Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Farley Granger and Shelley Winters

Do you think their relationship was genuine or was it for PR?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2021 5:24 PM

It’s too bad they weren’t paired together in a better movie than Behave Yourself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2021 4:00 AM

It was PR. Shelley hinted as much

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2021 4:01 AM

The thought of those two together reminds me of Queen Salotey at the coronation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2021 4:05 AM

In their older years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2021 4:11 AM

Jeff Goldblum told a funny story about having dinner with them on Jimmy Kimmel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2021 4:23 AM

It was all PR.

But Shelley must have had a magic pvssy with all the hot men running through it: Anthony Franciosa, Vittorio Gassman, Marlon Brando, Burt Lancaster and I suspect Sean Connery.

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2021 4:24 AM

Shelley stated in her memoirs that she had a lot of gay friends. You do the math........

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2021 4:43 AM

Her two memoirs are funny, brilliant, candid and impossible to put down. Somebody posted from them on DL once. Let's see if I can find the thread...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2021 4:45 AM

Shelley told the story that she was sitting between Errol Flynn and Clark Gable, not sure which one was her date. When asked who she picked, she said "Errol. I had a feeling that Clark would wait." So I guess she got to him eventually, too. Damn! But she was pretty sexy when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2021 4:46 AM

R7 She called Farley a “sometimes lover” in her second memoir. I get the impression they were just (good) friends with benefits.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2021 4:57 AM

R7 Correction: It was her first memoir.

“Farley Granger and I became inseparable friends, sometimes lovers, certainly as close as brother and sister —and always there when we needed each other. We now live in the same building in New York, two floors: apart. He prefers the theater now, and he does movies and TV only when he has to, He is just as handsome as he was then, except that his beautiful black curly hair is now pepper and salt, and he is more disciplined about food and exercise than I am. It’s strange how our friend- ship has lasted through husbands and wives and fiancés and lovers and children growing up and long and short separations. Once we were talking about something, then for some reason didn’t see each other for about five years, and the next time we met we just continued the same conversation. There is almost nothing I can’t tell him, and I think he feels the same way about me.”

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2021 5:02 AM

Genuine. Shelley was the top.

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2021 5:26 AM

[quote] Shelley was the top.

Farley was the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2021 7:59 AM

She used to call him "Farfel" which is a kind of pasta you eat in Jewish cooking. He looked extremely edible... !

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote]But Shelley must have had a magic pvssy with all the hot men running through it.

One does not need a pussy to be magic when it is readily available for the taking. It's like the McDonalds drive-thru. You aren't going for great food, just something quick and inexpensive to satisfy your hunger.

by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2021 5:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!