Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Return of the Jedi original ending.

SO LAME!

Rofl.

I'm happy they changed it, including the song.

That Ewok song was especially stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 10, 2021 10:07 PM

This movie still sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2021 3:43 AM

Yub nub!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2021 3:44 AM

I preferred it. OP is a dick.

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2021 3:46 AM

I hated the Ewoks.

And that original ending "celebration" was WEAK as shit!

LucasFilm realized that it had to be bigger in scale, to show celebration THROUGHOUT the galaxy, and not just in one stupid forest on Endor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2021 3:56 AM

Well that ending wasn’t possible in 1983, you snot-nosed brat.

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2021 4:09 AM

At least this version has original Anakin.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2021 4:11 AM

Return of the Jedi was the last Star Wars movie I've watched, and that was in 1983. I've not seen any of the prequels or sequels. I had no idea they had re-edited the ending. I worked at a movie theater in the summer of 83 that showed it. You have no idea how many times I had to listen to that Yub-Nub song. Now I feel like part of my youth has been erased.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2021 4:14 AM

I’ve never seen any of the Star Wars movies, but OP are you like 22? And retarded?

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote] Now I feel like part of my youth has been erased

You should be grateful.

The new ending is much better.

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2021 4:20 AM

George Lucas could never succeed with anything unrelated after it, so he took it out on the original trilogy with needless alteration after needless alteration.

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2021 4:20 AM

R8 "are you like" then you call someone else retarded? Like, for real, like.

by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2021 4:20 AM

R10 is Indiana Jones related? I honestly don't know.

by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2021 4:23 AM

Lol R11.

This is R8...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2021 4:24 AM

[quote] he took it out on the original trilogy with needless alteration after needless alteration.

Han shot first!

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2021 4:25 AM

OP smells just as bad on the outside.

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2021 4:26 AM

Aw, look at OP and R11. That’s cute. Retards should stick together.

by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2021 4:26 AM

[quote] [R10] is Indiana Jones related? I honestly don't know.

Spielberg directed it. Lucas just produced. Outside of those, he gave us one failure after another. [italic]Howard the Duck[/italic] laid an egg that could feed all of Hollywood for years with jokes at the expense of its failures. I saw [italic]Willow[/italic] in theaters and barely remember it. Then there were [italic]Radioland Murders[/italic] and [italic]Red Tails[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2021 4:30 AM

R7 you’re not missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2021 4:32 AM

I loved Willow!

Val Kilmer was hot in that movie.

And the midgets were so cute.

by Anonymousreply 19August 8, 2021 4:34 AM

Some of the midgets in Willow also played Ewoks in ROTJ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 8, 2021 4:36 AM

I think Matt Roloff from "Little People, Big World" was an Ewok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2021 4:38 AM

Warwick Davis at R20 has also been in some of the recent Star Wars movies.

by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2021 4:46 AM

OP, you can yub my nub.

by Anonymousreply 23August 8, 2021 5:12 AM

Heretic! I actually prefer the Yub Nub song.

I also thought that Lapti Nek was superior to Jedi Rocks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 8, 2021 5:56 AM

Singing Ewoks is better than the ridiculous identity thief "Rey Skywalker" ending.

by Anonymousreply 25August 8, 2021 6:21 AM

Wrong, R25.

Those Yub Nubs are stupid characters that serve no purpose other than to sell them to kids in their Happy Meals at McDonald's and Burger King .

by Anonymousreply 26August 8, 2021 2:56 PM

The studio should've clamped down and told George Lucas to get rid of the Ewoks. What a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 27August 8, 2021 3:25 PM

This is what audiences saw apparently.

by Anonymousreply 28August 8, 2021 3:31 PM

The very last time the name "Richard Marquand" was ever equated with applause.

by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2021 3:32 PM

[auogd] The studio should've clamped down and told George Lucas to get rid of the Ewoks. What a disaster.

The Ewoks were a cheap ploy to sell merchandise to children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2021 3:38 PM

[quote] The studio should've clamped down and told George Lucas to get rid of the Ewoks. What a disaster.

The Ewoks were a cheap ploy to sell merchandise to children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2021 3:38 PM

I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Episodes 7, 8, and 9 were the best movies of the entire Star Wars series.

And they were also the most "adult" movies of the nine made.

by Anonymousreply 32August 8, 2021 8:32 PM

I find OP's lack of faith disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2021 8:37 PM

The Skywalker Trilogy was absolutely awful and a pointless re-tread of the original trilogy. This is the nearly universal opinion. The movies sucked and people hated them.

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2021 8:45 PM

It's on TNT again tonight. Why does TNT show Star Wars films so much when Disney owns them?

by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2021 2:27 AM

I liked Yub Dub. It brought the whole trilogy down to earth and highlighted the end of the saga as a win for the very, very little guy. Neither the Empire nor the rebels had bothered to recruit - or even acknowledge - the Ewoks, and they proved to be the deciding factor.

The original song at Jabba's was far superior to the slick comic disaster of Jedi Rocks. The original was actually sleazy with moves and music that remined you that, for all that she was unattractive to human eyes, the singer was performing topless and was probably smoking hot by the standards of her life forms.

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2021 2:37 AM

[quote] The original was actually sleazy with moves and music that remined you that, for all that she was unattractive to human eyes, the singer was performing topless and was probably smoking hot by the standards of her life forms.

Speaking of which, would Leia's sex slave outfit be cancelled in 2021?

I thought it was hot, but you just know the WOKE SJW's would be screaming their heads off about it.

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2021 2:46 AM

Oh definitely Leia as a sex slave in that bikini outfit would be very problematic in 2021! That whole story arc would have to go.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2021 2:52 AM

They need to redo the ending again and this time have Luke, Leia, Han and the rest of the gang in a parade in Coruscant with this song playing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2021 2:52 AM

I think the original version of the Ewoks, hot naked muscle studs that shot lasers out of their dicks, would have been better. Maxwell Caulfield was going to play Wicket.

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2021 2:56 AM

I don't see a problem, R38!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2021 3:00 AM

R24 There is an extra piece of Oola's side boob showing in the dance scene that was cut. That scene was perfect the way it was and very 'adult' for Star Wars. Return of the Jedi was the episode that needed the least tampering, and it got thoroughly butchered in the re-release. Thank God for 4K83 and the Depecialized version.

The Song 'Lapti Nek' was written by Joseph Williams (son of John), who sang it in Huttese, and also recorded an English language version called "Work it Out"; intended to be released as a disco hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2021 3:04 AM

Lots of women like the slutty costume...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2021 3:11 AM

Even more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2021 3:11 AM

I don't care how much anyone hated them, I love Star Wars. I love ALL Star Wars movies, some more than others but still all of them. It's nostalgic and connected to my innocent youth before I knew the Datalounge existed.

Episodes four, five and six are my personal favorites and always will be. It was magic when that first one was released.

Episodes seven, eight and nine are second, largely because they retain more of the look and feel of the original Star Wars. I like that.

Episodes one, two and three didn't really do it for me but I went back and watched them again and it's still Star Wars. Star Wars is better than most things that aren't Star Wars.

Now the Mandalorian is real fucking Star Wars and it's fantastic.

I didn't much care for the Ewoks when they arrived and I haven't warmed to them. Marketing sounds about right but anything was marketable with a Star Wars label on it. Didn't have to be Ewoks..

by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2021 3:12 AM

Han should have been Jabba's slave, not Leia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote] Lots of women like the slutty costume...

LOTS of women like to dress sexy. I’m an avowed leftist; but the left’s war on sexiness is wrongheaded to me. Object if that’s all there is to a character, but otherwise, let those titties bounce!

[quote] Han should have been Jabba's slave, not Leia

Or this...this would work!

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2021 4:42 AM

OP, you would prefer another ending, a non-cuddly ending? Then name the ending!

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2021 5:53 AM

[quote] OP, you would prefer another ending, a non-cuddly ending? Then name the ending!

Personally, I would love to have seen the entire planet of Endor explode, with little Ewok pieces floating forever into endless space...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2021 6:01 AM

Is there anyone else on DL who doesn't give a FLYING FUCK about Star Wars--in any iteration????

by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2021 6:31 AM

Oh God, I hated that Muppet Show act they replaced Lapti Nek with.

As a kid I didn't mind the Ewoks. However, even back then, I thought that bit dragged a bit. As a kid I was so in awe of Jabba the Hut's court as dark and gritty as it was.

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2021 6:53 AM

As a kid, I liked the Ewoks. As an adult, I appreciate the small scale finale where the rebels on Endor's moon don't know about the galactic celebrations but are having their own party anyway. Regardless, replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen at the end is one of many examples of what a hack George Lucas is.

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2021 7:00 AM

[quote] As a kid I was so in awe of Jabba the Hut's court as dark and gritty as it was.

Which shows that kids are much more sophisticated than Lucas gave them credit for.

My favorite location was Lando Calrissian's cloud city, because it was sleek and stylish and sophisticated.

So what did he give us as a follow up? Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks.

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2021 7:02 AM

Cloud City was my favorite location and must be one of the most beautiful places in the history of science fiction film.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2021 7:04 AM

It really was, R54.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2021 7:14 AM

Nobody screams about sex slave costumes nowadays as much as R37 screams, shrieks and squeals about imaginary “WOKE SJWS.”

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2021 8:06 AM

The Ewoks were a parallel to the Jawas in Star Wars. I never had a problem with them.

For those who do…

Get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2021 5:22 PM

R53 R54 , there were only some few moments in the series where science fiction actually poked its head out of the hole. I liked Cloud City, one of my favorite short scenes is where Count Dooku's ship approaches a planet and the metal parachute opens and the ship skims over a city. There were very few actual futuristic scenes in any of the movies.

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2021 5:43 PM

I think that was on Coruscant, R58.

Are you talking about the end of Episode II, where Dooku escaped the "bug stadium?"

He flew back to Coruscant the "City Planet" and went to a shady part of town to meet up with Darth Sidious.

by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2021 6:17 PM

Yes, R59, that is the scene. Another scene I liked was the chase between young Obi and the bounty hunter in the asteroid belt and the landing on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2021 6:23 PM

[quote] It really was, R54.

R55, attachment is forbidden.

Possession is forbidden.

Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life.

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2021 6:38 PM

Uh...DUH.

"“I’ve been involved in a number of projects that have been – in most cases, series – that have ideas that begin the thing where you feel like you know where it’s gonna go, and sometimes it’s an actor who comes in, other times it’s a relationship that as-written doesn’t quite work, and things that you think are gonna just be so well-received just crash and burn and other things that you think like, ‘Oh that’s a small moment’ or ‘That’s a one-episode character’ suddenly become a hugely important part of the story. I feel like what I’ve learned as a lesson a few times now, and it’s something that especially in this pandemic year working with writers [has become clear], the lesson is that you have to plan things as best you can, and you always need to be able to respond to the unexpected. And the unexpected can come in all sorts of forms, and I do think that there’s nothing more important than knowing where you’re going.”

“You just never really know, but having a plan I have learned – in some cases the hard way – is the most critical thing, because otherwise you don’t know what you’re setting up. You don’t know what to emphasize. Because if you don’t know the inevitable of the story, you’re just as good as your last sequence or effect or joke or whatever, but you want to be leading to something inevitable.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2021 8:02 PM

r57 the Jawas were kind of background characters, and they didn't get a huge amount of screen time. The Ewoks were essential characters and a lot of screen time was spent on them in the second half of the movie.

I was a kid back then, but as an adult I just can't believe what a bad creative decision the whole Ewok Village scenes were.

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2021 8:05 PM

Episode VI has always been my least favorite.

by Anonymousreply 64August 10, 2021 8:07 PM

Saw all of the first three releases in theaters and was enraptured until this crap hit the screen. As a young gayling, I found it quite tacky.

by Anonymousreply 65August 10, 2021 10:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!