Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's talk about Maggie Smith

What was her best film? What about her prive life? I find ger son Toby incredibly hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2021 4:24 PM

Sorry for the typos ... I am a bit drunk, gents.

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2021 3:12 PM

R1, as long as you can still take the member, no one cares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2021 3:17 PM

She portrayed my favorite character in Downton but I don't know anything about her beyond that. I love her for that role, however. I've read that roles dry up for women that are beyond their shelf life expiration date so I'm very glad that she was cast in such a good role late in her career.

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2021 3:18 PM

Has Helen Mirren been cast in The Maggi Smith Story yet?

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2021 3:21 PM

Her other son with Stephens isn't as good looking as his brother Toby.

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2021 3:24 PM

Love her. Totally without airs or graces, despite being one of the best, as well as best-known, actors in the English-speaking world. Good interview with her here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2021 3:24 PM

older than cunt

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2021 3:25 PM

This is such a predictable answer, but Prime of Miss Jean Brodie has to be one of her top performances. For the person who mainly knows who from Downton Abby, that would be a good place to start checking out her other performances.

I know Harry Potter is a bit frowned on her, but I did always like her Harry Potter character in both the films and the books.

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2021 3:34 PM

Toby Stephens is HAWT.

by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2021 4:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!