Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Veronica Lake, rarely mentioned on DL

Fun fact: Lake was bartending at the Martha Washington in the early '60s, where she crossed paths with future top model and 'Gillian Girl' Anne Welles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2022 11:56 PM

Fun fact #2: Diana Ross’ “Eaten Alive” album cover was inspired by this famous Veronica Lake photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2021 11:27 AM

Diana’s “Eaten Alive” album cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2021 11:29 AM

Her last movie makes "Trog" look a dignified outing.

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2021 11:40 AM

Veronica was more of a heterosexual icon.

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2021 11:58 AM

She was mentally ill, probably schizoaffective disorder with an alcohol use disorder. Many on The DL have much in common with her.

by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2021 11:58 AM

She’s so pretty and had such a sad story.

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2021 12:19 PM

I just got finished watching The Blue Dahlia. Solid movie but Lake wasn’t in it as much as I hoped. What’s her best film noir?

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2022 4:16 AM

r7, I like This Gun For Hire the best.

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2022 4:18 AM

Under 5 ft

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2022 4:20 AM

[quote] Veronica Lake, rarely mentioned on DL

Because "Veronica Lake" is of no interest. I'm sure her real was Matilda Schwartzberg.

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2022 4:27 AM

What was with the paramount starlets. Veronica, Gail Russell, Frances Farmer, Helen Walker… they all seemed to have tragic lives.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2022 4:34 AM

A beautiful blonde

by Anonymousreply 12November 5, 2022 2:30 AM

I always confused her with Virginia Mayo.

by Anonymousreply 13November 5, 2022 2:32 AM

Peek-a-boo! Here I am!

by Anonymousreply 14November 5, 2022 2:36 AM

Isn't that where Naya Rivera drowned?

by Anonymousreply 15November 5, 2022 2:40 PM

Real name = Connie Ockelman.

Now I may have watched a Connie Ockelman movie many, many tears ago but they have evaporated from my memory.

One part of my brain has informed another part of my brain that this memory is not worth retaining.

by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote]with future top model and 'Gillian Girl' Anne Welles.

It was Gilligan and her name was Dawn Welles!

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2022 11:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!