he's a little late but facts are facts.

by Anonymousreply 26June 14, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote]especially since neither the government nor the military were ever able to provide an explanation for it.

Neither the government or military are going to say shit. I remember when a lot of reports came out about a mysterious craft being spotted that was completely silent and the wild speculation about aliens, the usual shit, started up. A few years later the military unveiled the very same aircraft.

by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2022 4:21 PM

Most of the sightings are probably military defense aircraft being secretly developed, so the government encourages misinformation to take focus away from the military. This was the likely explanation for the Roswell hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2022 4:40 PM

A giant, oddly shaped zeppelin would move silently.

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2022 5:36 PM

[quote]Isn"t that obvious? It was John F. Kennedy Junior aboard his spaceship, preparing for Trump's reinstatement in August 2021. I know he's a little late but facts are facts.

I hope he's bringing Elvis with him. Just for shits and giggles.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2022 5:43 PM

R28 If we where able to produce a gigantic airship that stayed completely silent and could instantly accelerate thirty years ago, we would’ve known about the technology by now. And the Pentagon ruled out secret US tech with their recent UfO disclosures. It’s also unlikely that China or Russia have that technology. This would mean they know to secret to controlling and using gravity. And limitless, clean energy.

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2022 11:56 PM

They are not going to disclose what they really have. They won't even disclose who they tortured where in the "war on terror".

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2022 11:57 PM

R32 That kind of technology and science would be the product of top engineers and scientists. If, for all these decades, it turns out all these prominent people covered up science that could have saved millions of lives and put an instantaneous stop to environmental pollution, that would be an even bigger crime than covering up alien visitation. This also means they probably assassinated and threatened many potential whistleblowers over the course of decades.

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2022 12:07 AM

Men in black!

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2022 12:16 AM

I think they are the same phenomenon as ghosts: inter time/space travelers or "impressions"

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2022 12:20 AM

R33 Nikola Tesla says hello.

The large corporations smother advances of any kind into their maw of ownership. Edison, Hughes and Musk were frontmen for govt tech development and lack there of.

They want nothing that empowers the masses, and definitely nothing that eases their control. Only things which increase their control of all things--money, power, information and daily lives of the masses will be put on to the sainted "market".

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2022 12:27 AM

The first time I saw a stealth bomber was for a 4th of July show in NY harbor. It flew low, right overhead. If I didn't know what it was, I would have been very freaked out, maybe thinking it was a UFO. It looked like flying death somehow, just very bizarre and other worldly.

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2022 5:08 PM

The documentary recommended upthread from 2009 is terrible. I thought it would be mostly about Phoenix, but it was a 'history of UFOs' bookended with Phoenix, and featured a couple of photos/film that have been debunked since.

by Anonymousreply 38June 16, 2022 5:15 PM

R33, just take a look at DuPont's suppression of hemp and marijuana. Micro plastic is being found in new born babies, in the fresh snow of Antarctica, in the lungs of tribes in the Amazon, and has polluted the entire planet, so.

by Anonymousreply 39June 16, 2022 5:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!