Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Actor James Olson?

Great actor with a great chest. He never disclosed anything about his private life, and he dropped out of sight completely in 1990 at age 60. I saw a rumor that he had to retire due to early-onset dementia, but there has been no confirmation. There are several reports that he has died, but those have all ended up being other people. DL detectives tell me all there is to know, please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2021 5:29 PM

There was a thread on him in May of 2020. Looks like he died in late 1999. There's very little information about him available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2021 1:23 AM

IFHH

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2021 1:24 AM

I think he transitioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2021 1:27 AM

You kinda see him naked in The Andromeda Strain. I had a little boy gay crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2021 1:40 AM

Thanks, R1, but that obit was for a different guy. I did a search for a previous thread (honest) and didn't see that one. Thanks for the link. :)

I, too, used to love the glimpses of his nearly-nude body in The Andromeda Strain. I always hated the bit where they irradiated off all of his body hair...

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2021 2:31 AM

he played a father in a TV movie that was some kind of rip off of the Exorcist; he favored the pretty daughter over the fat witch doctor.

He played an unbalanced man who shot Jill Danko in a restaurant on her anniversary to Mike and she lost the baby.

Kate Jackson broke my heart in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2021 2:35 AM

Nice furry chest!

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2021 2:40 AM

Wikipedia shows him as still alive at age 90.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2021 2:42 AM

fat witch *daughter*

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2021 2:42 AM

R8 That just means nobody can confirm that he's died.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2021 8:57 AM

Jamie Smith (from Stanley Kubrick's Killer's Kiss) is another actor who completely fell of the radar. No one seems to know if he's alive or dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2021 5:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!