Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florence Pugh, Anya Taylor-Joy, Anthony Ramos, Rege-Jean Page and Jonathan Majors are Hollywood’s newest A-Listers

According to The Hollywood Reporter, they’re the most in demand young actors in Hollywood right now, as well as Yahya Abdul-Mateen, each with many projects coming out and all of them booked for new films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2021 5:38 PM

Very odd that Zendaya isn't on the list since she's actually more well known, just won an Emmy for TV Drama as a lead, and is in another mayor movie, Doom. But it doesn't matter cause this is a PR piece for girls on the cusp, minus Pugh who has serious momentum.

Zendaya will be A-list soon enough, if she isn't already. I suppose her PR team didn't feel like they needed to announce the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2021 1:25 PM

R1 = Zendaya's PR team

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2021 1:27 PM

Where's that Timothy guy DL is obsessed with?

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2021 1:28 PM

Most of them are Untalented-Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2021 1:31 PM

How does Ramos make the A list when the film he was a lead in flopped, even when people could watch it for free at home?

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2021 1:32 PM

Is Ramos the friend from A Star is Born?

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2021 1:36 PM

all nationalites were chosed, ,correct politicaly, if there were no black it would be racism

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2021 1:40 PM

up and coming, yes

A List, no

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2021 1:44 PM

Wow, I'm a serious movie buff and only know Pugh (who I love) and Taylor-Joy (who I don't). Don't you have to be known to be "A-list"?

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2021 2:01 PM

Shouldn't most people know wtf you are for you to be A-list? I have no idea who these people are. Never heard of them.

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2021 2:04 PM

Thank God, no white men

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2021 2:09 PM

Zendaya would have been on this list if Doom had come out last fall as scheduled. She'll be on it next year.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2021 2:13 PM

Florence Stanley > Florence Pugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2021 2:14 PM

Per the article , they are considered newly A-list because they are at the top of every casting director’s wish list . And not necessarily they're hugely popular or box-office magnet or house-hold-name. I think Zendaya is already in the A-list or used to be there - so she's not in this list.

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2021 2:16 PM

Florence Pugh, who only got an oscar nomination because they didn't want to nominate Jennifer Lopez?

This is why Hollywood is out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2021 2:19 PM

Ramos was good in HBO's In Treatment.

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2021 2:19 PM

Right. We.had faces then.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2021 2:24 PM

I find Francis Pugh extremely unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2021 2:35 PM

that nigger was not needed here

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2021 2:39 PM

r12 DUNE not Doom

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2021 2:40 PM

I wish them well!

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2021 2:41 PM

[quote] Florence Pugh, who only got an oscar nomination because they didn't want to nominate Jennifer Lopez?

Given that Little Women received multiple nominations, including Best Picture, I don't think she was the one who stole a nomination from Lopez. More likely it was Kathy Bates, who was a relatively surprise nominee for Richard Jewell, a film that received no other nominations.

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2021 2:42 PM

I'm willing to bet none of them will be consistently headlining films in the next 5 years. How many times does this game have to be played?

If this list were made in 2016, who would be on it, and how has that worked out for them? Zendaya? Tom Holland? Timothee Chalamet? All are doing well in their careers, but they've had mixed success in terms of carrying films.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2021 2:51 PM

R9 Why don't you like Anya? And why wasn't R19 this racist scum blocked and his comment deleted?

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2021 2:53 PM

R24 because we live in a free country

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2021 3:00 PM

I like Florence Pugh; she's talented.

I've never understood Anya Taylor-Joy, but straight people seem to think her fish face is the height of beauty. Decent actor. She's already plugged into the A-list with all the high-quality productions she's been in. So she has what it takes to be a star for a very long time.

The others aren't going to last.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2021 3:02 PM

Florence wasn’t the surprise nominee that year, almost everyone predicted she would be nominated. Kathy Bates was the surprise nominee. No one thought that hammy performance was getting in.

As for Zendaya, she’s been considered an A-Lister since the year she was in The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man. She isn’t someone we are just hearing about recently like these others. She is a household name for a few years now.

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2021 3:05 PM

I like Florence Pugh, but she's built like a fire hydrant...which bugs me.

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2021 3:05 PM

Timmy has been considered A-List since CMBYN. Like Zendaya, he isn’t some new name just coming about. He’s been working consistently for a few years now.

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2021 3:06 PM

Anthony Ramos has nothing but love from me, a fellow Brooklyn born/raised Latino.

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2021 3:07 PM

[quote]I've never understood Anya Taylor-Joy, but straight people seem to think her fish face is the height of beauty.

That poochyness in the lip area in white females that looks horsy to Americans seems to be especially prized by the British. I think it's seen as posh or aristocratic.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2021 3:09 PM

r24, all I can think of when I see her is the Geico gecko. And she has zero charisma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2021 3:18 PM

Anya is hot. I'd do her.

by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2021 3:24 PM

[quote]Florence Pugh, Anya Taylor-Joy, Anthony Ramos, Rege-Jean Page and Jonathan Majors are Hollywood’s newest A-Listers

I’ll be the judge of that.

by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2021 3:29 PM

This list is more new names that are just breaking into the next level up. Zendaya has been around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2021 4:01 PM

R35 correct.

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2021 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!