Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kristin Chenoweth Talks About the Time She Accidentally Dated a Gay Man

Kristin Chenoweth is opening up about the time when she dated a gay man and how she realized he wasn't actually straight.

The Tony and Emmy-winning actress, who stars in the new Apple TV+ series Schmigadoon, talked about her dating life in a recent interview with Los Angeles Magazine.

Kristin replied, "Only once. He recognized my Louboutins. When you’re dating a man and he knows the brand of your shoes, immediately break up with him and become best friends. You know, I love my gays. I just don’t want to marry one. That’s all."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 8, 2021 2:18 PM

Sorkin? He *does* love this musical theater.....

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2021 1:59 AM

I don't think even the Pantheon in Rome has been renovated more times than her face has been.

Holy shit. She looks inhuman.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2021 1:59 AM

It was that guy on her show GCB, right?

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2021 2:00 AM

Kristin needs to lay off the botox. Bitch hasn’t been able to move her forehead in 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2021 2:00 AM

But she's a Lesibian, right?

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2021 2:01 AM

Gay men do love Kristin.

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2021 2:01 AM

Wots a "Louboutins"?

I'm gay and the only shoe brands I can think of are Caterpillar and Crocs. Oh and Rivet work boots

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2021 2:01 AM

We're hopelessly devoted to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2021 2:02 AM

r7 You definitely are gay ... and FEMALE.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]You know, I love my gays. I just don’t want to marry one.

Why not?

Signed: Kathie Lee Johnson Gifford, Diane Von Furstenburg, Liza Minnelli, Deborra-Lee Furness, Star Jones, Judy Garland, Nedda Logan, Berry Berenson, Margaret Whiting, et. al.

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2021 2:04 AM

How does she even apply all that mascara? With a trowel?

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2021 2:06 AM

Does Botox cause the 5-head appearance? Jesus. Bring that hairline down about 2 inches. A clip in. Something.

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2021 2:06 AM

So nobody else is offended by this?

[quote]When you’re dating a man and he knows the brand of your shoes, immediately break up with him and become best friends. You know, I love my gays. I just don’t want to marry one. That’s all."

Not funny, not cute. Maaayyybe Dolly could get away with it, but I honestly doubt Dolly would ever say what that helium-voiced, sawed-off runt did.

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2021 2:08 AM

She looks like the disgraced art dealer Mary Boone in a blonde wig

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 3, 2021 2:09 AM

Craig Bierko

by Anonymousreply 15August 3, 2021 2:10 AM

R13. It’s funny because it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 16August 3, 2021 2:11 AM

Agreed R12. Confounding as to why she's never used any extensions when it seems like almost all the other bitches do.

And I should know!

by Anonymousreply 17August 3, 2021 2:11 AM

“My gays.”

by Anonymousreply 18August 3, 2021 2:13 AM

I hate this Minnie-Mouse-Voiced cunt. “My GaYs.” 🙄 Fuck her. She thinks we’re all going to burn in hell fire. I’ve never understood her appeal, and you could land a DC10 on her twelvehead. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19August 3, 2021 2:14 AM

Unlikely to be Sorkin. In The American President a helpful woman advises the President to admire his new date's shoes. He does so, with good results, but is completely baffled about why this should be a thing. I vote Sorkin was sensitive enough to notice women were crazy about their shoes, but not fashionable enough to get past that to labels.

Besides, whaever their sexualities are or are not, Sorkin and Cheno were a serious item. She accused him of stealing dialogue direct from their arguments for Studio 60, and those were arguments between people who knew each other really well and had a lot invested in each other.

by Anonymousreply 20August 3, 2021 2:18 AM

R10 you forgot me

by Anonymousreply 21August 3, 2021 2:27 AM

R17, doesn't use extensions, huh?

She has several stories talking about her extensions. One of them involved setting them on fire with a candle and a hair toss.

by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2021 2:36 AM

Broadway actress has no Gaydar?

Her hair is horrible, she looks like she has male pattern baldness.

by Anonymousreply 23August 3, 2021 2:38 AM

R15, Craig Bierko is a major pussy hound.

by Anonymousreply 24August 3, 2021 2:39 AM

At the time she won the Tony for Charlie Brown, she was engaged to hunky Marc Kudisch.

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2021 2:43 AM

You could land a flying saucer on that forehead!

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2021 2:44 AM

My gays. Yes she keeps us all on a little farm in Oklahoma like pot belly pigs. We're so witty. We compliment her all the time. No. We're like a massive herd of cute little puppies who never grow up and are loyal and obedient to her forever.

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2021 2:47 AM

She was awful as Mildred Plotka/Lilly Garland in revival of On The Twentieth Century. Such a vulgar performer. OK: who's tinier: Elaine Paige or Miss Broken Arrow?

Yes, Marc Kudish was a real stud, but hideously bowlegged.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2021 2:49 AM

It might be different if it wasn't Louboutins, because the red bottoms make them very noticeable. Any guy that has had a girlfriend can probably pick them out, now if he knows the actual name of the style...that might be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2021 2:50 AM

Have you all ever heard Kristin tell countless of her stories?

She clearly makes a lot of shit up.

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2021 2:53 AM

K-Chen used to be cute. Now she just looks desperate and anorexic. And yes, she also needs some fake bangs or something. But this is obviously the look she's going for; she's an upcoming performer at my local arts centre, and the publicity pic is her in a skimpy, white T-shirt, as she hikes it up and shows her faux tanned legs.

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote]"I just don’t want to marry one. That’s all."

That's so homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2021 2:59 AM

She was too short to notice his gayface.

by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2021 3:01 AM

Not wanting to marry a gay guy isn't homophobic

by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2021 3:06 AM

Promo pic of her in the hiked up T-shirt. (It does rather look like a dress on her, but still.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2021 3:11 AM

Bless your heart R34

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2021 3:12 AM

“accidentally”? Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2021 3:13 AM

r36, bless your heart that you think it's homophobic to not want to marry a guy who isn't interested in women

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2021 3:16 AM

R38 it’s more the fact she’s trying to use this as a funny anecdote and it’s just so cliche. I’m guessing it never happened but makes for a “funny” story for her. I wonder who finds this funny really, straights probably as it totally plays up to the gay stereotype many of them like because it makes them feel better somehow to reduce gays to caricatures: oh honey, of course he was gay, it’s not you- he knew your shoe brand for Chrissake!

Reminds me of “clueless” when Cher comes to the realisation that Christian is gay and Dionne says : He does like to shop, Cher. And the boy can dress

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2021 3:48 AM

Hey, you think you're making a new friend and she assumes it's a date.

Some women fall for gay men. We're far enough along for them to ask, "Are you gay?"

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2021 3:59 AM

When you're single at Kristin's age, you no longer have to announce that you have dealbreakers. We all know that you have plenty of them

by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2021 4:00 AM

Dealbreakers:

Playing monkey in the middle

Resting your drink on her head

Purchasing a saddle for her corgi

by Anonymousreply 42August 3, 2021 4:07 AM

What is she hoping to gain by this cringey interview?

by Anonymousreply 43August 3, 2021 4:09 AM

Kristin is a victim of over-tanning and over-processing her hair in her younger years

All the Botox and other cosmetic procedures can only do so much to cover that damage

But that being said - I think she's a generally decent, uncomplicated person who was probably not ruthless enough to become a huge star

by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2021 4:12 AM

Kristin is a true friend. Yes, I am one of her gays. No need to spew your venom at her. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2021 4:16 AM

Some gay former date of Kristin's should read her all 879 replies to the TWO Mamie Eisenhower threads here on Datalounge so she might learn that some women have hairlines that need BANGS!

by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2021 4:21 AM

More Deal Breakers:

Taking her to "Children eat free" Tuesdays

Asking her to talk dirty to your hedge hog

Asking her to hide in a hamper when your blatino husbear comes home unexpectedly

Asking her If she sings pitchy on purpose

Hobbling her when encountering coyotes or grisly bears

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2021 4:23 AM

Why are so many of these Broadway diva-types from Oklahoma, of all places? Kristi-Dawn, Megan Mullally, Kelli O'Hara, and I could even throw in Reba McEntire for good measure. And Betty Lynn is from Texas.

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2021 4:33 AM

She's been a Broadway actress for decades now, it's more likely that she doesn't know any straight men

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2021 4:47 AM

You will notice that no gay men have fessed up to accidentally dating her.

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2021 5:15 AM

[quote] Kristin is a true friend. Yes, I am one of her gays. No need to spew your venom at her. Geez.—Target someone else!

You came here for the gossip about celebrities (don't even pretend otherwise), but you want us to gossip about everyone except the people you personally like. Well, no one is here to cater to your personal wishes--you don't get to decide whom we gossip about. Either suck it up or go elsewhere.

Don't like it? TOO BAD.

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2021 5:28 AM

'I love my gays' is fucking homophobic. We are not her pets. I didn't think she was an asshole but she sure sounds like one. Anyway I never even heard of those shoes.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2021 5:36 AM

The gay guy she "dated" was the guy from the bachelor show.

by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2021 7:10 AM

She was dreadfully miscast in the Promises, Promises revival, but did come to Sean Hayes' defense when some critics questioned if he could "play straight".

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2021 8:52 AM

“My gays”

I hate this. I’ve heard it before from certain types of women and I find it patronising and demeaning.

Are we little pet dogs for these people?

And I wouldn’t know a Laboutin from a lawnmower so she can fuck right off with that.

by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2021 9:16 AM

R39 would cast the first stone at a woman who was married to a gay guy even though "his gayness can be seen from space", to quote earlier DL posts, but when a woman says she noticed in time to rescue the relationship as a friendship she's a stereotyping fiend.

I agree it's a pity she didn't say "my gay fans", which is neutral, but it may have just been a misspeak.

It's Louboutin R55, but you've artfully avoided any stereotyping by avowing that you wouldn't recognise a lawnmower if you saw it either.

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2021 9:30 AM

R22, when I heard her tell that story it was that she had set fire to her OWN hair. At the time she had a shoulder-length bob. But she certainly talks about her extensions at her concerts.

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2021 9:31 AM

I liked her in the West Wing.

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2021 9:49 AM

I am BIG. It's the 16:9 letterbox ratio that got small.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2021 10:55 AM

[quote]"Only once. He recognized my Louboutins. When you’re dating a man and he knows the brand of your shoes, immediately break up with him and become best friends. You know, I love my gays. I just don’t want to marry one. That’s all."

Oh, is it 1998 already? I hadn't noticed!

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2021 11:02 AM

Just the one, dear?

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2021 11:06 AM

R56 It’s what we call “a turn of phrase”, dear...not to be taken literally.

And it’s very, very, very impressive that you can spell “Louboutin” while I can’t. VERY impressive. You are obviously all kinds of superior.

Now, take your daily dose of validation and bore off 😘

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2021 11:34 AM

Pretty much anyone will recognize Louboutins because they're known as the red bottom shoes. That doesn't mean the guy is gay, just that he recognizes a very popular brand of shoes that is known for a very specific detail they have. Sounds more like that joke from Legally Blonde where Elle Woods finds out the guy is gay because the witness refers to her shoes by brand, and gay men know fashion, straight men don't.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2021 11:49 AM

This bitch could use some facial feminization surgery. You could land Air Force One on that forehead.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2021 11:58 AM

I wonder if it would be cute and funny if a male Broadway star--Norbert Leo Butz, for example--told a funny story about dating a woman who was familiar with the brand of his power tools (Makita) and therefore instantly knew that she was a lesbian.

Norbert replied, "Only once. She recognized my Makitas. When you’re dating a woman and she knows the brand of your power tools, immediately break up with her and become best friends. You know, I love my gays. I just don’t want to marry one. That’s all."

ha ha ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2021 12:02 PM

Years ago one of the "real" housewives of a franchise I can't remember kept saying "my gays" as if they were pets. I found it very insulting.

by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2021 12:53 PM

Her voice is nails on chalk board - erection killer for straight men

by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2021 12:58 PM

Did she date Matt Morrison while on Glee?

by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2021 2:17 PM

Kristin was miles better than Madeline Kahn in On the Twentieth Century.

by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2021 2:55 PM

Oh honey, at one time I only dated straight guys by accident. My gaydor was completely wired backwards.

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2021 3:04 PM

Kristin Chenoweth grates on my nerves, but I really liked her in that threadbare revival of "On the Twentieth Century". She was one of the only first-rate things in it.

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2021 7:33 PM

Beware if she invites you back to her home planet for dinner.

IT'S A COOKBOOK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2021 7:40 PM

She and Patti are women...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote] that joke from Legally Blonde where Elle Woods finds out the guy is gay because the witness refers to her shoes by brand

It wasn't just the brand, R63. I saw it again recently and he accused her of wearing "last year's" [whatever the brand was]. You have to be fashion conscious to the max to know - or even think you know - which clothes or shoes were in which year's range.

by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2021 4:07 AM

R74 I think it was Prada, but not sure, haven't watched it in ages, but I also remember Elle replying they aren't last season, completely defeating the whole "gay men know fashion" thing, since he recognized the brand but thought they were a past season's line.

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2021 7:38 AM

I take your point, but I don't accept it "completely" defeats her point.

He THOUGHT he knew which season they were, and also realized this slur was a way of stabbing her in the heart, both of which are still well out of the league of any straight guy who doesn't work in a shoe store.

by Anonymousreply 76August 8, 2021 1:52 PM

Is she a republican? She's got the look nailed.

by Anonymousreply 77August 8, 2021 1:55 PM

I saw her on that wretched Andy Cohen's talk show the other night. Jesus she looks busted. It's like Donatella Versace and Jessica Lange had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 78August 8, 2021 2:02 PM

she's looking older than Billie Burke

by Anonymousreply 79August 8, 2021 2:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!