Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People With Signs on Their Yard Saying "No Dog Poop or Pee". What do we Think of Them?

I don't even have a dog, but when out walking today I noticed a neighbor with two signs on his yard, both saying No Dog Pooping or Peeing. My first thought was, "What if EVERYONE had this sign on their lawn?" People walk dogs all the time in my neighborhood, and I hardly expect them to control where their dog decides he needs to relieve himself. As long as they pick up the poop I am fine, despite the fact that sometimes the urine makes the grass brown temporarily. I just chalk this up to something we all have to get along about.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2021 1:27 AM

Agree, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2021 5:36 PM

In my neighborhood one particularly nice but incredibly snotty street has an abundance of wooden cut-outs of dogs squatting that say “No Pooping!”. I guess it’s intended to be cute with a point? Tacky nevertheless.

$1+million dollar homes with cheap signs of dogs taking a shit. Money can’t buy class.

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2021 5:42 PM

The signs are uglier than a few brown patches in the yard. It is annoying when people don’t pick up the poop though.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2021 5:43 PM

I live in a neighborhood where some folks let their dog out to roam and the entire world is their pooping ground. It’s a pain in the ass when you mow, to have to scoop the poop of a pet that doesn’t belong to you. Some also walk their dogs and don’t bother to scoop.

Most owners are like me, and take care of the pup’s shit. I’d never put up a sign like that, but I understand where some of the frustration comes from.

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2021 5:45 PM

Instead of a sign, IT GETS THE HOSE if it poops on my lawn.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2021 5:51 PM

Maybe you won't agree, but if you're walking your dog on a leash, you shouldn't let it even walk on people's lawns, never mind crap/pee on them. It's not your property. Why would you or your dog be on other people's lawns? What's wrong with respecting boundaries? Aren't there other places your dog can relieve itself?

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2021 5:56 PM

Anyone who doesn't pick up after their dog is a public menace, but fortunately the people in my neighborhood are good about that.

I have a big tree in my front yard that serves as a neighborhood dog bulletin board. The tree seems to love it.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2021 5:56 PM

R4 Where are you? In my neighborhood, if we see a dog unleashed the entire community has a meltdown and search parties are dispatched and the humane society and SPCA is called for logistical support.

R6 Put up a fence. You live in the real world where dogs are part of it.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote] Aren't there other places your dog can relieve itself?

Where would you suggest? Most dogs need a good walking unless they have a fenced in yard with plenty of room to run.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2021 6:22 PM

TTFW

Too Tacky for Words

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2021 6:24 PM

Are they the same people who have this sign?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2021 7:00 PM

Or this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2021 7:00 PM

Here in Chicago, the grassy area between the road and the sidewalk is public property. Some people will still put up the 'no poop/pee zone' signs in that area even though they don't own it and have no right to tell you what to do there. I encourage my dog to piss on those signs.

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2021 7:25 PM

[quote]despite the fact that sometimes the urine makes the grass brown temporarily.

No, it kills the grass outright, you have to reseed it or else wait for grass to take over again which can take a while.

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2021 7:56 PM

We finally put up a sign after too many people didn’t pick up after their dog. Wasn’t a problem for years—maybe it’s the COVID owners? Our dog isn’t allowed on any private property unless invited.

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2021 8:05 PM

I don't mind of dogs pee in my yard, although I've heard other people complain about it before. I don't mind if they poop as long as the OWNER picks it all up. Fuck those fucktards who don't, they also happen to be the same ass boils who dump their old black labs at the shelter for a young labradoodle and when that gets old they're going to dump the labradoodle for a Husky who who will escape their fence again and again until it gets hit by a car. Exactly the sort of people you'd expect to leave their shit in other peoples' yards.

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2021 8:05 PM

I think it is disgusting and rude to let your animal shit on someones yard. It isn’t your property, and it isn’t your dogs toilet. The level of entitlement that comes from the entitlement of dog owners is nothing short of ridiculous.

Of course I think those signs are tacky as well. That is why it is best to have a fence along your property.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2021 8:10 PM

I'm on the fence about this. I love dogs but I think it's damn inconsiderate when people don't pick up after themselves. Just yesterday I saw a guy letting his dog take a crap in my neighbor's yard and walk away pretending he didn't see it. I stopped my car and stared at him, and only then he turned back and collected.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2021 8:11 PM

Everyone has cameras where I live and a lot of people aren't shy about posting videos of poop offenders on Nextdoor, asking if anyone knows that person or their dog.

I love how these assholes always turn their heads when their dog stops in someone's yard, and just so happen to look away and become engrossed with their phone at precisely the time the dog starts to shit, as if they had noooooo ideaaaaa.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2021 8:12 PM

Yes, they always pretend they are busy looking at their phones or something and then just so happen to resume the walk as soon as the dog has finished its big shit.

Not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2021 8:15 PM

"That is why it is best to have a fence along your property."

I agree. Good fences make good neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2021 8:15 PM

A lot of neighborhoods, mine included, do not allow fences in the front yard.

by Anonymousreply 22July 30, 2021 8:17 PM

Shit and piss on ‘em!

by Anonymousreply 23July 30, 2021 8:18 PM

Have not seen this very often but always assumed the person had a problem with a neighbor/neighbors whose dogs used their lawns and they never cleaned up after them, e.g., there was an issue they were responding to.

by Anonymousreply 24July 30, 2021 8:20 PM

My dogs have their poop spots in the yard and refuse to use “public” bathrooms. We could be gone all day and they refuse to poop until we get back home.

As for peeing, that’s an entirely different issue. Of course they like to pee where some other dog has marked before to show that they own the neighborhood. I don’t let my dogs walk into anyone’s yard, but if they pee on the patch of grass where the street starts and your lot ends, don’t blame me.

by Anonymousreply 25July 30, 2021 8:20 PM

I saw a “why don’t you take ur dog to your yard, do I make myself clear.” Sign

by Anonymousreply 26July 30, 2021 8:23 PM

There are many times when my dog will spend 20 minutes sniffing out various patches of grass before selecting the ideal spot. I always want to ask, "why there? What was wrong with the first 30 patches of grass?"

by Anonymousreply 27July 30, 2021 8:23 PM

If it’s yellow let it mellow. If it’s brown bend over and pick that shit up!

by Anonymousreply 28July 30, 2021 8:24 PM

Why do you care, OP? Just as you are indifferent to entitled dog owner shit . You should feel the same to these signs.

by Anonymousreply 29July 30, 2021 8:24 PM

Dog owners are so damn entitled. I don’t understand the mentality. If a dog shits or pisses on someone else’s property, why is that okay? I don’t want your dog’s waste on my property. The poster above bleating about the real world and dogs being a part of it is bullshit. Does that thinking apply to humans? What if I need to piss or shit or what if a small kid needs to go? Can we do it on your lawn? I promise I’ll pick it up!

by Anonymousreply 30July 30, 2021 8:25 PM

Private property doesn't = a public park. That is what the real problem is. Self involved entitled dog owner are the problem not the dogs.

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2021 8:26 PM

Well R30, I hope that when you see them you scream out "GET OFF OF MY LAWN!!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 30, 2021 8:28 PM

I shit on their lawn while I keep my dog on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 33July 30, 2021 8:29 PM

So original, r32. That has never been said here.

by Anonymousreply 34July 30, 2021 8:34 PM

Entitled dog owners are as nauseating as fraus with their "kiddos".

At least the fraus don't let their kids shit in their neighbor's yards, though. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 35July 30, 2021 8:35 PM

My lawn service regularly leaves a yellow tag informing these pigs and their dogs that horrific chemicals have been sprayed on the lawn (herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers). It's a deterrent for most (although not all).

by Anonymousreply 36July 30, 2021 8:36 PM

90% of dogs owners are bipolar mental cases. They believe their dogs are humans and treat them as such.

by Anonymousreply 37July 30, 2021 8:39 PM

Dog waste may be a deer deterrent. Accordingly, I don’t mind if my neighbor dogs crap or piss in my yard.

Besides, it’s already crapped up by deer, mice, chipmunks, foxes, rabbits, coyotes, groundhogs, squirrels and whatever else roams in southeast PA.

by Anonymousreply 38July 30, 2021 8:42 PM

I love to let my dogs shit n piss in neighboring yards

by Anonymousreply 39July 30, 2021 8:43 PM

I don't let my dogs poop or piss on someone else's property. It's distasteful and disrespectful.

That said, sidewalk or public grass space is fair game (and yes, I always pick up poop, as everyone should after their pet). I also have no problem encouraging my dogs to piss on "Curb Your Dog" signs on public spaces.

by Anonymousreply 40July 30, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote]The signs are uglier than a few brown patches in the yard.

You think dog shit is better than a sign?

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote] Why do you care, OP?

I thought I explained myself fairly well but I'll state it again. I just wondered what people who post these signs are thinking. That their lawn is special and everyone else's is not? Again I ask where do they expect these dogs to pee or poop?

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote] I don't let my dogs poop or piss on someone else's property.

How does this work if you're taking your dog for a walk in the neighborhood? Do you plug its urethra?

by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2021 8:57 PM

I wish my neighbor would walk his dogs more. They poop in his yard and if he doesn't clean it up our yard smells like shit!

by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2021 8:58 PM

Surely DLers all live on vast secluded estates with grounds attendants so dog excreta is simply not a concern.

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2021 9:05 PM

r43, you let your dog go piss and shit on parkways aka city property. It's not difficult to understand. PLUS, dogs that piss everywhere ARE NOT going pee. They are marking territory. Domesticated dogs should not mark anywhere but it's their moronic owners believing they're just going pee pee. Ask any good veterinarian and they will tell you the same.

by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2021 9:05 PM

R44 suffer!

by Anonymousreply 47July 30, 2021 9:08 PM

What r46 said.

by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2021 9:09 PM

I was once shown a 3rd story condo for sale and I smelled something bad and looked down and the ground floor unit had tons of dog shit piled up…I said no thanks and left.

by Anonymousreply 49July 30, 2021 9:11 PM

Oh and YES dogs can be trained NOT to piss and mark everywhere. It is BASIC animal training.

by Anonymousreply 50July 30, 2021 9:11 PM

how many generations have dealt with this? Back in the 1960s in the suburban southwest I don't think scooping dog waste was even a "thing'..... It was just something you lived with.

by Anonymousreply 51July 30, 2021 9:13 PM

It's amazing how certain people think their children and their pets should be everyone's problem/responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 52July 30, 2021 9:16 PM

r51, there are far more dog owners now and more are bipolar mental cases calling them their fur babies.

by Anonymousreply 53July 30, 2021 9:16 PM

Dog owners are almost as entitled as breeders. No one wants your dog's waste in their yard; no one wants your dog in the bar or restaurant. One of the reasons people don't have dogs is because they don't want to deal with dog waste. Let your dogs shit and piss in your yard before taking them on a walk.

by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2021 9:20 PM

Dog owners are selfish deranged loons. When they're not obsessing about their mongrels, they ignore the shit or if they have a slight bit of decency to pick it up/bag it, they dump it in others' trash cans. I lost count of how many times I had to scrape congealed shit bags off of the inside of my trash bins.

Who voluntarily gets a pet whose feces has to be picked up by hand? Scat-obsessed deranged dog owenrs!

by Anonymousreply 55July 30, 2021 9:20 PM

[bold] The One Where Cat Owners Lash Out In A Manner Similar To Their Beloved Pets

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2021 1:39 AM

Do a search on here or Google under how many people have been killed or horrible harmed by cats. Then, do the same search for dogs, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote]Where would you suggest? Most dogs need a good walking unless they have a fenced in yard with plenty of room to run.

I don't know where you live. There are parks, there's the sidewalk? There are usually some grassy areas. Some places have dog parks. It's funny you think there's something wrong with people for putting up signs saying to keep your dog off their lawn. It's their lawn, not yours or your dog's. You literally don't seem to get this, and that's what I and some others find a little weird. Do you think you're allowed in everyone's yard? You're not. Or their house. There's a point where your rights leave off and other people's begin.

There was a time when dogs roamed free and they crapped everywhere, that was the way it was, but this is a different time. I live in a condo, I think some dog owners are weird. They leave plastic bags of dog shit *on top of* the dumpster. Why, I don't know. They don't even open it and throw it in. Someone used to have a dog that pissed up against the building. It took a few years for that smell to go away. Every summer when you opened a window you could smell piss. Sure dog owners have some rights but nobody wants to deal with your crap, literally. lol

by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2021 7:28 AM

When I was a very young child, I took a dump in a Sears bathroom display that had a toilet. Momma had to clean it up.

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2021 12:46 PM

OP here. I sincerely didn't know, never having owned a dog, that you could train them to not spray or piss while being taken on a walk.

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2021 2:56 PM

I guess there is a reason OP is "lined out."

by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2021 4:29 PM

If they shit on someone's property, PICK IT UP.

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2021 4:37 PM

by Anonymousreply 63August 1, 2021 4:55 PM

I guess whoever said he'd be charged by July meant some other July apparently?

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2021 1:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!