Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET “WEHT?”

Can someone please explain the oft-used Datalounge acronym WHET? (shouldn’t it be WEHT?)

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2021 3:46 AM

cak and graxy were involved. . . .

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2021 2:10 AM

Just accept it and go to bed…what next why do people write gurl instead of girl?

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2021 2:12 AM

WHAT HAPPENED EVER TO?

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2021 2:14 AM

with “gurl” the meaning is obvious

i don’t think half the people even know what WHET means

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2021 2:15 AM

Julianne Moore, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 5September 1, 2021 2:15 AM

OP, consult the dictionary when you have questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2021 2:16 AM

It was an easy mistake to make in the beginning. Because the first two words are (W)hatever and (H)appened. And just like that it stuck.

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2021 2:18 AM

Damn newbies!

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2021 2:18 AM

Thank you for your unusually helpful and non-hostile response.

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2021 2:18 AM

I’ve been coming here since 2003 and can help shed some light:

As you’ve probably noticed, DL is teeming with grammar Nazis waiting to pounce at a moment’s notice. Well, someone meaning to type the abbreviation for “Whatever happened to” typed WHET instead of WEHT. Just like cak and graxy, some misspellings have taken off, while others are ignored.

I have noticed the more combative the misspeller is, the more likely they’ve been to be shamed.

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2021 2:20 AM

I'll be nice.

OP, you can use Google and search any word or phrase and then Datalounge and it will probably give you the best link first.

Also people ask this every month so you asking just means you're new.

Datalounge has been using that word since I was a gayling in high school so the 90s. It has stuck around here a very long time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2021 2:21 AM

Ypir, Muslim supermodel from the 70s. Nobody remembers her now because her face was always covered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2021 2:25 AM

Is my tuna too oily?

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2021 2:44 AM

Molly.....

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2021 3:42 AM

I love when people come into my living room and decide they want to rearrange the furniture to their liking

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2021 3:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!