Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Murphy’s “Impeachment” first full length trailer

Series is overshadowed by ghastly prosthetic nose on Clive Owen..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 29, 2022 5:16 AM

This is going to blow.

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2021 7:11 PM

Actresses looks nothing like Monica. Monica was/is a hot woman.

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2021 7:11 PM

Beanie is too fat and ugly to play Monica and Clive looks like W.C. Fields.

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2021 7:13 PM

R2 they cast an uggo to garner sympathy. If they got an actress that was just as pretty as Blewinsky was then the audience would not feel sorry for her. Instead they will see her for the man chasing borderline that she is. She was targeting George Stephanopoulos originally. She also fucked around with her married professor in college.

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2021 7:17 PM

This overblown "scandal" seems absolutely quaint compared to the multiple serious crimes committed against the United States by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2021 7:21 PM

I would be in favor of an absurdist retelling of this story with all female roles played by men in drag.

John Goodman would of course be Linda.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2021 7:24 PM

Where's our movie?

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2021 7:26 PM

Nobody would bring down his Presidency for dumpy, wonky-faced Beanie Feldstein.

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2021 7:42 PM

What's Edie throwing at Clive? Is it the infamous lamp?

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2021 7:46 PM

Hillary threw a lamp?

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2021 8:48 PM

I am so sick of Lewinsky. I wish this cunt would disappear forever. Ridiculous that she has a producing deal. The bitch should be tried for treason. Why are we rehashing this NOTHING of a "scandal" and why is someone like Ryan Murphy feeding into the repubs ego by reminding us all how fucking ridiculous the democratic party actually is?

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2021 8:55 PM

R11 is insane

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2021 9:27 PM

Why, R11, because you think lewinsky is such a hero? Clinton was a fantastic president and I'm sick and tired of this famewhoring cunt crawling out of her hole every few years to further tarnish his reputation. You know she's partially responsible for Trump being elected.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2021 9:30 PM

That should have been addressed to R12 ^

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2021 9:30 PM

I'll watch it. I'm sure there'll be some fun performances.

I'm really not sure about Edie Falco as Hillary though. By casting her, it's as if they're saying the Clintons are a crime family like Christopher Hitchens always said.

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2021 9:36 PM

R13 You're an idiot. You should find out what actually happened. And Clinton tarnished his own reputation.

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2021 9:44 PM

Go suck Trump's dick somewhere else, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2021 9:46 PM

The scandal was the way she was treated by liberal female Democrats like Hillary Clinton. The same type of people enabled Cuomo, but this time they didn't get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2021 9:48 PM

In this metoo era, Bill Clinton would've faced much more criticism from the public than he did back then.

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2021 10:42 PM

It seems Paulson relied on the hair and makeup to sell her performance. I really like her; but she made absolutely no effort whatsoever to capture Linda Tripp's voice/voice patterns. It's straight-up Paulson speaking from behind a Tripp facade. That's too bad. A missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2021 10:48 PM

R11 I agree but I do believe that Clinton raped a bunch of women. That’s pretty fucked. I bet the ones he actually raped never even came forward. The lunatics are the ones who we saw in that crazy trump press conference during the election.

That being said - you're right and she needs to go away. And Ryan Murphy - find another scandal to talk about. The Clintons are overdone.

But I’ll watch it.

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2021 10:54 PM

I'll watch it because like it or not this is American history and this is the first time it's ever been dramatized.

PS the real Linda Tripp was even uglier than Paulson's portrayal.

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2021 11:08 PM

Agree, r22. Plus they should’ve put her in a fat suit or something. She’s far too thin to portray Tripp.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2021 11:14 PM

I can't wait to miss it!

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2021 11:18 PM

Who ever cast Clinton and Hilary has no business casting an elementary school Easter pageant. Complete fail.

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2021 11:19 PM

He nailed the voice!

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2021 11:23 PM

Jesus Christ she was one uglyass woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2021 11:39 PM

It is kind of insulting to Monica that they cast Beanie.

Monica was heavy but quite pretty.

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2021 11:56 PM

R19 why? This slut chased after him. She was the one blabbing to anybody who would listen. Monica is a middle aged bimbo who cannot move past this. It isn’t the public or the Clintons who are stopping her from moving on. She chooses to revisit this every chance she gets.

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2021 11:58 PM

R28 it was intentional. They want to make her seem more sympathetic. The best way to do that is by casting an unattractive actress who is fatter.

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2021 11:59 PM

#metoo would have come for Clinton for the other women Paula Jones, Juanita Broderick. Monica was willing and eager participant.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2021 12:00 AM

Monica looks like Pat from SNL, post Glamour Shots.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2021 12:03 AM

She was not nearly as fat and ugly as Beanie. Give me a break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2021 12:05 AM

Bullshit. Clinton didn’t rape anybody. The GOP pays women to make false claims because they know the Dems are too weak and stupid to fight back.

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2021 12:13 AM

Monica remains relevant because she's a reminder of what women had to face before the #MeToo movement.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2021 12:45 AM

r29 Clinton would be raked over the coals for exposing himself to various women and also for the extreme poor judgement of getting involved with a young intern. People would be much more critical of that today.

I think some of you must live in caves or something and have no connection to the modern world and modern culture/society.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2021 12:50 AM

Do we think Monica gave good head?

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2021 12:53 AM

Well, she obviously made him cum....

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2021 12:57 AM

Ryan Murphy is about over. That Halston disaster, the bad casting of the OJ Simpson saga and now this totally unwatchable and uninteresting retelling of Clinton's impeachment history. Monica was pretty. Sarah Paulson is completely unnecessary in life. Does she blackmail Ryan? What a dumb and thankless move for Edie Falco. I guess they paid her well.

Ryan Murphy does not make good television.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2021 1:00 AM

r39 the damn thing hasn't even aired yet. The OJ Simpson series was great, and yes Cuba was miscast but the show wasn't really about him. All the other actors were excellent.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2021 1:01 AM

He's like a pulp fiction Orson Welles, with his company of talented used to be and almosts. But he's producing weird shit. Who needed the Clinton thing told?

by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2021 1:01 AM

R41 He has multiple content deals so he needs to keep pumping out the material…he’s spread too thin and lost his edge and now it’s all formulaic. There are countless tabloid stories he could exploit…I shudder.

by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote]Who needed the Clinton thing told?

It was the second biggest political scandal after Watergate and it's never been told. Also, after 20 years is when events usually begin to be re-examined because these events are now historical and not contemporary.

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2021 1:22 AM

Everyone bitches about Murphy on here, but this show will probably get at least 4 full threads on DL.

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2021 1:26 AM

This is the first Murphy production I have ZERO interest in watching.

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2021 1:37 AM

It is of ZERO interest to most everyone. His biggest flop yet.

by Anonymousreply 46August 13, 2021 1:44 AM

I'm bored with Ryan Murphy. His productions have no point - not even to entertain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2021 6:57 AM

This wasn't even interesting when it was happening in real time.

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2021 7:13 AM

Does Linda Tripp lose a lot of weight at some point, meaning Sarah Paulson can take the prosthetics off?

This looks very Lucky Bitches.

by Anonymousreply 49August 13, 2021 7:22 AM

[quote] John Goodman would of course be Linda.

John Goodman is far too dainty these days to play the morbidly obese Linda Tripp.

by Anonymousreply 50August 13, 2021 7:25 AM

Both Beanie and Monica Lewinsky get producer credits. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 51August 13, 2021 8:00 AM

R11 Your had the same attitude about Stormy Daniels, you insane, sexist lunatic?

by Anonymousreply 52August 13, 2021 8:14 AM

[quote] Your had the same attitude about Stormy Daniels, you insane, sexist lunatic?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 53August 13, 2021 8:20 AM

I like Edie Falco, but her being cast as Hillary is perplexing. She's so talented, but her look is a lot harder.

by Anonymousreply 54August 13, 2021 8:59 AM

There's a documentary series called The Clinton Affair which is worth a watch. Especially for those people who seem to think Monica wanted the attention. She was betrayed by both sides. And given women continue to be treated the way she was, she's absolutely right to continue to speak out.

by Anonymousreply 55August 13, 2021 9:20 AM

R44 Sure, because it will be promoted relentlessly with all sorts of familiar faces and it will probably somehow include a gratuitous locker room scene with scantily clad male interns.

by Anonymousreply 56August 13, 2021 12:01 PM

Even Clinton would have turned down Beanie Uggo Feldstein. She is hideous. Who wants to fuck her irl?? Some weirdo with an ugly fatty fetish? She is disgusting. She looks like her brother in bad drag.

by Anonymousreply 57August 13, 2021 12:40 PM

The photo in profile really make her look like brother Jonah in drag.

by Anonymousreply 58August 13, 2021 1:03 PM

R57 Her girlfriend does, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 59August 13, 2021 1:45 PM

Just two best friends becoming superstars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 13, 2021 1:56 PM

Of course our resident Mumsnet reject is here to tell us what a poor little victim Lewinsky was.

Fucking bullshit.

Paula Jones was, but not podgy Monica. She was a grown woman intent on an affair with a married, powerful man. She went out of her way to capture his attention and couldn’t fall to her knees fast enough.

Of course Clinton was a pig for going there but that doesn’t by default exonerate Monica. She wanted to fuck him, (almost) did and then lied about it under oath.

Linda Tripp betrayed her, but no one else did.

I have no beef with how she’s behaved subsequently, everyone’e entitled to speak up for themselves and it’s not like she’s gone on Celebrity Big Brother....but “victim”? Hardly.

by Anonymousreply 61August 13, 2021 2:02 PM

"She wanted to fuck him, (almost) did..." Wait, what? They never fucked???

by Anonymousreply 62August 13, 2021 2:39 PM

The Jews have a term "mieskeit" for the kind of homely looks Beanie Feldman has. Ryan Murphy is intending to take advantage of this by turning Monica into the mieskeit stock character to garner sympathy for her. Monica was in fact another stock character, the Jewish American Princess, and one who could pass as goyim, and casting an actress of this type would have made her far less sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 63August 13, 2021 3:08 PM

R35 Don't conflate Monica's tawdry affair with #MeToo. No one pressured or forced Monica to do what she did. I don't even think she claims that. I believe she's stated she was enamored. People do stupid things when they're young. This was not sexual harassment. She fully initiated and consented.

by Anonymousreply 64August 13, 2021 3:49 PM

[quote]"She wanted to fuck him, (almost) did..." Wait, what? They never fucked???

She wanted to. She tried hard to ride Bill’s Presidential dingus. He refused probably because he was worried she would try to get knocked up or something.

by Anonymousreply 65August 13, 2021 3:56 PM

This will do very well in the ratings and during awards season. I see it sweeping the Emmys next year.

by Anonymousreply 66August 13, 2021 4:00 PM

R61 Paula Jones is full of shit. She is some uggo the Republicunts paid to lie about Clinton. They even bought her ugly ass cosmetic surgery and a makeover.

by Anonymousreply 67August 13, 2021 4:04 PM

After Monica was forced to testify, she was branded a slut, a stalker, a crazy woman. She was an intern and he was President of the United States. The power dynamic made it a totally inappropriate relationship.

by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2021 4:15 PM

And?

by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2021 4:17 PM

R61 That's quite a pile of bullshit you've made up in your head. Go read about what actually happened, you might be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]"She wanted to fuck him, (almost) did..." Wait, what? They never fucked???

Close, but no cigar.

by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2021 5:09 PM

I see what you did there.

😂

by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2021 5:19 PM

If for no other reason this is "Must See TV" for DL Fave Billy Eichner's turn as "Matt Drudge"!

by Anonymousreply 73August 13, 2021 6:45 PM

Beanie Feldstein is such a fat ugly pig, you just can't imagine any man wanting her to suck his dick. Terrible casting.

by Anonymousreply 74August 13, 2021 7:51 PM

R63 like the famous word change in Cabaret…

by Anonymousreply 75August 13, 2021 9:50 PM

I'll never understand why the guy that signed DOMA is so beloved on a gay gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 76August 13, 2021 10:00 PM

EVERYTHING about this looks dreadful.

The hair and make up are awful.

The casting is ludicrous. They hired a very fat (and unattractive) actress to play the awful yet curvishly cute Monica and a thin actress to play ugly old heifer Linda Tripp.

I'm not a fan of Monica's....her "poor innocent me" story is a bunch of horseshit but I can only imagine the face she had to put on when Ryan Murphy told her they hired a hideous cow like Beanie Feldstein to play her.

That had to hurt.

In the OP story link photo, Beanie as Monica looks like some creepy old gypsy woman putting a hex on Bill with some sort of death hug.

by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2021 1:34 AM

[quote]In the OP story link photo, Beanie as Monica looks like some creepy old gypsy woman putting a hex on Bill with some sort of death hug.

LOL! Yes, Beanie Feldstein fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Monica Lewinsky was a very pretty young woman.

They should've toned it down on the fake nose for Clive Owen, it looks cartoonish. Bill Clinton's nose wasn't that bulbous.

I can't believe Lucianne Goldberg is still alive, she seemed like such an old hag back then and it was so many years ago.

When Linda Tripp died last year I was surprised to learn that she was only in her forties back during the scandal. She looked a lot older than that.

I agree about Sarah Paulson. She's not the right type at all to play Linda Tripp.

by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2021 2:27 AM

Ken Starr was such a creepy freak, you just know he was getting off on all the salacious details.

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2021 6:13 AM

I find ML getting more and more beautiful with time. When we will treat her normally?

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2021 6:26 AM

[quote]The casting is ludicrous. They hired a very fat (and unattractive) actress to play the awful yet curvishly cute Monica and a thin actress to play ugly old heifer Linda Tripp.

Hold on.

You all know Monica Lewinsky herself is a producer on this and had a say which is exactly why she's running around doing the interview circuit right now and promoting the show.

So apparently Beanie is how Monica felt she looked.

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2021 6:31 AM

LOL...a producing credit doesn't mean you have the power to veto something in a production. Pretty much every TV show and film has a long list of various kinds of producers.

Monica has a vanity credit. She acted as an adviser, sure, but she would have had little to no actual power and certainly not when it came to casting.

by Anonymousreply 82August 14, 2021 6:56 AM

Agree that Lewisnksy was and is pretty while this Feldstein is goblin, even in the hot chick wig. And she also gets to play funny girl, the first since Babs? Makes you wonder, has her brother helped her or what? And she’s a lesbian lol.

by Anonymousreply 83August 14, 2021 8:01 AM

Fuck man. And can you imagine the powers that be after her auditions? They’re just sitting around and they go “It’s Beanie, it’s definitely Beanie.” I for one cant fuckin picture it.

by Anonymousreply 84August 14, 2021 9:15 AM

[quote]The scandal was the way she was treated by liberal female Democrats like Hillary Clinton.

Grow up. Wives get mad at the girls who screw their husbands all the time.

Lewinsky made a lot of mistakes and it's only because society has changed, and because there's been decades of anti-Clinton propaganda from both leftists and right wingers, that she's now seen as an innocent angelic victim of the evil Clinton Murder Machine.

by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2021 9:20 AM

Anyone who brags about earning her presidential kneepads does not earn my sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 86August 14, 2021 9:24 AM

[quote]This wasn't even interesting when it was happening in real time.

Pretty much. Office Karen betrays dumb intern who kept a dress with cum on it. Sure, it's good for a week or two of laughs, but the only people upset about Clinton getting a blowie were the people who already hated him.

I'd much rather see a show about the GOP scumbuckets who were getting off (literally, apparently) on using this to try to get the president convicted. That's the real story. Ryan isn't interested in real stories, he's interested in shlock.

by Anonymousreply 87August 14, 2021 9:27 AM

I could care less about this topic. He couldn't find anything more interesting than the goddamn Clinton impeachment?

How about the Hinckley, Reagan, and Foster? Lennon and Chapman? Anything's more interesting than the impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 88August 14, 2021 9:55 AM

[quote] Bullshit. Clinton didn’t rape anybody.

Yeah, and Clinton hung out with Epstein and Ghislane Maxwell (prominent at his daughter’s wedding), just to play tiddlywinks.

Sure, sure, R34.

Keep on with the delusion.

by Anonymousreply 89August 14, 2021 10:25 AM

R85 No, it's because now we know the truth of what happened, something you and the other Clinton defenders keep desperately trying to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 90August 14, 2021 10:26 AM

Why do this now? There is no reason except to shit on the Democrats while the criminal Repugs are ignored.

by Anonymousreply 91August 14, 2021 10:31 AM

How exactly is this shitting on the Democrats? The Clintons are done. Those who worked for them are done. The only type of person who might watch this show and use it to criticise the present Democratic party were always voting Republican anyway.

by Anonymousreply 92August 14, 2021 10:38 AM

Lewinsky get producer credit. We won't get THE truth, we'll get HER truth. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 93August 14, 2021 3:51 PM

Impeachment is so much nothing that I can't even get it up to argue the small points. Monica was dumb and slutty, but she sure as hell wasn't ugly. Pretty girl. Murphy must hate Hillary to put her name to Edie Falco's face.

Streisand gave head to Bill Clinton many times - now Babs is a harder role to cast. John Goodman? Is Amanda Plummer still alive?

by Anonymousreply 94August 14, 2021 5:54 PM

R94 -- "Murphy must hate Hillary to put her name to Edie Falco's face"? Seriously? Edie Falco is widely considered one of the great actresses of her generation -- and attractive enough to have caused some complaints when she and the equally "hideous" Stanley Tucci ventured FRANKIE AND JOHNNY on Broadway.

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 95August 14, 2021 6:07 PM

Why woukld you hire:

*an obese woman to play Monica Lewisnky, who was only curvy?

*a skinny woman with a small nose to play Linda Tripp?

*a man with a small nose to play Bill Clinton?

*a woman with a large nose to play Hillary Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 96August 14, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote] I could care less about this topic.

If you could, you should.

by Anonymousreply 97August 14, 2021 6:28 PM

What actor is fat enough to play hypocrite Henry Hyde?

by Anonymousreply 98August 14, 2021 6:29 PM

I hope never to be as old as you, R95.

Enjoy your Striezand and Joan Crawford films! It's Saturday. You're drunk early.

by Anonymousreply 99August 14, 2021 6:34 PM

Will Newt Gingrich be a character in this? He was one of the most repulsive, hypocritical turds in American political history.

by Anonymousreply 100August 14, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote]LOL...a producing credit doesn't mean you have the power to veto something in a production. Pretty much every TV show and film has a long list of various kinds of producers. Monica has a vanity credit. She acted as an adviser, sure, but she would have had little to no actual power and certainly not when it came to casting.

Having her as a "vanity" producer gives them credibility. I doubt she did much of anything.

But if you don't think she was at least asked her thoughts on who they should cast as HERSELF of ALL fucking things, that's incredibly stupid.

That is the LEAST she would have been asked. That's the benefit to her being remotely involved with the telling of a story involving with her.

She could have shot that idea down if she wanted to bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 101August 14, 2021 7:10 PM

^Nope.

by Anonymousreply 102August 14, 2021 7:14 PM

Sex scandals used to be such a big deal, and now nobody cares anymore. Franklin Graham and the pool boy was barely even news, and good god think of all the sexual shit Trump got up to. It's not enough to take down a person today.

by Anonymousreply 103August 14, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote]Ken Starr was such a creepy freak, you just know he was getting off on all the salacious details.

R79 Starr - the Jeffrey Epstein / Brett Kavanaugh defender - was and s definitely a creepy freak. Link below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 14, 2021 10:13 PM

I'd still like an answer to why now? Why take focus off the criminal Repugs, from Trump to Gaetz to Epstein to the Jan 6th mob, to tell a 30 year old salacious story about a witchhunt by that very same Repug party? And why do it right now as we're heading into the midterms while trying to stay alive in a pandemic that those very same criminal Repugs still deny is a problem?

by Anonymousreply 105August 14, 2021 10:20 PM

Because r105 it's part of American history and 20 years is the usual time when people reflect on events. Remember all the Vietnam movies in the 80s? It has never been dramatized before, and now is the time to re-examine it.

by Anonymousreply 106August 14, 2021 10:26 PM

Sure, R106, sure.

by Anonymousreply 107August 14, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote] Why take focus off the criminal Repugs, from Trump to Gaetz to Epstein...

R105 for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 14, 2021 10:38 PM

R108, that's exactly what I mean. Why isn't this a movie about Ken Starr and all the other criminal Repugs and all the crimes they have been committing for 40 years and are still committing, at an increasing rate, to this very day? Where's that fucking movie? Much more interesting and salacious than a 30 year old witchhunt committed by those very people.

by Anonymousreply 109August 14, 2021 10:49 PM

r109 are you really that stupid? This is a story about the Clinton impeachment. An event that was the biggest political scandal since Watergate and had the country in its thrall for an entire year. EVERYBODY had an opinion and it was the dominant story in the US. Of course we were going to see a tv show about it at some point.

How many Watergate things have there been?

by Anonymousreply 110August 15, 2021 12:48 AM

The Clinton Impeachment was an invented scandal. Treated as sport. There are things to examine about it, historically and socially. Ryan Murphy wouldn't know what they are. He's a window dresser and guest DJ. Blowjobs in a White House closet are not exactly worth a mini series. Or an Impeachment.

Hillary and Bill and Monica are all still alive and playing themselves, everyday.

by Anonymousreply 111August 15, 2021 1:00 AM

[quote] I hope never to be as old as you, [R95].

You and the rest of us, r98. We all hope you die soon.

by Anonymousreply 112August 15, 2021 1:01 AM

Marry me, R112!

by Anonymousreply 113August 15, 2021 1:09 AM

[quote] Who knows ,maybe Murphy met her and was charmed, But since she is involved I won't be surprised to see her portrayed as a shy innocent babe in the woods seduced by the big bad wolf then betrayed by everyone

by Anonymousreply 114August 15, 2021 1:23 AM

Monica Lewinsky is VERY, VERY beautiful/sexy/alluring in real life (though I haven't run into her since 2020 due to Covid). My ex-boyfriend lived near her and I would see her all the time. She definitely has that super strong x-factor, dripping with charisma type of thing, even if just you see her at CVS. I guess you have to see her in real life to believe me.

The Beanie (do we really have to call her that stupid nickname??) casting is making me scratch my head. Beanie, for all intents and purposes, is pretty plain and bordering on fugly.

by Anonymousreply 115August 15, 2021 1:28 AM

Carnela Soprano as Hillary Clinton is an interesting concept.

by Anonymousreply 116August 15, 2021 2:03 AM

I don’t know where the lamp-throwing story came from, but it was well-known enough at the time that I remember someone using it in a game of Charades for Hillary (along with “cankles”). Poor Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 117August 15, 2021 2:39 AM

Hillary's life story would really be fascinating but I don't think we'll ever see it dramatized because only she and Bill know it. I don't believe her account in the book she wrote where she acts like a typical scorned wife founding out about her husbands affair.

I think her reaction would be more political like an intern! Are you trying to ruin your presidency and therefore mine too?

I think Hillary knew what she was getting into from the beginning. (not unlike Camilla Soprano who admits she always knew Tony was a gangster in one of the final seasons.)

by Anonymousreply 118August 15, 2021 3:54 AM

R110, you are completely full of shit and a Repug.

by Anonymousreply 119August 15, 2021 4:18 AM

r119 I am not a Republican you are just not getting the bigger picture. I wonder if you're old enough to remember this. It was the dominant conversation in the US for an entire year. It was a HUGE story, the biggest since Watergate. Of course were were going to dramatize it. 20 years is the standard for nostalgia and events to be re-examined. How you think this could benefit Republicans is beyond me, they acted disgracefully through the whole thing and the public was mostly in favor of Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 120August 15, 2021 4:23 AM

R120, it helps Repugs by shitting on Democrats right at the start of all the midterm hullabaloo. It also takes the focus off the criminal Repugs currently committing crimes much worse than anything Clinton did. Well, who cares what Trump and Gaetz, etc. did, Clinton did it, too. I do remember the incessant coverage. It was a fucking witchhunt and I'd wager we'll end up watching, at best, a bothsiderism version and, at worst, a hit job on Dems using the Repugs greatest hits.

by Anonymousreply 121August 15, 2021 4:31 AM

Monica Lewinsky is much prettier than this fat fugly nepotism nebbish bitch naked BEANIE. Not good casting. I’d be pissed if I was Monica.

by Anonymousreply 122August 15, 2021 4:33 AM

It's based on a Jeffrey Toobin book so will we see penises popping out from time to time?

r121 It's a cable mini=series. Very few people will see it.

by Anonymousreply 123August 15, 2021 4:35 AM

But, R123, just watch the coverage it will get in the media. It already started and they're not calling it the Starr Witchhunt.

by Anonymousreply 124August 15, 2021 4:37 AM

r121 there's always an upcoming election. There always will be upcoming elections. This is American history and it was a defining moment in modern life and it's foolish to think it wouldn't be dramatized.

by Anonymousreply 125August 15, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote] it helps Repugs by shitting on Democrats right at the start of all the midterm hullabaloo. It also takes the focus off the criminal Repugs currently committing crimes much worse than anything Clinton did.

Clinton was actually the sympathetic figure in this whole mess, it was the Republicans like Henry Hyde, Ken Starr, Newt Gingrich who were despicable and had the public's ire. Are you even old enough to remember this?

by Anonymousreply 126August 15, 2021 4:44 AM

I’ll pass. Lewinsky was a producer on this,

by Anonymousreply 127August 15, 2021 4:47 AM

I think it will be forgotten by next year r124. People will vote in the midterms based on how the economy and covid are doing. People are sick of the Clinton scandal anyway and I doubt this will be very good. Ryan Murphy has had nothing but flops lately.

(and I'm sorry to say but the incumbent president almost always loses the house on his first midterm.)

by Anonymousreply 128August 15, 2021 4:47 AM

R126, I've already said I remember the entire witchhunt. I guarantee that Clinton will not be a sympathetic character in this, especially in media coverage. Murphy is such a hack. And, no, this was not some historical political scandal that changed the country as some of you seem to think. No one cares about it at all. It didn't even need to be made so there is a reason it was made. And, Murphy being a hack is probably the biggest reason.

by Anonymousreply 129August 15, 2021 5:34 AM

Why would liberal Hollywood want to help out repugs r129.

You better rethink your argument.

by Anonymousreply 130August 15, 2021 5:37 AM

r129 it was the second biggest political scandal since Watergate. It captivated the entire country for a solid year. What don't you understand? Of course it was going to come to television. And Bill Clinton wasn't blameless. He exercised an appalling lack of judgement and basically treated a young intern like a cumrag when she thought he really had feelings for her. Clinton was a great man in some areas, but deeply flawed in others. That's what human beings can be like, it's not a good/bad world.

That being said the Republicans were all a bunch of disgusting hypocrites and their behavior was appalling. I recommend "The Clinton Affair" documentary, which goes in-depth to all the machinations and lies and subterfuge they used to try and nail Clinton. That will no doubt be a part of this series. They were despicable.

I can't imagine anyone having a good opinion of Republicans from this show.

by Anonymousreply 131August 15, 2021 5:41 AM

[quote]And, no, this was not some historical political scandal that changed the country as some of you seem to think.

Are you FUCKING KIDDING?

This changed the course of American history if you're able to look at the Butterfly Effect of history. George W. Bush, 9/11, Iraq, 2008 crash and many other things all shit that this scandal caused. The 2000 election wouldn't have been nearly close enough to call for W Bush if this scandal hadn't happened.

by Anonymousreply 132August 15, 2021 5:46 AM

R130, have you not been paying attention for the last 40 years? The media is owned by Repugs, top to bottom. There is literally no way to compare this to Watergate. Where are all the movies about the numerous Reagan scandals. Remember the little thing about leaving the American hostages in the hands of the Iranians to win the election? Remember Iran Contra?

R132, are you a fucking producer for the show or something? Maybe you are obsessed with Bill Clinton's jizz but the rest of the country doesn't give two shits. Why don't you ask yourself why there isn't any coverage of all the Repug scandals you just listed to defend highlighting the Clinon nonscandal. Oh, I know, we haven't hit the 20 year mark you pulled out of your ass, right?

by Anonymousreply 133August 15, 2021 5:50 AM

There are good people on both sides, R133.

by Anonymousreply 134August 15, 2021 5:56 AM

[quote]Remember the little thing about leaving the American hostages in the hands of the Iranians to win the election?

Wasn't Oscar winner Argo about that?

by Anonymousreply 135August 15, 2021 5:58 AM

[quote] Maybe you are obsessed with Bill Clinton's jizz but the rest of the country doesn't give two shits.

Um, no. Many people are interested to see this.

by Anonymousreply 136August 15, 2021 6:01 AM

This will be Murphy's biggest show since ACS OJ. This is going to be really big.

by Anonymousreply 137August 15, 2021 6:04 AM

R135, no, it wasn't. It's pretty telling that Repug scandals are just ignored to the point that you don't even know about the Iranian hostages that Reagan made a deal with the Iranians to let stay in Iran until after the election in order to keep using it against Carter.

R136, no, they're not. Every post you make makes it seem more and more like you are a producer of the show or Ryan Murphy himself defending this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 138August 15, 2021 6:40 AM

You're crazy r138. Hollywood has been lambasting Trump for 4 years.

And yes Argo is about the Iranian hostages: Acting under the cover of a Hollywood producer scouting a location for a science fiction film, a CIA agent launches a dangerous operation to rescue six Americans in Tehran during the U.S. hostage crisis in Iran in 1979.

It has never been proven that Reagan had a deal with the Iranians.

by Anonymousreply 139August 15, 2021 6:46 AM

How the fuck do you know that everybody in the US isn't interested r138? The OJ series was a huge hit and this will probably be too.

One thing about documentary series from history people lived through is to kind of go back in time as you're watching it to what you were doing back then and what your life was like. This was a big conversation people had during the OJ series.

by Anonymousreply 140August 15, 2021 6:53 AM

R139 is a fucking Repug troll, a really stupid one who doesn't know history or movies. Defending Reagan on this board. Go fuck yourself.

R140 is Ryan Murphy, crossing his fingers for ratings for a show no one gives a shit about watching. Are the Razzies only for theatrically released shows? If not, I see a bright future for you.

by Anonymousreply 141August 15, 2021 6:59 AM

I wish I had Ryan Murphy's money, but I can assure you I am not him. The show will be a hit, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 142August 15, 2021 7:02 AM

Ryan Murphy shows are like Jessica Lange's career. Dead. Nobody wants to see anything from them ever again. We're bored with being "shocked" in the same repetitive ways. This will be worse than Lange as Joan Crawford!!

The Monica Lewinsky Bill Clinton Impeachyment is a real head scratcher though. The subject holds zero interest for the public. It was fake news from the start. 25 years later it is boring, old, and dumb ass quaint fake news. Murphy was always a hack - but this production stinks before it starts. Why put so much diesel in the tank with Beanie and Edie Falco? Both Monica and Hillary were attractive women. I think Ryan Murphy hates women. Something it took Jessica Lange's artistic ego too long to figure out. She drinks at night now, with all the lights turned down low.

by Anonymousreply 143August 15, 2021 7:29 AM

I must be in the minority here. I thought the OJ and Gianni Versace miniseries were great. Why the hate for this guy?

by Anonymousreply 144August 15, 2021 7:56 AM

We are all still living with Clinton's blowjob, or rather his lying to Congress about it, as he decided to bomb Iraq out of the blue in order to delay his impeachment proceedings.

That decision led to so many displaced peoples in the middle east that it rocked the precarious balance previously achieved there.

The region would never balance again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 15, 2021 8:15 AM

Slick Willie, aka the Big Dawg, was, and is, by all accounts extremely charismatic. I've held his hand on a rope line (he stopped to say a few words to someone before me, while holding the hand of a young chick after me. I saw that latter move, clever Big Dawg, so I latched onto his paw, too!), and I can attest to Clinton's star power.

IOW, I don't believe he raped anyone ever; Bill's an inveterate seducer. And some women so seduced (and left) subsequently became bitter accusers (Kathleen Willey; Juanita Broaddrick; Gennifer Flowers).

But let at least some truth be known: THE person who foisted the tawdry (usually called "salacious" because sometimes a cigar is more than a cigar) details of "Clinton-Lewinsky" on the tender minds of "America's youth" was Ken "Puritan Hypocrite" Starr. It was the published Starr Report that revealed all about Who Did What to Whom in the White House. Had it been up to Bill and Monica, the affair would have remained an unknown entity.

But even before this episode, we had Paula Jones. Yes, it's probably true that Clinton misjudged what he figured Paula had implicitly agreed to by agreeing to visit his hotel room, but no harm, no foul. And no lawsuit.

UNTIL Jones became aware of an article (for which the "American Spectator" writer David Brock later apologized to President Clinton in an "Esquire" article, casting blame on Arkansas state troopers who hated Clinton) about Clinton which described that rare Big Dawg failure and felt that, though kept anonymous, she, Paula Jones, was too readily identifiable to let the matter rest. Now there was a lawsuit.

And it was during that investigative thrill-ride that Monica Lewinsky was discovered, Bill Clinton was deposed under oath, and Paula Jones received $850,000 to settle her suit by withdrawing her "sexual misconduct" case.

But Ken Starr had bought his ticket to hound the President, so pursuing the Affair Lewinsky would have to do.

The rest, as they say,......

by Anonymousreply 146August 15, 2021 8:49 AM

It was all based on a question Clinton never should have been asked or answered,. No matter what job he had, who he fucked was between him and his wife. No one else's business and most Americans knew that it was just a political attack. All the while Newt Gingrich was screaming for impeachment, he was having an affair of his own.

by Anonymousreply 147August 15, 2021 9:11 AM

R147 I mean...I honestly don't understand why anyone would be proud to support the most hypocritical, racist, misogynistic, sociopathic political group known to man.

R110 Nobody’s denying the relevancy of a POTUS getting impeached for lying under oath, but it’s been done already. What are the odds Murphy’s going to uncover something that we don’t already know? Remember this shit happened when tabloid TV was in its infancy so it was covered to DEATH.

I can already see it...an ENTIRE episode devoted to Lewinsky’s family and her high school years (FUCK ME)

God forbid, they base a series on something that was impactful but not covered ad nauseam. I’ll be checking the DL threads, but I don’t imagine I’ll be watching it.

by Anonymousreply 148August 15, 2021 10:00 AM

It says a lot about people like R105/R120 that they think a television series "takes the focus" away from actual news. Actually admitting that you're the kind of person that sees entertainment and news as the same thing; and that they're apparently incapable of thinking about multiple things at once. In short - just because you're an idiot, R105, doesn't mean the rest of us are.

[quote]but the rest of the country doesn't give two shits

In which case no-one will watch this show, so why are you whining?

So this show will simultaneously ensure a Republican victory in the midterms, while at the same time absolutely no-one has any interest in it? Quite the achievement. Once again, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 149August 15, 2021 10:47 AM

R144 He's a successful gay man, DL hates that. He also hires gay actors, DL also hates that.

by Anonymousreply 150August 15, 2021 10:47 AM

I never believed Juanita Broaddrick's account of how Clinton molested her.

by Anonymousreply 151August 15, 2021 11:20 AM

[quote] I must be in the minority here. I thought the OJ and Gianni Versace miniseries were great. Why the hate for this guy?

[quote] He's a successful gay man, DL hates that. He also hires gay actors, DL also hates that.

Not me, I have seen every frame of every work Ryan Murphy has done since Nip/Tuck. I predicted here two minutes after the first episode of "American Horror Story that Jessica Lange would sweep the awards that year. I support him. I admired "The Normal Heart" and loved "The Prom". It's this project I will not watch.

by Anonymousreply 152August 15, 2021 11:53 AM

[quote]...they think a television series "takes the focus" away from actual news. Actually admitting that you're the kind of person that sees entertainment and news as the same thing; and that they're apparently incapable of thinking about multiple things at once. In short - just because you're an idiot, [R105], doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Yes, America is filled to the brim with fucking idiots who conflate news and entertainment. You have an agenda posting here because you are a Repug-licking, Fox "news" watching, political and social moron. You have to be a special kind of obtuse to pretend that almost 50% of this country gets their news from Fox or their idiotic friends who repost and discuss the crap spewed daily by Fox as if it were actual news. We can all smell you, dear, and you're putrid.

by Anonymousreply 153August 15, 2021 11:53 AM

I love Ryan Murphy’s based-on-true-story stuff (and can’t wait to watch this one), but have no real interest in his other shows. The book this is based on is pretty interesting; I think a lot of viewers, even older ones who lived through this, will be surprised by some of the details. Still can’t believe they grabbed Monica at Pentagon City Mall…

by Anonymousreply 154August 15, 2021 12:02 PM

R153 If they get their news from Fox they're already voting Republican, so what exactly changes? This isn't going to change how people vote, that's just stupid. And if anyone here is a Republican, it's clearly you. You're trying way too hard and are way too over the top to be a genuinely concerned Democrat. Plus, you being a Republican would explain why your arguments are so stupidly paper thin.

R154 That's why I recommended The Clinton Affair. It's quite clear so many posters here are totally ignorant of what actually happened, and instead choose to rely on their hazy memories from over two decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 155August 15, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote] And, no, this was not some historical political scandal that changed the country as some of you seem to think.

It was the first impeachment of a sitting president in over 100 years.

by Anonymousreply 156August 15, 2021 2:20 PM

[quote] It was all based on a question Clinton never should have been asked or answered,. No matter what job he had, who he fucked was between him and his wife. No one else's business

Yes. I completely agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 157August 15, 2021 2:21 PM

Completely different circumstances, stupid r157.

Monica, for trenchant example, never accused President Clinton, never sued President Clinton, never demanded the resignation of President Clinton.

Ms. Lewinsky was, in point of fact, a besotted 23-year-old woman in a sought-after affair with a married man.

A married man who, in fact and with a nod to r155, broke of their relationship and had his paramour transferred.

But Monica raised a ruckus, as one might have predicted, so Clinton, weak in the face of temptation and possibly fearful of her recklessness, agreed to see her one final time.

That was the time Monica wore her fateful blue dress.

by Anonymousreply 158August 15, 2021 3:30 PM

It's amazing how sex scandals involving marital infidelity (not rape) used to be, and how outraged people used to get, and now nobody gives a shit. Things changed SO fast.

by Anonymousreply 159August 15, 2021 3:33 PM

R158, did you forget why the question was asked in the deposition to begin with? To establish a pattern of improprieties with subordinates.

The whole line of questioning didn’t just stem from thin air as to whether he was fucking around with an intern.

by Anonymousreply 160August 15, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote]did you forget why the question was asked in the deposition to begin with? To establish a pattern of improprieties with subordinates.

Which was political theater by Republicans trying to take down a very popular President.

by Anonymousreply 161August 15, 2021 4:14 PM

I happen to agree with you, but it doesn’t change the fact that he was being sued in a sexual harassment suit and was asked at a deposition about prior and current acts. Then he lied about it.

While I don’t think he should’ve been impeached, nor Congress spend any time or money on it, we cannot deny he lied under oath at a deposition.

by Anonymousreply 162August 15, 2021 4:28 PM

I want Ryan Murphy to make a series about Bill Clinton and Scientology!

by Anonymousreply 163August 15, 2021 4:53 PM

R160, You reply to the wrong poster. R158 (and r146) is not r147.

But to respond to you anyway: Using and threatening the WILLING SEXUAL PARTNER of President Clinton was the tactic of a repressed Puritan straight out of 1692 Salem. That Monica was a White House intern was completely irrelevant to the Jones case, for the job aided Lewinsky in giving her (and her "Presidential knee-pads," to quote her) the proximity she sought, rather than the distancing demanded by Jones.

Monica Lewinsky never was, and never claimed to be (well, maybe she claims now, being in a more "enlightened" time when middle-aged women forget that they had minds and Free Will in their 20s) a "subordinate" taken advantage of by a "superior."

So perhaps looking for that "pattern" was not quite the ethical pursuit, even if (disingenuously) legal.

I think it should finally be acknowledged that "a vast Right-Wing conspiracy" has been extant for decades.

by Anonymousreply 164August 15, 2021 5:05 PM

I'm very happy most of the people here admit that Monica was super pretty. A lot of people I've known have denied that.

Linda Tripp was the asshole, Ken Starr was the pervert. Hillary had every reason to be angry.

I never felt that Clinton lied to me. He said he didn't have sexual relations with Monica. By sexual relations, he meant doing the deed. When he said that, I realized that something had gone on, because he didn't say that NOTHING had happened.

Why would a pretty woman be less sympathetic? Why not hire someone who looked like Monica?

And most importantly, when is this going to be on tv???

by Anonymousreply 165August 15, 2021 5:48 PM

You really are an odious little creep, R164.

by Anonymousreply 166August 15, 2021 5:49 PM

I am surprised at how bad some of the casting is for this.

Monica is much better looking now than she was back then. She was somewhere between cute - prettyish in the 90s depending on her grooming and weight fluctuation. Not beautiful, not super pretty but definitely more attractive than Beanie.

I think Beanie being less attractive will definitely make Monica more sympathetic to audiences. Beanie's demeanor in general seems more innocent than I can ever remember Monica coming across and that will make her more sympathetic too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 15, 2021 10:08 PM

RM should do Watergate. The amount of intrigue, crimes, lies, deceptions is enormous. It has colorful characters like Gordon Liddy, Sam Ervin and Martha Mitchell, super crooks like John Mitchell, Nixon and Halderman/Erlichman. It's one of the fascinating stories of the last century

by Anonymousreply 168August 16, 2021 4:30 AM

Watergate is now and ever will be the most boring scandal. Bill Clinton was getting his dick wet from his very first days in politics. Not really exciting but it makes him a lifelong liar, right?

Watergate has been done. Most of us weren't born when it happened. The films and books seem over serious and inflated in a modern world.

Someone here is so anti Republican that HE's insane about everything. Nixon and his buddies were the last politicians to be held accountable for their crimes. They all paid. More than Clinton, Bush or Obama or Trump. But Dustin Hoffman and the blond guy are deadly dull uncovering it all in that bad film. What an earnest movie. And so many after. John F Kennedy was every bit as shady and criminal as Nixon. Nixon ushered in the beginning of WOKE.

Ryan Murphy produces trash. Badly written, historically inaccurate and terribly cast trash.

The only way to approach politics now is through real satire. Murphy is sarcastic. That's different.

Nancy Pelosi is a sketchy woman too. Be careful what you wish for.

by Anonymousreply 169August 16, 2021 4:41 AM

[quote]But Dustin Hoffman and the blond guy are deadly dull uncovering it all in that bad film.

The movie tried to make it all about the relationship between Woodward and Bernstein, because Redford and Hoffman wanted to be the center of the movie.

I agree with you that the movie was bad and terribly. Every documentary on Watergate is ten times more interesting than Redfords lame acting and Hoffman's overacting.

by Anonymousreply 170August 16, 2021 4:47 AM

Two multi-part documentaries about Watergate are "Watergate" (2018) and "Slow Burn" (2020), they're both excellent and all you need to watch.

I agree that the Watergate scandal was rather dull, and honestly seems rather quaint in modern times.

by Anonymousreply 171August 16, 2021 5:25 AM

Edie Falco seems too butch for Hillary. Hillary was actually softer and even a bit pretty when they were in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 172August 16, 2021 5:40 AM

Edie Falco's in her sixties, wasn't Hillary only in her forties back then?

by Anonymousreply 173August 16, 2021 6:04 AM

Care to explain your descriptors a tad, r166?

What I, r164, am is a Frau who's been around a few blocks. So don't even try to tell me I've got either the history or the participants' motives wrong.

As r165 said, Ken Starr was a pervert.

by Anonymousreply 174August 16, 2021 6:39 AM

I have no doubt Ken Star was rubbing one out when he read all the salacious details. There was no reason whatsoever that Monica had to go into such detail about her encounters with Clinton. That was unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 175August 16, 2021 6:47 AM

I meant to say there was no reason for the investigators to ask Monica to go into such detail in her deposition, she certainly did not volunteer any information, they made her tell them everything.

by Anonymousreply 176August 16, 2021 6:48 AM

After 9/11 sex scandals were done. Nobody cared anymore after that happened.

by Anonymousreply 177August 16, 2021 6:49 AM

R169, And what exactly would you say were Obama's "crimes"?

So you think the majority on DL were born post-1972? Good luck with that!

Sorry if you consider the illegal bombing of Cambodia; Presidential "enemies lists"; subornation of perjury; burglary; bribery; illegal wiretapping; money launderjng; etc. to be "boring" with "over serious books" written about the scandal (full disclosure: I probably own them all and have read most).

But then, I suppose that's proof of your relative youth.

Oh, and I am unequivocally 100% "anti-Republican." I defy you to offer a reason not to be. And don't give me "Lincoln."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 16, 2021 6:57 AM

r169 is the "ancient white fags" troll just stirring up shit.

by Anonymousreply 179August 16, 2021 7:10 AM

Here's my beef with Ryan Murphy...he has GREAT instincts for shows and projects. I mean, he's a gay after my own heart with the topics he's brought to the screen but...

NONE of his shows are totally satisfying pieces of art or entertainment. Not one.

He gets these terrific ideas: a show about plastic surgeons! a haunted house show! a weekly series about high school kids in show choir! A mini series about the making of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane!

All really fun ideas for shows and yet they all have problems...the longer form shows were tragically uneven. Nip/Tuck got ridiculously over the top. Glee was so fucking inconsistent...you could tell from week to week that it was a different writer/show runner in charge. American Horror Story has had great ideas but every single season is desperately in need of a strong story editor. Feud should have been a two part mini series not stretched out for the ridiculously long run it had (7 episodes?)

And, we won't even talk about the out and out turds like The Politician. Or, these nutty "let's get famous actors and make them wear awful hair and make up so they look like real people" history things he's doing now.

RM has talent but he's really more of an idea man...he really should just be a producer or studio/network head who can assign better talented writers/directors to actually produce all his good ideas.

by Anonymousreply 180August 16, 2021 7:41 AM

R150

lmao he hires (white) gay actors he usually wants to bang not because of their talent. Hardly something to admire.

by Anonymousreply 181August 16, 2021 7:45 AM

Monica is the Exec Producer so expect a lot of white washing

by Anonymousreply 182August 16, 2021 7:45 AM

[quote]I think Beanie being less attractive will definitely make Monica more sympathetic to audiences.

They are probably feverishly editing in subliminal halos above Monica's head.

by Anonymousreply 183August 16, 2021 9:13 AM

R174 Except in both cases you have gotten both wrong. Once again, doing some actual research rather than relying on your memory would help, but that'd also mean admitting you were wrong, which you're clearly incapable of. And maybe deal with your hatred of other women too.

by Anonymousreply 184August 16, 2021 11:43 AM

R182 She's a producer, not exec producer.

by Anonymousreply 185August 16, 2021 11:44 AM

Scientology would be great. But you know Murphy wouldn't touch THAT with someone else's dick.

by Anonymousreply 186August 16, 2021 12:07 PM

I’d like to see him take on a financial crime / fraud scandal. Like Enron or Theranos.

by Anonymousreply 187August 16, 2021 12:19 PM

Enron would also be great R187

by Anonymousreply 188August 16, 2021 12:23 PM

R184, Which "both"? No, really. This time I am genuinely inquiring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 16, 2021 12:39 PM

Thanks for the recommendations, r171!

I want to check them out.

by Anonymousreply 190August 16, 2021 12:52 PM

R184---Monica's thong; the FBI threats; Linda Tripp; Clinton's ending the sex; Starr's Javertian pursuit of the President; what did I get wrong?

My "hatred of other women"? You mean Bill's accusers, they who sat with the Republicans for Trump during the Trump-HRC debate? Yes, I loathe and abominate those women.

Do I "hate" Monica? Not the younger one. Maybe jealous! The older, current one, the Monica who is now portraying herself as Republicans did, as the subordinate "taken advantage of"? Yeah, not too fond of this dame.

Do I harbor "hatred of other women" in general? Approaching age 72, I'd give that a big "WTH for?!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 16, 2021 12:53 PM

R191 Your own words damn you

[quote]Yes, it's probably true that Clinton misjudged what he figured Paula had implicitly agreed to by agreeing to visit his hotel room, but no harm, no foul. And no lawsuit.

Implicitly agreed? The same kind of bullshit language used by the lowlifes who defended Weinstein.

[quote]Do I "hate" Monica? Not the younger one. Maybe jealous!

Says it all. You're just utterly pathetic. And it's quite clear your errors aren't mistakes but deliberate distortions. At some point you should be asking yourself why, if Clinton is oh-so-innocent, you're having to lie to defend him, and why you're using the same kind of language Republicans used to disparage Trump's accusers.

by Anonymousreply 192August 16, 2021 2:08 PM

This will be another Ryan Murphy crapfest.

by Anonymousreply 193August 16, 2021 2:50 PM

What are you people arguing about? I am a woman, and I can see this from both sides. Or more. Yes, I understand Monica. Yes, I understand Hillary. And, it was interesting. There wasn't much else going on back then.

Trump had sex with a lot of people too, but he seems more gropey. Like, the woman who described him as an octopus on the plane. She wasn't looking for anything. I get the feeling that Clinton tried to go for women who were willing. Maybe he misread the situation sometimes, but Monica was willing. Trump would go for anyone he found attractive. Sometimes they were willing, sometimes not. He didn't even care or even consider it. He thought it was right to have sex with anyone he wanted. That's the difference.

by Anonymousreply 194August 16, 2021 4:04 PM

Hillary Clinton is good looking, just badly dressed and pre-good haircut. Edie Falco is an good actress but ugly.

by Anonymousreply 195August 16, 2021 4:07 PM

“An good actress”?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 196August 16, 2021 4:12 PM

A well actress?

by Anonymousreply 197August 16, 2021 6:38 PM

Clinton only paid off the women he got rapey with. When he pushed Streisand down to her knees and held her head down on his dick - she was NOT happy. He was forced to praise her singing and beauty many times after.

by Anonymousreply 198August 16, 2021 9:42 PM

That must’ve hurt him. What with that nose and all.

by Anonymousreply 199August 16, 2021 10:06 PM

Monica WAS a victim....of Linda Tripp who actually used/abused her more than Slick Willy did.

Monica was also quite stupid (though not as stupid as Bill for sticking his dick into an intern while President).

Really, everyone involved in this scandal was a slimeball to some degree or the other with Bill at the head of the list for being so stupid, followed by Ken Starr and his witch hunt, then Linda Tripp for being a sneaky, manipulative bitch. Monica wasn't a slimeball but just...foolish with a Daddy complex. Which is probably why DL seems to like her. A large chunk of DL is populated by foolish fatties with Daddy complexes who enjoy furtive blow jobs in dangerous situations.

by Anonymousreply 200August 17, 2021 2:00 AM

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 201August 17, 2021 10:50 PM

It sounds like they are really halo-ing her up. They were going to leave out the thong flashing incident: "...Lewinsky’s panty presentation was initially nixed from the original “Impeachment” script by writer Sarah Burgess, who feared 'retraumatizing Monica' by recreating the scene for the series." Even Monica understood they should leave that in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 27, 2021 3:47 AM

It seems badly cast. Edie is too butch for Hillary, Beanie to ugly for Monica, Clive too big of a fake nose for Bill.

Let's recast DL style. Go!

by Anonymousreply 203August 27, 2021 4:05 AM

Let's not.

by Anonymousreply 204August 27, 2021 4:06 AM

I'm a little late for this discussion, but I just saw the series and it was EXCELLENT. So ingeniously written. The acting was pretty good too, especially Sarah Paulson. But Beanie Feldstein and Clive Owen also put in good performances. Hulu keeps knocking it out of the park.

by Anonymousreply 205May 29, 2022 2:44 AM

I loved Linda Tripp in this.

by Anonymousreply 206May 29, 2022 3:01 AM

R160, You are confusing me with another poster. The "question" issue is not mine.

But please, do not pretend that Ken Starr had some legit motive.

by Anonymousreply 207May 29, 2022 3:30 AM

What's with all the "Monica was so beautiful" compared to the actress playing her. I was very young when this scandal happened, but I remember Monica to be a heifer. Wasn't she kind of chubby and meh, which added to the outrage? She was no Marliyn Monroe. Beanie or whatever her name is seems like the perfect choice.

by Anonymousreply 208May 29, 2022 5:03 AM

R5, yes this scandal does seem quaint today.

Especially since we now know that Bill Clinton was closely involved for years with 2 sexual predators who ran an international child sex ring that victimized girls as young as at least 12.

by Anonymousreply 209May 29, 2022 5:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!