Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kathy Griffin details 2020 suicide attempt, secret pill addiction

Oh, Kathleen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2022 3:19 PM

Was Yashar living in her basement then?

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote]“The irony is not lost on me that, a little over a year ago, all I wanted to do was die,” Griffin said. “And now, all I wanna do is live.”

Funny, we still want you to die.

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2021 1:11 AM

Any guess as to what her mental problem(s) is/are?

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2021 1:15 AM

Is she dead yet? I got shit to do.

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2021 1:17 AM

R4 yet here you are

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2021 1:18 AM

The cause of all her nastiness, meanness and toxic traits is becoming apparent....a profoundly fucked up, miserable woman.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2021 1:19 AM

R4 / R6 etc. you seem obsessed

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2021 1:21 AM

That doesn’t look like her, except for the wig.

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2021 1:23 AM

I had no idea she had lung cancer!

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2021 1:26 AM

Her nose looks crooked in that picture of her with the purple dress, but I guess it's just poorly applied white face powder.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2021 1:33 AM

I don’t know one comedian who is/was happy in their personal life.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2021 1:35 AM

She’s borderline.

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2021 1:36 AM

I genuinely feel sorry for Kathy. I think the photo situation screwed up her mental health (which probably wasn't the best before, her best friends were Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen). Like it was obviously a smear job from Harvey Levin and the Trump Admin played it up to distract from the actual shenanigans going on backstage of the WH. I wish her peace and love in her final days, if this lung cancer really can't be recovered from. I remember watching her stand up on Netflix for the first time when I was 13 or 14. I laughed my ass off until I teared up and had stomach cramps.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2021 1:39 AM

Is she still married to that second husband? I always found that relationship bizarre - almost like she was desperate just to have someone.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2021 1:41 AM

Do women celebrities keep anything to themselves these days?

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2021 1:44 AM

What’s a secret pill?

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2021 1:45 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2021 2:50 AM

Has she posted anything on social media since she got out of surgery?

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2021 7:36 AM

She's so unfunny. She's like a female Andy Dick. Why is she so popular and loved on DL?

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2021 7:57 AM

Her and Barbara Corcoran seem like well worn, nubby little old ladies cut from the same cloth. They should do a comedy together as twins separated at birth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2021 8:02 AM

She's not popular around here anymore. For awhile, way back then, she was one of those "my gays" female comedians that queens adored, but that patronizing shtick got old fast. Then she became unhinged after her battles with Trump and just became sad and pathetic. Now we know why Anderson Cooper dropped here.... she's a pill-popping junkie. And he can't have that around him.

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2021 8:02 AM

[quote] Any guess as to what her mental problem(s) is/are?

Perhaps that mug she has to look at in the mirror?

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2021 9:37 AM

oversharing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2021 11:00 AM

She needs to ditch the day-glo hair color and go back to a more natural red.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2021 3:22 PM

You would think "I have lung cancer" would be enough, but she decided to go for the "lung cancer/pill addiction/suicidal thoughts" trifecta. I guess she needs a LOT of attention.

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2021 3:58 PM

Heavens no R15! What would be the point of being FAMOUS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2021 7:18 PM

She stole Nancy Reagan’s style

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2021 7:46 PM

Kathy is way too narcissistic to ever off herself. Or at least to not do it in a half assed way where she'd be guaranteed to live and then dine out on the outpouring of love and sympathy as she recovered.

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2021 7:50 PM

Won’t Stewie and the whole family take care of her?

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2021 8:36 PM

R11- Seriously. Stern is re-running interviews with a ton of SNL people this week. Darrell Hammond's story is particularly horrible. His mother was a jackal. Horribly abusive. Slammedv his hand in car doors, electrocuted him, cut his tongue with a steak knife....It was a rough listen.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2021 8:56 PM

R26- Well if Brad-boy switches to our team, we know why.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2021 8:57 PM

R28- Exactly. Ifv she was going to do it, she'd jump off the Chrysler building or something. After alerting the media. Probably with a parachute.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2021 8:59 PM

R16- A deodorant pill Rose.

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2021 9:01 PM

She couldn't get the maid to move the mop before asking Consuela to take the pic? CLEARLY she is unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2021 9:02 PM

Her decor looks like Ashley Home had a fire sale.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2021 9:03 PM

“I mean, folks showed up to my husband’s parents’ house".

Sure Kathy. Sure. Take another ambien.

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2021 9:08 PM

I hope Kathy can survive her lung cancer. I like her in spite of her issues. She's funny.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2021 9:08 PM

R10- That's booga suga!

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2021 9:09 PM

R26- I bet he got a very nice whiff of her kitty litter.

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2021 9:11 PM

R26- Thank God it wasn't me. I couldn't even deal with Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2021 10:00 PM

She’s a good person trapped in a world of hateful bitches!

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2021 10:07 PM

What does her husband do for a living?

by Anonymousreply 42August 6, 2021 12:26 AM

r24- don't worry, it'll be gone soon.

by Anonymousreply 43August 6, 2021 5:09 AM

I luff huh, don’t care what you cunty crypto-fascists say. I do have to say her BPD is showing. All the crapola she’s gone through the past few years isn’t helping.

by Anonymousreply 44August 6, 2021 5:25 AM

r42- he's blind, deaf and mute.

by Anonymousreply 45August 6, 2021 5:45 AM

R24 Or her natural brown (maybe grey or white now).

The wild colors are best left to young people.

by Anonymousreply 46August 6, 2021 5:49 AM

R42: He's 19 years younger than her. I googled but only found one vague 'marketing executive' mention. Would bet he just lives off her money.

by Anonymousreply 47August 6, 2021 5:50 AM

R47 Kind of what I figured.

by Anonymousreply 48August 6, 2021 6:29 AM

Did she survive the surgery, this sounds like one of those optimistic statements that turns out ironic?

by Anonymousreply 49August 6, 2021 8:42 AM

I had no idea about any of this. Fucking lung cancer?Seriously???

Kathy may have been adrift these last few years, but I love her. She never really stood a chance in Hollywood, but has carved out a career anyway. My Life on the D List was terrific. I still rewatch some of her stand-up specials.

And she does seem like a decent gal.

I honestly hope she can slow down a bit, heal and maybe do another special or get a co-hosting gig thats chill.

by Anonymousreply 50August 6, 2021 9:15 PM

Has she explained why she attempted suicide?

I wasn't expecting that. She was so defiant after the Trump photo thing.

What was the trigger...?

by Anonymousreply 51August 6, 2021 9:17 PM

Does one get lung cancer from inhalant drugs, like when someone does blow? I would think particles could enter your lungs and become irritants?

by Anonymousreply 52August 6, 2021 9:28 PM

I just looked it up and about 20% of lung cancer cases are found in people who don't smoke.

[quote] Lung cancer in people who don't smoke can be caused by exposure to radon, secondhand smoke, air pollution, or other factors. Workplace exposures to asbestos, diesel exhaust or certain other chemicals can also cause lung cancers in some people who don’t smoke.

[quote]Some people inherit DNA mutations (changes) from their parents that greatly increase their risk for developing certain cancers.

by Anonymousreply 53August 6, 2021 9:33 PM

I wonder if the suicide attempt had to do with losing her mom....

Its so weird - she beat the whole Trump mess, was touring again, had a documentary, and apparently a man who ahe went on to marry....why suicide?

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2021 2:34 PM

Is that her house? It looks like an outlet store with a Kathy Griffin display.

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2021 2:47 PM

People who grow up in homes rife with dysfunctional behavior-- alcoholism and sexual abuse in Kathy's case-- tend to repeat those cycles in adulthood. She also did not strategize her career at all--she started as a stand-up but didn't tell jokes, just vignettes of her encounters with famous people. She wasn't going to make it as an actress, so she made her social-climbing desperation the focus of her shtick. Then once she sort of made it off the D-List she had nothing else--no actual jokes, no looks, no acting talent, not even a QVC line. So she tried to make herself "political" or activist-y, but that blew up in her face so now she wants to be a martyr. It's like her whole career was just to get people to feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2021 2:48 PM

I think R56 summed it up pretty well. I'd also add that I don't think she's a particularly nice person, which meant no one was going out of their way to do her any favors.

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2021 3:29 PM

"started as a stand-up but didn't tell jokes, just vignettes of her encounters with famous people."

Dave Chappelle is making big Netflix money doing this. Mixed in with homophobic jokes of course.

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2021 3:31 PM

She lost her mother and her sister in a close period of time. Too much grief can make one snap.

by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2021 6:31 PM

WOW I didn’t know she has lung cancer (and yes, people who’ve never smoked do get lung cancer.)

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2021 6:43 PM

R43 She said she’s “hopeful” that she won’t need radiation or chemotherapy. I think that probably depends on what the biopsy shows. Like what type she has, if it’s poorly differentiated, that kind of thing.

This is so scary.

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2021 6:54 PM

Are we sure she’s just not doing this as a Tig Notaro or Julia Sweeney career bump?

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2021 6:56 PM

Apparently she has a form of lung cancer that once the tumor is removed, as it has been in her case, never returns and has no impact on her future health. No reduction in respiratory function. The whole thing sounds made up. It’s impossible to challenge her truthfulness though. Too bad she couldn’t have included Jim Carrey somehow.

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2021 7:18 PM

So sick of this Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote]People who grow up in homes rife with dysfunctional behavior-- alcoholism and sexual abuse in Kathy's case-- tend to repeat those cycles in adulthood.

Did she name the alcoholics and sexual abuser(s)?

by Anonymousreply 65August 10, 2021 1:46 AM

Yes, R65, she's talked for years about her oldest brother, Kenny, who she claims was a "pedophile" who was "sexually inappropriate" with her as a kid. He spent time in prison for other charges and has since died. Her mother was always drunk on the old reality show and Kathy explained that she never drank because of her concern that it could become a hereditary problem, so i'm sure the pill situation must be even harder because she thought she'd never become an addict like others in her family.

by Anonymousreply 66August 10, 2021 3:33 AM

Karma is coming hard for this cunt. Enjoy your lung cancer! Hehe....

by Anonymousreply 67August 10, 2021 4:08 AM

She sure does seem to have energy and peppy for just having had lung surgery.

by Anonymousreply 68August 10, 2021 5:46 AM

Surprised at the negativity towards her here.

I didn't care for her last few specials and agree that once she made the A List, it ruined things for her....but I think she's nice enough. When was she legit mean?

Did she ever say her brother was inappropriate with her? I heard her say she walked in on him molesting a kid, but thats it.

Thought she still had fans.

by Anonymousreply 69August 10, 2021 6:14 AM

No, R69, she said her brother got into *her* bed when she was 8 years old and would whisper in her ear .

by Anonymousreply 70August 10, 2021 11:09 AM

I think it's pretty telling that every close friend Kathy has ever had has ended up dropping her.

by Anonymousreply 71August 10, 2021 1:41 PM

From the D list go the Big C list.

by Anonymousreply 72August 10, 2021 1:56 PM

R71 I thought her and Cher were still friends?

by Anonymousreply 73August 10, 2021 2:24 PM

Those of you who don’t like her and think this is Karma, please reconsider. I’m probably going to have a similar surgery later this month if my biopsy comes back as lung cancer. No one deserves a deadly disease. We, of all people, should understand that.

by Anonymousreply 74August 10, 2021 2:39 PM

Will Anderson swoop in and save her from herself?

by Anonymousreply 75August 10, 2021 2:46 PM

Hope all works out in your favor, r74. 🤞😘

by Anonymousreply 76August 10, 2021 2:58 PM

Not sure about Cher, but Tony and Dennis from D-List season 1, Brooke Shields, Andy Cohen, and Anderson Cooper all no longer speak to her. I know in some cases Kathy claims to be the wronged party (though expecting anyone to defend her indefensible Trump photo is delusional) but Tony pretty much said they were no longer friends because Kathy is not a kind person.

by Anonymousreply 77August 10, 2021 3:44 PM

R76 Thanks. Me, too. xo

by Anonymousreply 78August 10, 2021 3:51 PM

You find her Trump photo indefensible, r77? Gee, I'm sorry it hurt your feelings.

by Anonymousreply 79August 10, 2021 3:54 PM

Did Suzanne Somers drop her?

by Anonymousreply 80August 10, 2021 8:30 PM

Now and Forever Team Kathy

by Anonymousreply 81August 10, 2021 8:33 PM

R74 you got this. Be well.

by Anonymousreply 82August 10, 2021 8:38 PM

Thanks r82. xo

by Anonymousreply 83August 10, 2021 9:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 10, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] What does her husband do for a living?

Eat out her box?

by Anonymousreply 85August 10, 2021 9:49 PM

[quote] Will Anderson swoop in and save her from herself?

Unlikely

by Anonymousreply 86August 10, 2021 9:55 PM

R79, it didn't hurt my feelings, but it was highly stupid. The photo wasn't funny or clever, it was just gruesome. And I don't care how loathsome someone is, taking a photo of their severed head isn't amusing. And if you're doing it with the President, you should expect a shit storm in response. In terms of defending her, Kathy was wrong and there wasn't really anything anyone could say to justify the photo.

by Anonymousreply 87August 10, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote] The photo wasn't funny or clever, it was just gruesome.

It was especially egregious at a time when journalists were actually being publicly beheaded by ISIS. Remember Daniel Pearl? Anderson Cooper does.

by Anonymousreply 88August 10, 2021 10:58 PM

Anderson Pooper, yeah, real tough life he's led.

by Anonymousreply 89August 10, 2021 10:59 PM

Kathy got a job!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 12, 2021 11:51 PM

Suicide attempt, pills, a COVID scare and cancer. How much more can she take?

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2022 3:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!