Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Simply Sara's Loaded Baked Potato Salad

YUM!!!!

It looks so good.

Someone make it for me, please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2024 2:14 AM

Yum. That looks great

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2021 6:29 PM

You know what’s delicious? A baked potato with some butter and salt and pepper.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2021 7:11 PM

Simply Sara's Fried Chicken Tenders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2021 8:20 PM

What if you need more than one serving?

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2021 8:28 PM

What if you only live on chicken and broccoli?

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2021 8:31 PM

A great party idea is a baked potato bar night! We used to host them at the asylum but they may be just as big a hoot in your own back yard!

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2021 8:31 PM

R5 - tell me more. Are you slim? Can I sub broccoli with spinach and garlic or cauliflower?

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2021 11:43 PM

R2 - I skip the pepper and either add cayenne or just parsley. Hot potato, parsley, butter (Kerry Gold) and some parsley. Also, have you tried the smashed and baked ones? Garlic, butter and salt and potatoes with skins...amazing.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2021 11:47 PM

Cheese does not belong in potato salad

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2021 12:03 AM

Sara seems to put cheese in pretty much everything, R9.

It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2021 12:06 AM

I tried putting cheddar cheese in my potato salad but it gave it a weird taste/texture that i I found unpleasant.

She uses much more bacon than I do for a similarly sized bowl. I need to up my game.

The sound of all that mayo being mixed about made me queezy.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote] The sound of all that mayo being mixed about made me queezy.

Me too!

It's a sticky, smacking noise that grosses me out.

Kind of how I imagine it would sound like when Sara and her boyfriend are having sex. EWWWW!!!

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2021 5:52 AM

Simply Sara’s pea salad has bacon and cheese, but she also uses Greek yoghurt and lite mayonnaise.

It is reasonably low carb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2022 9:29 PM

Are you a great, big, fat person, OP?

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2022 9:30 PM

I’m glad she seems to have avoided Covid.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2022 9:31 PM

I thought about Sara today and saw that it had been close to 2 years since we last enjoyed perusing her culinary confections and concoctions I thought I'd check on her. Well, honestly I checked in mainly to make sure she hadn't died. And wonder of wonders, SARA LIVES!! Still giving us her wonderous comfort dishes. And her channel has grown as she now has 236,000 subscribers. I'm so happy for sweet Sara. I hope she's making a bundle on her YouTube efforts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2024 7:41 PM

She is GOALS!

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2024 1:21 AM

I agree about NO CHEESE in potato or pea salad.

The cheese makes it gross and sticky, and the longer it sits, the nastier it gets.

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2024 1:31 AM

She seems sweet but she would have much better reception if she edited and polished her recipes. Our country uses more sugar, cheese, cream, salt, butter and oil that most countries. Her recipes take that to the extreme. Is one cup of sugar in potato or macaroni salad even necessary?

by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2024 2:12 AM

One thing that always perplexes me - not just about our sweet Sara, but in general - is why the fuck people buy plastic bags of pre-grated cheese. Is it that hard to just grate some fucking cheese?

That said, I’m with her one the Miracle Whip vs mayo issue; I never tasted real mayo or, for that matter, real butter until my teens, when I had them at friends’ houses. My mum is a congenital anosmiac with *literally* no taste who could never possibly have comprehended the nuances of flavour and the pleasure of real foods and the volatile oils that contribute so much to the sense of taste (most people take scent and taste for granted - it’s an invisible disability!), so we endured Miracle Whip, margarine, and plain, steamed vegetables throughout our childhoods. It was sad.

I’m glad Sara’s mum gave her her own little jar of real mayo; that’s love right there!

by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2024 2:42 AM

[quote] I thought about Sara today and saw that it had been close to 2 years since we last enjoyed perusing her culinary confections and concoctions I thought I'd check on her.

[quote] Well, honestly I checked in mainly to make sure she hadn't died.

How RUDE!

by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2024 9:06 AM

[quote0 why the fuck people buy plastic bags of pre-grated cheese

It's because people are lazy. I have preached against buying pre cut, pre shredded, or pre processed anything for years. People don't realize there's a reason pre shredded cheese won't melt like cheese you shred yourself. It's because the manufacturers coat the shredded cheese with a solution very much like teflon to keep if from sticking together in the bag. They also spray a coating on precut salad lettuce and that's why it has that nasty smell and taste.

by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2024 10:50 AM

I don't advise people to use it, but Miracle Whip does not purport to be Mayonnaise. It's a salad dressing. It's loaded with sugar and other additives just like any other salad dressing.

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2024 10:59 AM

[quote] Is one cup of sugar in potato or macaroni salad even necessary?

Well it depends on how big the salad is. For a salad that would feed 15 people one cup of sugar wouldn't be out of the ordinary. And Sara makes few dishes that aren't enough food for a log rollin'.

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2024 11:05 AM

[quote] How RUDE!

Not rude at all. Sweet Sara because quite ill about 2 years ago and had to stop making videos for weeks. She never revealed what the problem was once she was able to resume filming, but it was obvious from what she said that it was serious. I really did check on her out of concern.

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2024 11:14 AM

I just CAN'T with some of her recipes.

She recently made chicken livers with onions. Blech.

And this doozie from a week ago: Guacamole with Cream Cheese.

Ack!! Avocados are rich enough, without adding the extra richness of cream cheese.

I honestly don't think that I could swallow it down.

It's just too damned rich!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2024 11:21 AM

You can never be too rich or too fat.

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2024 2:37 PM

[quote] She recently made chicken livers with onions. Blech.

Chicken livers with onions is fabulous, especially if cooked on the grill.

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2024 9:13 PM

I'll never forget the recipe that got me hooked on Simply Sara.

OLD FASHIONED BOLOGNA SALAD.

The sticky smacking noise that the bologna made as it was going through her Tupperware grinder, was absolutely mesmerizing.

And the final product? I was astounded that people actually ate such things!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2024 7:50 PM

Wasn’t there a gay YouTuber who remade some of Sara’s recipes? He enjoyed the bologna salad. Or more accurately didn’t think it was as bad as expected.

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2024 4:52 PM

I well remember the chicken liver pate we had back when I was much younger and how delicious it was on a Ritz cracker.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2024 10:48 PM

She made enough of that bologna salad to feed a log rollin'.

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2024 10:59 PM

If it’s baked potato salad it should have sour cream not a lot of Mayo.

by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2024 12:07 AM

Yeah, I was kind of put off by the inclusion of mayonnaise in the recipe. Maybe a little, but that was A LOT - if anything, probably more sour cream instead.

But I don't think i've ever even had a "loaded baked potato salad." I HAVE had a loaded baked potato before though.

by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2024 12:09 AM

If you dice real cheese instead of shreds it holds up better.

by Anonymousreply 35March 14, 2024 12:13 AM

Poor Sara looks so unhealthy. Not even the weight now the puffy blotched face. Must be on steroids for something.

by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2024 12:14 AM

She's doing something she loves, consistently putting out content. I'm sure she gets bashed a lot about her weight (I haven't read the comments on her vids), yet she keeps on keepin' on.

That's more than I can say for myself.

by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2024 12:16 AM

Even Sara's salads come in 7 layers! lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 14, 2024 6:27 AM

Kinda defeats the purpose of having a salad...

by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2024 6:32 AM

'Salad' does not automatically mean low calorie or healthy.

by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2024 12:20 PM

Simply Sara's meals look like they belong at a lunch potluck in a VFW down in Alabama. She could make a fortune catering for baby boomer Trumpers in the Ozarks.

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2024 3:55 AM

[quote] Simply Sara's meals look like they belong at a lunch potluck in a VFW down in Alabama. She could make a fortune catering for baby boomer Trumpers in the Ozarks.

I don't think she leaves her house.

I don't even think she can travel, because of her health issues.

Her YouTube channel seems like something she can do to make money, without leaving home.

I give her credit for doing it. At least she's being productive, despite her weight issues.

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2024 3:59 AM

Turkey Sloppy Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2024 2:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!