Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Pamela Sue Martin?

Fallon in Dynasty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 10, 2021 3:52 AM

I have no idea

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2021 3:44 PM

I know someone who named her kid Fallon so she made an impression

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2021 3:46 PM

Apparently she lost her hair during the height of the show’s success and had to wear wigs and extensions…I always wondered why her hair never looked as good as the other female cast members.

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2021 3:59 PM

She also played Nancy Drew on teevee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2021 4:01 PM

She was appointed Liaison to the Austrian Embassy in the late 80s. She ended up staying in Austria and now runs a small Holocaust museum in Vienna.

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2021 4:18 PM

She was much better than Emma Samms as Fallon. Producers should have created a new character for Samms.

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2021 4:25 PM

This is a 4 minute interview she did from 2011.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2021 5:34 PM

She did the Dynasty reunion in 2015 with several other cast members. Real Fallon with Real Steven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2021 12:20 AM

Damn, Steven! Moisturizer!

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2021 12:23 AM

She grew up

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2021 12:25 AM

Just two years ago with John Davidson at the Chiller Theatre Expo Spring 2019 held at the Parsippany Hilton, New Jersey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2021 12:25 AM

R2 i was born in 87 and had no less than 7 Fallon classmates before graduating.

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2021 12:27 AM

R11. Davidson! Girl, that hair!

Liberace would be proud.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2021 12:27 AM

John Davidson has severe caneface!

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2021 12:27 AM

Oh my goodness, John Davidson looks like my grammie!

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2021 12:29 AM

She twirled and visual metaphorically pranced...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2021 12:30 AM

She was fab in the 1987 horror thriller Bay Coven!

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2021 12:33 AM

She was abducted by aliens on the series finale of The Colby’s.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2021 12:35 AM

R4 And as a little hat tip to Martin's Nancy Drew, they had her appear in the 2019 pilot episode for the new Nancy Drew series on The CW. She played a medium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2021 12:36 AM

The Colbys, you illiterate, grape picking Gioberti.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2021 12:37 AM

She's got a little bit of Linda Gray going on in R19.

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2021 12:37 AM

I thought of Blair Brown, R21.

PSM is 68 years old and looks pretty damned amazing! Even Al Corley doesn't look bad in that picture of the two of them. Do you bitches realize Dynasty premiered 40 years ago?!? How is that possible.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2021 12:41 AM

Why did she keep posing nude when she was a network TV star?

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2021 12:41 AM

R16 Fallon's twirl with that coquettish hand movement is better than any of Maggie's numerous twirls on Falcon Crest.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2021 12:43 AM

[quote]Do you bitches realize Dynasty premiered 40 years ago?!? How is that possible.

I remember every episode of Seasons One and Two so it reminds me how incredibly gifted I was for a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2021 12:43 AM

Yes. Fallon's twirl was the standard by which all others were measured and found lacking.

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2021 12:45 AM

Linda and PSM both seem to be looking better... their over work has relaxed. They look human again.

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2021 12:46 AM

She was THE BEST Fallon! I could stand that cunt Emma!

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2021 12:54 AM

Who gives a shit? I got sick of being unfavorably compared to the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2021 1:01 AM

She has said she prefers life in the slow lane compared to her Dynasty days. She was wonderfully charismatic in the role, even when they watered down Fallon before she left the show, and was the perfect counterbalance to Joan Collins and all her camp. Show wasn’t the same without her.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2021 1:07 AM

A couple articles have indicated that she's the artistic/creative director for a theater group in the Sun Valley, Idaho area.

It would appear she's still in that area, because she's curretnly ilsted as a "Licensed Prayer Practitioner" for the "Light on the Mountains, Center for Spiritual Living" in the Sun Valley-Ketchum area.

[quote] Our Licensed Practitioners are trained in the science and art of affirmative prayer. As spiritual counselors, they won't tell you what direction to take in your life, but they will affirm, with conviction, that a greater possibility is available for you. Time spent with a practitioner can help you realize that wholeness and perfection exists in any situation regardless of it's appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2021 1:08 AM

R19. Damn, she and Linda Gray could be sisters, but I’d argue at 80, Linda is presenting better.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2021 1:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2021 1:12 AM

How much virgin blood does Joan Consume…daily?

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2021 1:15 AM

Snapped at a TV Sleuth fan event with Parker Stevenson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2021 2:47 AM

Then they played the parents in one of those Hallmark Christmas movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2021 2:47 AM

Pamela Sue was a pretty clunky actress, but she did have a star quality that Emma was lacking.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2021 2:48 AM

I want to chime in about Pamela Sue AND Linda Gray. But I CANNOT get past John Davidson with that hair at some mall theater in Nowhere, NJ. The hair is nothing short of luxurious. He should be playing golf in Palm Springs and going to bed early. He's earned it. Or at least that hair has.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2021 2:55 AM

Thanks for the mammaries!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2021 3:01 AM

What did that harpie Scientologist do to wreck the impeccable Parker Stevenson.?

He still pings. Loudly and often.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2021 3:07 AM

Pamela Sue was great at being petulant starting with The Poseidon Adventure. After Nancy Drew she did a fun Roger Corman b-movie called The Lady in Red. Then she was such an awesome cunt in mini season 1 of Dynasty, shading white trash Krystle and boffing the staff (the driver). They gradually declawed her character and made her insipid…as Joan Collins became the resident bitch. Aaron Spelling liked Pamela Sue although he adored the more compliant types like Heather Locklear. When PSM expressed the desire to leave at the height of Dynasty’s popularity, Joan—who had seen her share of ups and downs in her then 30-year career urged her to take the money while it was rolling in, but she stuck to her guns. Her career more or less ended but she left on friendly terms with Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2021 3:11 AM

Post-Dynasty gig: Co-hosting "The Star Games" with Caitlyn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2021 4:01 AM

R39 Her name is in the same font as the title from the TV series "Angie".

-yesiamabitstoned

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2021 4:41 AM

[R39] Her name is in the same font as the title from the TV series "Angie".

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2021 4:42 AM

She has a theater in Idaho R5. But, your post sounds interesting. Do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2021 4:47 AM

R16 fucking braless Claudia and her perky little nips!

Was it written in Pamela Bellwood's contract that she was not allowed to wear a bra?

And piggybacking on John Davidson, on the show THAT'S INCREDIBLE, the ratings soared when Kathy Lee Crosby stopped wearing a bra. 👙

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2021 4:52 AM

I’m a White guy’s wife!

I walk with my buttocks

EXTREMELY TIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2021 4:54 AM

Our Joan Collins flat out told P. Sue she was nuts to leave a hit series. She told her an actor has such a limited window to make big money. And to leave a show with no good reason was financially dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2021 5:51 AM

R48 Joan was correct.

I never really understood why she left and she flip-flopped with her reasons. Originally, she claimed to have had a urinary bladder disease called interstitial cystitis. Then in recent years she said it was because she was losing her hair. So why did the story change? And as far as hair, why not just throw on a wig? That’s what Joan did. And if she did have urinary issues, you can bet I would have been wearing some Depends (or whatever the 80’s equivalent was) because no way in hell would I have given up that paycheck!

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2021 7:16 AM

She posed for Playboy before fellow Dynasty costars Joan and Pamela B. did back when she was on Nancy Drew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2021 7:25 AM

Parker Stevenson still looks kind of cute in R35.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2021 7:35 AM

R49 And in 1986, she told the "New York Daily News" that she quit because she "didn't like it anymore."

[quote] Pamela Sue Martin is a free spirit. Her ideas in the television world are so revolutionary she could get arrested for treason. The former Fallon in ABC's Dynasty takes life in hand and daringly admits today: "After four years in the series I quit because I didn't like it anymore."

[quote] "People really thought I'd cease to exist if I left Dynasty. When you come out of a major series like that, people are always expecting you to fail. 'She left Dynasty and now look what she's doing,' they say.

[quote] "If you want to know the truth, I left it because everybody got so damned important. Here was this ridiculous show -- one of the biggest in the history of television, and popular around the world -- and look what it is. Ridiculous!"

Excerpt from: Ex-Fallon Enjoying Career Outside 'Dynasty' Routine, by Kay Gardella, New York Daily News, April 21, 1986.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2021 8:35 AM

R52 Wow, so she has given three different excuses over the years. Wonder what the real reason was.

In any case, I wonder if she regretted it later on. Her career never hit that height again.

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2021 8:45 AM

[quote]I wonder if she regretted it later on. Her career never hit that height again.

Her acting career had two heights. More than most.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2021 9:14 AM

R54 Two BRIEF heights and she willingly walked away from the second. Not very smart.

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2021 9:19 AM

Didn’t she marry a wealthy Argentine?

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2021 11:53 AM

She practiced the Good Neighbor Policy?

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2021 12:00 PM

I think Mary Crosby and her went into penalty kicks when neither would yield to the other

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2021 12:13 PM

Jello wrestling?

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2021 12:16 PM

What was wrong with Mary Crosby’s upper lip? She spoke from the side of her mouth, like she was a stroke survivor or something.

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2021 12:16 PM

Four seasons is nothing to sneeze at, another season or two and she could have left without there being much of a problem.

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2021 12:17 PM

Why can't these people leave their lips alone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2021 12:18 PM

R62, even when she was younger…her plastic surgery now is hideous, though.

by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2021 12:22 PM

What's in the bitch...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2021 12:24 PM

How did her eyes get like that? It's like she's buried under a layer of side bacon.

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2021 12:25 PM

I'm not a PS expert, but I've noticed that with eye jobs, the eyes sort of recede.

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2021 12:27 PM

Can we get back on topic?!😡

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2021 12:28 PM

Pamela Sue Martian 👽

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2021 12:30 PM

Did PSM have a drug problem? The hair falling out sounds like her body was taking a battering.

by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2021 12:31 PM

I think it started when one of them called the other’s show “trashy garbage!“

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2021 12:41 PM

there*

by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2021 12:45 PM

speaking of WHET women.... blair brown? kathryn harrold? and that actress with the flaming red hair that starred in a short lived tv cop show that i don't remember the name of or her name... all 3 were designated 'IT" girls/women at one time and now I haven't seen or heard from any of them ever again?

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2021 1:14 PM

Stepfanie Kramer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2021 1:16 PM

Blair Brown was on "Orange Is The New Black."

by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2021 1:18 PM

I personally suspect that PSM had an eating disorder that got really bad while she was on Dynasty. In the first season they put her in very revealing outfits but by her last season or two they were covering her up from head to toe, and you can see that beneath the fluffy long-sleeved sweaters and pants she is rail-thin. Anorexics also lose their hair, which she has admitted to.

I think this also explains why she has given a few different explanations of why she left (EDs still are stigmatized, but it was much worse in the '80s), and also why she wasn't blackballed by Spelling or the Shapiros afterwards. She was sick and needed treatment.

I don't have any proof of any of this, it's just my opinion based on what I know of eating disorders.

by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2021 2:21 PM

R53 you can have multiple reasons for leaving a show. I can see all the reasons being valid. She has also said the glamour show thing Dynasty became wasn’t her cup of tea, and being under the huge spotlight that came with Dynasty really turned her off. She also left the Nancy Drew series. Series work long term isn’t for everyone. I doubt she regrets any of it. She wouldn’t have wanted to play Fallon the way it was written with Emma Samms as a whiny frau anyway.

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2021 3:51 PM

Who would have been a good PSM replacement?

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2021 3:53 PM

Maybe Nancy Allen, R77? She was a great all-American rich bitch in Carrie. Deborah Shelton or Deborah van Valkenburgh might have worked, too.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2021 4:05 PM

I was watching “American Graffiti” and I think cindy Williams had a similar way of talking as psm.

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2021 4:10 PM

Would she have made enough money to be comfortable after “dynasty”? I wonder what an actress like PSM does to earn a living after dropping out of showbiz like that. Maybe she came from money.

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2021 4:14 PM

Autograph shows, probably.

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2021 4:15 PM

R80 she married some guy with money right before she left the show. Probably got a nice settlement when they divorced. Plus she works some and attends autograph shows and Dynasty reunions. And she helps runs that theater group in Idaho. PSM seems to be the type of person where money doesn’t rule her. Enough to pay the bills and some extra probably makes her happy.

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2021 6:33 PM

Is she friends with Season Hubley?

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2021 6:47 PM

She falloned offded the feces of the Earthes.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2021 6:54 PM

Did John Davidson secretly have the Transitional Surgery?

😍 Yummers!

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2021 7:13 PM

A personal profile...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2021 7:16 PM

Ah, she's with Miss Queen Hosea Sanders at R7.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote] Didn’t she marry a wealthy Argentine?

R56 I don't know how much money the guy had, but her THIRD husband was from Chile. His name was Manuel Rojas. They married in 1982 and divorced five years later in 1987.

In one article, he's described as a "fellow actor, known for his roles in Buchanan Rides Alone (1958), Death of a Cyclist (1955) and The Magnificent Matador (1955)." Most of his credits at IMDb are as a cinematographer.

In the 1986 Daily New article referenced in R52, he's described as a "businessman", and it mentions that he produced a film (with her as the star) that failed and caused some issues. It also mentions that one of her homes was already in Idaho at that point.

[quote] The effervescent actress, 33, who's been in films since age 17 (Lady in Red, Poseiden Adventure, Our Time ), is married to Manuel Rojas, a Chilean-born businessman. She owns a home in Idaho and one in Los Angeles and vists Chile often. Her marriage came close to ending when the film Torchlight, which her husband produced, failed. But they're lovey-dovey again, playing polo, their favorite sport.

IMDb says he was actually born in Seville, Spain. He was 23 years older than her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2021 7:21 PM

John Davidson did play a trans person (also a killer, of course) back in the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2021 7:21 PM

She was just misunderstood, r89.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2021 8:53 PM

speaking of more WHET women, what happened to those 2 ladies from "too close for comfort" lydia cornell and the dark haired one who had that long name?

speaking of john davidson he played a transvestite schizophrenic murderer in a episode of "the streets of san francisco".... brave to do this role, but at the same time OBVIOUS he was a man in drag! at least he got to romance and have some sexual innuendo in a hotel room with HUNKY ALL TIME great Denny Miller (playing a horny traveling businessman) before he killed miller's character! IF ONLY they had had the two at least make out for a moment! OMG! of course it was the 1970's, so of course that wasn't happening! just having miller's character come up from behind and grab davidson's character shoulders and turn him/her around and ABOUT to kiss before being killed was pretty risque at the time I would imagine...

the episode is entitled " Mask of Death"..

by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2021 9:00 PM

What about Pamela Bellwood? “Dynasty” really didn’t launch many careers, did it? I mean heather locklear is the only one I can think of really.

by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2021 9:04 PM

I believe John Davidson was a Playgirl centerfold.

by Anonymousreply 93August 5, 2021 9:05 PM

I used to have a crush on John Davidson during the Hollywood Squares days.

Imagining threesomes with him and Shadow Stevens.

by Anonymousreply 94August 5, 2021 9:07 PM

John Davidson got to interview Lulu. He can die happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 5, 2021 9:08 PM

The kind of cute John Davidson was generally does not age well, and he's turned out to be the poster boy for that.

by Anonymousreply 96August 5, 2021 10:06 PM

I think Davidson has aged well. And he's happy to pose with fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 5, 2021 10:13 PM

Poor Pamela never got to marry a Moldavian prince or enjoy Dominique Devereux's "saloon" singing at La Mirage (later burned down by Claudia).

by Anonymousreply 98August 5, 2021 10:17 PM

R45 If PSM did anything like what R5 says "in the late 80s," then it must have been very short-lived.

She still had acting credits in 1987, and the IMDb credit she has for an episode for the Australian production of "The Saint," listed as 1994 was actually filmed in 1989, just not televised here til later. She then did the film "A Cry in the Wild" that was released in 1990, but production notes for that show that it was also filmed in 1989.

By 1990, she married her fourth husband, Bruce Allen, in what one Australian tabloid described as her "secret wedding in Sydney." .. And by early 1991, Hello! magazine reported that she was "living the simple life far from Hollywood" in IDAHO with her husband and brand new baby boy. The family garnered a 12-page photo spread. .. btw - Her only child, "Nickolas," should have turned 30 not that long ago.

Bruce is cuter than the old Spanish-Chilean guy. It lasted til 1998.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 5, 2021 10:27 PM

Why does Princess Caroline look like Linda Hunt?

by Anonymousreply 100August 5, 2021 10:31 PM

R72, I think you're thinking of Jamie Rose, formerly of Falcon Crest and Lady Blue.

by Anonymousreply 101August 5, 2021 10:48 PM

She went outdoors and the pigs ate her.

by Anonymousreply 102August 5, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote]What about Pamela Bellwood? “Dynasty” really didn’t launch many careers, did it? I mean heather locklear is the only one I can think of really.

Here’s an Australian interview with Pamela from March of this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2021 12:21 AM

R91 Lydia appeared as a bra salesperson on Curb Your Enthusiasm maybe 10 years ago. This was a good interview, and recent…she sounds fun.

“Fox News: How did you get the role of Sara Rush in “Too Close for Comfort”? Cornell: It’s the funniest thing. I took a bus for my audition and it was raining in LA, which was unheard of. I was wearing this tight, cheerleader sweater. I’m already late – an hour late. Secretary goes, “Sorry, they’re finished.” I’m about to cry. [Creator] Arne Sultan comes out and he’s like “Hey, let her come in and read. She came all this way and she looks the part.”

I’m sitting there with four men in the office and the casting director. There’s a line in the script that says “Sara gives her dad a raspberry.” So I’m here picking up this imaginary raspberry and handing it to Arne. He goes, “What the hell are you giving me? What are you handing me?” I said, “I’m giving dad a raspberry.” He goes, “Oh my God, she doesn’t know what giving a raspberry means?” They all laughed so hard, tears were coming out. Meanwhile, I was turning red and shaking. So they all did it together and yell “It’s a Bronx cheer!” Then they went, “She’s perfect for the part.” It was a total fluke. They wanted me to come in the following morning.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 6, 2021 12:50 AM

I always resented when I got through the very long opening of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries and it was a PSM Nancy Drew episode. I was there for swoony Parker Stevenson.

by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2021 12:58 AM

You weren't the only one, R105.

The ratings for both shows weren't great, but they were lower for Nancy Drew, so they combined them and had the Hardy Boys and Nancy work together.

PSM got pissed and left.

by Anonymousreply 106August 6, 2021 1:05 AM

Rather silly to get pissed. The Charlie's Angels would have loved such a schedule.

by Anonymousreply 107August 6, 2021 1:09 AM

Wow. Pam Bell wood is 70!

by Anonymousreply 108August 6, 2021 1:26 AM

R103 what is her accent, it’s like no one else’s. id it considered mid Atlantic like an old time movie star’s?

From that clip we still don’t really learn why she’s not really done much since “dynasty”, was she not offered work, was she comfortable enough she didn’t have to work, or she just didn’t enjoy Hollywood much and decided to raise her children instead. Seems working on “dynasty” led quite a few of them to take a break from acting, even Linda Evans decides to quit Hollywood and move to Washington state.

In that clip, that Australian presenter’s lime green shirt was so distracting, trying to upstage Bellwood.

by Anonymousreply 109August 6, 2021 2:05 AM

R109 Pamela Bellwood was doing the faux-British accent thing even back in 1983. I guess it’s because of her British husband who she’s been with since way back then. You can hear it in this interview too.

I always thought Bellwood was so interesting in interviews. You can tell she’s a free spirit and she’s intelligent and well-travelled as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 6, 2021 2:14 AM

R110 oh dear, that hair would have the sjw brigade cancelling her.

by Anonymousreply 111August 6, 2021 2:20 AM

WHET Karen Celini?

by Anonymousreply 112August 6, 2021 2:21 AM

R110 I like her way of talking it’s like Sandy Dennis without the nervousness. I wonder if that’s the reason for her casting in “dynasty”, I could see a young Sandy Dennis in that type of role too.

by Anonymousreply 113August 6, 2021 2:26 AM

R112 She got big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2021 2:28 AM

Sandy Dennis as Fallon? GTFOOH. Dumbest thing I've ever read.

by Anonymousreply 115August 6, 2021 2:29 AM

The Fallon character should have just been written off after Martin left. Because Emma sucked.

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2021 2:31 AM

R115 Sandy Dennis as Claudia. She played a wealthy woman with issues in Altman’s “cold day in the park” where she had the faux British accent much like Bellwood.

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2021 2:32 AM

I always found it strange how many British actors/actresses were on an American show that was supposed to be in Denver.

by Anonymousreply 118August 6, 2021 2:35 AM

Denver has a strict Immigration policy?

by Anonymousreply 119August 6, 2021 2:36 AM

Is Denver a high society place? It seemed claustrophobic that show, much like daytime soaps that just take place in the confides of a home. There are all those shots in the opening of them horse riding and skiing, did they do these things on the show? All I see are clips in the mansion or some office.

by Anonymousreply 120August 6, 2021 2:39 AM

Confines*

by Anonymousreply 121August 6, 2021 2:45 AM

Have we gotten this far without mentioning The Poseiden Adventure? Is COVID killing off all the DL Eldergays?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 6, 2021 2:51 AM

When did Pamela do her "I was young, I needed the money" nude shots? The ones with her hair in plaits, not the later disco coke whore nudes.

by Anonymousreply 123August 6, 2021 2:53 AM

R120 I remember them showing horses and stables on the show. And they'd sometimes dress Krsytle and Alexis in riding outfits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 6, 2021 2:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 6, 2021 2:58 AM

There was just a thread about some mid 70s film where Pamela Bellwood was licking some ladyham!

But a fine upstanding PBS kind of rug munching period piece.

by Anonymousreply 126August 6, 2021 4:01 AM

Just think, if she had not quit [italic]Dynasty[/italic], then she could’ve had Emma Samms’ part in this Disney Channel movie instead of her:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 6, 2021 4:06 AM

Isn’t it amazing to look back at Linda Evans when she turned 40? 40 back then looked like 60 now!

by Anonymousreply 128August 6, 2021 6:18 AM

R128 I remember seeing an interview on YouTube with Linda Evans where she admitted that she was not entirely happy with some surgery she’d had done and was rather open about it all. Made me like her more. I think that was great of her to admit. Joan would never have done something like that.

by Anonymousreply 129August 6, 2021 6:41 AM

[quote]There was just a thread about some mid 70s film where Pamela Bellwood was licking some ladyham! But a fine upstanding PBS kind of rug munching period piece.

Was it better than the fine upstanding HBO kind of ass munching shows we get now?

by Anonymousreply 130August 6, 2021 6:45 AM

[quote]Steven is gay.

LOVE PSM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 6, 2021 7:08 AM

[quote]Was it better than the fine upstanding HBO kind of ass munching shows we get now?

What shows are these? Apparently I’m missing them!

by Anonymousreply 132August 6, 2021 7:23 AM

Al Corley ripped Steven's bow tie off better than Jack Coleman did.

by Anonymousreply 133August 6, 2021 8:04 AM

While we’re talking about Pammy Sue leaving, what was the reason for Al Corley leaving? Stupid on his part as well.

by Anonymousreply 134August 6, 2021 8:29 AM

I think PSM wanted to be the hot pants hooker but couldn’t sell it like Jodie and Linda B.

by Anonymousreply 135August 6, 2021 8:32 AM

R134 Corey actually left the show because Steven wasn’t gay enough. When Jack Coleman joined the show to replace him, they kept Steven full on bi which was ridiculous. But it was early 80s and the show wasn’t going to go there unfortunately. If they had the balls to make Steven exclusively gay, Dynasty would be better remembered today instead of the camp fest and cat fight soap it was.

by Anonymousreply 136August 6, 2021 10:41 AM

Darling, no amount of pole could outrun Moldavia.

by Anonymousreply 137August 6, 2021 11:02 AM

R135 is that true!? I wish we could see the audition.

by Anonymousreply 138August 6, 2021 11:10 AM

John Davidson looks like my methed out meemaw

by Anonymousreply 139August 6, 2021 11:27 AM

😆

by Anonymousreply 140August 6, 2021 11:30 AM

[quote] The Fallon character should have just been written off after Martin left. Because Emma sucked.

Leave Emma Samms alone. She was dealt a really bad hand. She played a character that was the complete opposite of PSM's character. That woman on The Colbys had the same name but turned practically to the most reactive character that was ever shown on Dynasty I or II. The way this Fallon girl on The Colbys was written, even PSM couldn't have saved it. Old Fallon returned in Dynasty's last season, but of course by then nobody bothered to notice anymore.

I am trying to imagine what Emma Samms' casting was like. "Ok, Emma, you're auditioning for Fallon Carrington. Remember Fallon? Yeah, forget all about her. Play it like Val Ewing instead. That's what we are going for now." That must have been confusing like hell for any actress. You better just roll your eyes and think of all the $$ you may rake in.

by Anonymousreply 141August 6, 2021 12:28 PM

What happened to Fallon was what happens when you put plot before character. Fallon's restlessness, her subjugation under benign sexism, her substitution of sex for meaning and focus, all could have driven the character for years. The character should never have come to terms with her mother, entirely, but wrestled with an ambivalence about that relationship... she should have conflicted with her father over his boys only view of a "dynasty." She and Jeff should have been the Suellen and J.R. of Dynasty... in love, out of love, at war, at peace and about to fuck it up and go back to war. Fallon was a rich character under Richard Shapiro in the early going. There was a lot to work with.

by Anonymousreply 142August 6, 2021 12:34 PM

R142 hear hear. Tori Spelling of all people recommended Samms for the role. Aside from Jack Coleman (many people prefer Corley but I thought Coleman did a good job), the producers never knew how to recast the Carrington kids. Samms wasn’t a strong enough actress to even master an American accent. That should’ve been their first clue her casting was going to be a disaster.

Agreed the writing for Fallon was bad most of the time Samms played her. It was a chance for Samms to break into prime time but she was never better than just a daytime soap actress. They gave her shit writing and she just did what she was told. A stronger actress would’ve made the most of the scraps she was given. Samms just faded into the woodwork. Of course Cellini and Sachs (new Adam on the reunion) were even worse.

by Anonymousreply 143August 6, 2021 1:13 PM

The real Dynasty estate (exterior/gardens).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 6, 2021 5:13 PM

R122 Stella Stevens is alive but total dementia. Gene Hackman is alive. Carol Lynley is alive. I expect the kid who played PSM’s brother is alive.

by Anonymousreply 145August 6, 2021 5:17 PM

I think the 3 hour pilot was actually shot at Filoli, including the interiors. Later on they would occasionally film outdoor scenes there but I don't think any more interior shots were filmed there, which was a pity because the pilot looked beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 146August 6, 2021 5:18 PM

Carol Lynley died in September 2019.

by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2021 5:23 PM

Prior to Dynasty, Bellwood played memorable bitches in an episode of “Rhoda” and the movie “Serial.” In the latter, Tuesday Weld, I believe, told Bellwood’s character “you’re a cunt.” I was 12 or so and watching it on cable with my mother and father, and my mother asked, clear as day, “what’s a cunt?” She was a lady.

by Anonymousreply 148August 6, 2021 5:25 PM

The house shot from the air is just north of the Stanford campus and can partially be seen from 101.

by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2021 5:26 PM

r147 Wow, I missed that!

by Anonymousreply 150August 6, 2021 5:28 PM

[Quote] Carol Lynley died in September 2019.

But she rose the morning after.

by Anonymousreply 151August 6, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote] Al Corley ripped Steven's bow tie off better than Jack Coleman did.

Agreed. Al Corley looked genuinely pissed off when he did that. Jack Coleman looked like he was getting ready to change into his pajamas and take a nap.

by Anonymousreply 152August 6, 2021 5:56 PM

R80 r99 PSM is from Westport, CT. It is firmly upper middle class. Incidentally, Linda Blair is also from Westport. I remember hearing one of PSM’s husband’s referred to as “the Argentine coffee bean heir,” but that could have been publicist spin.

by Anonymousreply 153August 6, 2021 5:58 PM

I've visited the houses of the "big four" 1980s prime-time soaps (Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Knots Landing). Been inside the houses of the first three and inside one house of Knots Landing (Karen's house)!!!

by Anonymousreply 154August 6, 2021 6:01 PM

Where is Lisa Lampanelli from?

by Anonymousreply 155August 6, 2021 6:01 PM

I bet you also visited the Golden Girls house.

by Anonymousreply 156August 6, 2021 6:02 PM

Bellwood should stay in Westport. Being a coffee heiress in Hollywood is an occupational risk.

by Anonymousreply 157August 6, 2021 6:11 PM

R156, yes, and the houses of All in the Family, Full House, Family Matters, Maude, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Family, Brothers and Sisters, The Brady Bunch, Fantasy Island, and Amityville!

by Anonymousreply 158August 6, 2021 6:24 PM

The house, at the time of the pilot shoots, was actually empty. It was owned by two families: the Bourns, who built it, and the Roths, who bought it in the late 30s. The widow Roth had moved to a smaller house and the place was empty when Dynasty came calling, so it was an easy shoot in that respect. Funnily, for years it seemed, the local grand dames who seemed to run the place on a volunteer basis, seemed to prefer death over mentioning Dynasty. Filoli was a garden estate, you see. Over time, the place has gotten a lot more chill about it.

Here is a link to a series of posts on a blog from a man called Ralph Serensky... a director for years. He did a lot of work on the early Dynasty, particularly the pilot. But look at his stories on the blog... he did a lot of work on everything. Marvellous stories. Enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 6, 2021 8:08 PM

Ralph Serensky is now 98 years old. Directed episodes of Barnaby Jones, Family, and The Waltons (my COVID "work from home" faves)!

by Anonymousreply 160August 6, 2021 8:14 PM

Thanks R159. Can't believe Tyne Daly was considered for the role of Claudia! That would've been a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 161August 6, 2021 8:16 PM

When I saw the remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, I was sure Brooke Adams was PSM with a dye job.

And no mention of her howlingly bad Torchlight, where she was the wife of Steve Railsback, playing another freaked out psycho?

by Anonymousreply 162August 6, 2021 8:34 PM

R159 I love how the .org site has not-a-mention of Dynasty! They probably find it too tacky.

by Anonymousreply 163August 6, 2021 8:39 PM

The gossipy 'Star' would report that they were trying to get PSM to come back, comparing Emma Samms to the disastrous recast of Donna Reed as Miss Ellie.

(Click twice to enlarge.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 6, 2021 8:41 PM

R164 The producers were horrible with how they set up Donna. Of course no one could replace BBG…she was beloved. Donna Reed had left series television a star…and after her I’ll-advised return/stint on Dallas she was destroyed. She died shortly after.

by Anonymousreply 165August 6, 2021 8:45 PM

R164 I love how Barbara Stanwyck gave a quote about Emma Samms! More or less, “she’s in over her head.”

by Anonymousreply 166August 6, 2021 8:50 PM

R122 Yes it was mentioned R41 but not nearly enough!

by Anonymousreply 167August 6, 2021 8:58 PM

And that other quote in the article at R164 from "the insider" who commented on how having two "controlled actors" opposite each other - John James and Emma Samms - just doesn't work. That very much describes what I felt after PSM left.

by Anonymousreply 168August 6, 2021 10:31 PM

R164 I was 19 at the time, an avid Dynasty and Colbys watcher. I really got my hopes up PSM was returning. I hated Emma Samms with a passion as Fallon. Even the last Dynasty season when the writing improved, she was never Fallon to me. They tried to get PSM back at least once that i know of when they were planning the Colbys. I’m unsure if they made an attempt in mid 1986 like the Star says. David Paulsen who wrote the last Dynasty season was entertaining bringing her back. Then he talked to Samms, and basically asked her what’s the problem with you in this role? She said she just plays what’s written. They decided to stick with Samms and wrote better for her the last year.

by Anonymousreply 169August 6, 2021 10:35 PM

Will (new) Dynasty also recast Fallon? There have been THREE Krystals/Cristals and THREE Alexises on (new) Dynasty thus far!

by Anonymousreply 170August 6, 2021 10:42 PM

Why did Sheridan leave? What was the gossip?

by Anonymousreply 171August 6, 2021 10:45 PM

R110, I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 172August 6, 2021 10:50 PM

R171, Nicolette Sheridan was awful in the role (and the Alexis character is poorly written, no matter what actress is playing her). Producers fired her but allowed her to make a statement to the press to save (her) face: "I am leaving Dynasty to care for an ill family member". LAME!

by Anonymousreply 173August 6, 2021 10:56 PM

Smartest thing Sheridan ever did was to get off the new Dynasty. I hate watch it. It has to be seen to be believed. Worst actors ever to be on any tv show. The characters don’t even act like human beings, just vacuous cartoon characters.

by Anonymousreply 174August 6, 2021 10:57 PM

What about Ariana Grande's friend? I forget her name. Fallon?

by Anonymousreply 175August 6, 2021 10:59 PM

I like the actress who plays Fallon on the new Dynasty but the show is total crap. The present Alexis is the luckiest local theatre actress ever.

Exactly: a cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 176August 6, 2021 11:00 PM

The only thing I remember about John Davidson is this terrible fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 6, 2021 11:04 PM

It was always hilarious watching queeny John James react with horror to Steven's gayness.

by Anonymousreply 178August 6, 2021 11:21 PM

John James, who's his bf?

by Anonymousreply 179August 6, 2021 11:23 PM

Sally Field went from the Flying Nun to The Girl With Something Extra - about a girl who could read people's minds. Her husband was Jon Davidson. Of course, she couldn't really discuss what was on his mind most of the time (pussy, pussy, and more pussy - and probably someone else's than hers) so the show only lasted a couple of months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 6, 2021 11:44 PM

The blog mentioned at R159 is interesting.

Apparently also mentioned in some DVD extra interview, but apparently Jeff Colby was never meant to be a series regular. John James met with the Shapiros and basically talked himself into a job.

by Anonymousreply 181August 7, 2021 1:00 AM

I liked Emma Samms but she really sucked it as Fallon. She’s not a bad actress, just miscast in that role. And the girl that replaced Catherine Oxenberg as Amanda? From bad to worse. Neither could act their way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 182August 7, 2021 7:38 PM

It's weird how serious the show was in its early episodes, and how they completely camped it up and changed almost 100 percent of it once it hit the air.

by Anonymousreply 183August 7, 2021 7:43 PM

R182 I think the feeling was if they had John, Joan and Linda and their annual cat fight it would be enough for viewers. They thought wrong when they ratings fell like a rock. Oxenberg wanted a modest raise and tightwad Aaron Spelling wasn’t willing to give it to her, so what do they do, replace her with an American actress when the character is English. And do the opposite with Fallon. Has to be the stupidest castings ever on a major hit tv show. Samms might’ve been just ok on General Hospital, but the woman is a mediocre actress. Her speaking voice is extremely weak.

by Anonymousreply 184August 7, 2021 8:23 PM

On (new) Dynasty, Joseph Anders was just killed in a car crash. His daughter on the show, Kirby, is Australian...and a druggie. Get this, a couple of seasons ago it was revealed that Anders was the father of Steven! (New) Dynasty really fucks with your mind.

by Anonymousreply 185August 8, 2021 4:36 AM

Thank you for that spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 186August 8, 2021 1:09 PM

Second R186's 'thank you'. Spoilers: Not cool.

Inr185's defense, he probably didn't assume that anyone here watches that dreck. 350,000 viewers per episode, but renewed for yet another season.

by Anonymousreply 187August 8, 2021 2:43 PM

I guess it hits a desirable demographic for commercials?

by Anonymousreply 188August 8, 2021 3:05 PM

I don’t know anybody who watches the new “dynasty” I wonder what the demographic is or if my friends are liars!

by Anonymousreply 189August 8, 2021 3:17 PM

R187, if you aren't in the States you watch it on Netflix, which unless they've changed doesn't release until the series concludes for the season on the Junk Network or whatever it airs on. It is so bad it isn't even a guilty pleasure for me, but I find the actress who plays Fallon does it well given what she has to work with, her blond husband is great eye candy and it's something to see the barely able actress who plays Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 190August 8, 2021 3:21 PM

It apparently does well internationally.

by Anonymousreply 191August 8, 2021 3:21 PM

Who plays Alexis now? Have they introduced Sable?

by Anonymousreply 192August 8, 2021 3:23 PM

Her name is Elaine Hendrix, I think. She's not awful but she's not good. The limits of her acting ability suggest she fit well within budget.

by Anonymousreply 193August 8, 2021 3:25 PM

They should lure Kylie Travis back from Australia. She was great on Central Park West.

by Anonymousreply 194August 8, 2021 3:29 PM

Or Westchester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 8, 2021 3:33 PM

WHET Karen Celliini?

by Anonymousreply 196August 8, 2021 3:34 PM

She got really fat.

by Anonymousreply 197August 8, 2021 3:38 PM

It’s too bad they got rid of Anders. He was one of the very few decent actors on the show who acted like a normal human being, even in the CW Dynasty realm where everything is so ridiculous and unbelievable. The show is uniformly horrible. No character or story arcs lasting more than a couple episodes or so. No characters you can root for or are so annoying you want to throttle them (Dominique, Adam, Kirby, Sammy Jo the worst of the worst). None of them can act. Bitch that plays Fallon doesn’t even take a breath between her lines.

by Anonymousreply 198August 8, 2021 3:44 PM

That's funny, because she's a singer.

by Anonymousreply 199August 8, 2021 3:46 PM

In her defence, she may be trying to get it over with.

by Anonymousreply 200August 8, 2021 3:57 PM

Liz Gillies can't be all bad if she's spreading the Gospel of Dolores Gray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 8, 2021 4:04 PM

R200 true lol. They all know they’re on a shit show no one watches. Why bother to even try?

by Anonymousreply 202August 8, 2021 4:15 PM

R201 geez, she has more followers than movie stars like Nicole Kidman and julia roberts. The world is upside down!

by Anonymousreply 203August 8, 2021 4:20 PM

Liz Gillies is Ariana Grande's bestie. I bet she has a ton of followers because of that.

by Anonymousreply 204August 8, 2021 4:31 PM

No Sable yet on (new) Dynasty. Alexis revealed to Dominique that she (Alexis) had a child after she divorced Blake and that the child was raised by her relatives in Europe. That child is obviously Amanda, arriving soon!

by Anonymousreply 205August 8, 2021 5:53 PM

They should actually bring Original Sable to new Dynasty. That would really mindfuck all the viewers, and it would be FABULOUS.

by Anonymousreply 206August 8, 2021 10:59 PM

Ladies, can we start a thread about "new Dynasty", and leave this thread to discussing PSM?

by Anonymousreply 207August 9, 2021 4:51 PM

OK, but realistically, how much more is there to say? 207 posts on an actress who faded twenty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 208August 9, 2021 4:54 PM

What was that joke re Mengers? "Ryan O'Neal for The Godfather?"?

by Anonymousreply 209August 9, 2021 4:57 PM

I'm sure R207 would rather discuss *his* PMS.

by Anonymousreply 210August 9, 2021 5:05 PM

I noticed at the reunion interview “caviar and catfights” or whatever it was called that she went straight for Linda as opposed to Joan, not sure if they hugged. I wonder how it was on that set. Terri garber pointed out that Joan could be very nice or very not nice depending on her mood. Linda always comes across like light and Joan has some bitchiness to her that can’t help but come through in her performances and in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 211August 9, 2021 5:13 PM

On (new) Dynasty, Moldavia has been mentioned/visited but no royals (Prince Michael, King Gaelan) or wedding massacre yet. Long-lost Carrington daughter Amanda is arriving soon. I wonder if the show will copy (old) Dynasty's season 6-9 storylines, when shit hit the fan and ratings tanked. Krystal's kidnapping and replacement by Rita the twin, Blake's evil brother Ben, the Falmonts, is Adam a biological Carrington or not, Nazi loot buried in tunnels, La Mirage burning down, returning-from-the-dead Matthew Blaisdale, etc.

by Anonymousreply 212August 9, 2021 5:57 PM

I don't think anyone cares about NuDynasty.

by Anonymousreply 213August 9, 2021 5:59 PM

R213, DIE, NASTY!

by Anonymousreply 214August 9, 2021 6:02 PM

[quote] Nazi loot buried in tunnels

I JUST realized that Dynasty and Falcon Crest both had story lines of that sort. Remember the corrupt cop on Dynasty talking to a mysterious woman? I bet it was Gustav Riebman's widow. (After all these decades I am still too much into this.)

by Anonymousreply 215August 9, 2021 7:27 PM

[quote]Krystal's kidnapping and replacement by Rita the twin

There's been three Krystles already. That would be a hard story to make clear.

by Anonymousreply 216August 9, 2021 7:28 PM

Give Rita an accent.

by Anonymousreply 217August 9, 2021 7:31 PM

R211 Pamela and Joan weren’t particularly close. John wasn’t a fan of Joans either. Ironically Joan and Linda got along. There were two camps. Joan and John Linda. PSM, Pamela Bellwood, Diahann were with John and Linda and Gordon Thomson and Michael Nader with Joan. Heather Locklear was neutral just came in and did her job. Unsure about the two Stevens or some of the other cast. From what I hear there was no major diva behavior on the set. No blowups either. There were all professional and did their jobs, but didn’t go hopscotching hand in hand after the episodes were filmed either. I think Helmut Berger said when he was on the show it was Hollywood factory work just turning out sausage or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 218August 9, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] John wasn’t a fan of Joans either.

He was not one of her FAAAANNNNNSSSSS

by Anonymousreply 219August 9, 2021 9:44 PM

diahann and joan were long time friends though, before, during and after dynasty....

by Anonymousreply 220August 10, 2021 12:57 AM

Diahann was criminally underused as Dominique. The original plan was to have her be Kirby’s mother (the product of an affair with Joseph). But Esther and Richard Shapiro were pussies and didn’t want to offend the white audiences and didn’t really fight the network executives for that storyline, which would have been fascinating. So they brought in the dull as dishwasher Troy Beyer as her daughter, which made no sense. She wasn’t linked to anyone else in the plot lines. Diahann was merely used as window dressing instead of being an important part of the show. She looked fabulous but she didn’t do much other than snark at Alexis from time to time and have sex with her boyfriends. What a waste. And instead of having her be a businesswoman, she was a nightclub singer - stereotypical much. I stopped watching the show when I realized that Diahann was merely a token for the network and the show’s producers.

by Anonymousreply 221August 10, 2021 1:06 AM

Well, come on...it was a pretty amazing twist to find out that Blake and Dominique were brother and sister, both sired by ole Tom Carrington. Didn't Blake essentially hand over millions to her as inherited from Tom just after he died? My memory...

by Anonymousreply 222August 10, 2021 1:36 AM

It was r222 but they failed to build on it.

by Anonymousreply 223August 10, 2021 1:44 AM

[quote] She posed for Playboy before fellow Dynasty costars Joan and Pamela B. did back when she was on Nancy Drew.

Did she get that career-ending urinary tract infection from splashing about in the Playboy mansion grotto?

by Anonymousreply 224August 10, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote] Did PSM have a drug problem? The hair falling out sounds like her body was taking a battering.

I'm pretty sure she copped to having a serious cocaine problem around the time she left. I think her first post-Dynasty project was the little art film Torchlight that deals with coke addiction. Coincidentally, it also starred Al Corley who I think has talked about drug use and sex when he worked at Studio 54 (pre-Dynasty).

by Anonymousreply 225August 10, 2021 2:05 AM

Carroll and O'Mara were just dry runs for Beecham.

by Anonymousreply 226August 10, 2021 2:09 AM

[quote] The Fallon character should have just been written off after Martin left. Because Emma sucked.

They did, but no one ever stays dead in a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 227August 10, 2021 2:14 AM

They should have had Samms drop the accent. It wouldn't have made her right for the role but it would have helped her.

by Anonymousreply 228August 10, 2021 2:16 AM

[quote] I remember them showing horses and stables on the show. And they'd sometimes dress Krystle and Alexis in riding outfits.

Yes, but those were always for the sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 229August 10, 2021 2:16 AM

It speaks volumes how they introduced Dominique. She appeared first in the penultimate episode of season 4, checking into the La Mirage. She sings and starts being nosy about Alexis, not Blake. Then the cliffhanger; Fallon disappears. Producers change. A few episodes into season 5 they finally reveal who Dominique is. In other words: They onboarded the actress without having the slightest clue who she would play. That's how the show was run.

by Anonymousreply 230August 10, 2021 2:17 AM

Was the character not suggested by Carroll? I expect she wanted to sing to give her nightclub act a boost.

by Anonymousreply 231August 10, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] I've visited the houses of the "big four" 1980s prime-time soaps (Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Knots Landing). Been inside the houses of the first three and inside one house of Knots Landing (Karen's house)!!!

Did the police arrest you?

by Anonymousreply 232August 10, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote] Inr185's defense, he probably didn't assume that anyone here watches that dreck. 350,000 viewers per episode, but renewed for yet another season.

I read that there is some insane international syndication deal that makes them a mint. Frankly, one person could be watching it here in the States and it would continue to get renewed. It's like Bold & Beautiful in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 233August 10, 2021 2:31 AM

Diahann really lobbied for the role. She saw Spelling at the golden globes and kept nagging him to put her on the show. He relented and she thought she was going to be the first black bitch on tv. Making her Blake’s sister was a mistake. Even making her Kirbys mother would’ve been a letdown even if Beller stayed. Cecils ex wife would’ve been good with Alexis having to share Colbyco with her or even Dominique tossing her out on her ear. It would’ve been better for her to have an adversarial relationship with BOTH Blake and Alexis in fact.

by Anonymousreply 234August 10, 2021 2:49 AM

^ Agreed. Of the three options for Dominique, Cecil's long lost first wife was best.

by Anonymousreply 235August 10, 2021 3:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!